PDA

View Full Version : I stole a Canadian

Yurt
05-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Dear friends:

About 8 years ago I acquired this Canadian girlfriend. Well, she uh, like hooked me, EH. Her family was nice and all, her brother killed me the most. You better treat her right, eh. I could not help but think the threat lost its steam when he said, "eh." LOL. But, given the prison guard and former military man he is, I just said, "alright, eh." Thought he would come at me, but he just glared. Aaaahh, memories.......

Well, the day before today and the day before the day before yesterday, I drove the Mrs. down to smoggy LA and went with her for her USofA citizenship test/interview...................and..............she past!!!!!!

Took only five months from the app, so we thought this interview was a string of interviews, but the guy at the end (great guy btw) says, well, you need to fill this paperwork out and when you get this in the mail then..., he paused, I looked at him and was about to say something, given the drive to downtown LA from SLO, he looks at me, then looks are my better half and says:

you passed, congratulations!

All that is left is the swearing in! So I have taught her all the curse words I know!

:laugh2:

ahahhaaaha

EH

shattered
05-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Dear friends:

About 8 years ago I acquired this Canadian girlfriend. Well, she uh, like hooked me, EH. Her family was nice and all, her brother killed me the most. You better treat her right, eh. I could not help but think the threat lost its steam when he said, "eh." LOL. But, given the prison guard and former military man he is, I just said, "alright, eh." Thought he would come at me, but he just glared. Aaaahh, memories.......

Well, the day before today and the day before the day before yesterday, I drove the Mrs. down to smoggy LA and went with her for her USofA citizenship test/interview...................and..............she past!!!!!!

Took only five months from the app, so we thought this interview was a string of interviews, but the guy at the end (great guy btw) says, well, you need to fill this paperwork out and when you get this in the mail then..., he paused, I looked at him and was about to say something, given the drive to downtown LA from SLO, he looks at me, then looks are my better half and says:

All that is left is the swearing in! So I have taught her all the curse words I know!

ahahhaaaha

EH

Perhaps, in return, she can teach you the difference between "past" and "passed". In the mean time.. :clap: :clap:

:coffee:

Said1
05-08-2007, 08:56 PM
And did she teach you how to swear in Canadian, eh?

Shit la marde is my family's personal favorite. I have no idea what it means - shit the shit?

Yurt
05-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Perhaps, in return, she can teach you the difference between "past" and "passed". In the mean time.. :clap: :clap:

:coffee:

uh, eh, what the, hey, yooousz talking about, i said like "passed" eh, must been that kokanee tea I was sippen, sorrys about that, eh....

Just kidden..

*ducks from brother in law*

Yurt
05-08-2007, 09:50 PM
And did she teach you how to swear in Canadian, eh?

Shit la marde is my family's personal favorite. I have no idea what it means - shit the shit?

She actually does not curse. Her brother does, her best friends husband does. And I have not heard those words. Sounds pretty normal, like: F... eh, screw him eh....

Ok, might be exaggerating on the eh, eh, but hey, as her sister from Saskatoon likes to say, alot, its all good hey.

I love Canada. People are so friendly. I still am glad she has rights here, and there, if you know what I mean, canadians.

shattered
05-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Does she come with an endless supply of Cheezies? If so, you've got it made.

diuretic
05-09-2007, 02:35 AM
uh, eh, what the, hey, yooousz talking about, i said like "passed" eh, must been that kokanee tea I was sippen, sorrys about that, eh....

Just kidden..

*ducks from brother in law*

Mmmmmm....Kokanee........:coffee: i can get it here but it's bloody expensive. Nice though.

Congratulations to her. Oh well the US just gained another Canadian asset :D

Pale Rider
05-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Dear friends:

ahahhaaaha

EH

Oh ya... fuckin' A, aye, congrats! :coffee: :salute:

Yurt
05-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Does she come with an endless supply of Cheezies? If so, you've got it made.

No, smarties...:laugh2:

shattered
05-09-2007, 08:45 PM
No, smarties...:laugh2:

Crap. Obviously you've never had Cheezies. Send her back to get some. Trust me.

Said1
05-09-2007, 08:51 PM

Have you tried Cheeto's mini puffs? They look like corn pops, only they're cheezies. They've gone and out done themselves this time. I'm eating some right now.

Said1
05-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Not exactly the same, but close enough.

http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=3278

shattered
05-09-2007, 08:56 PM
I haven't had anything but the actual, original Cheezies.. I had a hookup, but then she damned well got married, and moved HERE. Hmph.

manu1959
05-09-2007, 09:00 PM
http://www.cheezies.com/index3.htm

order em.....

Said1
05-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I haven't had anything but the actual, original Cheezies.. I had a hookup, but then she damned well got married, and moved HERE. Hmph.

I like Cheetos much better. They're soft cheezies, yet crunchy. Blanched. :laugh2:

I don't really like the originals, unless they're in a party mix.

shattered
05-09-2007, 09:03 PM
http://www.cheezies.com/index3.htm

order em.....

Ever try them? They put our "Cheetos" to absolute shame.

Yurt
05-09-2007, 09:35 PM

I have and they are awesome, put cheetos to shame. For that matter, most american chip type products fall far below Canada's quality and taste. IMHO. And trust me, I was very gung ho Mr. American when she took me there. But those damn old dutch chips. Those damn all dressing chips... *dreams*

Her true love is chocolate. Tis true she won't touch a cheeto (yew) but I have found an organic type cheezie at the health food that is close, but, alas, no cigar, so she won't eat them often.

There is this cool store in morro bay that she can get coffee crisps and aeros though. Only one flavor aero. So it helps.

Btw, the skippy peanut butter is better there too. I know, I have a bad habit of eating peanut straight up. I had a skippies in CA, and whoa, it is different. Sure enough, the oil base is different. So I have pipeline through here brother, my "supplier..." Though I remember a few years ago they had these peanuts on top, like three I think, with a squirrel on the jar, bummed me out when that changed. But the taste seemed the same.

Yurt
05-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh ya... fuckin' A, aye, congrats! :coffee: :salute:

Thanks Pale. She says thanks too. Yarn...

shattered
05-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I have and they are awesome, put cheetos to shame. For that matter, most american chip type products fall far below Canada's quality and taste. IMHO. And trust me, I was very gung ho Mr. American when she took me there. But those damn old dutch chips. Those damn all dressing chips... *dreams*

Her true love is chocolate. Tis true she won't touch a cheeto (yew) but I have found an organic type cheezie at the health food that is close, but, alas, no cigar, so she won't eat them often.

There is this cool store in morro bay that she can get coffee crisps and aeros though. Only one flavor aero. So it helps.

Btw, the skippy peanut butter is better there too. I know, I have a bad habit of eating peanut straight up. I had a skippies in CA, and whoa, it is different. Sure enough, the oil base is different. So I have pipeline through here brother, my "supplier..." Though I remember a few years ago they had these peanuts on top, like three I think, with a squirrel on the jar, bummed me out when that changed. But the taste seemed the same.

Supposedly, their chocolate is supposed to be superior as well.. I haven't tested that yet, and I'm a die-hard chocoholic, so..

Yurt
05-09-2007, 09:39 PM

hahahahahhahaahaha, mine still lives in calgary and he is never moving. Her brother wears shorts almost all year. Go up there in the dead of winter, he wearing shorts (with a jacket of course) but still wearing shorts. I think its a pride thing.....

Me, man enough to wear pants in 15 degree weather....

Yurt
05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Supposedly, their chocolate is supposed to be superior as well.. I haven't tested that yet, and I'm a die-hard chocoholic, so..

Don't get me started on Canadian/british chocolate. I love the USofA, but the chocolate folks put way too much sugar in. You can have the same candy bar in CA, and the sugar content is less. And you know what, it tastes great, actually more chocolately (word?). Pure, rich, creamy, chocolate, not this sugar infested stuff. Hands down, canadian chocolate.

I have noticed though, organic stores, trader joes, etc... are starting to carry more cacoa chocolates. So maybe the companies here will follow suit....

shattered
05-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Don't get me started on Canadian/british chocolate. I love the USofA, but the chocolate folks put way too much sugar in. You can have the same candy bar in CA, and the sugar content is less. And you know what, it tastes great, actually more chocolately (word?). Pure, rich, creamy, chocolate, not this sugar infested stuff. Hands down, canadian chocolate.

I have noticed though, organic stores, trader joes, etc... are starting to carry more cacoa chocolates. So maybe the companies here will follow suit....

The darker the chocolate, the better the chocolate...

Said1
05-09-2007, 09:44 PM

I sent a pile of it to Johnny, he claims it's waaaaay better.

shattered
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I sent a pile of it to Johnny, he claims it's waaaaay better.

Funny thing is, he ain't been seen since.. Maybe it killed him?

Said1
05-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Funny thing is, he ain't been seen since.. Maybe it killed him?

It's possible, I sent a good sized box full. He was lucky, the store I bought it at just got a big load in that morning from the Hershy factor, nearby. It's also a lot cheaper, so he got more than he was expecting and most of it was really fresh.

shattered
05-09-2007, 09:50 PM
It's possible, I sent a good sized box full. He was lucky, the store I bought it at just got a big load in that morning from the Hershy factor, nearby. It's also a lot cheaper, so he got more than he was expecting and most of it was really fresh.

Greeat. You sent one of our guys into a cocoa-coma.. Tsktsk.

*greenish jealous hue*

Said1
05-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Greeat. You sent one of our guys into a cocoa-coma.. Tsktsk.

*greenish jealous hue*

It's possible, I've been close to it myself. Good thing I know my limits. Unless it's pms week, t hen fuck it. I'm eating all of it and a bag of chips.

Yurt
05-09-2007, 10:41 PM
It's possible, I've been close to it myself. Good thing I know my limits. Unless it's pms week, t hen fuck it. I'm eating all of it and a bag of chips.

*runs* *fast* *away, far*

diuretic
05-10-2007, 04:27 AM
Stay vewy, vewy qwiet.....

gabosaurus
05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I hope you didn't steal her during hockey season. I hear that is against the law in Canada.
I've actually been to Canada! We were in Windsor for almost three hours. :cool:

diuretic
05-10-2007, 09:19 PM
I hope you didn't steal her during hockey season. I hear that is against the law in Canada.
I've actually been to Canada! We were in Windsor for almost three hours. :cool:

You should have kept going - Hamilton has a great aviation museum and Toronto isn't that far from Windsor :D

gabosaurus
05-10-2007, 11:11 PM
We didn't want to spend too much time in Canada. We were afraid they might make us stay. :laugh2:

diuretic
05-11-2007, 03:16 AM
We didn't want to spend too much time in Canada. We were afraid they might make us stay. :laugh2:

Well I suppose it is quite a different culture from the US. I love the little red maple leaf at the conjunction of the golden arches in all their McDonalds, very Canadian :D

Said1
05-11-2007, 01:12 PM

That's strange, given that eveything you so ardently support and believe in is acceptable in Canada. Guess you really are a poossseeuuurrrr.:fu:

gabosaurus
05-11-2007, 02:07 PM
No. It is just that I dislike cold and snow. I am not a hockey fan. And I have just a passing interest in Rush (the band, not the blowhard).