PDA

View Full Version : So Obama's Approval Number Is At 60% Eh?

red states rule
05-11-2011, 05:02 PM
When I heard this, I suspected something had to be wrong. Yes, Obama got OBL, but people vote economic issues in most cases

People can't spend the body of OBL at the store or put gas in their car with it

What a shock, I was right about the poll. Check out how the poll was cooked to get the results wanted

The chefs in the kitchens at AP-GfK, a joint effort of the Associated Press and GfK Roper Public Affairs & Corporate Communications, have been working overtime cooking up a scrumptious dish for fans of Barack Obama and the Democratic Party.

After tasting the output this morning, the AP's Liz Sidoti and Jennifer Agiesta could hardly contain their glee (also saved here for future reference, fair use and discussion purposes):

President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit its highest point in two years - 60 percent - and more than half of Americans now say he deserves to be re-elected, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll taken after U.S. forces killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.
In March, the same poll had the president's approval rating at 53%. The graphic which follows, obtained from the the poll's "topline" at AP-GfK's web site, reveal that the AP pair enjoy feasting on empty calories:

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx40/mmatters/AP-GfKpollSamplesJanMarMay2011.png

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2011/05/11/poll-cooking-ap-obama-approval-60-46-29-dem-rep-split#ixzz1M5GFN5vi

gabosaurus
05-11-2011, 06:03 PM
How funny that you are reading about "cooking" Obama's popularity numbers on an extreme right wing web site. No wonder your brain is cooked.

red states rule
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
How funny that you are reading about "cooking" Obama's popularity numbers on an extreme right wing web site. No wonder your brain is cooked.

The poll numbers and sample are from the AP's own websitw. You are so blinded by your hate for those who have a different POV and do not worship the ground Obama struts on - you see the facts as they are presented

Or is that you would rather not know the facts?

gabosaurus
05-11-2011, 06:12 PM
I've never worshiped Obama and I've said so many times. But some of you stand true on your political stereotypes and refuse to listen. Must be that cooked brain interfering with your common sense.

red states rule
05-12-2011, 03:13 AM
I've never worshiped Obama and I've said so many times. But some of you stand true on your political stereotypes and refuse to listen. Must be that cooked brain interfering with your common sense.

You have been Obama's defense attorney here lately Gabby. The fact remains AP had nearly twice as many Dems in the poll then Republicnas and then they are giddy when they report Obama has a 60% approval number

They might as well have poledl MSNBC's lunch room and would have gotten the same results

Meanwhile, other polls have Obama getting a 2-5 point bounce. The bounce will fade as the economy continues to stall

Remember Bush 41 and his 90% approval after the first Gulf war?

red states rule
05-12-2011, 04:28 AM
BTW Gabby, Obama's bounce may be over

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/may_2011/obama_approval_index_may_11_2011/477898-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_may_11_2011.jpg

and this is one of the main issues for the 2012 election

The Rasmussen Consumer Index, which measures the economic confidence of consumers on a daily basis, fell three points on Wednesday to 80.0. This is the second straight daily decline and could signal the end of a bounce in confidence that followed Osama bin Laden’s death. Consumer confidence is now down five points from its recent peak. However, it is still up five points since the bin Laden news and the coming days will determine whether it settles back to that level. From a longer perspective, consumer confidence is up two points from a month ago and down 10 points from three months ago.

The Rasmussen Investor Index fell six points on Wednesday to 89.9. That’s still up six points since bin Laden's death. Investor Confidence is up three points from a month ago but down 13 from three months ago.

The bounce in consumer and investor confidence resulted from improved expectations of future economic performance. There was little change in the consumer or investor assessment of current economic conditions. Twenty-nine percent (29%) of adults nationwide now believe the economy is getting better while 46% believe it is getting worse. In the last update completed before bin Laden’s death, just 24% thought the economy was getting better. That rose to 33% on Saturday before turning around and settling back at 29% today.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/indexes/rasmussen_consumer_index/rasmussen_consumer_index

KarlMarx
05-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Common Sense tells us

That the unemployment rate is 9% or thereabouts and hasn't budged in 2 years

That the dollar is weakening as shown by the record high price of gold

The price of gasoline is still high

Inflation is making a comeback

Those aren't polls, those are facts. Common sense dictates that something is dreadfully wrong. While Obama may not be in control of all these things, his policies have exacerbated them. The Stimulus hasn't stimulated, only increased our debt (and weakened the dollar, which had a ripple effect throughout the economy). Obamacare is simply increasing spending of money that we do not have and will turn out to be a tax increase.

History shows that throwing money at the public sector does not improve the economic condition. If it did, then FDRs policies would have ended the Great Depression. Instead, after nearly 9 years of his policies, the only thing that ended the Great Depression was not the New Deal, but World War II...

red states rule
05-16-2011, 03:50 AM
So much for the OBL bounce

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx