PDA

View Full Version : Don't Get the Joke? Attack the Joker!

Hobbit
05-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Recently, many satirists have come under fire by people who apparantly can't take a joke. Two, in particular, stand out.

Barack Obama has been having trouble rallying the black vote, as he isn't 'black enough' for people. There was an article to this effect in the Los Angeles Times entitled "Barack, the 'Magic Negro.'" Since then, Rush Limbaugh has produced a parody of this article in a song of the same name that is sung to the tune of 'Puff, the Magic Dragon' and is sung by an Al Sharpton impersonator. The whole thing is meant to be satire and its content is derived directly from the Sharpton-Obama conflict and the news surrounding it.

Mike S. Adams spent many weeks chronicling the activities of one Dr. Julio Pino, a professor at Kent State whose web site declares itself a 'jihadist newsletter' and contains training manuals, news, and other such things for the supposed jihadist victory in 2007. He also admits indoctrinating his students and calling the his 'little jihadists.' After many weeks of this conflict getting virtually no attention from anybody in a position to do anything about it, he wrote a satire piece wondering if he could get away with a similar scheme devoted to bombing gay bath houses in San Fransisco. This immediately proved the hypocracy of the people he was targeting, as groups all over the world attacked him for his hateful remarks at attempting to bomb gay bath houses in San Fransisco, even after he gracefully revealed the piece as confirmed satire and pointed out that there aren't any gay bath houses in San Fransisco.

Anybody who can't laugh at themselves needs to re-examine their beliefs.

Jon Sanders has more.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/JonSanders/2007/05/08/liberals_dont_get_the_joke,_but_theyll_try_to_get_ the_one_who_made_it

Lightning Waltz
05-09-2007, 12:57 PM
:lol:

That is fucking hillarious!

"Barack, the 'Magic Negro'" and bombing gay bath houses in San Fransisco!

What could be more funny than that!

:laugh2: :lmao: :lol: :laugh2: :lmao: :lol: :laugh2: :lmao: :lol:

(did you get the joke?)

Birdzeye
05-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Anybody who can't laugh at themselves needs to re-examine their beliefs.

Is everybody expected to laugh at a "joke" just because conservatives find it funny?

typomaniac
05-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Hey Hobbit! Laugh at this:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/dpeyton/bush_hitler_350.jpg

Hobbit
05-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Did anybody, say, READ THE ARTICLE? I didn't think so.

This is so typical of those three that have posted so far. I have a quick synopsis of the article with a link, and instead of reading the damn article and commenting on it, you paraphrase what I have said, misquote it, then post a bunch of drivel you think is funny. If anybody had actually read the article, you might realize how stupid everything you've said so far is.

typomaniac
05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Did anybody, say, READ THE ARTICLE? I didn't think so.

This is so typical of those three that have posted so far. I have a quick synopsis of the article with a link, and instead of reading the damn article and commenting on it, you paraphrase what I have said, misquote it, then post a bunch of drivel you think is funny. If anybody had actually read the article, you might realize how stupid everything you've said so far is.Nice job of attacking the Joker, H.

(Besides, Townhall has absolutely nothing worth reading. :D)

Lightning Waltz
05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
He didn't get the joke....

Hobbit
05-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Nice job of attacking the Joker, H.

(Besides, Townhall has absolutely nothing worth reading. :D)

Look, either read the article and talk about it, as this thread was designed for, or take your condescention elsewhere. You've brought all the maturity of a three-year old to this conversation.

Lightning Waltz
05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
You've brought all the maturity of a three-year old to this conversation.

Funny, I thought Rush Limbaugh and Mike S. Adams did that...

jimnyc
05-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I'd really rather people respond maturely and try to stick to the original posters article, and discuss or debate it, rather than try to make a mockery of a thread and ruin it before it has a chance to be discussed.

MtnBiker
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Here is the originator of the term;

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,5335087.story?coll=la-opinion-center

typomaniac
05-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I'd really rather people respond maturely and try to stick to the original posters article, and discuss or debate it, rather than try to make a mockery of a thread and ruin it before it has a chance to be discussed.
The whole point of the "discussion" is that nobody should ever be offended when some far-out commentator makes an offensive joke.

So people posted some such jokes of their own. Very much in line with the discussion.

jimnyc
05-09-2007, 03:59 PM
The whole point of the "discussion" is that nobody should ever be offended when some far-out commentator makes an offensive joke.

So people posted some such jokes of their own. Very much in line with the discussion.

Ummm....no. The article was NOT being discussed. Please re-read the comments after the OP, and you'll see only the first response was semi on topic, the rest were ridicule conservatives, Bush as Hitler, critiquing the source...

I really don't see that as "discussing" the contents of the article.

Birdzeye
05-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Well, I DID read the damned article, and frankly I didn't find Limbaugh's "satire" funny or amusing.

Lightning Waltz
05-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Ummm....no. The article was NOT being discussed. Please re-read the comments after the OP, and you'll see only the first response was semi on topic, the rest were ridicule conservatives, Bush as Hitler, critiquing the source...

I really don't see that as "discussing" the contents of the article.

Considering the title to this thread coupled with what he drew attention to in his initial post, don't you think he was asking for it?

jimnyc
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Considering the title to this thread coupled with what he drew attention to in his initial post, don't you think he was asking for it?

No, I don't, because HE didn't write the article. I just think too many threads degrade much too quickly because of examples like this, where the original articles aren't even discussed, but the accusations and other crap come awfully quick. This would be a much better place if people took the time to discuss the merits of articles instead of looking for mockery and insults.

Lightning Waltz
05-09-2007, 05:16 PM
No, I don't, because HE didn't write the article.

HE wrote the title and HE choose which portions of the article to put in HIS post.

I just think too many threads degrade much too quickly because of examples like this, where the original articles aren't even discussed, but the accusations and other crap come awfully quick. This would be a much better place if people took the time to discuss the merits of articles instead of looking for mockery and insults.

Maybe, but I disagree that's what happened in this case. Posting an offensive picture of Bush is not "looking for mockery and insults", but just introducing the pot to the kettle...

jimnyc
05-09-2007, 05:32 PM
HE wrote the title and HE choose which portions of the article to put in HIS post.

Maybe, but I disagree that's what happened in this case. Posting an offensive picture of Bush is not "looking for mockery and insults", but just introducing the pot to the kettle...

Fine, choose to argue with me about bettering the board, and side with childish crap instead of having decent discussions. From now on when I see someone take the topics off course I will immediately lock the threads. Better?

Lightning Waltz
05-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Fine, choose to argue with me about bettering the board, and side with childish crap instead of having decent discussions. From now on when I see someone take the topics off course I will immediately lock the threads. Better?

Oh, my...what will become of Pale Rider?

jimnyc
05-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh, my...what will become of Pale Rider?

Rarely do I ever see Pale not stick to the original topic. He might be a bit rough in the way he posts his points of view, but at least he tends to discuss and/or debate what the topic is. Posting a ridiculing picture or attacking the source of an article without posting your view of said article, well, it's just degrading the thread from the get go. It happens from both sides, and all it does is ruin otherwise good discussions for others.

Lightning Waltz
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Rarely do I ever see Pale not stick to the original topic. He might be a bit rough in the way he posts his points of view, but at least he tends to discuss and/or debate what the topic is. Posting a ridiculing picture or attacking the source of an article without posting your view of said article, well, it's just degrading the thread from the get go. It happens from both sides, and all it does is ruin otherwise good discussions for others.

You mean like in Obama's post about Bush's polling numbers and Pale Rider calling Newsweek a "Liberal Bible", right?

Or, maybe his posting a picture of the Koran in the toliet.

I haven't been here more than a couple of weeks...and I can already safely call your above statements completely ridiculous...

jimnyc
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
You mean like in Obama's post about Bush's polling numbers and Pale Rider calling Newsweek a "Liberal Bible", right?

Or, maybe his posting a picture of the Koran in the toliet.

I haven't been here more than a couple of weeks...and I can already safely call your above statements completely ridiculous...

Look, you're about 2 minutes from being temporarily banned from participation here. Hell, Pale isn't even in this thread. Are you here to discuss and/or debate the posted topics, or argue with me? I might suggest you pick your opponents a little more carefully. I'm trying to make the board better for everyone and you're arguing with me. Either discuss the original article in a mature manner or don't post in the thread at all.

Lightning Waltz
05-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Look, you're about 2 minutes from being temporarily banned from participation here. Hell, Pale isn't even in this thread. Are you here to discuss and/or debate the posted topics, or argue with me? I might suggest you pick your opponents a little more carefully. I'm trying to make the board better for everyone and you're arguing with me. Either discuss the original article in a mature manner or don't post in the thread at all.

No, Pale Rider didn't post in this thread. But I find it amusing that you didn't correct Pale Rider in Obama's thread...

I'm sorry if you don't like me pointing out your hypocrisy, but I can't pretend it's not there because you're a moderator.

jimnyc
05-09-2007, 06:06 PM
No, Pale Rider didn't post in this thread. But I find it amusing that you didn't correct Pale Rider in Obama's thread...

I'm sorry if you don't like me pointing out your hypocrisy, but I can't pretend it's not there because you're a moderator.

I didn't correct Pale because apparently his post wasn't "reported" using the built in reporting function. Someone did so here, and I'm addressing the issue. Should ANYONE else do the same thing, and I'm notified about it, I'll post the same thing in that thread.

So now I believe you owe me an apology for insinuating I'm a hypocrite, unless of course you did in fact "report" Pale's post.

And I'm not a moderator here. You might want to familiarize yourself with participants of the board, the history, and know my fairness before making baseless accusations.

My agenda here is to make things better for everyone, and you're too busy arguing with me about it. If you would just heed the advice, stick to the topic, this would have been done by now.

typomaniac
05-09-2007, 06:42 PM

I really don't see that as "discussing" the contents of the article.Since a thread this banal is hardly worth getting banned over, I'm just going to stand by my argument that your position is incorrect.

Anyone who wishes to know why I think it's incorrect - including yourself - is free to PM me. Other than that, I'm done here.

Kathianne
05-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Since a thread this banal is hardly worth getting banned over, I'm just going to stand by my argument that your position is incorrect.

Anyone who wishes to know why I think it's incorrect - including yourself - is free to PM me. Other than that, I'm done here.

Well from what I've read, that wasn't YOUR problem, saw nothing that threatened you. Regarding the derailment and non-argument of Bush Hitler, Jim is so correct.

He would be equally correct if a liberal began a thread on a topic or comment to an article expounding on all that Bush has done wrong, then a right winger posted pictures of Soros, Durbin, Kennedy, Clinton, Monica. It adds NOTHING to the topic, derails all, for a few claps from the chorus that buys into that kind of nonsense. Then there would be the chilling effect on those that wish to respond. It's garbage.

typomaniac
05-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Well from what I've read, that wasn't YOUR problem, saw nothing that threatened you. Regarding the derailment and non-argument of Bush Hitler, Jim is so correct.

He would be equally correct if a liberal began a thread on a topic or comment to an article expounding on all that Bush has done wrong, then a right winger posted pictures of Soros, Durbin, Kennedy, Clinton, Monica. It adds NOTHING to the topic, derails all, for a few claps from the chorus that buys into that kind of nonsense. Then there would be the chilling effect on those that wish to respond. It's garbage.So brave of you to respond after I said I'm done... :rolleyes:

05-09-2007, 06:52 PM
In regards to Limbaugh, the only reason this is even an issue is because people want to do whatever they can to get him kicked off the air. Manufacturing a scandal is just their way of trying.

Of course, these are complete morons doing this. But then this is exactly why Rush is parodying them in the song. They are too stupid to realize he is making fun of them.

Kathianne
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM
So brave of you to respond after I said I'm done... :rolleyes:

Well damn, I just was reading through. But what the hell, we both upped our post counts by 1. :lame2:

MtnBiker
05-09-2007, 06:55 PM
The parody is more directed at the liberal press than Barrack. I've already posted a link the to article that started the whole thing, from the Las Angeles Times.

jimnyc
05-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Since a thread this banal is hardly worth getting banned over, I'm just going to stand by my argument that your position is incorrect.

Not really sure I give a shit if you think I'm incorrect. I'm tired of threads getting derailed, and I'm tired of members like yourself arguing with me when I make decisions in the best interest of the board. Either stick to the topic of the thread, or move onto another one that you are capable of participating in within a mature manner.

Lightning Waltz
05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I didn't correct Pale because apparently his post wasn't "reported" using the built in reporting function. Someone did so here, and I'm addressing the issue. Should ANYONE else do the same thing, and I'm notified about it, I'll post the same thing in that thread.

Fair enough. But I'll reserve my "appology" for the moment.

Here is the first thing I'd report:

Just Look At This Section... 90% Of Everything Posted Here Is LIBERAL CRAP!
And many other sections are as well.

How the fuck did this board get so damn full of fucking whiney, smartass, shrill, conservative bashing, mouth breathing, liberal assholes?

The fun is leaving this board. I'd say it's more liberal than conservative right now. We either need a conservative membership drive, or maybe a different board is in order. Personally, all these frothing at the mouth liberals and the shit they talk are getting old. The majority of it is pure bullshit or smartass!

The only problem is the second post is by a moderator...

why not post more 'truth'?

Kathianne
05-09-2007, 07:59 PM

Soooo, why not report the first and give the mods and admins a chance to respond? Not so hard. That's all that was asked, there is the little exclamation sign to do a report.

jimnyc
05-09-2007, 08:04 PM
And any of that has what to do with this thread and my desire to see better discussion?

I'm not Pale. I'm not dmp. I can't work with what I don't know about, I don't read every thread posted here. I looked into this one because I was made aware of it by someone displeased with threads constantly being steered off course. I try to correct that action by making a polite comment within this thread, but rather than take that advice a few decide to argue with me about other stuff instead of moving forward in a positive manner.

My comments are directed towards the board as a whole, from within the thread that was reported. I think it would be more constructive for the members to try a more proactive approach to better discussions instead of arguing with my request.

LiberalNation
05-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Maybe, but I still find it strange it's always liberals you come down on in the open board. Never your buddies. What do you expect people to think? Not to mention all the mods are conservatives who also attack "liberals".

But oh well, your the dictator and like them all can't stand anyone questioning you.

typomaniac
05-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Not really sure I give a shit if you think I'm incorrect. I'm tired of threads getting derailed, and I'm tired of members like yourself arguing with me when I make decisions in the best interest of the board. Either stick to the topic of the thread, or move onto another one that you are capable of participating in within a mature manner.I already stated that I'd stop arguing with you on this point. What else are you asking me for?

Would you like me to give you the moon, also? Yeah, that's it; I'll give you the moon, Jim. :bow3:

Hobbit
05-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Well, I DID read the damned article, and frankly I didn't find Limbaugh's "satire" funny or amusing.

Yanking it back on topic here.

That's fine. The title of the thread had to do with getting the jokes. You can get a joke and not find it funny. The problem is that people are accusing Limbaugh of originating the statement "Barack, the Magic Negro," and are calling him racist for claiming that Obama isn't 'black enough,' though he's not actually bashing Obama, nor did he come up with all the claims. Instead, he's making fun of those who did.

On the other side of the aisle, I don't find the Bush-Hitler comparisons funny, but I don't scream and yell, claiming that Bush didn't murder millions of Jews, becuase I actually get the joke.

Sitarro
05-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Pretty standard stuff from the uninformed, humorless, childish, holier than thou, stuck in a fit of mediocrity, leftist that have decided to make this board their new pet project. What I don't get is why they came here instead of the USMB which has already become a black hole of leftist lack of thought and immature attempts at trying to shock the "establishment".

News flash kids, your game has been stale for 6 years now and it has all been said many times by even dumber, more pathetic posters before you. Comparing our President to Hitler isn't even within the realm of reason and is shameless in it's lame ass junior high mentality. The fact that you can't see the humor in political parody merely because it makes fun of your percieved "side" says a great deal more about yourselves than the parody. All of Paul Shanklin's parodies involving the ripoff pretend reverend Al and his mentor, the rhyming reverend with a mouth full of marbles..... Jesse, are very funny......why? Because there is enough truth in the parodies to imagine both of them saying exactly those things that are said in the parodies. I care for and respect President Bush a great deal and yet, when Frank Caliendo does a flawless imitation of him emphasizing his problems with performing a speech and his use of words that he sometimes makes up, it's funny, very funny.

By the way newbie, Jimnyc is not only the owner of this site that he allows us to play on for free while picking up the cost on his own, he is also infinitly patient and fair.......all of you clowns would have been shitcanned a long time ago if it was my site....... that is what I admire about Jim and the fact that he sincerely tries to keep this place functioning in a somewhat smooth manner and remains sane.

Another thing, many of us have been here or the other site for years and we know and care for each other and will come to each other's defense very quickly. Yes we are opinionated but will usually try to keep a discussion civil if personal attacks aren't started by opposing sides. Most of us have pretty thick skins and can even get pretty testy with each other and yet still come back to a place of respect and friendship..... that includes many who exist on the other side of the political spectrum from ourselves.

One more thing, most of us are old enough to have been there before and have enough knowledge of how the world works to know what the truth is and what is bullshit..... we take our love of this country very seriously, and care about our faith in a higher power a great deal, so we do get offended when those things are screwed around with by others that are too immature to care about anything but themselves, jerks that have come here to disrupt rather than add to the discussions on this board.

I stopped posting on the other sight when a leftist "progressive" informed me he would like to piss on my father's grave.....if this is the type of forward thinking you respect it is doubtful you have anything to say that I care to respond to and will not bother to participate, I have more important things to do.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-10-2007, 01:19 AM
You can get a joke and not find it funny.

Too many people forget that salient point. Thanks for pointing that out.

05-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Maybe, but I still find it strange it's always liberals you come down on in the open board. Never your buddies. What do you expect people to think? Not to mention all the mods are conservatives who also attack "liberals".

But oh well, your the dictator and like them all can't stand anyone questioning you.

yeah im sure Sage agrees that its only liberals they come down on. That guys been banned more times than you've posted.

05-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Yanking it back on topic here.

That's fine. The title of the thread had to do with getting the jokes. You can get a joke and not find it funny. The problem is that people are accusing Limbaugh of originating the statement "Barack, the Magic Negro," and are calling him racist for claiming that Obama isn't 'black enough,' though he's not actually bashing Obama, nor did he come up with all the claims. Instead, he's making fun of those who did.

On the other side of the aisle, I don't find the Bush-Hitler comparisons funny, but I don't scream and yell, claiming that Bush didn't murder millions of Jews, becuase I actually get the joke.

That's just it he is making fun of the media. and the media is too stupid to realize it.

05-10-2007, 01:35 AM
I stopped posting on the other sight when a leftist "progressive" informed me he would like to piss on my father's grave.....if this is the type of forward thinking you respect it is doubtful you have anything to say that I care to respond to and will not bother to participate, I have more important things to do.

Wow... that progressive was rather tame compared to some ive talked to...

Samantha
05-10-2007, 01:46 AM
I'd really rather people respond maturely and try to stick to the original posters article, and discuss or debate it, rather than try to make a mockery of a thread and ruin it before it has a chance to be discussed.Racist jokes are not worthy of a thread, the thread deserves to be ruined. And closed.

stephanie
05-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Awaaa. Geez....Now we can't even discuss our racial differences. without being labeled a bigot....:lame2:

Samantha
05-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Awaaa. Geeze....Now we can't even discusses our racial differences...:lame2:Sure you can. But mean jokes that demean isn't discussing, it's disrespecting.

You didn't like it when I was mean to you. I hurt your feelings. Do you enjoy hurting black people's feelings with racist jokes? Do you think that no black people are looking?

I don't think you are a mean person.

Don't turn into one.

Hobbit
05-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Racist jokes are not worthy of a thread, the thread deserves to be ruined. And closed.

The very fact that you think the joke is racist proves the author's point.

stephanie
05-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Sure you can. But mean jokes that demean isn't discussing, it's disrespecting.

You didn't like it when I was mean to you. I hurt your feelings. Do you enjoy hurting black people's feelings with racist jokes? Do you think that no black people are looking?

I don't think you are a mean person.

Don't turn into one.

I understand the difference between a parody and a racist joke...

And we can probably all be accused of telling or laughing at a racist joke...

We are only humans.......It's OK for the blacks to refer to white people as crackers, whitey.......I don't get offended over that...

And you just pointed out who was being mean here, so I have nothing more to say on that...:laugh2:

05-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Racist jokes are not worthy of a thread, the thread deserves to be ruined. And closed.

Exactly who has told a racist joke?

05-10-2007, 02:08 AM
The very fact that you think the joke is racist proves the author's point.

Apparently making fun of the media is racist... go figure.

stephanie
05-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Apparently making fun of the media is racist... go figure.

Nobody.....made a racist joke....
It's a parody on a article that was written in the la slimes by a black person, yet they refuse to acknowledge that....that's what makes this whole thing even more laughable...:laugh2:

05-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Nobody.....made a racist joke....
It's a parody on a article that was written in the la slimes by a black person, yet they refuse to acknowledge that....that's what makes this whole thing even more laughable...:laugh2:

No what makes this thing so laughable is the fact that the very parody song they are talking about states in the second line "The LA Times they called him that cause he's not authentic like me"

I mean they freaking explain the parody in the song and its obvious that the people whining about the song have never heard it.

People who protest things they know nothing about are idiots.

stephanie
05-10-2007, 02:22 AM
No what makes this thing so laughable is the fact that the very parody song they are talking about states in the second line "The LA Times they called him that cause he's not authentic like me"

I mean they freaking explain the parody in the song and its obvious that the people whining about the song have never heard it.

People who protest things they know nothing about are idiots.

But, but.......it's us conservatives..........who are RACIST, BIGOTS...
Sheeeee. you'll burst the bubble...:cheers2:

jimnyc
05-10-2007, 03:55 AM

I don't see where I cam down on a liberal at all. I stated very clearly it was a message to the entire board within the thread that was reported. But I'm a dictator for wanting better discussion? Let's make it fair then, you can call me a dictator for tossing you. You've been warned enough for your baseless accusations and argumentative style about the board on the forums. See you in 48.

I already stated that I'd stop arguing with you on this point. What else are you asking me for?

Would you like me to give you the moon, also? Yeah, that's it; I'll give you the moon, Jim. :bow3:

Take your immature comments and moon elsewhere, at least for the next 48.

Anyone else want to try and argue with me about making my board a better place for everyone else?

Psychoblues
05-10-2007, 04:07 AM
There is a better way.

I don't see where I cam down on a liberal at all. I stated very clearly it was a message to the entire board within the thread that was reported. But I'm a dictator for wanting better discussion? Let's make it fair then, you can call me a dictator for tossing you. You've been warned enough for your baseless accusations and argumentative style about the board on the forums. See you in 48.

Take your immature comments and moon elsewhere, at least for the next 48.

Anyone else want to try and argue with me about making my board a better place for everyone else?

Let me know if you would like to know about it. I am not arguing, jimnyc, I am only suggesting.

jimnyc
05-10-2007, 05:24 AM
There is a better way.

Let me know if you would like to know about it. I am not arguing, jimnyc, I am only suggesting.

I know there's a better way - have members stick to topics, discuss like adults and be civil. It's real easy actually! There's no magic formula needed.

Psychoblues
05-10-2007, 05:31 AM
As simple as that might sound, jimnyc, it is indeed a double edged sword. I hope we don't get to that level on this board.

I know there's a better way - have members stick to topics, discuss like adults and be civil. It's real easy actually! There's no magic formula needed.

You have the correct attitude, jimnyc. Can you live with it or would you rather live without it?

Man, it's your choice and you are making it. I'll do what I can for you.

Psychoblues
05-10-2007, 05:55 AM
There ain't nobody here that can screw up a joke more than me. You have a choice in jokes. Get it or get out of it. Humor is very subjective and that is what the argument is here. Seriously, dig the jamm or forget the jamm. That truth has held solid for me for many years now. I'll admit that I have paid a price when I failed to forget and when I should have simply changed the subject.

Dig it?

darin
05-10-2007, 06:53 AM

What's the problem? If you have a problem, report the post and an Admin will look into it and validate - or invalidate the complaint and get back to you. It's handled NOT in the middle of a thread, but via PMs.

Lightning Waltz
05-10-2007, 07:05 AM
What's the problem?

I think it's very telling that you don't see the problem...

darin
05-10-2007, 07:12 AM

Telling of what? To whom was that reply made? If I recall, it was made to Pale Rider. Care to explain why that comment to pale rider made YOU feel flamed? Stop with the fake intellectualism and be a real person. Send me a note as to why "Lightning Waltz' felt personally attacked or flamed by one reply which had nothing to do with "Lightning Waltz". We'll discuss it.

Because we need to - now that we have that out of the way - BACK to the original intent of the thread-starter. No more of this side-bar stuff. Aight?

jimnyc
05-10-2007, 07:22 AM

I thought I had made it extremely clear my intent to clean up the board. I also think it's very clear how complaints about the board/staff are to be addressed, it is in the rules after all. Yet you chose to continue your "complaints" again. See you in 48 as well.

05-10-2007, 12:28 PM
so does anyone actually have any sort of criticism of the jokes?

Abbey Marie
05-10-2007, 02:13 PM
so does anyone actually have any sort of criticism of the jokes?

Telling a black man he isn't "black enough", as the LA Times chronicled, is only thing I see here that even borders on racist. Certainly, Rush's parody of the situation doesn't qualify. Anyone who thinks that it does, is either suffering from comprehension problems, or is being deliberately obtuse becasue they have an anti-Rush agenda.

Hobbit
05-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Telling a black man he isn't "black enough" is the, as the LA Times chronicled, is only thing I see here that even borders on racist. Certainly, Rush's parody of the situation doesn't qualify. Anyone who thinks that it does, is either suffering from comprehension problems, or is being deliberately obtuse becasue they have an anti-Rush agenda.

And let's not leave Mike Adams out of this. He proved the hypocracy of his attackers as they ignored an openly jihadist prof. and instead focussed on a piece of satire about bombing gay bath houses in San Francisco, even though San Francisco has no gay bath houses.

LiberalNation
05-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I found the rush sing alongf funny. I found the Bush/hitler pics funny. Funnies in the eye of the beholder.