PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden's "burial"

jimnyc
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Can someone explain to me why Obama made the decision to bury this piece of shit according to "Islamic Tradition"? Is our country now somehow under Islamic Law? What other prisoners get this same treatment? If a murderer is found guilty by a court of law in the US, and sentenced to death, and this person is a Muslim - do we follow the same traditions? Why is perhaps America's worst enemy ever given ANY kind of "treatment"?

Something is fishy in the manner this was handled. I don't even give a fuck if some state we don't want to offend other Muslims of the world. What, those who may support this sick fuck? Then fuck them too if that be the case.

This man deserved NOTHING, other than the 2 bullets he got in the side of his head. From there he should have been kept until they were 6,000% sure it was him, even if it took months. Then they should have publicly burned him and buried him at the Staten Island dump with the rest of the trash.

DragonStryk72
05-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Can someone explain to me why Obama made the decision to bury this piece of shit according to "Islamic Tradition"? Is our country now somehow under Islamic Law? What other prisoners get this same treatment? If a murderer is found guilty by a court of law in the US, and sentenced to death, and this person is a Muslim - do we follow the same traditions? Why is perhaps America's worst enemy ever given ANY kind of "treatment"?

Something is fishy in the manner this was handled. I don't even give a fuck if some state we don't want to offend other Muslims of the world. What, those who may support this sick fuck? Then fuck them too if that be the case.

This man deserved NOTHING, other than the 2 bullets he got in the side of his head. From there he should have been kept until they were 6,000% sure it was him, even if it took months. Then they should have publicly burned him and buried him at the Staten Island dump with the rest of the trash.

To quote the movie Troy: "You are my enemy now, but we can still respect each other."

Why do we have to become them to fight them? Doesn't really mater what he deserved, we're better people than he is. So yeah, by all means, give him a proper burial. I am against abandoning all morals and ethics for someone that small, petty, and murderous. I don't know why you are, Jim.

jimnyc
05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
To quote the movie Troy: "You are my enemy now, but we can still respect each other."

Why do we have to become them to fight them? Doesn't really mater what he deserved, we're better people than he is. So yeah, by all means, give him a proper burial. I am against abandoning all morals and ethics for someone that small, petty, and murderous. I don't know why you are, Jim.

For the same reason some say we shouldn't have abandoned our morals and tortured high value prisoners in Gitmo. Without such actions OBL would likely still be breathing right now. This man deserved NO respect.

And you don't know why I would be in support of DISrespecting him? Did you forget how many police officers, firemen & innocent civilians died on 9/11?

This wasn't an enemy on the battlefield who was an equal, doing the same as you, who you could "respect" as a fellow warrior. This was a piece of shit muslim terrorist.

Maybe burning him or wrapping him in bacon like I'd like to do, would be going too far, but giving him a "respectful burial" is laughable.

gabosaurus
05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
We gave bin Laden a "respectable burial" for the same reason we maintain friendly relations with abysmal countries like Saudi Arabia and China. It's damage control.
One of the worst mistakes this country has ever made was parading Saddam around and mocking his death. It angered militant terrorists and came close to doubling their ranks.
Many Arab militants understand why the U.S. went after bin Laden. If you read the Arab media, many only requested that the body be given a proper burial.
Do so greatly lessens the danger to our troops and citizens in the Middle East.

jimnyc
05-02-2011, 04:53 PM
We gave bin Laden a "respectable burial" for the same reason we maintain friendly relations with abysmal countries like Saudi Arabia and China. It's damage control.
One of the worst mistakes this country has ever made was parading Saddam around and mocking his death. It angered militant terrorists and came close to doubling their ranks.
Many Arab militants understand why the U.S. went after bin Laden. If you read the Arab media, many only requested that the body be given a proper burial.

It was Saddam's sons who had their photographs shown to prove they were dead. We did no such thing other than capture Saddam - then he was handed over to Iraq, who tried him in court, and subsequently hung him.

DragonStryk72
05-02-2011, 07:25 PM
For the same reason some say we shouldn't have abandoned our morals and tortured high value prisoners in Gitmo. Without such actions OBL would likely still be breathing right now. This man deserved NO respect.

And you don't know why I would be in support of DISrespecting him? Did you forget how many police officers, firemen & innocent civilians died on 9/11?

This wasn't an enemy on the battlefield who was an equal, doing the same as you, who you could "respect" as a fellow warrior. This was a piece of shit muslim terrorist.

Maybe burning him or wrapping him in bacon like I'd like to do, would be going too far, but giving him a "respectful burial" is laughable.

Did you forget my earlier mention that my sister worked in Tower 1? Or my brother-in-law in Tower 2? How about my brother passing through the PATH station there to get to school?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/osama-bin-laden-killed-pakistan-reacts-cautiously-us/story?id=13507918&page=2

Don't worry, though. I grabbed the snippet I need:

"Osama bin Laden was a character who waged war against Pakistan," Musharraf said. "I would say [his death] is a welcome act for people of Pakistan and peace-loving people of the U.S. and the peace-loving people of the world."

So, there goes the torture works motif. Apparently, Bin Laden made one move too many enemies, and our guys capitalized on it. Big win for us, but we still don't need to revel in it, or desecrate his body. What possible harm could it do to him? I do believe in Heaven, and I do believe in Hell, and trust me, he ain't goin to the happy shiny place. Doing something to his corpse isn't going to effect him at all, it just shows a lack of class on our part.

I don't argue that he deserves no respect. My argument is entirely to the point that we should show respect for the simple that we are the better people, we are the good guys.

jimnyc
05-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Did you forget my earlier mention that my sister worked in Tower 1? Or my brother-in-law in Tower 2? How about my brother passing through the PATH station there to get to school?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/osama-bin-laden-killed-pakistan-reacts-cautiously-us/story?id=13507918&page=2

Don't worry, though. I grabbed the snippet I need:

So, there goes the torture works motif. Apparently, Bin Laden made one move too many enemies, and our guys capitalized on it. Big win for us, but we still don't need to revel in it, or desecrate his body. What possible harm could it do to him? I do believe in Heaven, and I do believe in Hell, and trust me, he ain't goin to the happy shiny place. Doing something to his corpse isn't going to effect him at all, it just shows a lack of class on our part.

I don't argue that he deserves no respect. My argument is entirely to the point that we should show respect for the simple that we are the better people, we are the good guys.

It's a FACT released today that the whole ball got rolling from "enhanced interrogation techniques" and that is how they got the name of the courier OBL used, and it's been stated they got this from Sheik Muhammed no less, one we knew before that was already waterboarded. So yes, the torture did work. And there is also very strong suspicion that OBL had help from within Pakistan, so I wouldn't give too much weight to his waging war against them. Not to mention the rallies going on there to pay homage to him.

And while it it me personally that would love to do something degrading to the "man", that's just me, I'm a dirtbag like that. But more to my point is that we don't need to go out of our way to RESPECT the man. Do they "bury" muslims sentenced to death in our prisons before the next prayer, and wrap them in white shrouds? No, they don't. But the man who is responsible for the death of 3,000 Americans gets better treatment?

You have my deepest condolences for your losses in the towers. TOO many people lost relatives or friends down there. I truly can't imagine the pain I'd feel or the words I would be speaking now if I lost a relative on 9/11. My wife was on her way there that day and lost a few colleagues at a meeting she was going to later. But losing a close relative, I really can't imagine. So I respect your position, I really do, but I just can't seem to "be the bigger" person when it comes to terrorists, especially one of this scale.

sundaydriver
05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
It's a FACT released today that the whole ball got rolling from "enhanced interrogation techniques" and that is how they got the name of the courier OBL used, and it's been stated they got this from Sheik Muhammed no less, one we knew before that was already waterboarded. So yes, the torture did work.

It is true that the nicname not the real name of the courior came from rendition in East Europe, mentioned in Gitmo, also given by Sheik Muhammed using normal interrogation techniques.

And there is also very strong suspicion that OBL had help from within
Pakistan,

A lot of help by part of their Intelligence Service.

so I wouldn't give too much weight to his waging war against them. Not to mention the rallies going on there to pay homage to him.

And while it it me personally that would love to do something degrading to the "man", that's just me, I'm a dirtbag like that. But more to my point is that we don't need to go out of our way to RESPECT the man. Do they "bury" muslims sentenced to death in our prisons before the next prayer, and wrap them in white shrouds? No, they don't. But the man who is responsible for the death of 3,000 Americans gets better treatment

As Collin Powell said; We're Americans, that's what we do... Me, a wood chipper would have been fine!

You have my deepest condolences for your losses in the towers. TOO many people lost relatives or friends down there. I truly can't imagine the pain I'd feel or the words I would be speaking now if I lost a relative on 9/11. My wife was on her way there that day and lost a few colleagues at a meeting she was going to later. But losing a close relative, I really can't imagine. So I respect your position, I really do, but I just can't seem to "be the bigger" person when it comes to terrorists, especially one of this scale. :thumb:

red states rule
05-03-2011, 03:41 AM

Jim I had this discussion with co-workers yesterday. The reason for the bural at sea is simple

I believe it was NOT out of respect for the pig. It was done for the same reason the bodies of most Nazi war criminal were cremated after they were hanged

The US did not want the grave site of OBL to become a shrine to his followers and the bleeding heart libs who still blame America and Pres Bush for the war on terror and 9/11

Personally, I hope Jaws or a school of piranha fish were nearby when he was dropped in the drink

jimnyc
05-03-2011, 06:10 AM

I'm glad I really didn't need to offer condolences (and you offered no correction). I felt bad about what I said and read through past threads. I see your sister did work in the city but wasn't even there that day. I'm damn glad she wasn't and she can thank her lucky stars. Your story is very similar to many, many, many people I know and all feel a sense of loss and hurt from that day. I guess some don't feel respecting a man that caused all of it is such a bad thing, where as some of us feel he deserved much less than what he received, and then some.

PostmodernProphet
05-03-2011, 07:33 AM
it's my assumption that once they removed the body and got the DNA samples they wanted the question arose "wft should we do with this asshole"......and the "Muslim ceremony" approach afforded the bare minimum deniability required.......

gabosaurus
05-03-2011, 12:18 PM
By the time of his death, bin Laden had been reduced to a very minimal role in the Arab world. Most terrorist groups didn't even bother to acknowledge his death. By attempting to dispose of bin Laden's body with some degree of decorum, the U.S. government was attempting a bit of damage control. And, if you read the Arab media, it worked.

I know many Americans wanted bin Laden's body flown to New York City and publicly roasted at Ground Zero. Now that would have gone over well. Every American abroad would have been at risk.

Let's suppose that, while you were cheering bin Laden's body being turned into a club sandwich, one of your relatives in a combat zone was dying in a suicide bomb attack. Would that be a fair trade off?

Sometimes vindictiveness has to be exchanged for common sense. (not applicable to those of you without any common sense)

DragonStryk72
05-03-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm glad I really didn't need to offer condolences (and you offered no correction). I felt bad about what I said and read through past threads. I see your sister did work in the city but wasn't even there that day. I'm damn glad she wasn't and she can thank her lucky stars. Your story is very similar to many, many, many people I know and all feel a sense of loss and hurt from that day. I guess some don't feel respecting a man that caused all of it is such a bad thing, where as some of us feel he deserved much less than what he received, and then some.

Yeah, my first shot of the towers on 9/11 was watching both of them drop in the news clip. Then there was the ultra fun of not being able to call anyone to see if they were alive. I got damned lucky.

red states rule
05-03-2011, 04:19 PM

and I guess people were wrong to cheer the death of Hitler - right Gabby?

Explain to me why libs like you openly hope for the death of your political opponents. You want your own citizens locked up over disagreements over policy. Yet you want tolerance shown for the mastermind that slaughtered nearly 3,000 people who went to work on 9/11 or decided to take a trip on an airplane

So if we did not take out Saddam and OBL the terrorists would have stopped hating us and wanting kill as many Americans as possible? Is that what you think Gabby?

Noir
05-04-2011, 11:04 AM
While I dont think he deserved any respect, at all. The burial was clearly done as a PR move, to try and limit the inevitable backlash.

red states rule
05-04-2011, 04:57 PM
While I dont think he deserved any respect, at all. The burial was clearly done as a PR move, to try and limit the inevitable backlash.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/wright0502color20110503024256.jpg

Abbey Marie
05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm OK with the burial at sea.
But I do hope that someone secretly stuffed a pork chop into his mouth before they gave him the ol' heave-ho.

Kathianne
05-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm OK with the burial at sea.
But I do hope that someone secretly stuffed a pork chop into his mouth before they gave him the ol' heave-ho.

I don't know this for a 'fact' but I'm willing to bet that some spit on his corpse before the final heave ho!

red states rule
05-05-2011, 02:49 AM
I don't know this for a 'fact' but I'm willing to bet that some spit on his corpse before the final heave ho!

Or at least a few on the burial detail had a couple of beers and took a piss after dropping the body in the water