PDA

View Full Version : Well, Romney nuked himself last night

Little-Acorn
05-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Mitt Romney gave a speech last night and talked about the Universal Health Care initiative he signed in Massachussetts. And said, in essence, that it was the right thing to do in that place and time, and that he still believes that today.

He then went on and tried to present conservative credential, saying that the reason such a thing should not be done on a national level is because it's against the Constitution for the Fed govt to do it, though not for the states to do it individually. He also started outlining various areas the Fed govt should not get involved in, and some areas of Health Care and insurance where it should get involved.

Though he was right about the Constitution's mandates and bans, his speech showed clearly that he does nto understand either the purpose of insurance, or the purpose of government, at all.

He nuked himself last night, displaying in no uncertain terms that he is not qualified to be President of the U.S. This country was founded on the idea that people should take care of themselves, taking their own responsibility for their welfare, helping each other where needed, learning from their mistakes, and NOT waiting for government to force other to help them. Though he got some things right, Romney showed last night that he opposes that general idea, in some ways almost as completely as the Democrats do.

I'm now sorry that I supported Mitt four years ago. It was a mistake. The country is fundamentally conservative, and the Constitution lays out a government that preserves and supports that. People like Romney (and others) who oppose that idea, should not be in government, certainly not at a national level.

Gaffer
05-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Romney has always been slightly left of mccain in my book. I never cared for him and the sooner he drops out the better. If they were in the race last time they need to get out this time. We need new blood with real ideas and leadership ability.