PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Cookout Will Cost You 29% More

red states rule
05-28-2011, 09:04 AM
If you are thinking about firing up the grill this weekend will cost you alot more this year

Thanks to President Bungle and his economic policies, you will pay about 29% more this year

The kabobs aren't the only things getting skewered at this year's Memorial Day barbecue.

Hosts of the traditional holiday backyard cookout -- even a budget affair -- can expect to shell out an extra $45 for the fixings to serve a dozen.

The souped-up total comes to $199, about 29 percent more than it cost last year -- and that doesn't include soda, beer or booze.

According to the latest inflation data for metro New York, food cost hikes are popping up just in time to spoil the annual holiday that marks the start of summer and salutes fallen heroes who helped make America the land of plenty.

Gasoline's 44 percent hike at the pumps this past year, along with similar diesel spikes, are squeezing industries and agriculture equally, said regional economist Martin Kohli of the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/that_cookout_will_cost_you_more_0yGVQBcSMrJ2lOMYnD WOnO#ixzz1NeipkNAM

fj1200
05-28-2011, 02:13 PM
It's mostly the Federal Reserves fault.

red states rule
05-28-2011, 02:14 PM
It's mostly the Federal Reserves fault.

I consider Pres Bungle, the deficits and spending, his economic and energy polices for the situation we are in

fj1200
05-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Don't get me wrong they don't help but money supply is the Feds arena.

red states rule
05-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Don't get me wrong they don't help but money supply is the Feds arena.

True, But the inflation is from the record spending and deficits. and Pres Bungle is adding to the problem everyday

fj1200
05-28-2011, 11:51 PM
True, But the inflation is from the record spending and deficits. and Pres Bungle is adding to the problem everyday

Inflation is from too much money chasing too few goods, spending and deficits are a separate issue. Commodity prices have been rising for years through the '00s, hiatus after '08, but quickly got back on track when the economy stabilized. Higher taxes and regulatory burdens do hold down economic growth and the velocity of money but it comes down to Fed failure.

Don't get me wrong BO sucks and his policies do too and we do need a Reagan revival but I don't blame the spending, I blame the lack of economic growth.

SassyLady
05-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Good time to plant your own garden and/or go on a diet.

red states rule
05-29-2011, 05:32 AM
Good time to plant your own garden and/or go on a diet.

Have you been listening to Michelle SL?

I tned to think it is time to keep the Tea Party fired up, the pressure on, and clean out DC again in the next election

red states rule
05-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Inflation is from too much money chasing too few goods, spending and deficits are a separate issue. Commodity prices have been rising for years through the '00s, hiatus after '08, but quickly got back on track when the economy stabilized. Higher taxes and regulatory burdens do hold down economic growth and the velocity of money but it comes down to Fed failure.

Don't get me wrong BO sucks and his policies do too and we do need a Reagan revival but I don't blame the spending, I blame the lack of economic growth.

It is beauase the spedning is causing the economic growth to tank.

It is money that has been sucked out of the private sector and spent of BS that could not possibly cause economic growth.

Look at the total waste the "stimulus" plan was. Dems should have taken that trillion dollars and held a bonfire on the Mall. the results would have been the same

fj1200
05-29-2011, 09:35 AM
^Only your second point relates to the topic IMO and remotely at that... not that I disagree with your point about stimulus.

Only government spending that equates to monetizing the debt would directly lead to inflation and that's not what the US does.

red states rule
05-29-2011, 10:11 AM
^Only your second point relates to the topic IMO and remotely at that... not that I disagree with your point about stimulus.

Only government spending that equates to monetizing the debt would directly lead to inflation and that's not what the US does.

I keep asking my liberal friends and co-workers what Obama has done to improve the ecoomy

They quickly try to talk about Bush and/or who might run against Obama

The point is, Pres Bungle owns this economy. His policies are the reason inflation is coming back, and why we may be looking at a double dip recession

As far as the "stimulus" it was sold as providing all those shovel ready jobs, fixes roads/bridges, and putting people to work

What it really was pork, and a slush fund to keep public sector union workers on the payroll. Now the money has run out and we are right back where we started

fj1200
05-29-2011, 02:05 PM
His policies are the reason inflation is coming back...

No, but I don't want to get in the middle of your rant.

red states rule
05-30-2011, 07:25 AM
No, but I don't want to get in the middle of your rant.

So it is a rant to point out the results of Oabma's policies?

fj1200
05-30-2011, 07:50 AM
So it is a rant to point out the results of Oabma's policies?

No, it is a rant when it's off topic.

red states rule
05-30-2011, 07:54 AM
No, it is a rant when it's off topic.

How is it off topic when the topic is the cost of goods and services are going up - and I point out the reasons?

I want to give Obama all the credit he deserves when warrented

fj1200
05-30-2011, 07:59 AM
How is it off topic when the topic is the cost of goods and services are going up - and I point out the reasons?

I want to give Obama all the credit he deserves when warrented

Which I disputed, correlation is not causation. Who will run against BO is completely unrelated.

red states rule
05-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Which I disputed, correlation is not causation. Who will run against BO is completely unrelated.

Everything Obama has done has laid the foundation for the bad econmy we now have

Spending, deficits, drilling ban, and tax increases. All of those are causing prices to rise

fj1200
05-30-2011, 08:05 AM
^So you think. What was causing commodity prices to rise up until 2008?