PDA

View Full Version : Obama botches toast to the queen

red states rule
05-25-2011, 05:26 PM
First Obama thinks it is 2008 now this. He is a bigger embarrassment then usual to the US on this trip

Again, if this was Sarah Palin, or ANY Republican, this would be the lead story with the liberal media

The president and the orchestra at Buckingham Palace this evening were a bit out of synch.

When the president toasted the Queen the orchestra misunderstood a pause and what seemed to be a cue from the president for “God Save the Queen” to begin playing.

“Ladies and gentlemen please stand with me and raise your glasses as I propose a toast,” the president said, putting down his note cards and grabbing his glass. “To her majesty the Queen.”

The president paused, the guests stood, and the orchestra prepared to play.

But the president wasn’t done speaking.

“The vitality –“ the president said before the orchestra began.

Then the familiar tune – you might know it better as “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” – started up.

The president kept going: “ -- of the special relationship between our peoples and for the words of Shakespeare to this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,” the president said as the awkward moment played out.

The Queen looked ahead as the UK anthem played.

“To the Queen,” the president finally said.

He lifted his glass to her, she smiled a bit uncomfortably.

But because the song was playing, no one drank from his or her glass, including the president, who put his glass down on the table.

Then once the song was over, everyone raised a glass.

It almost felt like one of those moments at the Academy Awards when the speech from the recipient for Best Original Screenplay goes on too long and the orchestra tries to hustle him or her off the stage.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/awkward-moment-during-obama-toast-to-queen-.html

05-25-2011, 05:29 PM
It's a shame because his mistake reflects on all of us, not just him.

red states rule
05-25-2011, 05:33 PM
It's a shame because his mistake reflects on all of us, not just him.

As I said, Obama is a bigger embarrassment then he usually is. First he thinks it is 2008 and now this

I bet MSNBC will not mention either story BTW

red states rule
05-25-2011, 05:46 PM
and before any lib tries to say it did not happen

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7ZCsfyaOGdw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gaffer
05-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Good thing he's not my president. I think biden is rubbing off on him.

maineman
05-25-2011, 07:45 PM
it's Obama's fault the band started playing early?

whatever.:laugh2:

Trigg
05-25-2011, 08:16 PM

Where is it ok to continue yammering on during OUR National Anthem??

No matter who's "fault" it was, he should have stopped talking during God Save the Queen.

His protocol department should be fired. Either they're doing a shitty job or he thinks he's above everyone else, pick one.

Thunderknuckles
05-25-2011, 08:20 PM
What I heard on the radio today was the band was to begin playing at the end of the toast when he raises his glass and says something like "To the Queen". The problem was that he started off with that line and the band started prematurely.

I don't know if that's true or not but it sounds like a plausible explanation.

maineman
05-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Where is it ok to continue yammering on during OUR National Anthem??

No matter who's "fault" it was, he should have stopped talking during God Save the Queen.

His protocol department should be fired. Either they're doing a shitty job or he thinks he's above everyone else, pick one.

the queen should fire the bandleader.

Trigg
05-25-2011, 08:27 PM
the queen should fire the bandleader.

you obviously didn't watch any of the tapes.

I'm not even saying it was a huge gaff, but he should have stopped speaking when God Save the Queen started playing. The Queen, and everyone else, was clearly embarrassed for him in the video. He clearly did not follow protocol.

Again, it's never ok to continue yammering on during a National Anthem.

maineman
05-25-2011, 08:37 PM
you obviously didn't watch any of the tapes.

I'm not even saying it was a huge gaff, but he should have stopped speaking when God Save the Queen started playing. The Queen, and everyone else, was clearly embarrassed for him in the video. He clearly did not follow protocol.

Again, it's never ok to continue yammering on during a National Anthem.

you perhaps should save your mindreading for someone else. I did watch the tapes and, imho, the queen should fire the bandleader for starting to play while the president of the united states was still speaking. I understand that you disagree... you clearly feel that anyone should be able to interrupt Obama whenever they want.... he isn't YOUR president, anyway, is he? He's probably not even a real american and he's probably a muslim so why should anyone offer him any respect. I understand completely.

Trigg
05-25-2011, 08:46 PM
you perhaps should save your mindreading for someone else. I did watch the tapes and, imho, the queen should fire the bandleader for starting to play while the president of the united states was still speaking. I understand that you disagree... you clearly feel that anyone should be able to interrupt Obama whenever they want.... he isn't YOUR president, anyway, is he? He's probably not even a real american and he's probably a muslim so why should anyone offer him any respect. I understand completely.

Oh my god, you are clearly so far up his ass that you're not even bothing to read what anyone posts anymore.

Did you happen to notice that NO ONE picked up their glass EXCEPT bambam?????????????????????????????? In fact if you look closely Camilla seems to look behind him to the Queen to see if she is going to even stand.

That should have been his first clue that something was amiss.

maineman
05-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Oh my god, you are clearly so far up his ass that you're not even bothing to read what anyone posts anymore.

Did you happen to notice that NO ONE picked up their glass EXCEPT bambam?????????????????????????????? In fact if you look closely Camilla seems to look behind him to the Queen to see if she is going to even stand.

That should have been his first clue that something was amiss.

As I said, I watched the tape and the queen should fire the bandleader who started playing while the president of the united states was talking. Clearly, you don't think that he deserves that simple level of respect. I got it.

red states rule
05-25-2011, 09:38 PM

and I guess it was the pens fault when Obama wrote it was 2008 :laugh2:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?31291-Obama-Has-No-Idea-What-Year-It-Is

red states rule
05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
As I said, I watched the tape and the queen should fire the bandleader who started playing while the president of the united states was talking. Clearly, you don't think that he deserves that simple level of respect. I got it.

I always thought respect was earned

But that must only apply to non Democrats in your world

Missileman
05-25-2011, 09:40 PM
and I guess it was the pens fault when Obama wrote it was 2008 :laugh2:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?31291-Obama-Has-No-Idea-What-Year-It-Is

:laugh2:

red states rule
05-25-2011, 09:42 PM
:laugh2:

Missleman, Obam's thinking it was 2008 is a great example as to why he hates to do anything without his teleprompter

Thunderknuckles
05-25-2011, 09:49 PM

C'mon Red, you know that doesn't apply here. You show respect for the leaders of friendly nations even though you may not think very much of them personally. Just sayin'

Missileman
05-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Missleman, Obam's thinking it was 2008 is a great example as to why he hates to do anything without his teleprompter

I can't recall another public figure who is so totally lost without someone or something telling him what to say. Well...there was this guy called Charlie McArthy.

red states rule
05-25-2011, 09:52 PM
I can't recall another public figure who is so totally lost without someone or something telling him what to say. Well...there was this guy called Charlie McArthy.

Obama has that covered

He wears the pants in his family. As soon as Michelle tells him which pair to put on in the morning

red states rule
05-25-2011, 09:53 PM
C'mon Red, you know that doesn't apply here. You show respect for the leaders of friendly nations even though you may not think very much of them personally. Just sayin'

I do respect the office Thunderknuckles. that is why I am so sad over how Obama is embarrassing it on a daily basis

Missileman
05-25-2011, 09:55 PM

With the total lack of respect Obama shows anyone who opposes any of his policies, I'd say it was a big ol batch of karma if it was indeed the bandleader being disrespectful. In this particular case though, the Chicago thug was out of his normal etiquette environment and made himself look like an ass.

red states rule
05-25-2011, 09:57 PM
With the total lack of respect Obama shows anyone who opposes any of his policies, I'd say it was a big ol batch of karma if it was indeed the bandleader being disrespectful. In this particular case though, the Chicago thug was out of his normal etiquette environment and made himself look like an ass.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Missileman again

red states rule
05-25-2011, 09:59 PM

Obama should stick to bowing and keep his mouth shut

hjmick
05-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Obama fucked up a toast? Shit, he could fuck up a wet dream...

red states rule
05-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Obama fucked up a toast? Shit, he could fuck up a wet dream...

He makes jummy Carter look like political and economic genius

05-25-2011, 10:27 PM

Very true. But when has Obama been friendly to the British?

He made the mistake. He's made alot of mistakes this trip. And it doesnt make him look bad, it makes us look bad.

red states rule
05-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Very true. But when has Obama been friendly to the British?

He made the mistake. He's made alot of mistakes this trip. And it doesnt make him look bad, it makes us look bad.

and here is a list of Obama's mistakes toward GB

1. Siding with Argentina over the Falklands

2. Calling France America’s strongest ally

3. Downgrading the Special Relationship

4. Supporting a federal Europe and undercutting British sovereignty

5. Betraying Britain to appease Moscow over the New START Treaty

6. Placing a “boot on the throat” of BP

7. Throwing Churchill out of the Oval Office

8. DVDs for the Prime Minister

9. Insulting words from the State Department

10. Undermining British influence in NATO

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100088961/barack-obama-top-ten-insults-against-britain-2011-edition/

maineman
05-25-2011, 10:35 PM

But that must only apply to non Democrats in your world

actually... I think that the office of the president of the united states deserves respect in and of itself. especially overseas.... but, I guess, as far as you're concerned, that office does not rate that level of respect when black muslims from kenya occupy it. I understand your position completely.

red states rule
05-25-2011, 10:37 PM
actually... I think that the office of the president of the united states deserves respect in and of itself. especially overseas.... but, I guess, as far as you're concerned, that office does not rate that level of respect when black muslims from kenya occupy it. I understand your position completely.

Now the devoted liberal plays the race card

What a surprise

red states rule
05-25-2011, 10:40 PM
BTW, MM was it the pens fault Obama wrote the wrong year in the Guest Book?

Yes or no

I'll wait

05-25-2011, 10:43 PM

I didn't take you for a birther. Sorry that you are caught up in that nonsense.

red states rule
05-25-2011, 10:44 PM

He must be racist :laugh2:

maineman
05-25-2011, 11:01 PM
BTW, MM was it the pens fault Obama wrote the wrong year in the Guest Book?

Yes or no

I'll wait

the PEN'S fault.

no.

I write the wrong year in my checkbook EVERY year for at least a month of two... it is certainly MY fault and not my PEN'S fault.

hardly an impeachable offense:laugh2:

red states rule
05-25-2011, 11:02 PM
the PEN'S fault.

no.

I write the wrong year in my checkbook EVERY year for at least a month of two... it is certainly MY fault and not my PEN'S fault.

hardly an impeachable offense:laugh2:

You are off on the year by THREE years?

You must bounce alot of checks :laugh2:

maineman
05-25-2011, 11:02 PM

sarcasm is hard for some folks to grasp. I understand.

red states rule
05-25-2011, 11:04 PM

We understand MM

You opened your mouth and inserted your foot :laugh2:

maineman
05-25-2011, 11:07 PM
We understand MM

You opened your mouth and inserted your foot

cuz you really think that I am a birther?

got it.

red states rule
05-25-2011, 11:14 PM
No we know why Obama was not invited to the Royal wedding

05-25-2011, 11:58 PM

Well, you clearly didn't get it. So yeah it is.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 12:12 AM

He may have distracted and not caught the sarcasm due to balancing his checkbook after dating recent checks 2008 :laugh2:

maineman
05-26-2011, 05:30 AM

clearly? really?

let me restate: I think that the bandleader fucked up. I think the queen should fire a guy who had his band begin to play while the president of the united states was speaking. clearly, those folks here - like you and your pal red - are so grooved into this constant Obama gotcha thinking that you would ignore the lack of respect shown to our president simply because you don't happen to like him.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 05:32 AM
clearly? really?

let me restate: I think that the bandleader fucked up. I think the queen should fire a guy who had his band begin to play while the president of the united states was speaking. clearly, those folks here - like you and your pal red - are so grooved into this constant Obama gotcha thinking that you would ignore the lack of respect shown to our president simply because you don't happen to like him.

and Obama's pen made him write a year three years off

But hey Obama probably was taught his manners from Jeremiah Wright

BTW MM you forgot to say the bandleader was a racist

Make sure you cover all the excuses on behalf of Obama

maineman
05-26-2011, 05:40 AM
and Obama's pen made him write a year three years off

But hey Obama probably was taught his manners from Jeremiah Wright

BTW MM you forgot to say the bandleader was a racist

Make sure you cover all the excuses on behalf of Obama

my statement had to do with the bandleader. I don't think he was a racist... I think he simply started the band playing too soon. Bandleaders who do that to world leaders need to get a new gig.

you clearly don't think there is anything wrong with interrupting the president, and I think that has more to do with your opinion of this president than the situation itself.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 05:42 AM
my statement had to do with the bandleader. I don't think he was a racist... I think he simply started the band playing too soon. Bandleaders who do that to world leaders need to get a new gig.

you clearly don't think there is anything wrong with interrupting the president, and I think that has more to do with your opinion of this president than the situation itself.

Solution would be for Obama to stick to bowing like he did with the Saudi royalty and the Japanese

Now if Pres Bush would have done this I am damn sure you would be singing a different tune

maineman
05-26-2011, 05:44 AM
Solution would be for Obama to stick to bowing like he did with the Saudi royalty and the Japanese

Now if Pres Bush would have done this I am damn sure you would be singing a different tune

so you are saying that our president should NOT have offered a toast to the queen on england?

got it.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 05:46 AM
so you are saying that our president should NOT have offered a toast to the queen on england?

got it.

Obam was on a roll on this trip MM

First the limo, then the date, and finally the toast

He showed the folks over there he is in way over his head like we all know all too well over here

maineman
05-26-2011, 05:51 AM
it was a simple question: do you believe that the president of the united states should NOT have given a toast to the queen.

yes or no.

I'll wait.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 05:55 AM
it was a simple question: do you believe that the president of the united states should NOT have given a toast to the queen.

yes or no.

I'll wait.

Protocol requires the toastmaster to wait until after “God Save the Queen” plays and then begin the toast.

Your lesson is finished MM

Class dismissed

maineman
05-26-2011, 06:01 AM
Protocol requires the toastmaster to wait until after “God Save the Queen” plays and then begin the toast.

Your lesson is finished MM

Class dismissed

actually, protocol requires the bandleader to wait until the POTUS is done speaking before beginning to play.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 06:04 AM
actually, protocol requires the bandleader to wait until the POTUS is done speaking before beginning to play.

So now YOU know more about protocal then they do?

I guess you need a refresher course in protocal MM

The president paused, the guests stood, and the orchestra prepared to play.

But the president wasn’t done speaking.

“The vitality –“ the president said before the orchestra began.

Then the familiar tune – you might know it better as “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” – started up.

The president kept going: “ -- of the special relationship between our peoples and for the words of Shakespeare to this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,” the president said as the awkward moment played out.

The Queen looked ahead as the UK anthem played.

“To the Queen,” the president finally said.

He lifted his glass to her, she smiled a bit uncomfortably.

But because the song was playing, no one drank from his or her glass, including the president, who put his glass down on the table.

Then once the song was over, everyone raised a glass.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/awkward-moment-during-obama-toast-to-queen-.html

Again, class dismissed

maineman
05-26-2011, 06:21 AM
not only do I know more about protocol than you, I know how to SPELL protocol better than you.

:lol:

your own post says:

"But the president wasn’t done speaking."

when the president is DONE speaking, the bandleader starts.... not until.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 06:23 AM
not only do I know more about protocol than you, I know how to SPELL protocol better than you.

:lol

your own post says:

"But the president wasn’t done speaking."

when the president is DONE speaking, the bandleader starts.... not until.

You are what is known as a "troubled student"

One more time MM - cut your losses and give it up

Obama began the toast by saying, “To the Queen,” which was the protocol cue to the orchestra to play, “God Save the Queen.” Instead of then waiting for them to finish playing the song, Obama just kept right on talking over “God Save the Queen,” and even got to the point of raising his glass for the toast – But no one moved, because they were waiting for the song to conclude in honor of the Queen! Obama then realized what he had done, put his glass down to wait for the end of the song, and then concluded the toast.

I actually feel sorry for him.

http://freedomslighthouse.net/2011/05/24/president-obama-blows-the-toast-to-the-queen-video-52411/

While the writer may feel sorry for Obama I do not. The man is a boob

maineman
05-26-2011, 06:27 AM
the cue to the bandleader was when the president was done offering his toast...not until.

all that was required was a bandleader who was attentive. this one clearly was not.

"protocal" :LOL:

red states rule
05-26-2011, 06:33 AM
the cue to the bandleader was when the president was done offering his toast...not until.

all that was required was a bandleader who was attentive. this one clearly was not.

Once again I forgot your" intellectual superiority". The people in attendance were waiting for the band to finish but not Obama. I guess you and Obama know more then the people standing and waiting like they were taught

The real mistake was they didn't provide Obama his teleprompter to guide him through such a complicated task like a toast to the Queen

Damn that bandleader. Damn that pen. Damn that limo.

Nothing goes right for the manchild President named Obama

maineman
05-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Once again I forgot your" intellectual superiority". The people in attendance were waiting for the band to finish but not Obama. I guess you and Obama know more then the people standing and waiting like they were taught

The real mistake was they didn't provide Obama his teleprompter to guide him through such a complicated task like a toast to the Queen

Damn that bandleader. Damn that pen. Damn that limo.

Nothing goes right for the manchild President named Obama

intellectual superiority? perhaps. but there is no doubt I can spell better than you can. :lol:

should Obama have stopped talking when the band started playing? yes.... did he? yes, after realizing that the bandleader was not going to stop playing as the band leader ought to have done.

the POTUS was speaking. bandleaders are not supposed to start playing while POTUS is speaking. period.

the fact that you can't bring yourself to admit that is really sad.

your irrational hatred for the muslim negro from kenya knows no bounds.

pity really.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 06:42 AM
should Obama have stopped talking when the band started playing? yes.... did he? yes, after realizing that the bandleader was not going to stop playing as the band leader ought to have done.

the POTUS was speaking. bandleaders are not supposed to start playing while POTUS is speaking. period.

the fact that you can't bring yourself to admit that is really sad.

your irrational hatred for the muslim negro from kenya knows no bounds.

pity really.

As usual you are desperate to defend Obama yoiu even play the race card

All my sources state

Yesterday President Obama began a toast to the Queen at the wrong time as a result “God Save The Queen” was playing during his toast. Protocol states that the toast is to be given after “God Save the Queen” is played.

http://protocol411.com/social-etiquette/obamas-mishap-when-toasting-the-queen/

You and Obama need a course in protocol MM

Allow me to help

http://www.forajulproductions.com/index.html

Missileman
05-26-2011, 06:47 AM

So England is supposed to hire psychic bandleaders? The bandleader is supposed to "know" when the toaster is finished? FYI, the toast is supposed to conclude with "to the Queen" .

red states rule
05-26-2011, 06:48 AM
So England is supposed to hire psychic bandleaders? The bandleader is supposed to "know" when the toaster is finished? FYI, the toast is supposed to conclude with "to the Queen" .

Oh you racist birther you!! :laugh2:

maineman
05-26-2011, 06:51 AM

psychic? of course not.

aware? absolutely.

the bandleader reminded me of one of the little kids in my church. Every time anyone stopped to take a breath, the child used that opportunity to jump in and start talking about what THEY wanted to talk about. :lol:

red states rule
05-26-2011, 06:53 AM
psychic? of course not.

aware? absolutely.

the bandleader reminded me of one of the little kids in my church. Every time anyone stopped to take a breath, the child used that opportunity to jump in and start talking about what THEY wanted to talk about. :lol:

No know you attack the bandleader in defense of President Botch

Sad - very sad

This is what happens when a “community organizer” is hired as President of the US

maineman
05-26-2011, 07:02 AM
No know you attack the bandleader in defense of President Botch

Sad - very sad

This is what happens when a “community organizer” is hired as Presient of the US

the fact remains... the bandleader had the orchestra begin playing while the POTUS was still speaking. you think that is appropriate behavior for a bandleader.

that says all that needs to be said.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 07:04 AM
the fact remains... the bandleader had the orchestra begin playing while the POTUS was still speaking. you think that is appropriate behavior for a bandleader.

I have provided several links to back up my post - do you have a link on your version of Protocol?

Or do you expect us to take your word for it?

maineman
05-26-2011, 07:07 AM
the loyal toast is FOLLOWED by God Save the Queen...not preceded by it.

that is common knowledge.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 07:09 AM
the loyal toast is FOLLOWED by God Save the Queen...not preceded by it.

that is common knowledge.

THAT is your link?

As usual you are unable to back up your BS.

You are right MM- time to move on

Missileman
05-26-2011, 07:14 AM

The POTUS began his toast with the conclusion, the bandleader responded appropriately to his cue...now nuff said.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 07:16 AM
The POTUS began his toast with the conclusion, the bandleader responded appropriately to his cue...now nuff said.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Missileman again.

Damn, I will get to you as soon as I can

maineman
05-26-2011, 07:24 AM
THAT is your link?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyal_toast

Members of the Royal Family neither participate in nor respond to the Loyal Toast, and the honour may be followed by a playing of "God Save the Queen"

red states rule
05-26-2011, 07:27 AM

Members of the Royal Family neither participate in nor respond to the Loyal Toast, and the honour may be followed by a playing of "God Save the Queen"

Reminds me of OCA using the same source to back up his claim of Pres Botch's "shitload of economic expierence"

Oh well MM, desperate people like you are forced to do desperate things

But you do provide almost as much comedy as Pres Botch :laugh2:

Missileman
05-26-2011, 07:30 AM

You forgot this part:

the Loyal Toast is most commonly composed solely of the words "ladies and gentlemen, the Queen,"

red states rule
05-26-2011, 07:31 AM
You forgot this part:

He did not forget it.

He ignored it

maineman
05-26-2011, 07:32 AM
You forgot this part:

I didn't forget it at all. the link clearly states that other words may follow and, upon COMPLETION of the toast, the band plays.

sorry.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 07:35 AM
I didn't forget it at all. the link clearly states that other words may follow and, upon COMPLETION of the toast, the band plays.

sorry.

Translation: MM is right and ABC News and everyoine else is wrong

Bunch of damn racist birthers

Missileman
05-26-2011, 07:38 AM

sorry.

It clearly states:

may be elaborated with mention of the monarch's position as head of a particular state

I didn't read anything in the article that suggested anything beyond that...if I missed it, please point it out.

maineman
05-26-2011, 07:42 AM
if one wants to get "technical" about it, the toast to the queen is supposed to be the FIRST toast given, and, therefore, the queen herself screwed up by toasting POTUS first. I doubt anyone would make a big deal about that, however.... unlike Obama, she wasn't a muslim negro from kenya :lol:

Missileman
05-26-2011, 07:46 AM
if one wants to get "technical" about it, the toast to the queen is supposed to be the FIRST toast given, and, therefore, the queen herself screwed up by toasting POTUS first. I doubt anyone would make a big deal about that, however.... unlike Obama, she wasn't a muslim negro from kenya :lol:

So when faced with defeat on the merits of the argument you resort to accusations of racism...go figure.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 07:51 AM

No, if you want to get technical about it, President Botch did what he does best

He botched the toast

And you being proven worng do what most Obama drones do - you attack the person who is correct about Pres Bothc's screwup as a racist

red states rule
05-26-2011, 07:51 AM
So when faced with defeat on the merits of the argument you resort to accusations of racism...go figure.

You have a frim grasp on the obvious sir

maineman
05-26-2011, 07:56 AM

merits?

the fact remains... the queen toasted when she should not have... the band started playing when it should not have... obama kept talking for a bit, then let the band play... as he should have...

but, with all the really important shit in the world, you Obama haters want to talk about a toast.

you SHOULD be worried about the fact that Obama's approval rating is still high and that he beats every potential contender in head to head polling... you SHOULD be worried about the fact that your "front runner" is a mormon who passed Obamacare in Massachusetts... you SHOULD be worried about middle east peace and the fallout from the arab spring and any number of REAL issues... but hey, let's keep talking about a toast. good plan. :lol:

red states rule
05-26-2011, 08:00 AM
merits?

the fact remains... the queen toasted when she should not have... the band started playing when it should not have... obama kept talking for a bit, then let the band play... as he should have...

but, with all the really important shit in the world, you Obama haters want to talk about a toast.

you SHOULD be worried about the fact that Obama's approval rating is still high and that he beats every potential contender in head to head polling... you SHOULD be worried about the fact that your "front runner" is a mormon who passed Obamacare in Massachusetts... you SHOULD be worried about middle east peace and the fallout from the arab spring and any number of REAL issues... but hey, let's keep talking about a toast. good plan. :lol:

Now you are changing the subject

You have been beaten and humilated

Most people are worried about the damage Obama has done to the country - some like you - could not care less because they are more worried about their political party more then their country

Missileman
05-26-2011, 08:04 AM
merits?

ROFL...you were soundly beaten on the merits of the argument, using facts from your own source, and now, after accusations of racism didn't really help your cause, you'd prefer to change the subject.

:slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::s lap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::sla p::slap::slap::slap::slap::salute:

red states rule
05-26-2011, 08:08 AM
ROFL...you were soundly beaten on the merits of the argument, using facts from your own source, and now, after accusations of racism didn't really help your cause, you'd prefer to change the subject.

:slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::s lap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::sla p::slap::slap::slap::slap::salute:

It has been awhile but MM is still the same ol' MM and has not changed one bit :laugh2:

maineman
05-26-2011, 08:11 AM

my own source clearly states that the music is played at the conclusion of the toast. my source clearly states that the toast is not mandated to be only a few words. my own source clearly states that the queen was out of order by toasting POTUS first.

but again... is this really something that needs to be discussed on into the midmorning? :lol:

Missileman
05-26-2011, 08:14 AM
my own source clearly states that the music is played at the conclusion of the toast. my source clearly states that the toast is not mandated to be only a few words. my own source clearly states that the queen was out of order by toasting POTUS first.

but again... is this really something that needs to be discussed on into the midmorning? :lol:

You suffer from selective reading disorder.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 08:15 AM

So your soures are better then the actual video of Pres Botch botching the toast?

maineman
05-26-2011, 08:16 AM
So your soures are better then the actual video of Pres Botch botching the toast?

the actual video shows the bandleader beginning to play before the POTUS was done with his remarks. that's pretty clear. :lol:

Missileman
05-26-2011, 08:18 AM
the actual video shows the bandleader beginning to play before the POTUS was done with his remarks. that's pretty clear. :lol:

The video actually shows the POTUS running his mouth AFTER the end of the toast. That's perfectly clear.

red states rule
05-26-2011, 08:19 AM
The video actually shows the POTUS running his mouth AFTER the end of the toast. That's perfectly clear.

It is for anyone with decent vision and not clouded by political loyality

Trigg
05-27-2011, 03:42 PM
It is for anyone with decent vision and not clouded by political loyality

MM can't help it, it's hard to think clearly with his head stuffed so far up bambam's ass.

It's funny that MM can't even admit that bambam screwed up. It isn't even a huge screw up IMHO, but to people like MM, bambam can do no wrong. I find that hilarious.

red states rule
05-27-2011, 03:44 PM
MM can't help it, it's hard to think clearly with his head stuffed so far up bambam's ass.

It's funny that MM can't even admit that bambam screwed up. It isn't even a huge screw up IMHO, but to people like MM, bambam can do no wrong. I find that hilarious.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trigg again.

I will get to you when I can Trigg

MM not only drinks the Obama Kool Aide he bathes in it and would drink Pres Botch's bath water if given the chance