PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Apocalypse

SassyLady
05-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Jeepers, creepers .... I never watched those movies ... guess I need to watch them now so I can be ready.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'
By Joshua Rhett Miller
Published May 18, 2011

Are you prepared for the impending zombie invasion?

That's the question posed by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention in a Monday blog posting gruesomely titled, "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse." And while it's no joke, CDC officials say it's all about emergency preparation.

"There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for," the posting reads. "Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That's right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency."

The post, written by Assistant Surgeon General Ali Khan, instructs readers how to prepare for "flesh-eating zombies" much like how they appeared in Hollywood hits like "Night of the Living Dead" and video games like Resident Evil. Perhaps surprisingly, the same steps you'd take in preparation for an onslaught of ravenous monsters are similar to those suggested in advance of a hurricane or pandemic.

"First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house," the posting continues. "This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp (or in the event of a natural disaster, it will buy you some time until you are able to make your way to an evacuation shelter or utility lines are restored)."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/#ixzz1MmNsUL7E

NightTrain
05-19-2011, 02:22 AM
And a truckload of ammo for your portable minigun - something no veteran zombie fighting citizen would be caught without.

fj1200
05-19-2011, 08:05 AM
But those I am Legend zombies are FAST. :eek:

gabosaurus
05-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Nice to know that the CDC is spending our money to read zombie novels. I read "World War Z" with my daughter last summer. Fabulously entertaining. About the "history" of zombie attacks in the modern and future world.

Trigg
05-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Nice to know that the CDC is spending our money to read zombie novels. I read "World War Z" with my daughter last summer. Fabulously entertaining. About the "history" of zombie attacks in the modern and future world.

that's a great book, my older 2 sons really enjoyed it.

DragonStryk72
05-19-2011, 10:54 PM
And a truckload of ammo for your portable minigun - something no veteran zombie fighting citizen would be caught without.

Incorrect. Actually, you want a shotgun and a bolt-action rifle. Here's why: For the Shotgun, it annihilates them at close range, but at medium, it's like a solid wall of bullets when you use buck shot, so it's great for crowd control.

As for the bolt action rifle, it has high accuracy and power, but without the wastefulness of semi-automatic weapons. In the case of the minigun, it would be hella impressive, but ultimately, you'd be out of ammo in the first encounter or two.

For your hand to hand choices, a leather duster if proof against zombie bites, and you'll want to have solid hacking weapons, such as an ax or machete. Be sure to get a solid pair of stell-toed boots, as well. Breaking your toe while running from the undead horde could be the last slip you ever make among the living.

darin
05-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Incorrect. Actually, you want a shotgun and a bolt-action rifle. Here's why: For the Shotgun, it annihilates them at close range, but at medium, it's like a solid wall of bullets when you use buck shot, so it's great for crowd control.

As for the bolt action rifle, it has high accuracy and power, but without the wastefulness of semi-automatic weapons. In the case of the minigun, it would be hella impressive, but ultimately, you'd be out of ammo in the first encounter or two.

For your hand to hand choices, a leather duster if proof against zombie bites, and you'll want to have solid hacking weapons, such as an ax or machete. Be sure to get a solid pair of steel-toed boots, as well. Breaking your toe while running from the undead horde could be the last slip you ever make among the living.

You might have saved untold lives. Thank you.

I'm preparing...have the two other kinds you mentioned, too! Now, just need the hacking-type-tool.

CSM
05-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Hmmm...I think I have everything mentioned so far.

On a side note, did you ever notice that the undead dont draw flies? One would think that they would.

fj1200
05-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Hmmm...I think I have everything mentioned so far.

I have none of what was mentioned. I guess I'll be the zombie in charge of hunting down political forum members.

On a side note, did you ever notice that the undead dont draw flies? One would think that they would.

Perhaps because they tend to walk around at night when it's cooler, hence no flies.

CSM
05-20-2011, 08:18 AM
I have none of what was mentioned. I guess I'll be the zombie in charge of hunting down political forum members.

Which raises the whole question of do zombies even have a hierarchy?

Gaffer
05-20-2011, 08:26 AM

We already have a zombie in chief. :thumb:

darin
05-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Great practice target

http://cdn1.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/bgprod/74825.jpg

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/74825-1.html

fj1200
05-20-2011, 10:41 AM

:laugh: Congratulations sir, you have blown my mind.

gabosaurus
05-20-2011, 12:07 PM
The same guy who wrote World War Z also wrote a Zombie defense manual. He was WAY ahead of the CDC.
It was interesting to find out that zombies can live underwater and can't be killed by bullets. You have to chop their heads off.

Monkeybone
05-20-2011, 01:13 PM
They can be killed by bullets, just depends on where you shoot them. And it's not just chopping off the head, you have to destroy the brain.

I have the book. It is awesome.

DragonStryk72
05-20-2011, 02:28 PM
You might have saved untold lives. Thank you.

I'm preparing...have the two other kinds you mentioned, too! Now, just need the hacking-type-tool.

As well, you need to work on zombie-proofing your place of residence. The best example I can find is this:

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/post/4956385434/the-first-zombie-proof-house

Now, one question about the assault rifle: Does it has variable speed for it's shots, as in can it switch between single, burst, and full-auto fire?

darin
05-20-2011, 02:57 PM
It's not an 'assault rifle'. It's a rifle. Semi-automatic.

red states rule
05-20-2011, 05:21 PM

Bob Hope must have known you Gabby

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kfea6IWiYu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SassyLady
05-21-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm working on a way to eliminate zombies right after they vote for an incumbent!! The voting machine will have a device that pops out and cuts their hands off first and then their heads!!! No more zombie voters allowed.