PDA

View Full Version : No One May Lecture Obama

BoogyMan
05-26-2011, 10:03 AM
The liberals must have seen a different discussion than I did. Netanyahu spoke to Obama much more calmly and kindly than I would have. I guess Obama is above being shown the error of his ways in the eyes of his disciples. Bozell does a great job of exposing the lapdog media hypocrisy in this article.

Link (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-bozell/2011/05/24/bozell-column-no-one-may-lecture-obama)

When Barack Obama replaced George Bush, there was unbridled joy among the elites. The days of "cowboy diplomacy" were over! Finally, we had a president who was a careful multi-lateralist, who wouldn't rudely impose his will, but would instead work with allies to build consensus.

But that's not what Obama delivered with Israel last week, is it? Obama went to the State Department and insisted Israel needed to stop its "unsustainable" policy toward the Palestinians and "boldly" retreat behind pre-1967 borders. A stunned Benjamin Netanyahu responded as any ally would if so roundly betrayed. He publicly – correctly – denounced Obama’s policy prescription.

Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic magazine (and website) posted an item on May 20 headlined: "Dear Mr. Netanyahu, Please Don't Speak to My President That Way." Netanyahu, he wrote, threw a "hissy fit." That pretty much encapsulated the American media’s reaction. "Cowboy diplomacy" is just fine from time to time – if the man in the saddle is Obama.

darin
05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm convinced Netanyahu would make a FAR (as in, Galactic distances) better president to the USA than Mr. Obama; who is clearly, or should be clear to reasonable people, over his head.