View Full Version : Board downtime/errors

jimnyc
05-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Our hosting provider performed a few upgrades today:

MySQL : 4.1 to 5.0
PHP : 4.4.x to 4.4.9
PHP : 5.2.x to 5.2.17
Apache 1.3.x/2.0.x/2.2.x to 2.2.17

As a result, some MYSQL databases got corrupted, likely because they were open during the upgrades. I am running a bunch of repairs as I type this to hopefully fully resolve the issues, but some must already be done or I wouldn't be able to post this.

Should you see any errors elsewhere, please post it here.

Thx

Gaffer
05-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Not seeing any errors at this time, but this explains the fatal error message I was getting earlier.

jimnyc
05-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Not seeing any errors at this time, but this explains the fatal error message I was getting earlier.

I'll bet you thought it was Bin Laden revenge when you saw "fatal"! :poke:

gabosaurus
05-13-2011, 01:56 PM

That's a relief. I thought the Navy Seals were coming for Gaffer. :)

jimnyc
05-13-2011, 02:00 PM
That's a relief. I thought the Navy Seals were coming for Gaffer. :)

Gaffer can be a little secretive at times, it's highly possible that he is the one who performed the "double tap" that took out OBL!

Gaffer
05-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I'll bet you thought it was Bin Laden revenge when you saw "fatal"! :poke:

binladen didn't come to mind, but WTF was my first thought. I then tried another site with no problem so figured it must be your server. You got things back up quickly, kudos to you.

jimnyc
05-13-2011, 02:04 PM
binladen didn't come to mind, but WTF was my first thought. I then tried another site with no problem so figured it must be your server. You got things back up quickly, kudos to you.

I was out actually when it went down, just happened to pop back in and had 178 emails waiting for me. Every single time a member gets an error like that, the board is configured to send me an email. It sucks when you get so many, but it can also make me aware of issues I don't know about. It also sends me a different error allowing me to troubleshoot a little quicker/easier.

I was on my way back out too, might have had 1000 emails waiting for me when I got back. I know some of the much larger boards turn that option off or "someone" would be getting bombarded with thousands and thousands of emails if it goes down for a short time. As many members have told me here, my board sucks, so I don't have that problem! :coffee:

gabosaurus
05-13-2011, 02:07 PM
It is not the messages that your board sucks that should bother you. It is when members start telling you that you suck. Not that anyone here would ever do that. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
05-13-2011, 02:13 PM
It is not the messages that your board sucks that should bother you. It is when members start telling you that you suck. Not that anyone here would ever do that. :rolleyes:

They generally go hand in hand, the board sucks because I do. If you only read some of the lovely emails I have received over the years! LOL

Gaffer
05-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Your board only sucks to liberal trolls. :salute:

pete311
05-18-2011, 03:22 PM
your PHP and MySQL are still really out of date

jimnyc
05-18-2011, 03:34 PM
your PHP and MySQL are still really out of date

Ummm, just barely, and at the latest stable releases - and it's not "mine" - the site is hosted elsewhere. Most large webhosting providers are using similar.