PDA

View Full Version : Time For Conservatives to Focus on Obama's Performance in Office

red states rule
05-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Now is the time for those CONSERVATIVES who want Obama's job to start focusing on Obama's terrible record as President.

They need to offer to the voters a point by point difference in their economic polices and show how their ideas, policies, and proposals are superior

In other words, stop wasting time about the birth certificate and the burial of OBL, and talk about things that matter to the working folks. Obama's birth certificate, college grades, and the dead body of OBL will not put gas in my car, food on the table, or put people back to work in the private sector

Obama is very beatable right now, and conservatives need to step up and not be worried about the savage attack the liberal media will launch as soon as they start speaking

Many conservatives are playing into the hands of the Obama re-election machine, falling for the trap of making themselves easily mocked by a sycophantic mainstream media attempting to turn Obama into a victim.

The President cannot defend his record, and in order to win re-election he must rely on the extraneous factors of sympathy, guilt, and cultural status combined with the inherent power of the White House to dominate and skew the news to his benefit.

The re-election crusade of Barack Obama is in full campaign mode (his every action and utterance should be regarded the same as any activity two months prior to an election). The basic strategy: a relentless effort to browbeat and overwhelm any potential competition by appearing invincible and marginalizing the opposition through the media as the Obama machine anticipates that any challenger will have a limited ability to respond or gain traction in today's celebrity driven cultural environment.

A major aspect of the marginalization will be to portray the President as a victim of racism and right-wing paranoia. They will do this by forcing any prospective Republican candidates to constantly defend themselves against those charges, as the Democrats and the media will portray all conservatives as racist loons thus diverting attention from Obama's overwhelming failures.

Therefore the conservatives must understand this strategy and not allow themselves to be easily manipulated. Emotion should have no place in the upcoming campaign. In order to make these tactics moot it is time to put the issue of Obama's birth certificate, college grades, and all manner of personal questions on the sidelines and concentrate on making certain he is defeated based on his record.

That is not to say that there may indeed be some validity to these issues; but they cannot be proven with absolute certitude between now and the fall of 2012. Placing any attention on these matters will not succeed in helping defeat Obama as long as the mainstream media is a wholly owned subsidiary of liberal deep-pocket benefactors and the Democratic Party with their access to taxpayer money

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/05/time_for_conservatives_to_put.html

Kathianne
05-06-2011, 05:32 AM
Indeed, what I've been saying for over a year! I do like it! :laugh2:

red states rule
05-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Unemployment is now up to 9% and it has been over 8% for the last 2 years

Great thing to be running on considering Obama is wanting to raise taxes on the very people who will hire unemployed people

Thunderknuckles
05-06-2011, 03:56 PM
He's not very beatable right now in my opinion and I think a few Republicans share that opinion as evidenced by their reluctance to announce candidacy for 2012. Between OBL and the economic recovery, albeit a very weak one, he's in a fairly strong position right now. Unfortunately, we're gonna need an economic downturn or some drastic mistake on the part of Obama to really weaken his chances of re-election.

Then there's the field of potential Republican candidates which are extremely weak. Romney may stand a chance but other than him there's no one that's very inspiring. This may change once the campaign is in full swing but for now, that's the way I see it.

red states rule
05-06-2011, 03:59 PM
He's not very beatable right now in my opinion and I think a few Republicans share that opinion as evidenced by their reluctance to announce candidacy for 2012. Between OBL and the economic recovery, albeit a very weak one, he's in a fairly strong position right now. Unfortunately, we're gonna need an economic downturn or some drastic mistake on the part of Obama to really weaken his chances of re-election.

Then there's the field of potential Republican candidates which are extremely weak. Romney may stand a chance but other than him there's no one that's very inspiring. This may change once the campaign is in full swing but for now, that's the way I see it.

Obama is very beatable

Gas prices, inflation, unemployment, record spending and deficts, and the desire to raise taxes all spell doom for Pres Obama

If not for the 50,000 jobs McDonalds added we would not had such a nice jobs number

With rising energy prices, employers will not be so quick to hire

Any Republican can beat Obama if that candidate sticks to offering voters a clear differecne in their polices VS Obama's.

Voters vote with their wallets and that will send Obama back to Chicago

Thunderknuckles
05-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Unemployment overall is actually down from it's double digit peak which Obama will claim credit for. Gas prices really aren't his fault. That has more to do with the Arab Spring causing instability in the region with a healthy dose of speculation. Although, you can attack him for not encouraging growth in domestic oil production. As for taxes, I think a number of Americans are resigned to the fact that we will not be able to balance the budget on spending cuts alone. The numbers are just too staggering.

That really leaves the deficit and debt as his Achilles Heel. This is where I think the Republicans will strike hardest with a possible flank on ObamaCare. For the Republicans to win they really need an effective candidate who can strike true on Obama's weaknesses. Guys like Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Rick Santorum, etc just don't have it in them.

red states rule
05-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Unemployment overall is actually down from it's double digit peak which Obama will claim credit for. Gas prices really aren't his fault. That has more to do with the Arab Spring causing instability in the region with a healthy dose of speculation. Although, you can attack him for not encouraging growth in domestic oil production. As for taxes, I think a number of Americans are resigned to the fact that we will not be able to balance the budget on spending cuts alone. The numbers are just too staggering.

That really leaves the deficit and debt as his Achilles Heel. This is where I think the Republicans will strike hardest with a possible flank on ObamaCare. For the Republicans to win they really need an effective candidate who can strike true on Obama's weaknesses. Guys like Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Rick Santorum, etc just don't have it in them.

Libs have planted in the minds of voters that high gas prices was Bush's fault - so now it is theri turn to try and make people forget

He still has the ban of off shore drilling and polls show a huge majority want the drilling

Gas prices may level off then we get into winter and home heating oil. Have you checked the price of that or Kero? People will get nailed there are well

If Obam is such a slam dunk to win in 2012, why is he bragging he will raise ONE BILLION DOLLARS for his re-election. He must be worried about something

Thunderknuckles
05-06-2011, 04:36 PM
If Obam is such a slam dunk to win in 2012, why is he bragging he will raise ONE BILLION DOLLARS for his re-election. He must be worried about something
Oh, I don't think he is a slam dunk. I'm merely of the opinion that he is in a strong position right now and it's going to be an uphill battle for Republicans. As for raising a billion, I doubt that has anything to do with him being worried. The unfortunate fact of Democracy in America is that the more money you have in your war chest over your opponent, the greater the edge you have.

red states rule
05-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh, I don't think he is a slam dunk. I'm merely of the opinion that he is in a strong position right now and it's going to be an uphill battle for Republicans. As for raising a billion, I doubt that has anything to do with him being worried. The unfortunate fact of Democracy in America is that the more money you have in your war chest over your opponent, the greater the edge you have.

Obama is worried. Why is he now a "hawk" and sucking up to the US military?

On the one hand he is running aorund like Gen Patton and on the other he has to appease the far left that wants to surrender

He needs the money because he knows the Tea Party will be fired up as they were in 2010

fj1200
05-06-2011, 09:36 PM
He's not very beatable right now in my opinion...

His only strength right now is incumbency.

gabosaurus
05-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Interesting, when Dems tried to focus on Dubya's performance in office, conservatives accused us of being hateful and disrespectful and said that questioning Dubya meant we hated the troops.

So we are still "at war." How come questioning Obama doesn't amount to hating our troops? Or does that only work when libs are in office?

Thunderknuckles
05-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Interesting, when Dems tried to focus on Dubya's performance in office, conservatives accused us of being hateful and disrespectful and said that questioning Dubya meant we hated the troops.

So we are still "at war." How come questioning Obama doesn't amount to hating our troops? Or does that only work when libs are in office?

When you're ready to sit at the adult table let me know, otherwise here's your cake, now sit back with the rest of children, grown folks are talking.

Seriously, you want to have a discussion about Republican candidacy in 2012? If not, at least post something relevant to the discussion.

red states rule
05-07-2011, 04:14 AM

Who is talking about his foreign policy? Most are supporting his decisions since most of his polcies are the same as Pres Bush

The left are the ones screaming about Obama's actions outside the US

Gabby, it is clear you have a few rules about the upcoming election. There are a few things we CANNOT talk about when discussing Pres Obama's first 4 years in office as far as you are concerned

1) The deficit

2) Unemployment rate

3) The Federal budget and spending levels

4) Gas prices

5) Number of foreclosures in the US

6) Possible double dip rescession

Other wise, everything is on the table and can be discussed

red states rule
05-07-2011, 04:30 AM
His only strength right now is incumbency.

No president has ever been reelected with unemployment over 8% and it does not look good for Obama

Kathianne
05-07-2011, 04:43 AM
no president has ever been reelected with unemployment over 8% and it does not look good for obama

fdr?

red states rule
05-07-2011, 04:47 AM
fdr?

I stand corrected Kat :salute:

Since the left and liberal media have compared Obama to FDR and Lincoln, and Reagan - he has nothing to worry about right? :laugh2: