PDA

View Full Version : Historic Mississippi River flooding - Morganza spillway to open for 1st time since 73

SpidermanTUba
05-08-2011, 01:58 AM
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Army-Corps-of-Engineers-requests-opening-of-Morganza-Spillway-121444554.html

The river is expected to crest in New Orleans at 19.5 feet-- two feet and half feet above flood stage. That crest is based on the opening of the Bonnet Carre, but it may not be enough to lower the river level and the flow of the river. Now, the Corps has formerly requested the opening of the Morganza spillway, just north of Baton Rouge.

"The Morganza spillway is one of the off-ramps of water on the Mississippi River," Col. Fleming said.

Yet, the opening of the Morganza brings with it a new set of complications, since it could end up flooding multiple parishes. On Saturday, the Corps released a map, which showed the potential flooding impact. Parts of western Terrebonne Parish and St. Mary Parish could end up with five feet of water. Other areas, near St. Francisville in West Feliciana Parish could see up to 25 feet of water.

"The stages are historic, the flow is historic and so those triggers that we have to operate these structures are based on the flow," Col. Fleming said.

"Look, there's going to be stress on the levee as it is," Col. Fleming said. "We haven't seen this kind of water since 1927 and there's no doubt that we're going to see a lot of water. And this is why the system was built-- is to be able to protect against the flood that comes from the river."

jimnyc
05-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I'll be crossing my fingers, hoping you make it out to international waters. Don't forget your Heineken like last time!

SpidermanTUba
05-08-2011, 01:02 PM
I'll be crossing my fingers, hoping you make it out to international waters. Don't forget your Heineken like last time!

Wrong city buddy. Its all your bigot redneck friends in Butte LaRose that are gonna get flooded. There will be no looting because they aint got nothing to loot

jimnyc
05-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Wrong city buddy. Its all your bigot redneck friends in Butte LaRose that are gonna get flooded. There will be no looting because they aint got nothing to loot

Quite frankly, I'd be happy to see the entire state of eggplants float away, troll.

SpidermanTUba
05-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Quite frankly, I'd be happy to see the entire state of eggplants float away, troll.

You're a twat!

jimnyc
05-08-2011, 01:10 PM
You're a twat!

Take a deep, deep breath, and maybe you and the rest of the criminals you live with will float for awhile first.

SpidermanTUba
05-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Take a deep, deep breath, and maybe you and the rest of the criminals you live with will float for awhile first.

If the whole state floats away the next Republican candidate loses 8 electoral votes.

Since the overwhelming majority of victims in this flood will be white rural working people that vote for Republicans (and who whined on and on about self reliance after Katrina but will gladly stick their hands out for a government check in the next few months, like good right wing hypocrites), I really do believe you when you say you just hate the whole state. I thought it was just that you hated the liberals in the city.

jimnyc
05-08-2011, 01:15 PM
I did a quick search of the 7th ward that you have listed and this is the first picture that came up. This you and your brother? I'm glad too see you support the Yankees, but save the money on the hat and go see a dentist already!!

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zbxvyw.jpg

http://photos.nola.com/photogallery/2008/09/new_orleans_evacuees_return_ho.html

SpidermanTUba
05-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I did a quick search of the 7th ward that you have listed and this is the first picture that came up. This you and your brother? I'm glad too see you support the Yankees, but save the money on the hat and go see a dentist already!!

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zbxvyw.jpg

http://photos.nola.com/photogallery/2008/09/new_orleans_evacuees_return_ho.html

Yeah, right, that's me. Only 2 of us living here, so you got it.

jimnyc
05-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah, right, that's me. Only 2 of us living here, so you got it.

However many, I hope it's less soon, and watch the crime rate drop (at least after the initial increase of looting, robbing & murders while the area is incapacitated).

SpidermanTUba
05-08-2011, 01:26 PM
However many, I hope it's less soon, and watch the crime rate drop (at least after the initial increase of looting, robbing & murders while the area is incapacitated).

You don't really seem to get it. I hate to break the bad news to you, but New Orleans isn't going to flood this time.The Bonnet Carre and Morganza spillways when fully open are more than enough to divert the pressure from our river levees. No one really lives in the Bonnet Carre, its a very small patch of land - but unfortunately many of the self-reliant right wing personally responsible types north west of Baton Rouge built their homes in the much more massive Morganza spillway. Not too bright, eh?

jimnyc
05-08-2011, 01:28 PM
So why did you get banned over at politicalforum? I miss you! :)

And I hope you don't mind me stating, this quote of yours, is perhaps one of my all time favorites of yours! :laugh2:

I had a tiny pecker long before I got obese.

Bwahahahahah!

SpidermanTUba
05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
So why did you get banned over at politicalforum? I miss you! :)

And I hope you don't mind me stating, this quote of yours, is perhaps one of my all time favorites of yours! :laugh2:

Bwahahahahah!

My dick was a lot smaller when I was a kid.

Your board sucks BTW. Apparently its just you and me, and I'm only here because I'm banned at better places.

jimnyc
05-08-2011, 01:34 PM

Your board sucks BTW. Apparently its just you and me, and I'm only here because I'm banned at better places.

Sad. LOL

It sucks? Now I'm more sad. You can go elsewhere and talk about your obesity if you don't like it here. Or maybe find a place to offer advice on growing your penis. No one is forcing you to come to a place you don't like! :2up:

SpidermanTUba
05-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Sad. LOL

It sucks? Now I'm more sad. You can go elsewhere and talk about your obesity if you don't like it here. Or maybe find a place to offer advice on growing your penis. No one is forcing you to come to a place you don't like! :2up:

You're the one who brought up my weight shit for brains. Can you hold an attention span for more than 2 posts?

You sure like to talk about cock a lot.

jimnyc
05-08-2011, 01:37 PM
You're the one who brought up my weight shit for brains. Can you hold an attention span for more than 2 posts?

You sure like to talk about cock a lot.

Not me sharing it with a bunch of other guys on other boards, I simply posted your quote, eggplant! LOL

SpidermanTUba
05-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Not me sharing it with a bunch of other guys on other boards, I simply posted your quote, eggplant! LOL

You posted it because you like to talk about cock.

SpidermanTUba
05-09-2011, 12:09 PM
If the Army Corps dicks around too long you might get your wish jimmy.

New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and everything in between would get flooded.

The port that the majority of exported U.S. grain goes through - useless.

The area that 1/4 of our nation's energy supply originates in, is processed in, or is shipped through would be be useless.

The 2nd largest oil refinery in the nation, underwater, so expect to pay even more at the pump.

Not to mention 3 nuclear facilities that would be in danger.

Hopefully you won't get your wish.

gabosaurus
05-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Never has a DP thread witnessed a more historic cock fight.
Now stop dicking around and get back on topic. :p

logroller
05-11-2011, 02:49 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You funny dude: fat, un-endowed, unwanted...Maybe there's a forum here: http://suicidehotlines.com/

SpidermanTUba
05-11-2011, 04:39 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You funny dude: fat, un-endowed, unwanted...Maybe there's a forum here: http://suicidehotlines.com/

Thanks, but they already know me there.

You know a lot of fat dudes just look unendowed. Its because their dick is the same size but the fat has grown up around it, so its kinda sucked into the groin area. You can't really tell how big a fat guy's cock is unless its hard.

My urologist has verified that I have normal size testicles.

logroller
05-13-2011, 01:39 AM
thanks, but they already know me there.

You know a lot of fat dudes just look unendowed. Its because their dick is the same size but the fat has grown up around it, so its kinda sucked into the groin area. You can't really tell how big a fat guy's cock is unless its hard.

My urologist has verified that i have normal size testicles.

tmi!