PDA

View Full Version : 34 years ago today

Little-Acorn
05-25-2011, 05:23 PM
34 years ago today, on May 25, 1977, the first Star Wars movie ("Episode 4: A New Hope") was released.

And Han Solo did shoot first... as he should have. That scene has since been altered by wimps unknown in an attempt to kiss the asses of the politically correct.

Six years to the day after that, the third ("Episode 6, Return of the Jedi") was released.

KarlMarx
05-25-2011, 10:27 PM
34 years ago today, on May 25, 1977, the first Star Wars movie ("Episode 4: A New Hope") was released.

And Han Solo did shoot first... as he should have. That scene has since been altered by wimps unknown in an attempt to kiss the asses of the politically correct.

Six years to the day after that, the third ("Episode 6, Return of the Jedi") was released.

What was the reason for Star Wars' success? That's easy. There was an a well defined sense of good and evil in the narrative. People understand that.

I remember seeing Darth Vader for the very first time. That was the scene where he came through a hatch, stepping over blasted bodies and I remember thinking "this guy is really evil"... and he was.

Little-Acorn
05-26-2011, 11:48 AM
What was the reason for Star Wars' success? That's easy. There was an a well defined sense of good and evil in the narrative. People understand that.
And the good guys won.

And were likeable. Even screaming harpy Leia.

It was good prep for Empire, where the good guys got chopped up (sometimes literally) and barely got away with their skins.

I remember seeing Darth Vader for the very first time. That was the scene where he came through a hatch, stepping over blasted bodies and I remember thinking "this guy is really evil"... and he was.

Completely dressed in black, oversized Nazi helmet, face completely covered, flowing cape that concealed him, ignoring his own dead troops, ominous snake-hissing wherever he went... what was your first clue there was anything "bad" about the guy? :)

Only thing the writers missed was a long, black 'stache he could twirl in his fingers... probably left it out cuz of the mask anyway.

KarlMarx
05-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Did anyone notice that Darth Vader's mask looked like the face of death?

hjmick
05-27-2011, 08:24 AM
I saw Star Wars at Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

n0spam4me
05-27-2011, 09:04 PM
the struggle
of GOOD VS EVIL
continues in the form of the GOOD UNCLE SAM VS Radical Arabs

oh my ....

Can anyone PROVE, that is truly PROVE
that radical Arabs hijacked airliners and
crashed them into buildings causing the total destruction
of 3 skyscrapers & damage to the HQ of the worlds greatest military power. Meanwhile the Commander in Chief sat on his @$$ in a photo op,
after being told AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK ... Ya, right
& I believe in the Easter Bunny ...

NOT!

jimnyc
05-27-2011, 09:21 PM
the struggle
of GOOD VS EVIL
continues in the form of the GOOD UNCLE SAM VS Radical Arabs

oh my ....

Can anyone PROVE, that is truly PROVE
that radical Arabs hijacked airliners and
crashed them into buildings causing the total destruction
of 3 skyscrapers & damage to the HQ of the worlds greatest military power. Meanwhile the Commander in Chief sat on his @$$ in a photo op,
after being told AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK ... Ya, right
& I believe in the Easter Bunny ...

NOT!

That's 2 similar posts in 2 separate threads. Please remain on topic and start threads in the appropriate forums if you wish to discuss another topic.

Gaffer
05-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh goodie, another bucket head comes to hijack the thread.