PDA

View Full Version : The Man Behind Obama's 2008 Election Win Dead at Age 91

red states rule
04-27-2011, 04:02 AM
I wonder if Pres Obama will attand the service? Without this man Obama may never have won the election and things would be so much better in in America and in the world

Telemprompter Inventor "Hub" Schlafly Dies; Device Changed Public Address in America

Hubert J. “Hub” Schlafly Jr., a television engineer who aided countless politicians and performers when he helped invent the scrolling public-speaking crutch known as a teleprompter, died April 20 of undisclosed causes at a hospital in Stamford, Conn. He was 91.

Inspiration for the teleprompter came in the late 1940s from a Broadway actor, Fred Barton, who dreamed up a device that would help him remember his lines. He pitched his idea to Irving Kahn, then vice president for radio and television at 20th Century Fox.

Kahn turned to Mr. Schlafly, director of television research at Fox.

“I said it was a piece of cake,” Mr. Schlafly told the Stamford Advocate newspaper in 2008.

He installed a motorized scroll of paper inside half a suitcase. Actors’ lines were printed on the paper in half-inch letters, and the suitcase was set up next to studio cameras. The scrolling speed was controlled by a stagehand.

“We tried at one time to have the speaker control the speed,” Mr. Schlafly told the Advocate. That idea went nowhere, he said. “It was like patting your head and rubbing your stomach.”

Gambling that they would find customers for their invention, Barton, Kahn and Mr. Schlafly quit their jobs to start a new company, TelePrompTer Corp.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/hub-schlafly-tv-engineer-who-helped-invent-teleprompter-dies-at-91/2011/04/25/AF1K57lE_story.html

fj1200
04-27-2011, 06:29 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

red states rule
04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Since Obam was snubbed and is not going to the Royal wedding he can attend the funeral

He can give the eulogy off the teleprompter

sundaydriver
04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Over use of a teleprompter is akin to all these search, copy, & paste threads.

fj1200
04-27-2011, 11:58 PM

True, but this one was funny.

red states rule
04-28-2011, 04:43 PM

Very true

Considering Obama took his teleprompter to speak to a 6th grade school class

and when he went overseas he took about 13 teleprompters with him

Talk about over use of the teleprompter!!!!

sundaydriver
04-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Why does something so trivial seem to matter. It's the real issues that matter to eveyone and focusing anger & energy onl such rinky dink matters trivializes the questioners.

red states rule
04-29-2011, 02:57 AM
Why does something so trivial seem to matter. It's the real issues that matter to eveyone and focusing anger & energy onl such rinky dink matters trivializes the questioners.

So now it is anger to point out Obamas addiction to the teleprompter?

You need to get with the libs defense strategy of Obama. You forgot to call me a racist for posting this thread

sundaydriver
04-29-2011, 04:58 AM
So now it is anger to point out Obamas addiction to the teleprompter?

You need to get with the libs defense strategy of Obama. You forgot to call me a racist for posting this thread

Anger and or bitterness seems to cause most nit picking & pettiness over trivial matters. Isn't that what we should be better than?

red states rule
04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Anger and or bitterness seems to cause most nit picking & pettiness over trivial matters. Isn't that what we should be better than?

You mean like how libs mocked Pres Bush for the way he walked, talked, and where he lived?

You had a liberal op-ed writer publich an article why he hates George Bush

http://www.tnr.com/article/mad-about-you

red states rule
04-30-2011, 04:30 AM

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QQ_i8jMfFYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sundaydriver
04-30-2011, 09:50 AM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QQ_i8jMfFYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okay let me use Mr. Krauthammer as a example. Have watched him on news shows for a lot of years and agree with him on many topics. When I don't agree with him it is because we have a different take on events or projected outcome of events. I am not going to hammer him for his clothing which his collers were always wrinkled and his jackets were ill fitting when I disagree with him on topics. That would be petty & pointless because why does it matter to the topic?

red states rule
04-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Okay let me use Mr. Krauthammer as a example. Have watched him on news shows for a lot of years and agree with him on many topics. When I don't agree with him it is because we have a different take on events or projected outcome of events. I am not going to hammer him for his clothing which his collers were always wrinkled and his jackets were ill fitting when I disagree with him on topics. That would be petty & pointless because why does it matter to the topic?

Again, I am pointing out how Obama is dependendt on the teleprompter, and you dismiss it as "hate"

Of course Obama is like a fish out of water without the teleprompter, and is where many of his greatest gaffes have occured

It is not hhate as you tried to dismiss this thread as - if is the truth about Obama

You are good at not answering questions. After 8 years of pure hate toward Pres Bush, it is laughable for libs to now demand respect and iginore the facts about Obama