PDA

View Full Version : What's this tripe about "The dangers of releasing THE PHOTO"???

Little-Acorn
05-04-2011, 11:37 AM
There's a lot of talk about releasing the photo of bin Laden's corpse, with bullet hole above the left eye and whatever else. Releasing it might "inflame" the Arab street, or otherwise make a bunch of people mad at us, is the stated problem.

So what?

There may be something you all have forgotten: These militant Islamists are AT WAR AGAINST US. They have said so, and their actions (shooting people, crashing planes into our buildings etc.) certainly bear it out.

How much more mad at us, can they get? More importantly, what would be the result?

I say, we should make them as mad at us, as possible. They chose to make war against us. The idea that, if we treat them nicely, they won't hurt us, is laughable. They'll simply hurt us later, is all that will happen... if they even bother delaying things.

Since they have chosen to kill us and keep killing us, we should now make them as angry as possible. Get them to devote large resources to coming after us, trying to kill us. This will use up their resources and bring them out into the open and identify clearly who they are... and make them accessible targets of the most deadly military on the planet: the United States military. Have you forgotten that the purpose of our military, is to kill and destroy our enemies?

Yes, they will probably succeed in killing some of us before they die. I don't know any way to avoid that... and neither do you. When a bunch of fanatics decide on mass murder, it is inevitable that some of them will get through. Being nice to them, and/or talking to them, won't deter them. Only killing them will. The other good news is, it might make the next bunch of fanatics think twice about trying it themselves. Obviously such people aren't afraid of dying. What they ARE afraid of, is failing to kill the "enemy". If we can show them they will mostly fail, that's the only hope of deterring them.

But to that end, we need to force the issue, on terms favorable to us. Quit this silly puttering around and handwringing, design attacks that have a pretty good chance (they are never certain) of wiping them out, and then go do it.

If it makes them angry, fine - then we will do better at finding who and where they are. And that's all our military needs.

Release the damned photo. And then start (actually continue) checking to see who starts moving against us. Works for me.

Missileman
05-04-2011, 05:23 PM
There's a lot of talk about releasing the photo of bin Laden's corpse, with bullet hole above the left eye and whatever else. Releasing it might "inflame" the Arab street, or otherwise make a bunch of people mad at us, is the stated problem.

So what?

There may be something you all have forgotten: These militant Islamists are AT WAR AGAINST US. They have said so, and their actions (shooting people, crashing planes into our buildings etc.) certainly bear it out.

How much more mad at us, can they get? More importantly, what would be the result?

I say, we should make them as mad at us, as possible. They chose to make war against us. The idea that, if we treat them nicely, they won't hurt us, is laughable. They'll simply hurt us later, is all that will happen... if they even bother delaying things.

Since they have chosen to kill us and keep killing us, we should now make them as angry as possible. Get them to devote large resources to coming after us, trying to kill us. This will use up their resources and bring them out into the open and identify clearly who they are... and make them accessible targets of the most deadly military on the planet: the United States military. Have you forgotten that the purpose of our military, is to kill and destroy our enemies?

Yes, they will probably succeed in killing some of us before they die. I don't know any way to avoid that... and neither do you. When a bunch of fanatics decide on mass murder, it is inevitable that some of them will get through. Being nice to them, and/or talking to them, won't deter them. Only killing them will. The other good news is, it might make the next bunch of fanatics think twice about trying it themselves. Obviously such people aren't afraid of dying. What they ARE afraid of, is failing to kill the "enemy". If we can show them they will mostly fail, that's the only hope of deterring them.

But to that end, we need to force the issue, on terms favorable to us. Quit this silly puttering around and handwringing, design attacks that have a pretty good chance (they are never certain) of wiping them out, and then go do it.

If it makes them angry, fine - then we will do better at finding who and where they are. And that's all our military needs.

Release the damned photo. And then start (actually continue) checking to see who starts moving against us. Works for me.

We should have let Osama's body hang in the smoggy NYC air a few days nailed to the side of a building(perhaps the proposed mosque) and then thrown it to a couple dozen starving hogs for disposal. Let the would-be terrorists contemplate eternity as little piles of pig shit.

jimnyc
05-04-2011, 05:29 PM
We should have let Osama's body hang in the smoggy NYC air a few days nailed to the side of a building(perhaps the proposed mosque) and then thrown it to a couple dozen starving hogs for disposal. Let the would-be terrorists contemplate eternity as little piles of pig shit.

I believe you may have just offended a few board liberals and terrorist sympathizers we have here.

And with that I'd like to buy you a beer for doing so, and offering such a creative way of disposing of the worlds garbage. :beer:

red states rule
05-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Funny how Dems could not wait to release pics of the "abused" inmates at Abu Ghraib. Dems did not care if that pissed off anyone

Oh, Bush was President back then. that must be the difference

jimnyc
05-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Funny how Dems could not wait to release pics of the "abused" inmates at Abu Ghraib. Dems did not care if that pissed off anyone

Oh, Bush was President back then. that must be the difference

Or when complete dipshits thought it was a great idea to release photos of the military coffins

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?21474-Ban-of-war-coffin-photos-may-be-lifted&p=349835#post349835

red states rule
05-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Or when complete dipshits thought it was a great idea to release photos of the military coffins

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?21474-Ban-of-war-coffin-photos-may-be-lifted&p=349835#post349835

Jim I have posted ths before and I wil once again since it 100% true

If not for double standards, libs would have no standards at all

jimnyc
05-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Jim I have posted ths before and I wil once again since it 100% true

If not for double standards, libs would have no standards at all

Does it surprise you at all to see who the fucking retard was that was all for releasing the photos?

red states rule
05-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Does it surprise you at all to see who the fucking retard was that was all for releasing the photos?

Not at all.

Kathianne
05-04-2011, 06:29 PM
The decision to not release the photos was made this morning. Since then many have called for raising the terror alert. Why? Radical Islamicists cannot control their tempers/outrage? Photos or not, US citizens are in danger. I can live with that, I have to. With that said, should we give up our legacy of information to the people? No! We should have these photos just as we had those of JFK, MLK, etc.

BTW, right here and now for the few that didn't know, I've never been a birther, nor hold accolades for them, in fact ridiculed to quite a degree. Enough that some that I thought 'friends' have been pretty critical. I try to be consistent. After an election the only issues that count in such issues are those that can overturn the results. Wasn't going to happen.

In this case, there's little remedy, other than outrage of subjugation to radical Islam as the administration reads it.

red states rule
05-05-2011, 02:54 AM
The decision to not release the photos was made this morning. Since then many have called for raising the terror alert. Why? Radical Islamicists cannot control their tempers/outrage? Photos or not, US citizens are in danger. I can live with that, I have to. With that said, should we give up our legacy of information to the people? No! We should have these photos just as we had those of JFK, MLK, etc.

BTW, right here and now for the few that didn't know, I've never been a birther, nor hold accolades for them, in fact ridiculed to quite a degree. Enough that some that I thought 'friends' have been pretty critical. I try to be consistent. After an election the only issues that count in such issues are those that can overturn the results. Wasn't going to happen.

In this case, there's little remedy, other than outrage of subjugation to radical Islam as the administration reads it.

Obama is in campaign mode Kat.

Today he goes to Ground Zero for a photo op to play up to the hawks

He will not release the photos to play up to the doves

He is doing a balancing act right now in a desperate attempt to bring up his sagging poll numbers

However as time passes Obmae will soon realize th folksy can't take the death of OBL and fill up their cars with gas, or use it to buy food at the store - and he will be back at square one

red states rule
05-05-2011, 04:08 AM
Bottom line is if the liberal media had puctures that would make the US look bad; or turn public opinion to support the opinion of the liberal media; thoise pictures would be published over and over again