PDA

View Full Version : Gravel for Prez!

zefrendylia
05-08-2007, 05:10 PM
I didn't know an old guy could have so much fire! I'd vote for him if keeping Hillary out wasn't my main concern.

http://www.truthdig.com/interview/item/20070504_maverick_candidate_mike_gravel/

"....

We’ll have term limits. I believe in term limits. I think the president should only be six years. None of this reelection stuff. And in the Senate, 12 years. And in the House, four-year terms, three terms and you’re out. And then with the judiciary, 12 years and you’re out. Up or out. That means 12 years for the Supreme Court of the United States. When you appoint people to a powerful position for life, understand: Power is a corrupting agent. It corrupts everybody to some degree. It’s a corrupting agent. And the worst kind of power is the corruption it does intellectually to people. And so you put nine people on the Supreme Court and they live there for life ... you don’t think that they’re not intellectually corrupted? These are human beings.

Right now our national constituency is around 130 million Americans registered to vote, and so decisions will be made by the majority of that. You won’t have a turnout of that all the time, but just stop and think. If you had 50 million people voting on issues, on policy issues—they’re not going to get involved with the day-to-day operation; it’s the policy issues. And so what happens. ... Where are you going to get the best decision? The majority of 50 million people or the majority of 535 people and nine people in black robes? You’re going to get the best decisions from the people every time. If the people had the law, the national initiative, the federal ballot initiative that I’m putting forth, which goes around the Congress, the people have to vote for this directly. If the people had that, we’d get out of Iraq in the next 60 days. Because the people—you can tell by the polls—they want out. What’s wrong with the leadership that can’t comply with the will of the majority?"

What's wrong indeed??? :clap:

Hagbard Celine
05-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I like this guy too. Mike Gravel in the primaries!

darin
05-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Sometimes the will of the majority is wrong; or invalidated. Majority Rule is a nice concept, I suppose.

05-08-2007, 05:50 PM
If you like the guy so much, why dont you just give support to him and convince others too also?

You shouldnt vote out of fear. Fear of Hillary or anyone else. and you shouldnt let the media control who you vote for.

Vote for the person you want. Quite frankly I dont really care who you vote for because our nominee will beat whomever you elect. Stop letting the media dictate the race. get some grass roots going. Thats what Dean did.. he didnt win cause he had that breakdown. but get people excited about your candidate.

5stringJeff
05-08-2007, 07:10 PM
So would you also vote for GOPers with the same stand on term limits? 'Cause there are lots of us.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Sometimes the will of the majority is wrong; or invalidated.

We saw that in 2000 AND 2004. Thanks for noticing.

I remember Gravel from our Viet Nam experience. He's got a lot on the ball. Trouble is he's getting no air time to push his positions. A voice in the wilderness...

05-09-2007, 02:24 AM
We saw that in 2000 AND 2004. Thanks for noticing.

I remember Gravel from our Viet Nam experience. He's got a lot on the ball. Trouble is he's getting no air time to push his positions. A voice in the wilderness...

get some grass roots funding for him.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-09-2007, 11:01 AM
I would but he's not my horse in this race.

Pale Rider
05-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I would but he's not my horse in this race.

No... I imagine hitlery is... http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2292/hitlerrg6.jpg