PDA

View Full Version : Jobless Claims Hit 8 Month High

red states rule
05-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Seems Pres Obama is keeping another promise he made to get elected

He is transforming America, but not for the better

http://www.newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/cartoon_500/cartoons/bobgorrell.gif

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The number of people applying for unemployment benefits surged last week to the highest level in eight months, a troubling sign a day ahead of the government's report on April employment.

The Labor Department said Thursday that applications rose 43,000 to 474,000 in the week ended April 30, the third increase in four weeks. The four-week average, a less volatile measure, rose for the fourth straight week to 431,250.

Applications near 375,000 are typically consistent with sustainable job growth. Weekly applications peaked during the recession at 659,000.

Rising unemployment applications and other weak economic data this week have prompted some analysts to worry that higher fuel prices may be causing employers to slow their pace of hiring.

The government is scheduled to release its April jobs report on Friday. Economists are projecting that the economy likely added 185,000 jobs in April and the unemployment rate may remain 8.8 percent, but some are now saying the numbers could be lower.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/05/unemployment-applications-hit-8-month-high/?test=latestnews

SpidermanTUba
05-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Seems Pres Obama is keeping another promise he made to get elected

He is transforming America, but not for the better

http://www.newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/cartoon_500/cartoons/bobgorrell.gif

Sorry I don't see how its Obam's fault that people just decided they didn't want to work and would instead to prefer to suck off the government teet. That is the only reason someone would not have a job, isn't it?

Trigg
05-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Sorry I don't see how its Obam's fault that people just decided they didn't want to work and would instead to prefer to suck off the government teet. That is the only reason someone would not have a job, isn't it?

I realize you're being facetious here, so here is a little thought for you.

It's normal for unemployment to be around 5%, since some people just don't want to work.

Bambam's stimulus was supposed to keep unemployment under 8%

red states rule
05-15-2011, 08:22 AM

Well considering Obama is pround that a record number of people are on food stamps, and Dems continue to extend unemployment benefits to where some are collecting benefits for up to 99 weeks - if you pay people NOT to work - they will obey and NOT work

Obama and Dems ared oing everyting possible to keep people on a government program and encourage people not to to go to work