PDA

View Full Version : The Growing Public Trough

Hobbit
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Despite Clinton's promise that "The age of big government is over," and Newt Gingrich's promise to "shrink the federal government," (thought I'll grant that both of them tried) the government is larger than ever, and every attempt to wean people off of the federal teet is offset by even more entitlements and handouts, with no end in sight. Even with supposedly small government Republicans in full control of the government, it grew even faster than it did under the pro-government Democrats. With the confiscatory nature of the government at this time, as well as their tendancy to give handouts to deadbeats (just look at the Katrina leeches), they are actively discouraging productive citizens from being productive, as the European nations are figuring out about their own systems. John Stossel weighs in.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/JohnStossel/2007/05/09/the_public_trough_is_bigger_than_ever

Pale Rider
05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Despite Clinton's promise that "The age of big government is over," and Newt Gingrich's promise to "shrink the federal government," (thought I'll grant that both of them tried) the government is larger than ever, and every attempt to wean people off of the federal teet is offset by even more entitlements and handouts, with no end in sight. Even with supposedly small government Republicans in full control of the government, it grew even faster than it did under the pro-government Democrats. With the confiscatory nature of the government at this time, as well as their tendancy to give handouts to deadbeats (just look at the Katrina leeches), they are actively discouraging productive citizens from being productive, as the European nations are figuring out about their own systems. John Stossel weighs in.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/JohnStossel/2007/05/09/the_public_trough_is_bigger_than_ever

We could start weaning by refusing government handouts to people who aren't even an American citizen, i.e., illegal aliens. They are bleeding this nation. By refusing them, we could make an ENORMOUS dent in reducing the number of people, "on the government teet."

5stringJeff
05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
We could start weaning by refusing government handouts to people who aren't even an American citizen, i.e., illegal aliens. They are bleeding this nation. By refusing them, we could make an ENORMOUS dent in reducing the number of people, "on the government teet."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

There is no reason to give any type of government benefits to anyone in this country illegally. The only thing they ought to get is a swift kick in the ass back to Mexico.

Hobbit
05-09-2007, 02:13 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

There is no reason to give any type of government benefits to anyone in this country illegally. The only thing they ought to get is a swift kick in the ass back to Mexico.

Let's start with in-state tuition. Protestors are currently petitioning the Georgia legislature to keep schools from charging illegals out-of-state tuition. In the meantime, I, a current, legal, taxpaying, voting citizen of the state of Georgia had to fill out signed statements swearing I lived in the state, paid my taxes, and was eligible to vote before I was allowed in-state tuition to take summer classes at the community college down the street.