PDA

View Full Version : It's official - the Army Corps of Engineers will open Morganza Spillway

SpidermanTUba
05-13-2011, 05:53 PM
http://www.nola.com/environment/index.ssf/2011/05/prepare_to_open_morganza_flood.html

Maj. Gen. Michael Walsh has instructed officials to open the Morganza Floodway within the next 24 hours to reduce the flow of the Mississippi River past Baton Rouge and New Orleans, a corps spokesman said.

fj1200
05-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Isn't that what you were hoping for?

SpidermanTUba
05-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Isn't that what you were hoping for?

Yes.

You're a quick one.

fj1200
05-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Oh good, those righties downstream will finally get their's.

SpidermanTUba
05-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh good, those righties downstream will finally get their's.

What the fuck are you talking about? They aren't even downstream, its an entirely different river, you don't make sense.

fj1200
05-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Since the overwhelming majority of victims in this flood will be white rural working people that vote for Republicans (and who whined on and on about self reliance after Katrina but will gladly stick their hands out for a government check in the next few months, like good right wing hypocrites), I really do believe you when you say you just hate the whole state. I thought it was just that you hated the liberals in the city.

?

jon_forward
05-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Why not just cut to the chase? the flood was caused by Bush, the flood was caused by Obama, they'll get their's for voting different then what someone else wanted. give it a break! Before a person is a democrat or republican, they are an American, and they havent begun to suffer yet. I dont buy into the good of the many outweigh the good of the few crap.what Katrina didnt finish this flood should have. New Orleans should have been a future ghost town and learning aid. Dont build in a flood plain If you do and you get flooded or worse shame on you. Reguardless these folks are going to need help and lots of it. My prayers are with all those affected.

SpidermanTUba
05-19-2011, 10:53 AM
I dont buy into the good of the many outweigh the good of the few crap.what Katrina didnt finish this flood should have. New Orleans should have been a future ghost town and learning aid. Dont build in a flood plain If you do and you get flooded or worse shame on you. Reguardless these folks are going to need help and lots of it. My prayers are with all those affected.

Dear Ignorant Moron Twat Face:

If we want to use the river as a port and the fertile alluvial soil as farmland, we kinda need to build there. So if its OK with you, we're going to continue to live here so you can get 1/4 of your energy supply and so you don't have to pay too much for food.

P.S. - Must be nice to live in a place with no natural disasters. Where is that?

Nukeman
05-19-2011, 11:55 AM

If we want to use the river as a port and the fertile alluvial soil as farmland, we kinda need to build there. So if its OK with you, we're going to continue to live here so you can get 1/4 of your energy supply and so you don't have to pay too much for food.

P.S. - Must be nice to live in a place with no natural disasters. Where is that?

Umm you stupid inbread dumb ass mother f***er. no one said you couldn't use the farm land or use the port but to have thousands of housholds at or below sea level in an area KNOWN to flood all the time is not just stupid but REALLY STUPID. Should be your own damn fault you built there. If a business wants to operate there than fine the price of doing business is that they will occasionaly flood.

Hell your so stupid you don't even realize the folks that lived along the river 200 years ago knew it flooded and built their homes accordingly. but fast forward 200 years and you and your bretheren got more stupid and inbread... MORON!!!!!!

SpidermanTUba
05-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Umm you stupid inbread dumb ass mother f***er. no one said you couldn't use the farm land or use the port but to have thousands of housholds at or below sea level in an area KNOWN to flood all the time is not just stupid but REALLY STUPID.

New Orleans doesn't flood all the time.

Neither does the Morganza spillway for that matter.

Nukeman
05-19-2011, 12:06 PM
New Orleans doesn't flood all the time.

Neither does the Morganza spillway for that matter.

No but it floods enough to warrant you take precautions in your building standards and the number of people allowed to build with stipulations that they carry their OWN flood insurance and quite relying on the govt to bail them out!!!!!!!!!

SpidermanTUba
05-19-2011, 12:09 PM
No but it floods enough to warrant you take precautions in your building standards
That's why we have levees shit for brains and its why people who can afford it have been getting their house raised.

and the number of people allowed to build with stipulations that they carry their OWN flood insurance and quite relying on the govt to bail them out!!!!!!!!!
Everyone in a flood zone A has to carry flood moron.

Nukeman
05-19-2011, 02:04 PM
That's why we have levees shit for brains and its why people who can afford it have been getting their house raised.

Everyone in a flood zone A has to carry flood moron.Every levee that has been built is directly or indirectly responsible for the advanced flooding that occurs. IF and I say IF we didn't block in the river at all lengths it would flow over more evenly instead of breaking through at weakend points. So just because a bunch of idiots want to live next to the river not only does the govt have to build the freaking levee they also have to take responsiblity for making sure it never breaks. As for the flood insurance, if EVERYONE has it than why the hell do YOU need the govt to bail out your sorry asses every time this thing over flows the FAKE river bank.

LuvRPgrl
05-19-2011, 02:18 PM

For me, its IMperial Beach, San Diego County.

No, we dont get fires here, and the earthquakes just rattle, we all laugh about it, and are glad it helps keep people from moving here. I think less than 20 people in souther california have died from earthquakes in my lifetime.

SpidermanTUba
05-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Every levee that has been built is directly or indirectly responsible for the advanced flooding that occurs. IF and I say IF we didn't block in the river at all lengths it would flow over more evenly instead of breaking through at weakend points.

If the river didn't have levees it wouldn't be usable as a shipping channel and millions of people would be flooded on an annual basis. Jesus Christ you are ignorant.

So just because a bunch of idiots want to live next to the river not only does the govt have to build the freaking levee they also have to take responsiblity for making sure it never breaks. Yes. You might also be surprised to find out government pays to prevent and fight forest fires.

As for the flood insurance, if EVERYONE has it than why the hell do YOU need the govt to bail out your sorry asses every time this thing over flows the FAKE river bank.

Not everyone has it moron. I said everyone in a flood zone A is required by law to carry it.

SpidermanTUba
05-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I think less than 20 people in souther california have died from earthquakes in my lifetime.

I'd be surprised if more than 100 people died in Hurricanes in Louisiana in my lifetime (since 77) before Katrina hit. Even Betsy in 66 killed only 81, and that was the worst storm to hit New Orleans going back as far as when my grandparents were born at least.

Everyone thinks they are at low risk to the whims of nature until nature jumps up and whacks the shit out of them.

Ever heard of tsunamis?

jon_forward
05-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I live in Nashville,tn we had a little water problem last year, 500 year flood after heavy rains stalled over kentucky and tenn, the main reason for the flood was the US corp of Engineers, the government caused it. why would ANY SANE person want to live below sea level kept safe and dry by manmade levees, pumps running 24/7 and a huge lake at your back door. If Katrina didnt smack some common sense into you and all the others thats fine. when It happens again and WE all know it will DONT CALL ON US TO SAVE YALLS STUPID ASSES. SWIM OR SINK

SpidermanTUba
05-19-2011, 06:32 PM
I live in Nashville,tn we had a little water problem last year, 500 year flood after heavy rains stalled over kentucky and tenn, the main reason for the flood was the US corp of Engineers, the government caused it. why would ANY SANE person want to live below sea level kept safe and dry by manmade levees, pumps running 24/7 and a huge lake at your back door.
Why would any sane person want to get flooded in Nashville?

If Katrina didnt smack some common sense into you and all the others thats fine. Right. How many people didn't have flood insurance when the Tennessee floods happened? Morons. Why not learn from OTHER people's mistakes (ours) ? Would that be the easiest way? guess not.

when It happens again and WE all know it will DONT CALL ON US TO SAVE YALLS STUPID ASSES. SWIM OR SINK

Sorry but I doubt you'd have the physical or mental capability to help anyone out anyway, so losing you isn't really much of a loss. More a benefit. I hope you stay the fuck in Nashville and I hope the next time it floods you lose everything.

NightTrain
05-19-2011, 09:22 PM
So, Spidey-Lad, are you going to shave your head in protest again?

Because that.. umm.. made a point with the BP spill. Somehow.

LuvRPgrl
05-19-2011, 11:29 PM
I'd be surprised if more than 100 people died in Hurricanes in Louisiana in my lifetime (since 77) before Katrina hit. Even Betsy in 66 killed only 81, and that was the worst storm to hit New Orleans going back as far as when my grandparents were born at least.

Everyone thinks they are at low risk to the whims of nature until nature jumps up and whacks the shit out of them.

Ever heard of tsunamis?

Actually, Southern California was rated the safest place on earth to not be in danger of dying from natural disasters.

We dont get tsunamis here.
In fact, in my lifetime, since 1955, I dont know or have read or heard of one person dying from a natural disaster in San Diego.

Dont forget, most of our fires are set by people

jon_forward
05-20-2011, 02:39 PM
The only stupid person would be you for expecting the taxpayers to save you not once but twice for the same thing. its somehow ok in your pea brain to flood other folks homes to save your ass. I live well above flood stage and I have flood insurance, and its cheap. I hope you live in a house boat but you aint that smart are you. If you must continue with personal attacks it only proves that you dont have the mentality to accept the simple fact that you and all the others that are living below sea level deserve what you get.

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 03:55 PM
So, Spidey-Lad, are you going to shave your head in protest again?

Because that.. umm.. made a point with the BP spill. Somehow.

I shave my head every spring asshole

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 03:58 PM
We dont get tsunamis here.
Well heck, since you haven't had one yet, I guess it will never happen. A chicken probably figures he'll never get his head whacked off because it hasn't happened in the past - then - WHACK - the odds change quite suddenly and with devastating effects.

Dont forget, most of our fires are set by people
Do fires set by people not burn down homes?

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 03:59 PM
The only stupid person would be you for expecting the taxpayers to save you not once but twice for the same thing..
The taxpayers have never "saved" me once, you must think I'm someone else.

LuvRPgrl
05-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Well heck, since you haven't had one yet, I guess it will never happen. A chicken probably figures he'll never get his head whacked off because it hasn't happened in the past - then - WHACK - the odds change quite suddenly and with devastating effects.?

Is that your analogy and you're sticking with it? Well, that explains why your brain accepts idiotic liberal thinking as truths

Do fires set by people not burn down homes?

We are discussing Natural disasters,

NightTrain
05-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I shave my head every spring asshole

Ohhh no you don't, Slick.

You were yelping and barking about the BP spill and made sure you let us know that you shaved your head in protest.

It didn't make any sense. But then, almost 100% of your posts don't, either.

Don't remember that? Do I need to dig it up and quote it for ya? That's the problem with lying - it's damned hard to keep track of them.

NightTrain
05-20-2011, 08:42 PM
The taxpayers have never "saved" me once, you must think I'm someone else.

A liberal that doesn't take government handouts?

mmmmhmmmm. Of course.

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Is that your analogy and you're sticking with it? Well, that explains why your brain accepts idiotic liberal thinking as truths

Yeah that makes no fucking sense.

We are discussing Natural disasters,
OK, so homes don't burn down if its a person who lights the fire.

The levee failure of 05 wasn't a natural disaster BTW.

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 08:50 PM
A liberal that doesn't take government handouts?

mmmmhmmmm. Of course.

I do wholeheartedly apologize for not conforming to your narrow stereotype of a liberal.

You, on the other hand, are exactly like every other right wing retard I've ever met.

NightTrain
05-20-2011, 08:51 PM
In other words, you aren't doing a darn think to help clean up a problem you find so horrible.

You know, if I was upset about something as much as you claim to be, Id be out there volunteering to do what I can to fix the problem. I wouldn't be sitting online whining about it.

I fucking shaved my head asshole.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?27882-Now-this-is-just-messed-up&highlight=shaved+my+head

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 08:51 PM
You were yelping and barking about the BP spill and made sure you let us know that you shaved your head in protest.

Link? I shaved it early last year to donate to those crazy hair boom people, I didn't shave it in "protest" shit for brains.

NightTrain
05-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Link? I shaved it early last year to donate to those crazy hair boom people, I didn't shave it in "protest" shit for brains.

Last post of page 2, slick.

Hard to keep track, eh?

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 09:45 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?27882-Now-this-is-just-messed-up&highlight=shaved+my+head

Maybe you can link to the particular post where I state I'm shaving it in protest. Then you would actually be providing evidence to support your assertion.

Either way, you've surely proven you have WAY too much time on your hands.

NightTrain
05-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Maybe you can link to the particular post where I state I'm shaving it in protest. Then you would actually be providing evidence to support your assertion.

Either way, you've surely proven you have WAY too much time on your hands.

LOL

Game, set, match.

Now go shave your head to protest something. It'll make a difference.

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 11:14 PM
LOL

Game, set, match.

Now go shave your head to protest something. It'll make a difference.

I like how you not providing evidence of your assertions means you win. Either that or you're incredibly stupid.

LuvRPgrl
05-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah that makes no fucking sense.

OK, so homes don't burn down if its a person who lights the fire.

The levee failure of 05 wasn't a natural disaster BTW.il

The LEVEES were built to protect us from NATURAL DISASTERS, the levee failing was the result of man, but the flooding, with or without the levees would have occured anyways because it was an act of nature.
That makes it a natural disaster

Arsonist fires would not have occured if a person hadn't set them

SpidermanTUba
05-21-2011, 02:30 PM
il

The LEVEES were built to protect us from NATURAL DISASTERS, the levee failing was the result of man, but the flooding, with or without the levees would have occured anyways because it was an act of nature.

Jeez you aren't the brightest.

Most of the flooding would not have happened if the levees hadn't failed.

Arsonist fires would not have occured if a person hadn't set them

So most forest fires set by humans are set intentionally be arsonists? Yeah right.

LuvRPgrl
05-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I do wholeheartedly apologize for not conforming to your narrow stereotype of a liberal.

You, on the other hand, are exactly like every other right wing retard I've ever met.

And I'll bet you are opposed to stereotyping also :laugh:

LuvRPgrl
05-21-2011, 02:36 PM
I like how you not providing evidence of your assertions means you win. Either that or you're incredibly stupid.

I like the way you claim if he doesnt provide proof, he is wrong,
and if he does provide proof, then he has too much time on his hands.

LuvRPgrl
05-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Jeez you aren't the brightest.

Most of the flooding would not have happened if the levees hadn't failed..

not preventing flooding is not the same as creating flooding,
just because the engineers failed to prevent the flooding from going over the levees, doesnt suddenly make the flooding a non natural occurance

So most forest fires set by humans are set intentionally be arsonists? Yeah right.

Thanks for proving me right:
In California alone, from 1997-2001, an average of 392 wildland fires were caused by arson, burning 21,072 acres and causing over $3.2 million in damage annually. During that period in California, in fires were a cause determination could be made, arson was a more common wildfire cause than lightning.
--California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection

You really should do some research before spouting out non factual statements. But of course, facts don't really matter much to you liberals.

SpidermanTUba
05-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I like the way you claim if he doesnt provide proof, he is wrong,
and if he does provide proof, then he has too much time on his hands.

Wasn't asking for "proof" - just some evidence would be nice.

SpidermanTUba
05-21-2011, 05:41 PM
not preventing flooding is not the same as creating flooding,
just because the engineers failed to prevent the flooding from going over the levees, doesnt suddenly make the flooding a non natural occurance

When the flood waters are coming in via a man-made canal that no one hardly even uses - yeah, that's natural, right. Sure. Its natural to dig a big ditch that results in flooding half a city.

Thanks for proving me right:
In California alone, from 1997-2001, an average of 392 wildland fires were caused by arson, burning 21,072 acres and causing over $3.2 million in damage annually. During that period in California, in fires were a cause determination could be made, arson was a more common wildfire cause than lightning.
--California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection

And its your opinion that Big Government should take care of folks whose houses burn due to "man-made" causes - but not "natural" - and that you are the arbiter of what is "man made" and "natural." Never mind that the natural weather conditions present when a forest fire is set can mean the difference between thousands of acres burning and less than one - YOU - are the arbiter of what is 100% natural and what is 100% "man-made", and there can be nothing in between as that would be so very inconvenient for your weak argument.

You really should do some research before spouting out non factual statements. But of course, facts don't really matter much to you liberals.
You should read your own links

in fires were a cause determination could be made