PDA

View Full Version : New Appointments, Release of BC. Now Osama Killed

Kathianne
05-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Earlier this week with the release of 'the' birth certificate I wondered about timing. Just seemed off. It pushed the story of Petraeus and Panetta off track and was too soon to really have an effect on election. Now comes the bin Laden story, which has obviously from the following USA story been underway for a long time, but was obviously coming to fruition now. One can assume well before this week, with the Patraeus announcement that he could be spared in Afghanistan. I still don't see where the connections are regarding the timing, but too many coincidences:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-05-02-how-they-caught-bin-laden_n.htm?csp=24

How the U.S. tracked
down bin Laden

...It was a $1 million complex, in an affluent neighborhood of mostly military retirees 35 miles north of Islamabad in Pakistan.

The man they'd been looking for — one of bin Laden's trusted couriers — had been known to them for many years but only by a nom-de-guerre provided by a detainee being held by the United States. Four years ago, they figured out his real name; two years ago, they got a handle on where he lived.

And it was that compound, built in 2005, that they soon came to believe was built to house bin Laden. In a tale that is fit for a spy novel, four senior administration officials outlined late Sunday how the military raid that killed the world's most notorious terrorist came together....

DragonStryk72
05-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Earlier this week with the release of 'the' birth certificate I wondered about timing. Just seemed off. It pushed the story of Petraeus and Panetta off track and was too soon to really have an effect on election. Now comes the bin Laden story, which has obviously from the following USA story been underway for a long time, but was obviously coming to fruition now. One can assume well before this week, with the Patraeus announcement that he could be spared in Afghanistan. I still don't see where the connections are regarding the timing, but too many coincidences:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-05-02-how-they-caught-bin-laden_n.htm?csp=24

Well, in this instance, it's not really a coincidence when you come right down to it. It was a coordinated strike requiring a lot of planning. If he were really going to use this for the election next year, he would've done it once the campaign kicked off, to keep it fresh in everyone's minds for election.

His BC he's been hounded four for almost four years, and with another election cycle coming up, he needed to nip it in the bud, if for no other reason than to get everyone to focus on more important things.

logroller
05-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Well, in this instance, it's not really a coincidence when you come right down to it. It was a coordinated strike requiring a lot of planning. If he were really going to use this for the election next year, he would've done it once the campaign kicked off, to keep it fresh in everyone's minds for election.

His BC he's been hounded four for almost four years, and with another election cycle coming up, he needed to nip it in the bud, if for no other reason than to get everyone to focus on more important things.

The less than coincidence to the BC release was the White House Corresponance dinner where he roasted Trump. The Osama thing was an opportunity a long-time coming, and waiting, as I know we've had similar opportunities dating back to atleast '98 which didn't result in a success-- thankfully this one did and WE, our ENTIRE country, should credit OUR persistance and determination, not just the president's. The fact Obama gets a feather in his cap Yankeedoodle-style is just testiment to the spoils of war-- Finders-keepers!:laugh:

Kathianne
05-02-2011, 03:04 PM
The less than coincidence to the BC release was the White House Corresponance dinner where he roasted Trump. The Osama thing was an opportunity a long-time coming, and waiting, as I know we've had similar opportunities dating back to atleast '98 which didn't result in a success-- thankfully this one did and WE, our ENTIRE country, should credit OUR persistance and determination, not just the president's. The fact Obama gets a feather in his cap Yankeedoodle-style is just testiment to the spoils of war-- Finders-keepers!:laugh:

Not what I meant. Of course he gets credit, he's CIC. Bottom line from the USA report was that they had this info for a long time, nothing new here and he wasn't going anywhere.

The idea that somehow this week because of Trump he had to put out the BC is totally bogus. Again, could have been done years ago, could have continued to ignore the birthers, as he had once he won the election. He could have released in fall of election, taking that issue totally away.

Why drown out the news of Patreaus and Panetta with birther stuff? Of course yesterday's find and kill explains why Patreaus was available. Something is up here, we're just not seeing the big picture yet.

logroller
05-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Not what I meant. Of course he gets credit, he's CIC. Bottom line from the USA report was that they had this info for a long time, nothing new here and he wasn't going anywhere.

The idea that somehow this week because of Trump he had to put out the BC is totally bogus. Again, could have been done years ago, could have continued to ignore the birthers, as he had once he won the election. He could have released in fall of election, taking that issue totally away.

Why drown out the news of Patreaus and Panetta with birther stuff? Of course yesterday's find and kill explains why Patreaus was available. Something is up here, we're just not seeing the big picture yet.

Ooh, my bad. I think I'm pickin up what you're puttin down. I've long believed Obama is a good man, but he's a politician and politics don't extrude virtue very often and I haven't been impressed by his performance thus far. Its likely the realities of privied information, once made known to him as president-elect, conflicted with many of the virtuous campaign promises he'd made. (closing GITMO, no bank bailouts etc) Tough to say with any certainty; Rather he played off birther BS to mask otherwise vital activities I don't know; its impressive if he did, but it would be pure conjecture to assume such. I'm inclined to grant him favor on foreign policy, as he is the Constitutional representative in such affairs; but his domestic policies still leave much to be desired and any skillful actions in the war on terror are overshadowed IMHO.