PDA

View Full Version : Ask another DP member a question

jimnyc
05-24-2011, 06:41 AM
This will be a first of its kind. In this thread only, you may post just one question to any member of your choosing. The question may not be "flaming" and this is meant to be friendly in nature to get to know our members better. There is no discussion to be had here, simply questions and answers. If you truly have to discuss something, open a thread in the lounge or shoot the particular member a private message. Again, you can ask, but only once as answers are not guaranteed.

I'll kick things off:

Abbey - can I please see your b...

Oooops, just kidding!!! :coffee:

Seriously though...

Revelarts - how do you plan on celebrating your birthday today?

Abbey Marie
05-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Jim, not today. ;)

jimnyc
05-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Sorry everyone, saw Rev posted elsewhere that he couldn't reply here. Looked at settings and found out it was set to staff only, members now have rights to reply to these threads! Sorry!

jimnyc
05-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Sir Evil - how come you won't answer the phone when I call? Are you avoiding me, you filthy animal? (Ok, I know that's 2, I cheated)

jimnyc
05-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Gabs - do you come here with a smirk on your face sometimes knowing full well you want to piss a few people off? (It's ok if you say yes, I always thought you were kinda cute)

gabosaurus
05-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Gabs - do you come here with a smirk on your face sometimes knowing full well you want to piss a few people off? (It's ok if you say yes, I always thought you were kinda cute)

Yes. :) Any other questions?

jimnyc
05-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes. :) Any other questions?

No - now you ask a question of another member!

gabosaurus
05-26-2011, 11:25 AM
I want to ask RSR how many hours a day he spends on his computer reading right-wing blogs and posting them on this forum.
And I want to ask Jim how often he fantasizes about Abbey's boobies. (He can't fantasize about mine since I don't really have any. :p )

jimnyc
05-26-2011, 11:29 AM
I want to ask RSR how many hours a day he spends on his computer reading right-wing blogs and posting them on this forum.
And I want to ask Jim how often he fantasizes about Abbey's boobies. (He can't fantasize about mine since I don't really have any. :p )

You broke all the rules - only one question allowed for starters... No "flaming" or starting trouble with members...

And I fantasize about boobies of all kinds about 23 1/2hrs per day (and yes, that's possible, as I dream about them too).

gabosaurus
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh good, I enjoy being a trouble making rule breaker! :)

On a more serious note, I want to ask dmp how he is feeling now that he is back in the states.

darin
05-26-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm feeling weird. Changed - without trying to be melodramatic. I remember standing outside the hotel the first night I was back. I was looking over the city around me and thinking "these people - WE people have NO IDEA what living means. Our priorities are so f'd beyond reason. We have little idea what sacrifice or toughness (mental/emotional) means. There are hundreds of millions of people facing mortars and rockets and bombs at the hands of mostly islamic terrorists. I feel a bit sad, actually. Sad for our population who doesn't appreciate the freedom and security we enjoy. I'm also still sore. Wonder how long before mobility is completely restored. I feel honored for the opportunity to have served in some capacity in Iraq. A little let-down I didn't get to complete my tour; but I've learned to appreciate what I have given in 'service' - thankful to the taxpayers who support my efforts and provide for my family, based on my employment/service."

That's sorta how I feel, Gabs.

gabosaurus
05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Well, not exactly what I meant, but I can accept that.

Your answer reminds me of when I visited my great aunt while I was in Germany a few years ago. She asked me why Americans were so upset about the 9-11 attacks. Said that was daily life during "The War."
My great aunt was living in Dresden at the time. Look it up if you don't get the significance.

But yes, everything is relevant.

Abbey Marie
05-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Darin, your turn to ask... :salute:

SassyLady
05-29-2011, 01:13 AM
You broke all the rules - only one question allowed for starters... No "flaming" or starting trouble with members...

And I fantasize about boobies of all kinds about 23 1/2hrs per day (and yes, that's possible, as I dream about them too).

My question to Jim....

Do you fantasize about my boobies or my legs?

darin
05-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Darin, your turn to ask... :salute:

Sorry.

My question is to Sassy -

Do you feel mandatory military service would benefit the nation, why or why not? :)

PostmodernProphet
05-29-2011, 07:34 AM
My question to Jim....

do we have to choose?....

jimnyc
05-29-2011, 02:22 PM
My question to Jim....

I can't say with 100% certainty as I haven't seen either before, but I'm 99.99% sure it's the boobies! :coffee:

Sir Evil
05-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Sir Evil - how come you won't answer the phone when I call? Are you avoiding me, you filthy animal? (Ok, I know that's 2, I cheated)

Hmm, maybe I would of answered had I been on here more often and saw this post. Nah, still wouldn't answer.....:slap:

SassyLady
05-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Sorry.

My question is to Sassy -

Do you feel mandatory military service would benefit the nation, why or why not? :)

Yes. Do I feel that everyone would make a good soldier .. no. But some type of service would not only help the nation, but would help the individual learn life skills ... like cooperation, discipline, commitment, etc.

SassyLady
05-29-2011, 10:49 PM
I can't say with 100% certainty as I haven't seen either before, but I'm 99.99% sure it's the boobies! :coffee:

Well, knowing you ... I agree!

SassyLady
05-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Question for Abbey....have you ever found anyone on this board as crazy and psycho as Cheeky?

Abbey Marie
05-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Question for Abbey....have you ever found anyone on this board as crazy and psycho as Cheeky?

A couple of people do come to mind. But I am afraid that if I mention them, it will invoke their crazy-ass selves to reappear!

Abbey Marie
05-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Question for Gaffer: Whose posts do you most look forward to reading?

Gaffer
06-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Question for Gaffer: Whose posts do you most look forward to reading?

No individual. Just the responses in the various threads. Although lil acorn does put some great comments and interesting articles when he posts. I usually just hit the new posts button and start at the top.

SassyLady
06-02-2011, 03:53 AM
No individual. Just the responses in the various threads. Although lil acorn does put some great comments and interesting articles when he posts. I usually just hit the new posts button and start at the top.

I agree with you .... I like most of the posters here, but especially Acorn. Makes me think/look at things differently ... and Acorn says things very eloquently and effortlessly.

I, too, just start reading through all the new posts.

I will confess, though.....getting a thanks from you feels like a hug.

red states rule
06-02-2011, 03:58 AM
I agree with you .... I like most of the posters here, but especially Acorn. Makes me think/look at things differently ... and Acorn says things very eloquently and effortlessly.

I, too, just start reading through all the new posts.

Here is a hug from me to get your day started off right SL

darin
06-02-2011, 04:53 AM

Whereas getting a thanks from ME feels like somebody copped a feel?

:D

SassyLady
06-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Whereas getting a thanks from ME feels like somebody copped a feel?

No...a thanks from you feels like a butterfly kiss on my eyes or cheek.

SassyLady
06-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Here is a hug from me to get your day started off right SL

Love your hugs Red....makes me feel safe.

red states rule
06-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Love your hugs Red....makes me feel safe.

SL, you are the boards gentle ray of sunshine

SassyLady
06-03-2011, 03:06 AM
SL, you are the boards gentle ray of sunshine

:thanks:

SassyLady
06-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Question for Red....what is your favorite breed of cat and why?

darin
06-03-2011, 05:59 AM
No...a thanks from you feels like a butterfly kiss on my eyes or cheek.

mhm...was aiming lower...but...right.

red states rule
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Question for Red....what is your favorite breed of cat and why?

No real favorite SL. I am a sucker for a stray cat period. It does not matter what they look like

All my cats had the same thing in common that closed the deal for me.

They were homless, hungry, scared, and wanted someone to love them

SassyLady
06-04-2011, 12:02 AM

ummm...you belong to someone else and until then .... chaste, butterfly kisses on cheek will have to suffice. :cheers2:

SassyLady
06-04-2011, 12:05 AM
No real favorite SL. I am a sucker for a stray cat period. It does not matter what they look like

All my cats had the same thing in common that closed the deal for me.

They were homless, hungry, scared, and wanted someone to love them

Well, at least I know I have a place to go to if I become a stray. Would you offer a home to a homeless, hungry, bold cougar?

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Well, at least I know I have a place to go to if I become a stray. Would you offer a home to a homeless, hungry, bold cougar?

I would. Anything you would want, need, or desire

Especially desire

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 09:13 AM

Oh, I love kitties!!! Can I have one? :coffee:

Monkeybone
06-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Wow.. this thread has gone from questions to innuendos and hopeful questions that can be backed away from with "just joking"...

not that I am complaining :2up:. Will just go back to my fly on the wallness now.

Abbey Marie
06-06-2011, 04:09 PM
I was kinda hoping the questions would be serious. But we are a randy bunch. :laugh:

jimnyc
06-06-2011, 04:44 PM

Oh man, I read that quickly and thought you meant YOU were aimin... Nevermind, I'll get my head outta the gutter! :coffee:

jimnyc
06-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I was kinda hoping they questions would be serious. But we are a randy bunch. :laugh:

Oooooppppsss.... Just read this after my posts. Commence the spanking! :poke: :beer:

Sir Evil
06-06-2011, 05:35 PM
A question for homofrommaine - would you kindly fall down, bump your head, and have a bout of amnesia for the next twenty years or so?

red states rule
06-07-2011, 03:11 AM
I was kinda hoping the questions would be serious. But we are a randy bunch. :laugh:

Just think what it would be like if we were able to pull off A Debate Policy BBQ and we all got together for one afternoon/evening?

CSM
06-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Just think what it would be like if we were able to pull off A Debate Policy BBQ and we all got together for one afternoon/evening?

Hmmm ... I dunno. We would have to ban guns over .50 cal just to keep it civil.

hortysir
06-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Is it okay if I ask DMP what happened to shorten his tour and limit his mobility?
(my son's an Iraq war vet....3/4 Marines weapons)
:salute:

fj1200
06-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Is it okay if I ask DMP what happened to shorten his tour and limit his mobility?

Check out the last couple of threads he's started, it's in there. :)

darin
06-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Is it okay if I ask dmp what happened to shorten his tour and limit his mobility?

Sure thing! :) Glad you found your answer.

Here's a question for CSM - If you had the power to change one thing about today's military, what would you change?

Kathianne
06-08-2011, 09:53 AM

Here's a question for CSM - If you had the power to change one thing about today's military, what would you change?

I'm not CSM so this doesn't count, but I'd change the CIC.

Little-Acorn
06-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Hmmm ... I dunno. We would have to ban guns over .50 cal just to keep it civil.

Guns .50 cal and over are what keep it civil. :thumb:

CSM
06-08-2011, 01:22 PM

Well, someone already said CinC but that would not have been my first choice anyway. If I were emporer of the universe I would make it so that the military COULD NOT be deployed to ANY foreign country without a declaration of war by the CONGRESS. That entails a lot of details that are probably too long to list here but that would be the outcome.

My turn.

For Jimnyc: is there a way (other than an avatar or sig) that we could indicate vets that post ... maybe a little smiley next to the name or something?

CSM
06-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Guns .50 cal and over are what keep it civil. :thumb:

That's going to make for one heck of a BBQ!

hortysir
06-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Well, someone already said CinC but that would not have been my first choice anyway. If I were emporer of the universe I would make it so that the military COULD NOT be deployed to ANY foreign country without a declaration of war by the CONGRESS. That entails a lot of details that are probably too long to list here but that would be the outcome.

My turn.

For Jimnyc: is there a way (other than an avatar or sig) that we could indicate vets that post ... maybe a little smiley next to the name or something?

I've seen other boards that have little nations' flags next to the user-name.
Maybe a little branch-of-service icon???

Abbey Marie
06-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Question for Gunny: Do you watch NCIS, which stars a "Gunny"? If so, any similarities between you and Mark Harmon (be still my heart!).

jimnyc
06-29-2011, 08:54 AM

My apologies, I haven't kept up with this thread and had not noticed this request. I'm looking into a few options. My first option would be a way to add an image of sorts near the user name when you post that would acknowledge you as a Military Veteran. The problem is going to be adding it for certain users and not the entire board. I'll find something though...

And although you mention other than sig, what would be your thoughts on a custom image that would only apply to DP military veterans? Or maybe something like that if I can't find a way to make the user name image happen quickly?

I'll start a new thread in the lounge soon enough when I have a few ideas, so as not to derail this thread. I didn't want this to go unnoticed though and I think it's an awesome idea for honoring our vets!

ConHog
07-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Would this be the correct thread to ask JT why he is such a dick?

SassyLady
07-30-2011, 11:55 AM

Who cares?

ConHog
07-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Who cares?

Just a simple curiosity . It certainly won't affect my life if I never learn the answer.

Gaffer
07-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Does JT stand for Just Trollin?

SassyLady
07-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Just a simple curiosity . It certainly won't affect my life if I never learn the answer.

Well....I think it would be like when I'm watching Funniest Home Videos and see something gross...like a kid picking his nose ... you can never get that image out of your mind....knowing why JT is such a dick would be similar.

ConHog
07-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Well....I think it would be like when I'm watching Funniest Home Videos and see something gross...like a kid picking his nose ... you can never get that image out of your mind....knowing why JT is such a dick would be similar.

So JT makes you think of a booger.. That's fair....

Shadow
07-30-2011, 02:33 PM

He is not any more of a dick then several others I have seen on message boards (male and female). He just likes to push the envelope quite a bit. Sometimes his questions make me cringe...other times I agree with a lot of the things he says. Especially on topics like abortion and the feminism movement. I don't know...I guess I can overlook a lot of his over the top stuff...because I liked that he stuck it to a lot of the USMB posters (who were dicks in their own right) that no one else had the balls to go after because they were "pals".

ConHog
07-30-2011, 02:49 PM
He is not any more of a dick then several others I have seen on message boards (male and female). He just likes to push the envelope quite a bit. Sometimes his questions make me cringe...other times I agree with a lot of the things he says. Especially on topics like abortion and the feminism movement. I don't know...I guess I can overlook a lot of his over the top stuff...because I liked that he stuck it to a lot of the USMB posters (who were dicks in their own right) that no one else had the balls to go after because they were "pals".

Well, you know how I felt about the dickheads over at USMB, and yes most of them were pieces of shit, a few notable exceptions of course. And in actuality I have nothing strongly against JT I just like to call him a dick. :D

Shadow
07-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Well, you know how I felt about the dickheads over at USMB, and yes most of them were pieces of shit, a few notable exceptions of course. And in actuality I have nothing strongly against JT I just like to call him a dick. :D

LOL...No comment. ;)

Although...I do like folks that march to their own drummer...better... than the ones that just follow the herd. :beer:

ConHog
07-31-2011, 02:58 PM
LOL...No comment. ;)

Although...I do like folks that march to their own drummer...better... than the ones that just follow the herd. :beer:

Well, that board certainly was all about borg think.

Shadow
07-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Well, that board certainly was all about borg think.

It's all good...they always wanted it to be their own private playhouse. And now it is. More power to them. :thewave:

ConHog
07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
It's all good...they always wanted it to be their own private playhouse. And now it is. More power to them. :thewave:

Yep, seems like they have finally chased off non Borg members.Glad for them if that's what they wanted. Glad for them , if that's what they wanted.

Abbey Marie
01-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Kathianne, do you think the country will go back to the rule of law after the Obama administration, or once the the door has opened up to presidential power grabs, it will never again close?

Voted4Reagan
01-27-2013, 03:14 PM
nevermind, i'll get my head outta the gutter! :coffee:

run for your lives!!!! The world must be ending!!!!!!

Kathianne
01-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Kathianne, do you think the country will go back to the rule of law after the Obama administration, or once the the door has opened up to presidential power grabs, it will never again close?

Abbey, don't know why this thread was resurrected, but I do like your question.

I fear that the country has been successfully transformed into something that will be very different by 2016. Will there be a 'push' to revert to the features that kept us good for so long? Considering this last elections; the consistently illogical answers that the American people give to pollsters on a myriad of questions and policies? I think not.

I think there's many reasons to believe that whomever and whatever party holds most sway, they'll use and beef up the tactics being used today.

Rat
07-16-2015, 05:34 AM
Kathianne if you got free one week vacation anywhere in world where would you go?

Kathianne
07-16-2015, 06:11 AM
Kathianne if you got free one week vacation anywhere in world where would you go?

Tough question. My first answer would be England, I've always wanted to go. Then I figure I'd actually go to Chicago, spend more time with the kids, grandkids, and friends. Lucky for me, going 9 days in September, but not 'free.' ;)