PDA

View Full Version : Lefist Crap Now In Comic Books As Superman Renounces US Citizenship

red states rule
04-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Is there nothing the kook left will not infest to spread their garbage?

http://www.newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/thumbnail_photos/2011/April/supermancitizenship_body.jpg

After recently undertaking a journey to walk -- not fly -- across the United States in the "Grounded" storyline and reconnect with the country and everyday Americans, Superman appears to be taking another step that could have major implications for his national identity: in Action Comics #900...

...Superman announces that he is going to give up his U.S. citizenship. Despite very literally being an alien immigrant, Superman has long been seen as a patriotic symbol of "truth, justice, and the American way," from his embrace of traditional American ideals to the iconic red and blue of his costume. What it means to stand for the "American way" is an increasingly complicated thing, however, both in the real world and in superhero comics, whose storylines have increasingly seemed to mirror current events and deal with moral and political complexities rather than simple black and white morality.

The key scene takes place in "The Incident," a short story in Action Comics #900 written by David S. Goyer with art by Miguel Sepulveda. In it, Superman consults with the President's national security advisor, who is incensed that Superman appeared in Tehran to non-violently support the protesters demonstrating against the Iranian regime, no doubt an analogue for the recent real-life protests in the Middle East. However, since Superman is viewed as an American icon in the DC Universe as well as our own, the Iranian government has construed his actions as the will of the American President, and indeed, an act of war.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/04/27/superman-renounces-us-citizenship/#ixzz1KrCraS3Z

gabosaurus
04-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Superman has been leftist for quite some time. Did you miss the story line where Superman turned out to be gay? Not to mention that he is a true hugger. I bet the Man of Steel voted for Obama!

DragonStryk72
04-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Great, another shitty Superman plotline that won't really go anywhere. Sorry, but the last really awesome plot for Supes in the comics was when he tried to take over the world. Not kidding, and no, no red kryptonite, or aliens mind rays, nothing, he just one day had the idea that he could run everything on Earth better, and set about doing it.

KarlMarx
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Another example of hope and change

I think I'm going back to the old country, you know the one, the country where you were supposed to be proud to be an American, where cars were big, and the dirtiest word they said on TV was "dirt", where every boy wanted to grow up to be Superman (or the mighty Thor, in my case) and every girl wanted to be a ballerina or something girly like that. The one where kids were expected to say "please" and "thank you" and they actually learned something in school.... Being an American was something to be envied, we put a man on the moon, we invented so many things, we were the richest country in the world.....

I would go back to that country, if only I could....

KarlMarx
04-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Superman has been leftist for quite some time. Did you miss the story line where Superman turned out to be gay? Not to mention that he is a true hugger. I bet the Man of Steel voted for Obama!
Yes, the Man of Steel voted for the Boy Blunder, I can just see that

fj1200
04-28-2011, 09:37 PM
This guy votes?

http://www.simpsonstrivia.com.ar/simpsons-photos/wallpapers/comic-book-guy.gif

Who knew?

revelarts
04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
old comic book fan here.

Most comic books are leftist, they probably haven't been conservative since the earlier 60's really.

Mostly they're moderately progressive but always leaning that way.
But since the late 80's they've been moving pretty hard left. Reagan was the butt of a lot of jokes back then in comics.

I can count on one hand the number of good conservative superheros the most prominent of them would probably be Captain America. But even he's chucked the flag a few times in his career.
Batman is considered a fascist.
Green Arrow is a Hard core leftist.
Spiderman is a lefty.
Wonder Woman is a Monarch so she doesn't count, but she's, though not a lesbian, is a lesbian Icon now.
The Revamped Ultimate's Thor is an ECO-god.
The X-men were created with a bit of a metaphorical oppressed Minority tack in the 60's, which was legit. But now it's metaphor is sometimes twisted to apply to "oppressed" -alternative lifestyle- people.

And Good and evil are blurred pretty radically in general.
Most comics aren't really for kids anymore frankly. Not really a medium for conservative or christian kids to find many moral or political models thats for sure.

red states rule
04-29-2011, 03:10 AM

You forget to mention next up Wonder Women is a lesbo

It is sad when comic book writers have to go political,

red states rule
04-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Yes, the Man of Steel voted for the Boy Blunder, I can just see that

For you Karl. This is how Dems and the liberal media saw Obama during the campaign

I wonder how they see him now

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kVFdAJRVm94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

red states rule
04-29-2011, 03:46 AM
old comic book fan here.

Most comic books are leftist, they probably haven't been conservative since the earlier 60's really.

But since the late 80's they've been moving pretty hard left. Reagan was the butt of a lot of jokes back then in comics.

I can count on one hand the number of good conservative superheros the most prominent of them would probably be Captain America. But even he's chucked the flag a few times in his career.
Spiderman is a lefty.
Wonder Woman is a Monarch so she doesn't count, but she's, though not a lesbian, is a lesbian Icon now.
The X-men were created with a bit of a metaphorical oppressed Minority tack in the 60's, which was legit. But now it's metaphor is sometimes twisted to apply to "oppressed" -alternative lifestyle- people.

Most comics aren't really for kids anymore frankly. Not really a medium for conservative or christian kids to find many moral or political models thats for sure.

Reminds me of the Dixie Chicks

Next up the lib writers will make Captain America a heroin addict

DragonStryk72
04-29-2011, 07:22 AM
old comic book fan here.

Spiderman is a lefty.

Yeah, but they also had Captain America stand against the entire american government on sheer principle in Marvel Civil War most recently, and made him the good guy of the Civil War.

Monkeybone
04-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Nothing is saying that it is a leftist thing... yet. Maybe it is true. Or maybe it is an overall statement. Haven't some of you said that this isn't the America you remember?

Yeah, but they also had Captain America stand against the entire american government on sheer principle in Marvel Civil War most recently, and made him the good guy of the Civil War. didn't they kill him?

revelarts
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah, but they also had Captain America stand against the entire american government on sheer principle in Marvel Civil War most recently, and made him the good guy of the Civil War.

Absolutely, Like I said He's the best I know of. Capt America is the Man.
On a comic book forum i had all kinds of debates on Caps principled postion but a lot of folk , like some here, made every excuse for the gov't to arrest innocent heroes for failure to Submit to, basically, slavery to the state. I was a lil surprised that mostly left leaning fans were so ready to support a police state.

...didn't they kill him?
And Yes, yes they did.

Replaced him with someone much less principled.

He's back Now, Haven't followed it though

fj1200
04-29-2011, 10:49 AM
On a comic book forum...

It's all coming together now...

revelarts
04-29-2011, 10:57 AM
It's all coming together now...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you ever see the film Brazil FJ?

fj1200
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you ever see the film Brazil FJ?

No are you Sam? :poke:

Interesting plotline, seems it could go for a refresh. Keifer Sutherland as Tuttle, imagine Jack Bauer going rogue against an oppressive state. :salute:

revelarts
04-29-2011, 12:34 PM
No are you Sam? :poke:

Some days it feels like it. I'm not only one

Interesting plotline, seems it could go for a refresh. Keifer Sutherland as Tuttle, imagine Jack Bauer going rogue against an oppressive state. :salute:

That could be interesting, play against his State Torturer role.

I think Matt Damon or Russel Crow maybe Bruce Willis would be better though.

the Character Palin Played replaced by like Robert Downey Jr.

fj1200
04-29-2011, 01:06 PM
^Damon's too young, Willis too old, Crowe is too Crowey.

I'm having trouble visualizing Palin in the role. Downey is too flashy.

DragonStryk72
04-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Nothing is saying that it is a leftist thing... yet. Maybe it is true. Or maybe it is an overall statement. Haven't some of you said that this isn't the America you remember?

didn't they kill him?

Eh, he got better. What I loved is that he was more than willing to walk into the Supreme Court, and put his case there. He was actually taking a stand in the war against what was named the Superhuman Registration Act, that requires every superhero to register with the federal government, and take training through them to be allowed to use their powers in any way, whether they wanted to be heroes or not. Cap comes out against it, stating that it isn't the feds right to have that information, and that's pretty much where the fun starts to kick off. Iron Man, meanwhile, goes pro-registration, arguing from a basically populist point that it's what the people want, to be able to feel safe.

One example of the drafting is a girl called cloud 9, who has the ability to create a cloud she can fly about on. She's forced into what is called the fifty states initiative, and is pretty much forcibly drafted into military training. She actually didn't want to be military at all, just wanted to sort of cruise about on her flying cloud (And come on, if you had that power, wouldn't you?). They even push her through sniper's training, despite her vast reservations about killing.

And really, throughout the whole series, Marvel keeps trying to make it a "shades of grey" deal, where Iron Man and Cap are both still good guys, but every time they tried it, it just ended up making Iron Man look like more of an ass, and Cap more the clear hero of the series. By the end, I think they pretty much had to kill him in order to give any real sense that he'd in fact lost the fight. Finally Marvel gave up the ghost, and ran a whole plotline where Iron Man's various horrible choices caught up with him.

Comics generally present the issues of the time, such as back in the USSR days, when the comics were extremely pro-America, anti-Russia. Of the two, Marvel tends to try to put forward a balance, that neither side is necessarily totally correct, but then, several of their characters are pretty much conservative icons (The Punisher, Wolverine, Captain America, etc.).

red states rule
04-29-2011, 04:27 PM
The left is constantly moving ahead with their obessionto diminish the exceptionalism of America.

gabosaurus
04-29-2011, 05:09 PM
The leftist comic book industry has seen better times.

http://i54.tinypic.com/rtibme.gif

red states rule
04-29-2011, 05:14 PM
The leftist comic book industry has seen better times.

http://i54.tinypic.com/rtibme.gif

What does Bush have to do with liberal writers trying to smear America Gabby?

Trigg
04-29-2011, 05:27 PM
What does Bush have to do with liberal writers trying to smear America Gabby?

She hasn't figured out that Bush isn't president anymore.

red states rule
04-29-2011, 05:29 PM
She hasn't figured out that Bush isn't president anymore.

She wishes he was so she could bitch about how rotten the economy is and the three wars our military are fighting