PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin gets it right

red states rule
05-31-2011, 02:41 AM
Well, to be fair to Pres Botch - he was only repeating what his teleprompter told him to say

Just when you thought the Republican presidential field was getting set, up pops the most mischievous force in American politics, Sarah Palin. The former Alaska governor — the real deal this time, not actress Julianne Moore channeling her for the filming in Maryland of the movie "Game Change" — dropped by Ft. McHenry on Monday in a non-campaign stop in her non-campaign bus on her (wink wink) non-campaign tour of the East Coast, which ends, in what must be pure coincidence, in the first primary state, New Hampshire.

While in Baltimore, according to a Los Angeles Times reporter who was able to keep up despite the lack of a public schedule, Ms. Palin read a manuscript of the "Star Spangled Banner;" hoisted a 36-pound cannon ball; briefly upbraided President Obama for referring to the U.S. Military during a Memorial Day observance as "one of the finest fighting forces in the world," as opposed to the finest; and in a particularly mavericky touch, paid a compliment to another non-candidate governor, Rick Perry of Texas.

All this action from the Fox News commentator, plus her recent purchase of a home in Arizona, which could be a perch in the Lower 48 from which to launch a presidential run, has delighted all ends of the political spectrum. In fact, it's hard to tell who's more excited, Governor Palin's many fans or the Democrats who think she'd be easy to beat.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-palin-20110531,0,5953538.story

maineman
05-31-2011, 06:01 AM
"In fact, it's hard to tell who's more excited, Governor Palin's many fans or the Democrats who think she'd be easy to beat."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

SassyLady
06-01-2011, 01:50 AM
"In fact, it's hard to tell who's more excited, Governor Palin's many fans or the Democrats who think she'd be easy to beat."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

How unbiased are these polls? What was the question asked? Was it "Will Obama win" or was it "Who would you vote for"?

Unless the context of the question is given, the numbers mean nothing to me.

NightTrain
06-01-2011, 03:32 AM
I still think it's vastly amusing to see the Libs proclaiming she doesn't scare them, producing poll after poll tracking her popularity and working themselves into a frenzy trying to figure out what she's going to do.

red states rule
06-01-2011, 03:35 AM

I remember reading the same thing about candidate Reagan :laugh2:

It will be interesting to see Obama run on his record. But I am sure he will take a page from your debate book and avoid that topic

red states rule
06-01-2011, 03:35 AM
I still think it's vastly amusing to see the Libs proclaiming she doesn't scare them, producing poll after poll tracking her popularity and working themselves into a frenzy trying to figure out what she's going to do.

and attack her children as well

maineman
06-01-2011, 07:47 AM
How unbiased are these polls? What was the question asked? Was it "Will Obama win" or was it "Who would you vote for"?

Unless the context of the question is given, the numbers mean nothing to me.

lol... and I can remember when real clear politics was your absolute favorite polling site. You used to hold it up as the poll of polls.

plus ce que change, plus ce que meme chose!

maineman
06-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Reuters/IPSOS had this question:

If the 2012 presidential election were being held today and the candidates were Barack Obama, the Democrat, and [INSERT CANDIDATE BELOW AND ROTATE LIST], the Republican, for whom would you vote? IF THEY SAY ‘UNSURE/DK’, PROMPT: Would you lean toward Obama or toward [CANDIDATE]? READ OUT A-I. RANDOMIZE LIST

Marist had this question:

If the 2012 presidential election were held today, whom would you support if the candidates are:

Newsweek/Daily Beast had this question:

WHO WOULD YOU VOTE FOR IN MATCH-UP BETWEEN:

ABC/WP had this question:

If the 2012 presidential election were being held today and the candidates were (Barack Obama, the Democrat) and (ITEM, the Republican), for whom would you vote? Would you lean toward (Obama) or toward (ITEM)? (ORDER SCRAMBLED)

jimnyc
06-01-2011, 08:45 AM
lol... and I can remember when real clear politics was your absolute favorite polling site. You used to hold it up as the poll of polls.

Cite the times when she did so - even cite the times where others have done so and made it out to be the end all of polls. But start with Sassy first. I'll wait.

maineman
06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Cite the times when she did so - even cite the times where others have done so and made it out to be the end all of polls. But start with Sassy first. I'll wait.

you are quite right. I mistakenly thought that I was responding to RSR's post. I have no idea whether he has ever cited RCP as the end all of polls on THIS site, but I am sure he would freely admit to doing so on USMB.

red states rule
06-01-2011, 03:25 PM
you are quite right. I mistakenly thought that I was responding to RSR's post. I have no idea whether he has ever cited RCP as the end all of polls on THIS site, but I am sure he would freely admit to doing so on USMB.

MM admits he screwed up?

This could be an historic occassion

maineman
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
MM admits he screwed up?

This could be an historic occassion

OK...now...how about you admitting that you LOVED RCP polls when they served your purpose, but when they didn't, you threw them under the bus and became a big Rasmussen fan? :lol:

red states rule
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
OK...now...how about you admitting that you LOVED RCP polls when they served your purpose, but when they didn't, you threw them under the bus and became a big Rasmussen fan? :lol:

Rasmussen takes DAILY polls and nailed the last 2 electons

RCP is still good since they take the average of all the polls

No matter which way you slice it, Obama is still in the mid 40's and is very beatable

Kathianne
06-01-2011, 05:03 PM

No matter which way you slice it, Obama is still in the mid 40's and is very beatable

I agree. Funny thing is that right now Fox News is the outlier. Nearly all but Rasmussen include eligible voters, not likely.

red states rule
06-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I agree. Funny thing is that right now Fox News is the outlier. Nearly all but Rasmussen include eligible voters, not likely.

From Rasmussen's site

•26% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction

•66% Worry Government Will Run Out of Money -

•65% Say Those Who Hire Illegal Immigrants Bigger Problem Than Immigrants Themselves

•51% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law, 47% Say Measure Bad for the Country

•On Economy, 46% Trust Republicans 42% Democrats

No wonder MM and his side hates Rasmussen

maineman
06-01-2011, 06:06 PM

how about I slice it with that poll that you say is still good since they take the average of all the polls?

http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

I don't give a fuck how you slice it, 51.8 is not the "mid 40's".
:laugh:

red states rule
06-01-2011, 06:09 PM
how about I slice it with that poll that you say is still good since they take the average of all the polls?

http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

I don't give a fuck how you slice it, 51.8 is not the "mid 40's".
:laugh:

he is that low after all his "accomplishments"?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

maineman
06-01-2011, 06:36 PM
he is that low after all his "accomplishments"?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

I told you that you ran away form RCP when it quit helping your arguments.... and even Rasmussen, your FAVE, has Obama at 49%

Since when is 49 in the MID 40's?
:laugh2:

red states rule
06-01-2011, 06:37 PM
I told you that you ran away form RCP when it quit helping your arguments.... and even Rasmussen, your FAVE, has Obama at 49%

Since when is 49 in the MID 40's?
:laugh2:

His OBL bonuce is slowing fading. Only you would be pleased your guy is at 49% and falling :laugh2:

All that dispite his "accomplishments and the cheering section in the liberal media

maineman
06-01-2011, 07:01 PM
"No matter which way you slice it, Obama is still in the mid 40's and is very beatable"

RCP has him at 51.2, and rasmussen has him at 49

any way you slice it, you clearly have a hard time with simple mathematics.:laugh:

red states rule
06-01-2011, 07:18 PM
"No matter which way you slice it, Obama is still in the mid 40's and is very beatable"

RCP has him at 51.2, and rasmussen has him at 49

any way you slice it, you clearly have a hard time with simple mathematics.:laugh:

with those numbers Obama will have a harder time getting reelected

maineman
06-01-2011, 07:29 PM
with those numbers Obama will have a harder time getting reelected

tell me about it.

red states rule
06-01-2011, 07:32 PM
tell me about it.

and we all know those blue state that went for Obama in 2008 are doing great under Obamanomics right MM

maineman
06-01-2011, 08:00 PM
and we all know those blue state that went for Obama in 2008 s are doing great under Obamanomics right MM
and still he's at 51.2% and leads all the shining stars in the republican field by double digits.

go figure.

red states rule
06-01-2011, 08:02 PM
and still he's at 51.2% and leads all the shining stars in the republican field by double digits.

go figure.

and this time in 2007 where was Obama?

Everyone thoought Hillary was going to take it all

maineman
06-01-2011, 08:10 PM
and this time in 2007 where was Obama?

Everyone thoought Hillary was going to take it all

Obama IS surprising...

and you were betting on Rudy!

gabosaurus
06-01-2011, 10:50 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wmHswQJeN5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SassyLady
06-02-2011, 03:35 AM

I think you are full of shit and don't have a clue who I am and must have me confused with someone else.

If you show me evidence of your statement, I'll apologize, but until then.......:slap:

SassyLady
06-02-2011, 03:36 AM

He can't, because I haven't. Thanks for paying attention Jim.

red states rule
06-02-2011, 03:38 AM
He can't, because I haven't. Thanks for paying attention Jim.

MM has RSR Derangement Syndrome perhaps? :laugh2:

SassyLady
06-02-2011, 03:40 AM

Guess I should have read a little further before responding to individual posts.

Thanks for the admission that you were wrong about me.

SassyLady
06-02-2011, 03:59 AM
I think you are full of shit and don't have a clue who I am and must have me confused with someone else.

If you show me evidence of your statement, I'll apologize, but until then.......:slap:

BTW ... for those who know me ... you know how pissed this made me because I used the s*!t word and forgot to go back and edit it before I posted .. which is not like me. Must be tired.

red states rule
06-02-2011, 04:01 AM
BTW ... for those who know me ... you know how pissed this made me because I used the s*!t word and forgot to go back and edit it before I posted .. which is not like me. Must be tired.

If MM hangs around it will not be the first not the last time you get pissed SL

SassyLady
06-02-2011, 04:06 AM
Unbelievable ... now someone is saying that Sarah Palin is in "breach of federal law" because she is patriotic. How pathetic will they get?

red states rule
06-02-2011, 04:08 AM
Unbelievable ... now someone is saying that Sarah Palin is in "breach of federal law" because she is patriotic. How pathetic will they get?

I find it remarkable liberals care about the US flag now. They are the ones who burn it

maineman
06-02-2011, 05:39 AM

check post #10... and #11...

I withdrew the comment and RSR acknowledged it.

maineman
06-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Guess I should have read a little further before responding to individual posts.

Thanks for the admission that you were wrong about me.

that's quite alright.

red states rule
06-02-2011, 10:57 AM
and now the NY Times throws a temper tantrum

Why would they be surprised over the contempt Ms Palin has shown the liberal media? After all, the liberal media has only accused her of being an accomplice to murder, and attempted murder - and attacked her CHILDREN

No reason for any contempt - right?

GETTYSBURG, Pa. — Sarah Palin has apparently decided that she can treat the media any way she wants — and they will be there regardless.

And she might not be wrong.

On Monday night, the media following the former Alaska governor were hot and sweaty, sitting in 100-degree weather at the Gettysburg battlefield, when they got the word: Ms. Palin was at the Courtyard by Marriott a few minutes away.

Within a half-hour, about a dozen reporters were lined up at the Courtyard counter, asking for rooms overlooking the hotel’s parking lot. As a reporter noted, one could keep an eye on Ms. Palin’s “One Nation” bus that way.

After playing a cat-and-mouse game with the press for more than two days, Ms. Palin and her pursuers were both holed up in the same hotel; Ms. Palin on the fourth floor, reporters above and below. Even as check-in continued, Ms. Palin, dressed in workout shorts and wearing sunglasses, slipped back in from a quick, late-afternoon run. She made a beeline for the elevators.

It was a surreal situation given the fact that Ms. Palin and her advisers had shown an almost complete contempt for the press corps and its usual rituals. But the grumbling among the press corps notwithstanding, reporters and camera crews continued to follow her across three states and hundreds of miles over the long holiday weekend.

The CNN Express bus, filled with producers, camera operators and on-air talent, sat in Gettysburg for hours Monday, not even sure she was coming. The Times of London sent two reporters to cover Ms. Palin’s bus tour. Two reporters? “It didn’t take hardly any convincing,” admitted one of them, waiting the hotel lobby for Ms. Palin to emerge.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/31/palin-dismisses-the-medias-but-they-come-back-for-more/

Gaffer
06-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Sarah Palin's contempt for the press is nothing compared to mine.

red states rule
06-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Sarah Palin's contempt for the press is nothing compared to mine.

http://strangepolitics.com/images/content/176024.jpg

red states rule
06-02-2011, 04:25 PM

This is what is known as a non-response response. It is also known as a liberal playing the victim

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102348" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

red states rule
06-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Not Since Abraham Lincoln Has Someone 'Caused' Strife Like Sarah Palin???

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102354" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SassyLady
06-03-2011, 03:11 AM
God I hope she causes all of them to have apoplexy!!

Have you ever seen goats running and then suddenly fall over in a stiff feinting spell? I amuse myself by imagining all of the media having a "goat moment".

red states rule
06-03-2011, 03:14 AM
God I hope she causes all of them to have apoplexy!!

Have you ever seen goats running and then suddenly fall over in a stiff feinting spell? I amuse myself by imagining all of the media having a "goat moment".

It is fun watching them foam at mouth over her SL

Yet she is type of women the liberal media said they admire. A women who steps forward, is strong, speaks her mind, willing to step into a man's role, and is liberal

Oh, she is not a liberal so forget what they said, shut up, and go home where you belong

SassyLady
06-03-2011, 03:19 AM
It is fun watching them foam at mouth over her SL

Yet she is type of women the liberal media said they admire. A women who steps forward, is strong, speaks her mind, willing to step into a man's role, and is liberal

Oh, she is not a liberal so forget what they said, shut up, and go home where you belong

Chess .... always thinking/playing six, twelve moves ahead.

On the one hand they call her an idiot and on the other hand they say she is manipulating them ..... now who is stupid?

red states rule
06-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Chess .... always thinking/playing six, twelve moves ahead.

On the one hand they call her an idiot and on the other hand they say she is manipulating them ..... now who is stupid?

and Chris Matthews, like the rest of the liberal media, have been telling us that Obama is like Lincoln

Now they say Ms Palin is

They are so consumed with anger, and fear, they are forgetting their script

Gaffer
06-03-2011, 04:09 PM
and Chris Matthews, like the rest of the liberal media, have been telling us that Obama is like Lincoln

Now they say Ms Palin is

They are so consumed with anger, and fear, they are forgetting their script

He's like Lincoln alright. Dividing the country bring the country to the brink of civil war.

red states rule
06-03-2011, 04:18 PM
He's like Lincoln alright. Dividing the country bring the country to the brink of civil war.

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/169867.JPG