PDA

View Full Version : Member interview

jimnyc
05-23-2011, 11:22 PM
First 2 members who say yes!! I'll set up questions for those 2. I miss the interviews.

Anyone else recommend a member who they would like to see interviewed?

Kathianne
05-23-2011, 11:26 PM
First 2 members who say yes!! I'll set up questions for those 2. I miss the interviews.

Anyone else recommend a member who they would like to see interviewed?

Gaffer? Sassylady? Abbey? Would be a good time to bring us up-to-date on Rick and Darin-lots of changes with many of these members.

SassyLady
05-23-2011, 11:44 PM
I've been interviewed .... see MrsKurtsPrincess. ;)

I would love to see an interview of NightTrain.

Kathianne
05-23-2011, 11:57 PM
I've been interviewed .... see MrsKurtsPrincess. ;)

I would love to see an interview of NightTrain.

I know, but lots of changes since then, same as with those others. ;)

DragonStryk72
05-24-2011, 12:55 AM
yes

Abbey Marie
05-24-2011, 01:29 AM
I would like to see more interviews as well. I will go check on this, but has Gabby been interviewed?

I also agree with Kath that updates of some folks would be interesting. Maybe some less political questions for these second interviews.

Also, we could have a "Ask another DP member a question" open forum. anyone can ask anyone else any one question. Like the interviews, perhaps these threads would be locked to just the question and the answer (no follow up or third party comments), to avoid it getting testy.

red states rule
05-24-2011, 05:19 AM
How about Rev and Gaffer?

CSM
05-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Hmmm, I like the "one question" idea.

jimnyc
05-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Gaffer? Sassylady? Abbey? Would be a good time to bring us up-to-date on Rick and Darin-lots of changes with many of these members.

I believe that's 2 or 3 for Gaffer, let's see when he replies if he is willing! Sassylady aka MrsKurtsPrincess was interviewed but we can do so again. Abbey just needs to say the word. Darin would be a second time, but we can do that. And NT definitely, just need his approval!

yes

Cool, 1st confirmed, I'll make some questions this morn and send them to you via PM.

I would like to see more interviews as well. I will go check on this, but has Gabby been interviewed?

I also agree with Kath that updates of some folks would be interesting. Maybe some less political questions for these second interviews.

Also, we could have a "Ask another DP member a question" open forum. anyone can ask anyone else any one question. Like the interviews, perhaps these threads would be locked to just the question and the answer (no follow up or third party comments), to avoid it getting testy.

I don't believe Gabs has been interviewed yet. I'll be happy to start this round with more daily life questions and less politics (gotta toss a few in there though!) I think the one question thing is a damn good idea!

How about Rev and Gaffer?

See above about Gaffer and we'll see how Rev responds. Might need a staff member or 2 help with interviews if we get a ton, I'm a slow and lazy bastard!

Hmmm, I like the "one question" idea.

Me too, gonna start a thread in a few...

red states rule
05-24-2011, 06:34 AM
I believe that's 2 or 3 for Gaffer, let's see when he replies if he is willing! Sassylady aka MrsKurtsPrincess was interviewed but we can do so again. Abbey just needs to say the word. Darin would be a second time, but we can do that. And NT definitely, just need his approval!

Cool, 1st confirmed, I'll make some questions this morn and send them to you via PM.

I don't believe Gabs has been interviewed yet. I'll be happy to start this round with more daily life questions and less politics (gotta toss a few in there though!) I think the one question thing is a damn good idea!

See above about Gaffer and we'll see how Rev responds. Might need a staff member or 2 help with interviews if we get a ton, I'm a slow and lazy bastard!

Me too, gonna start a thread in a few...

Jimbo, anything I can do to help you know I will. Shoot me a PM anytine you need anything!!

Gaffer
05-24-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm okay with it.

jimnyc
05-24-2011, 11:25 AM
I sent out interview questions to DragonStryk and Gaffer. I rushed like an unorganized dirtbag, so I hope the community still finds them interesting! Should we find other volunteers, I will be pawning the next few off on Kathianne and RSR who have volunteered to assist with further interviews. I will post them as I get the answers returned.

DragonStryk72
05-24-2011, 11:42 AM
lol, it's fine, the questions were good, and I answered all of them, and kicked back the PM

darin
05-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Love the interview, DS. Thanks!

red states rule
05-24-2011, 02:12 PM
lol, it's fine, the questions were good, and I answered all of them, and kicked back the PM

Damn good interview DS!!!

Kathianne
05-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Great interview. Questions were good and the answers were open, honest, and limited. DragonStryk72 I feel I got to know a bit more about you, that's a good thing. Thanks for sharing! :clap::clap:

Kathianne
05-24-2011, 06:07 PM
I really enjoyed the Gaffer interview too! I didn't know we were as close in age as all that! It reminded me of how so many were going to Nam when I was in jr. high, but by graduation, '73, no one was.

I also liked the reminder of relationships again, lol! Probably why I often mix Krissy and Trinity up!

darin
05-25-2011, 04:10 AM
absolutely - thanks a lot, Gaffer!

05-26-2011, 03:13 PM
yes i guess lol

gabosaurus
05-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Wow, I didn't know Trinity and Krissy were related to Gaffer. Shows how much I pay attention.

jimnyc
12-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Bumping this as a reminder to do some more interviews. If you wouldn't mind being interviewed, post and let us know. If you would like to read an interview about someone in particular, post here and we'll ask them. I believe Kath and Abbey have both volunteered to do the questioning in the past, maybe another volunteer or 2? I would imagine the interviews will be different depending on who asks and the imagination they have in asking the questions, so even repeat interviews would work.

ConHog
12-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Bumping this as a reminder to do some more interviews. If you wouldn't mind being interviewed, post and let us know. If you would like to read an interview about someone in particular, post here and we'll ask them. I believe Kath and Abbey have both volunteered to do the questioning in the past, maybe another volunteer or 2? I would imagine the interviews will be different depending on who asks and the imagination they have in asking the questions, so even repeat interviews would work.

I've no problem being interviewed.

I'd like to interview the following people, in no particular order and for various reasons

Jim
RSR
Gunny
CSM
Abbey
ThunderKnuckles

darin
12-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Awhile ago I had an 'ask me anything' thread - was fun for awhile. I can't search for it because I can't search using the words 'ask me anything' :)

Shadow
12-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Awhile ago I had an 'ask me anything' thread - was fun for awhile. I can't search for it because I can't search using the words 'ask me anything' :)

I remember that one...it was fun! There was another one too..can't remember who posted it though. Something like "ask me anything about home repairs". :thumb:

Jess
12-22-2011, 09:54 PM
If y'all can stand the boredom, I'll volunteer to be interviewed, since I'm still pretty much of a noob here.

Jess
12-22-2011, 09:55 PM

Sounds like a fun thread. I vote to bring in the necromancer for that one.

logroller
12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm open to being interviewed. I was wondering why Gunny hasn't been.

Noir
12-22-2011, 10:25 PM
i would, but i tend to get very long winded and rambely with personally questions, but i would also happily reply as a video/audio so if nothing else folks wouldn't be put off by a mountain of text XD

Jess
12-22-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm open to being interviewed. I was wondering why Gunny hasn't been.

We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.

red states rule
12-23-2011, 04:29 AM
We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.

Can you give him a hint and only wound him?

Jess
12-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Can you give him a hint and only wound him?

No.

We don't just wound. It's all or nothing. :cool: