PDA

View Full Version : The War Bin Laden Wanted

Dilloduck
05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.amconmag.com/2004_10_25/feature.html

I'm not sure if this has been posted but I thought I would throw the anti-war crowd a bone.

Please read it before commenting.

Then tell me if you think ANYONE in our government knew how to respond to the 9/11 attacks. ( and I'm NOT talking about what NOT to do)

Pale Rider
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Good article. I've been of the mind for awhile now myself, that we need a radically new way to deal with radical islam. What that is, I don't know, but trying to fight this as a conventional war sure doesn't seem to be working.

Why can't we outsmart OBL?

Dilloduck
05-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Good article. I've been of the mind for awhile now myself, that we need a radically new way to deal with radical islam. What that is, I don't know, but trying to fight this as a conventional war sure doesn't seem to be working.

I've got a couple things in mind.

1) Politicians expend energy trying to get re-elected rather than solve problems.

2) Americans are afraid and fully aware that our politicians are not as concerned about its citizens as they need to be and not skilled enough to produce results.

To get out of the mess we're in, we need to make damn sure we don't swing completely to the other end of spectrum because there are assuredly deadly mistakes on that end too. The people?-----divided and thus impotent.

Yurt
05-09-2007, 10:34 PM

Because he knows we play by rules. He doesn't. Right or wrong, a big advantage in war. In all out war, he who wins, regardless of rules, still wins....

Dilloduck
05-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Because he knows we play by rules. He doesn't. Right or wrong, a big advantage in war. In all out war, he who wins, regardless of rules, still wins....

He also has nothing to lose and cares nothing about the lives lost pursuing his goal of having HIS brand of Islam controlling the world.

Monkeybone
05-10-2007, 09:27 AM
so in terms of all that, should we not be at war and just do our own military 'terrorist' attacks? and i know i might get it back, 'we already are doing that' but i mean, extremely off the radar stuff. and no affiliation technically. like them. just an everyday average joe with my SAW and rocket launcher

Dilloduck
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
so in terms of all that, should we not be at war and just do our own military 'terrorist' attacks? and i know i might get it back, 'we already are doing that' but i mean, extremely off the radar stuff. and no affiliation technically. like them. just an everyday average joe with my SAW and rocket launcher

That's the "beauty" of terrorism. They claim no state and present no targets.

No1tovote4
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM

It is generational warfare, in order to "outsmart" them we must change how they are taught.

In this case if it is to be fought with equipment the best alternative to Gen 2 Warfare which the US still uses would be an intel battle. This would not be the most effecient way to "win" though. The best "win" would be to ensure that their schools are not full of the thought that groups of people are to be killed.

Dilloduck
05-10-2007, 09:41 AM
It is generational warfare, in order to "outsmart" them we must change how they are taught.

In this case if it is to be fought with equipment the best alternative to Gen 2 Warfare which the US still uses would be an intel battle. This would not be the most effecient way to "win" though. The best "win" would be to ensure that their schools are not full of the thought that groups of people are to be killed.

It's pretty hard to eradicate an ideology that has not been condemned or de-legitamized. Simply saying that terrorism is evil doesn't cut in the world of psy-ops. Bin laden and/or his ideology needs to be soundly compromised.

Monkeybone
05-10-2007, 09:44 AM
so take out the kids and babies and glass the country? awesome

Dilloduck
05-10-2007, 09:50 AM
so take out the kids and babies and glass the country? awesome

grab cup of coffee and wake up--your reading comprehension sucks this morning.

Monkeybone
05-10-2007, 09:51 AM
i didn't say that is what you were saying. that is what i was saying. sorry if i made it seem so fucker

Dilloduck
05-10-2007, 10:03 AM
i didn't say that is what you were saying. that is what i was saying. sorry if i made it seem so fucker

so are you sarcastically suggesting we nuke them or is that a viable solution, IYHO ?

Monkeybone
05-10-2007, 10:18 AM
sarcastically. i know that it wouldn't fix anything long term. i agree with you, these kids are raised on this, not something they come to term with. it is don't put that penny in the outlet, bruch your teeth, hate america.

Dilloduck
05-10-2007, 10:30 AM
sarcastically. i know that it wouldn't fix anything long term. i agree with you, these kids are raised on this, not something they come to term with. it is don't put that penny in the outlet, bruch your teeth, hate america.

Unless the world wants to live with this crap and embrace it, they need to work on ways to make it unattractive, immoral, or whatever it takes to keep Islamic youth from seeing it as something honorable, courgeous, etc.

Gaffer
05-10-2007, 04:19 PM
The way to do it is to make islam illegal. Every country has to do it. Any muslim run country is subject to invasion. Without doing that it is going to be an endless war.

Dilloduck
05-10-2007, 05:27 PM
The way to do it is to make islam illegal. Every country has to do it. Any muslim run country is subject to invasion. Without doing that it is going to be an endless war.

Never happen. We HAVE to specifically isolate Bin Ladens' brand of Islam. It's way past time that this dialogue begin. He has inserted his evil ideology into Islam like a trojan horse. It will remain there even after his death.