PDA

View Full Version : Your Tax Dollars At Work - Lotto Winner On Food Stamps???

red states rule
05-20-2011, 04:00 AM
Obama should be proud of his his title as the "Food Stamp President"

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o40aySmywtg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o40aySmywtg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

gabosaurus
05-20-2011, 12:03 PM
This has happened many times in the past. Welfare and food stamp people have long been winning jackpots and large monetary prizes. Why are you bringing this solitary instance up now?
Must be a slow day on the right wing blogs.

DragonStryk72
05-20-2011, 02:31 PM
This has happened many times in the past. Welfare and food stamp people have long been winning jackpots and large monetary prizes. Why are you bringing this solitary instance up now?
Must be a slow day on the right wing blogs.

Because the guy has been collecting food stamps for more than a year now after winning the two mil? That doesn't occur to you as a serious abuse of the system?

fj1200
05-20-2011, 02:52 PM
It would be bad news to give him a taste of self reliance. He might not vote Dem again.

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Obama should be proud of his his title as the "Food Stamp President"

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o40aySmywtg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o40aySmywtg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Most people on food stamps are millionaires.

red states rule
05-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Because the guy has been collecting food stamps for more than a year now after winning the two mil? That doesn't occur to you as a serious abuse of the system?

Not with liobs like Gabby

Conservatives measure success by how many people do not need a government program

Libs like Gabby measure success by how many people are on a government program

Yet even with people like this on food stamps, ANY budget reduction in the program will end the world as we know it

DragonStryk72
05-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Most people on food stamps are millionaires.

Where was that stated anywhere in the OP? Or hell, the responses to the OP

red states rule
05-20-2011, 04:56 PM

It is his way of ducking the truth

You should be used to that by now

Gaffer
05-20-2011, 05:07 PM

Now you can understand why I call him stupidmantuba.

red states rule
05-20-2011, 05:08 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gaffer again.

DragonStryk72
05-20-2011, 05:11 PM

See, I could almost understand if he were stupid. There would be more of an excuse then. This was just random, and non-sensical.

red states rule
05-20-2011, 05:28 PM
See, I could almost understand if he were stupid. There would be more of an excuse then. This was just random, and non-sensical.

Rational people would say he no longer NEEDS government help and perhaps now that he has won the lottery he should even pay back the money he took from the taxpayers

But the left would call that meanspirited

Gaffer
05-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Rational people would say he no longer NEEDS government help and perhaps now that he has won the lottery he should even pay back the money he took from the taxpayers

I would insist he pay back whatever he received after he won the lotto. Nothing more than that. And he should not be getting anything now. To continue to give him food stamps now is just stupidity on the part of the state. But then, it's Michigan, the number three stupidest state in the nation. He's probably already broke.

red states rule
05-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I would insist he pay back whatever he received after he won the lotto. Nothing more than that. And he should not be getting anything now. To continue to give him food stamps now is just stupidity on the part of the state. But then, it's Michigan, the number three stupidest state in the nation. He's probably already broke.

He has the lefts entitlement mentaility. He is pissed off he ONLY got $800,000 and now he feels he is entitled to his food stamps

He is noe living off other peoples money and the governemnt is letting him get away with it

Yet, there can be NO budget cuts since that would hurt the "poor" like him who is on some form of government assistance'

Another example as to why this country is going bankrupt

Gaffer
05-20-2011, 06:13 PM
He has the lefts entitlement mentaility. He is pissed off he ONLY got $800,000 and now he feels he is entitled to his food stamps

He is noe living off other peoples money and the governemnt is letting him get away with it

Yet, there can be NO budget cuts since that would hurt the "poor" like him who is on some form of government assistance'

Another example as to why this country is going bankrupt

He only got 800k because the government took the rest in taxes. Imagine that. Isn't he considered rich now? He should be hated and despised by the left. He should even hate himself.

red states rule
05-20-2011, 06:14 PM
He only got 800k because the government took the rest in taxes. Imagine that. Isn't he considered rich now? He should be hated and despised by the left. He should even hate himself.

Plus Gaffer, he was "poor" and on food stamps YET he had the money to play the lottery!!!

This is why the country is going broke

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 11:23 PM

So they "would" - but actually "haven't"

I love how the right wing based all their argument on what 'would'. They're all basically the same. It goes like this:

'The left "would" [do something] if [something]'

That's basically the form of every right wing argument. Notice how it has absolutely nothing to do with policy, exclusively to do with partisanship, and relies entirely on conjecture as a basis for support

SpidermanTUba
05-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Plus Gaffer, he was "poor" and on food stamps YET he had the money to play the lottery!!!

This is why the country is going broke

Dude what the fuck do you think the POINT of a lottery is? Its to get money back from welfare recipients. Everyone knows that.

red states rule
05-21-2011, 03:21 AM
So they "would" - but actually "haven't"

I love how the right wing based all their argument on what 'would'. They're all basically the same. It goes like this:

That's basically the form of every right wing argument. Notice how it has absolutely nothing to do with policy, exclusively to do with partisanship, and relies entirely on conjecture as a basis for support

The libs in the government "explain" they do not consider liquid assets" when they consider eligibility for the handout

OK, try that when Gradma or Grandpa has to go into a nursing home

I have yet to see any leftie here agree this guy is nothing more then a leech

SpidermanTUba
05-21-2011, 02:29 PM
The libs in the government "explain" they do not consider liquid assets" when they consider eligibility for the handout

So the government is 100% run by liberals? Wow, where's that?

I have yet to see any leftie here agree this guy is nothing more then a leech
Sorry i didn't think the issue was even up for debate.

red states rule
05-21-2011, 02:45 PM
If this guy had opted to collect his $2 million over a twenty year payout period, he would be getting $100,000 per year from the lottery, and wouldn't be eligible for food stamps.

So he probably took the payoff so he could keep the handout

SpidermanTUba
05-21-2011, 05:49 PM
If this guy had opted to collect his $2 million over a twenty year payout period, he would be getting $100,000 per year from the lottery, and wouldn't be eligible for food stamps.

So he probably took the payoff so he could keep the handout

He probably took the payout because FOX news succeeded in scaring him in to thinking his state would go bankrupt before he was able to collect all his winnings.

What amazes me is that there are gazillions of Republicans that think its OK for states to renege on their pension obligations to folks who have been policemen or teachers or bus drivers for 30 years, but I have yet to hear any of them suggest not paying the state's lotto winners. Priorities I guess.

DragonStryk72
05-21-2011, 06:29 PM
I love how the left wing based all their argument on what 'would'. They're all basically the same. It goes like this:

'The right "would" [do something] if [something]'

That's basically the form of every left wing argument. Notice how it has absolutely nothing to do with policy, exclusively to do with partisanship, and relies entirely on conjecture as a basis for support

Yeah, see, if you switch out the names of the argument, it still holds weight, so I'm thinkin' it'd be in your best interests not to bring attention to it.

SpidermanTUba
05-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah, see, if you switch out the names of the argument, it still holds weight, so I'm thinkin' it'd be in your best interests not to bring attention to it.

Never actually used that one myself

DragonStryk72
05-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Never actually used that one myself

Um, were you just skipping the part where you used that exact same argument, so for transposed left/right?

SpidermanTUba
05-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Um, were you just skipping the part where you used that exact same argument, so for transposed left/right?

I've never used it, sorry. You don't understand what words mean.

DragonStryk72
05-22-2011, 02:41 AM
I've never used it, sorry. You don't understand what words mean.

Wow... just wow. that is pathetic on a level that I just can't put into words. I mean.... do you work for that level, or does it just come naturally?

red states rule
05-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Wow... just wow. that is pathetic on a level that I just can't put into words. I mean.... do you work for that level, or does it just come naturally?

It is all part of being a liberal. He sets aside logic, reason, truth, and honesty and he is ready to log on and "debate"

DragonStryk72
05-22-2011, 10:55 AM
It is all part of being a liberal. He sets aside logic, reason, truth, and honesty and he is ready to log on and "debate"

Yeah, no, I've had debates with liberals who didn't go there. I thinks he has a special brand of crazy.

red states rule
05-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah, no, I've had debates with liberals who didn't go there. I thinks he has a special brand of crazy.

I have had few debates with libs where they actually stayed on topic

ST reminds me of this guy who used to post almost on a daily basis during the Bush years

Now nothing

But this one post reminded me of ST (and a few others on the left)

One of the most important lessons learned from our loss this election is that we failed to connect with the retarded dittohead masses. I've thought about it long and hard, and have come to the conclusion that we progressives were simply too nice. Out of compassion for those inferior to them, liberal statesmen like Al Franken and Michael Moore held back and didn't sneer nearly enough at the American people as they should have, and we all paid for it on election day. 59 million jingoist biblethumping rednecks repaid our kindness by choosing a chimp who talks to an invisible diety over a war hero with four Purple Hearts.

Well, no more Mr. Nice Liberal. If our seething, drooling hatred for Bush, God, and America isn't enough to win these brainless sheep over to our pasture, then it's time to stop pulling punches. Progressive pundits are already on the ball and are diligently making up for lost sneering. However, it will take more than self-righteous screeching from the mountaintop to regain our rightful place as rulers over the brainwashed hordes. If we're ever going to win another election, if we're ever to earn forgiveness from France for our arrogance, we need to get out there in the red states where all the intolerant morons live and ridicule their silly religious beliefs. We need to really hammer it into their thick, prehistoric skulls that they're just too damn superstitious and stupid to be trusted with the future of this country.

Therefore, I suggest that we get a few really good days of self-pity and hopeless whining in, and then get back to work reminding the uneducated trogs how inferior they are. It's time to really get into their faces and shove it down their slack-jawed gullets that if they ever want to work again, ever want to eat again, ever want to walk again, ever want to see their sons and daughters alive again, they better damn well vote Democrat!

So today, I compiled a list of ten people I know who voted Republican and gave them each a call, in which I basically laid out the real heart of the progressive philosophy in simple terms they could understand.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2004/11/lessons_learned.html

SpidermanTUba
05-22-2011, 06:28 PM

do you have anything to support your statements but insult?

DragonStryk72
05-22-2011, 08:03 PM

Do you? Look over your litany of posts, and come back to me with the number of insults you've lodged, and I'm only calling your attempt to act like you didn't write this:

To which I responded with this:

I love how the left wing based all their argument on what 'would'. They're all basically the same. It goes like this:

'The right "would" [do something] if [something]'

That's basically the form of every left wing argument. Notice how it has absolutely nothing to do with policy, exclusively to do with partisanship, and relies entirely on conjecture as a basis for support

red states rule
05-23-2011, 04:49 AM

You whining about alleged insults is like Bill Clinton whining Hillary cheated on him