PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day - Obama plays golf?

jimnyc
05-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Barack Obama's decision to play golf on Memorial Day was disrespectful and hardly presidential

Can you imagine David Cameron enjoying a round of golf on Remembrance Sunday? It would be inconceivable for the British Prime Minister to do so, and not just because of the usually dire weather at that time of the year. Above all, it would be viewed as an act of extremely bad taste on a day when the nation remembers and mourns her war dead. I can’t imagine the PM even considering it, and I’m sure his advisers would be horrified at the idea. And if the prime minister ever did play golf on such a sacrosanct day he would be given a massive drubbing by the British press, and it would never be repeated.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100090074/obamas-decision-to-play-golf-on-memorial-day-was-disrespectful-and-hardly-presidential/

They get it in the UK even - Obama is a damn embarrassment

jimnyc
06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
And no reply here either, but I know most liberals posting here have no respect for any of our troops, past or present, anyway.

And why so many complaining in the past about Bush when he WORKED from home or away from the WH - but not a peep from the fake navy liberals when Chimpy in Chief plays golf every other weekend, or on Memorial Day, or when there are national tragedies to tend to...

gabosaurus
06-01-2011, 10:42 PM
You can't play golf on Memorial Day? When was this rule established?

Of course, no one mentioned that Sarah Palin showed up at a Memorial Day ceremony wearing a short skirt after posting a tweet that was stolen from a soldier's poem in 1970.

http://gawker.com/5551214/sarah-palin-plagiarizes-memorial-day-message

red states rule
06-02-2011, 03:09 AM

Of course, no one mentioned that Sarah Palin showed up at a Memorial Day ceremony wearing a short skirt after posting a tweet that was stolen from a soldier's poem in 1970.

I remember well how the Dems and liberal media went after Bush everytime he played golf Gabby. Pres Bush stopped playing golf in 2003 and yet Obama has played MORE golf in 2 years then Pres Bush did in his eight years

The British press picked up on this story - something the liberal media here has ignored

Can you imagine David Cameron enjoying a round of golf on Remembrance Sunday? It would be inconceivable for the British Prime Minister to do so, and not just because of the usually dire weather at that time of the year. Above all, it would be viewed as an act of extremely bad taste on a day when the nation remembers and mourns her war dead. I can’t imagine the PM even considering it, and I’m sure his advisers would be horrified at the idea. And if the prime minister ever did play golf on such a sacrosanct day he would be given a massive drubbing by the British press, and it would never be repeated.

Contrast this with President Obama’s decision to play golf yesterday, Memorial Day, for the 70th time during his 28-month long presidency. For tens of millions of Americans, Memorial Day is a time for remembrance of the huge sacrifices made by servicemen and women on the battlefield. The president did pay his respects in the morning, laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery, but later in the day traveled to Fort Belvoir to play golf. The story has not been reported so far in a single US newspaper, but was made public by veteran White House correspondent Keith Koffler on his blog.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100090074/obamas-decision-to-play-golf-on-memorial-day-was-disrespectful-and-hardly-presidential/

maineman
06-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Barack Obama's decision to play golf on Memorial Day was disrespectful and hardly presidential

They get it in the UK even - Obama is a damn embarrassment

I wonder... were you all this upset back in 1992?

"Similarly, The Boston Globe reported that on Memorial Day in 1992, Vice President Dan Quayle laid a wreath at the tomb while Bush spoke to American Legion members in Kennebunkport, Maine, and played golf. From a May 26, 1992, Globe article:

Meanwhile, Vice President Dan Quayle, laying a wreath before the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery, spoke of patriotic values.

"Unfortunately, today some mock and scorn our reverence for values. They don't seem to grasp the meaning of values - values of freedom, patriotism, duty, honor and country," Quayle said.

Wrapping up his Memorial Day weekend trip, Bush played a final round of golf in chilly weather before delivering his remarks to the American Legion members. His foursome included GOP Gov. John McKernan of Maine."

jimnyc
06-02-2011, 09:15 AM

Who said it was a rule? Many find playing games on Memorial Day, when you are President of the USA, to be a little disrespectful.

The ceremony Palin went to was not on Memorial Day, and she simply wore a skirt, not a mini skirt. Surely you can post pictures for us of her at the event wearing a "mini skirt"?

Here is another place where what Palin tweeted is posted on the front page. It is a site for Veterans. Please let me know who they claim wrote it:

http://www.usdamilitaryfamilies.org/html/veterans_salute.html

jimnyc
06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
I wonder... were you all this upset back in 1992?

"Similarly, The Boston Globe reported that on Memorial Day in 1992, Vice President Dan Quayle laid a wreath at the tomb while Bush spoke to American Legion members in Kennebunkport, Maine, and played golf. From a May 26, 1992, Globe article:

Meanwhile, Vice President Dan Quayle, laying a wreath before the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery, spoke of patriotic values.

"Unfortunately, today some mock and scorn our reverence for values. They don't seem to grasp the meaning of values - values of freedom, patriotism, duty, honor and country," Quayle said.

Wrapping up his Memorial Day weekend trip, Bush played a final round of golf in chilly weather before delivering his remarks to the American Legion members. His foursome included GOP Gov. John McKernan of Maine."

Why no link to where you got this from? Maybe because it only exists on your stupid left wing nutcase sites?

Before I decide if it is true or not, please post a link to the globe re-print, or a MAINSTREAM news agency that printed this.

Oh, and I'll wait...

red states rule
06-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Who said it was a rule? Many find playing games on Memorial Day, when you are President of the USA, to be a little disrespectful.

The ceremony Palin went to was not on Memorial Day, and she simply wore a skirt, not a mini skirt. Surely you can post pictures for us of her at the event wearing a "mini skirt"?

Here is another place where what Palin tweeted is posted on the front page. It is a site for Veterans. Please let me know who they claim wrote it:

Jim, I think Gabby is pissed off because Sarah Palin looks better in a skirt then she does and better in a helmet then Mike Dukakis

maineman
06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Why no link to where you got this from? Maybe because it only exists on your stupid left wing nutcase sites?

Before I decide if it is true or not, please post a link to the globe re-print, or a MAINSTREAM news agency that printed this.

Oh, and I'll wait...

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8743883.html

http://mediamatters.org/mobile/blog/201005250034

red states rule
06-02-2011, 12:15 PM

From a more well know source for liberalism - The Washington Post

Bush plays golf it is an outrage

On Aug. 5, 2002, The Washington Post wrote about President Bush golfing near his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine. Under the headline “Before Golf, Bush Decries Latest Deaths in Mideast,” staff writer Mike Allen described Bush as he “sprang from his golf cart at 6:15 a.m. and said he was distressed to hear about the latest suicide bombers in Israel.”

“Bush, wearing khakis and a knit shirt, was holding a driver in his gloved left hand,” Allen wrote.

“However incongruous the setting, the president plunged ahead,” Allen wrote.

“There are a few killers who want to stop the peace process that we have started, and we must not let them,” he [Bush] said. “I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers.”

“His business out of the way,” Allen wrote, “Bush barely paused for breath before saying, ‘Thank you. Now watch this drive.’”

A search of news reports on Nexis revealed that photographers, but not reporters have access to Obama when he is on the links. But his outings have been covered, including by The Washington Post on June 9, 2009, in an article with the headline “Just the Sport for A Leader Most Driven.”

“What’s the deal? Why golf?” Post staff writer Richard Leiby wrote. “The attraction seems to be simple. It’s a great escape; the game demands such attention that nothing else matters. It’s time spent with friends, an unhurried afternoon in loose clothing (shorts seem to be Obama’s preference).”

Leiby continued, “To some, Obama’s frequent outings reflect a cool self-confidence.”

Leiby even quoted a sports psychologist who said Obama seemed able to play golf despite the grim reports by the media about the wars and the economy.

In August 2003, Bush said he decided to stop playing golf to show his respect for the men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan and their families.

“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” Bush said in an interview with Politico and Yahoo News on May 13, 2008. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Bush said he made the decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, which killed Sergio Vieira de Mello, the top U.N. official in Iraq and the organization’s high commissioner of human rights. He was golfing when he got the news.

“I was playing golf--I think I was in central Texas--and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, ‘It’s just not worth it anymore to do.’”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2277388/posts

when Obama plays golf the Washington Post asks who cares

Seems President Obama on Sunday compared the BP oil spill to 9/11, then went golfing for four hours. At least that’s the sort of crack reporting that Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft offered his readers yesterday. Hoft’s dismissive, one-word take: “Leadership.” My reaction: So what?

Surely even the president deserves -- and probably needs -- some downtime, even now. Weeks spent clearing brush back at the ranch in Hyde Park might be pushing it. But an afternoon on the back nine doesn’t bother me. And whenever Obama does take a few hours off, there will always be enough going on in the world against which to juxtapose his leisure to enable the Jim Hofts of the Internet to take their cheap shots. It was unfair when Michael Moore did this to George W. Bush. And it’s unfair for Hoft to do it to Barack Obama.

Of course, the president might have expected this after comparing the oil spill to 9/11. His point -- that the spill will change the way Americans view relevant national policies -- is fair enough. But even in drawing a more apt analogy to the tragedy of 2001, invoking that loaded pair of numbers practically invites rhetorical excess.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010/06/shocking_obama_plays_golf_duri.html

fj1200
06-02-2011, 12:19 PM
If I were president I'm not so sure I wouldn't nationalize Augusta National... or at least threaten to so I could ensure an invite or two a year.

jimnyc
06-02-2011, 12:25 PM

http://mediamatters.org/mobile/blog/201005250034

You consider those 2 sources to be mainstream media? No wonder you're a fucking idiot! LOL

Regardless of your "links" or RSR's link to FreeRepublic - I'D STILL like to see it written from a credible MSM source. All it takes is one fucking idiot like you to write on a blog that you found it on a "Nexis archive" and a billion left wing kooks would run with it. I'll believe it when I see it on a MSM site like we did with tons of them covering Chimpy's golf outing.

Furthermore, I guess the man who served his country and was shot down in an aircraft would have earned a game of links on Memorial Day - while the Chimp in Chief honors the soldiers by playing a game.

I'll wait for the MSM article. Happy searching!

red states rule
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
You consider those 2 sources to be mainstream media? No wonder you're a fucking idiot! LOL

Regardless of your "links" or RSR's link to FreeRepublic - I'D STILL like to see it written from a credible MSM source. All it takes is one fucking idiot like you to write on a blog that you found it on a "Nexis archive" and a billion left wing kooks would run with it. I'll believe it when I see it on a MSM site like we did with tons of them covering Chimpy's golf outing.

Furthermore, I guess the man who served his country and was shot down in an aircraft would have earned a game of links on Memorial Day - while the Chimp in Chief honors the soldiers by playing a game.

If MM really did serve in the US military he would have needed 4 promotions to make Asshole 1st Class

jimnyc
06-02-2011, 12:31 PM
If MM really did serve in the US military he would have needed 4 promotions to make Asshole 1st Class

A couple of pictures and stories made me believe him at first. His own actions and posts since have convinced me otherwise. Although I would believe he joined and was tossed out on his ass.

red states rule
06-02-2011, 12:35 PM
A couple of pictures and stories made me believe him at first. His own actions and posts since have convinced me otherwise. Although I would believe he joined and was tossed out on his ass.

I agree, The US military has never been that hard up for members that they would have taken a dirtbag like MM. He reminds me so much of Capt Binghamton on McHales Navy. Always out for himself and not the men who serve under him

Well, the only good thing about MM is he is posting here lese and less. Maybe he is starting to "get" the message most the members have been sending him

maineman
06-02-2011, 12:47 PM

highbeam is not a leftwing blog. it is a periodical archival site. I guess you didn't know that and just pretended that you knew what you were talking about. got it. the link from highbeam is directly to the globe article from may 26, 1992.

So... I guess in answer to my question... you WEREN'T all that upset when the CINC sent Dan Quayle to Arlington on his behalf and, instead went for a weekend at Walker's Point and a round of golf on Memorial Day.

Just so we're clear.

how do you take your crow, by the way? This time of year, I'd recommend grilled over charcoal with a spicy barbecue sauce. ;)

red states rule
06-02-2011, 12:50 PM
highbeam is not a leftwing blog. it is a periodical archival site. I guess you didn't know that and just pretended that you knew what you were talking about. got it. the link from highbeam is directly to the globe article from may 26, 1992.

So... I guess in answer to my question... you WEREN'T all that upset when the CINC sent Dan Quayle to Arlington on his behalf and, instead went for a weekend at Walker's Point and a round of golf on Memorial Day.

Just so we're clear.

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/129721.jpg

maineman
06-02-2011, 12:51 PM
comedy gold... day in and day out. you're amazing.

maineman
06-02-2011, 01:01 PM
I'll make the same bet with you that I made with Jeff.

I show you my blue DD Form 2 (retired) that shows my status as U.S Navy Retired and my rank/paygrade as CDR/O5, and you hand over $5000.

If, when we meet, I am unable to show you that card, I hand $5000 over to you.

deal?

jimnyc
06-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Just so we're clear.

how do you take your crow, by the way? This time of year, I'd recommend grilled over charcoal with a spicy barbecue sauce. ;)

Again, neither is MSM, and neither links to or shows the original article. And if the article swirling around is true, Bush supposedly met with American Legion members on Memorial Day. And again, he is former military, unlike the Chimp in Chief.

Just so we're clear, How does Rachel's dick taste?

Is this Rachel or is this your little play boyfriend?

*** Photo edited ***

maineman
06-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Again, neither is MSM, and neither links to or shows the original article. And if the article swirling around is true, Bush supposedly met with American Legion members on Memorial Day. And again, he is former military, unlike the Chimp in Chief.

Just so we're clear, How does Rachel's dick taste?

Is this Rachel or is this your little play boyfriend?

Are you suggesting that a well respected archival site that gives you a link to the actual article is suspect? And the article says he met with the Legionaires after he played golf.

Glad to see that your hypocrisy is so blatant.

Your comments about my wife are tasteless and crass and well beneath you... or so I thought.

the photograph is of my oldest son. Nice to see you bringing kids into your mudslinging... very very cool. very very adult. I am impressed.

maineman
06-02-2011, 01:33 PM

I show you my blue DD Form 2 (retired) that shows my status as U.S Navy Retired and my rank/paygrade as CDR/O5, and you hand over $5000.

deal?

no deal?

wise.

jimnyc
06-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Are you suggesting that a well respected archival site that gives you a link to the actual article is suspect? And the article says he met with the Legionaires after he played golf.

Glad to see that your hypocrisy is so blatant.

Your comments about my wife are tasteless and crass and well beneath you... or so I thought.

the photograph is of my oldest son. Nice to see you bringing kids into your mudslinging... very very cool. very very adult. I am impressed.

YOU are going to accuse someone of being crass? LOL, fuck off and eat shit, fake preacher. Are you saying that picture is of a "kid", a "child" or an adult? Didn't you bring up Glock and his son skiing? Didn't you wish death upon RSR and state you would piss on his grave? Didn't you call Kathianne a cow, and another member the "C" word?

Sucks when things come back and bite you in your lying, pathetic ass, doesn't it?

jimnyc
06-02-2011, 01:36 PM
no deal?

wise.

Jeff tried to get a hold of you several times when he was in the area shortly after your bet. You weaseled and ignored him.

red states rule
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM

The shallow end of the gene pool continues to expand

jimnyc
06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Removed photo of the fat bastards son, who is no child, and is on websites 'ol Virgil himself discussed here.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 07:39 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/cb060311dAPC20110603044514.jpg

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 09:07 AM

Gabs, why do you consistently come to the board, make false/incorrect/stupid claims - and then fail to stop replying when asked questions that will prove your questions wrong/stupid?

red states rule
06-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Gabs, why do you consistently come to the board, make false/incorrect/stupid claims - and then fail to stop replying when asked questions that will prove your questions wrong/stupid?

Jim, when has Gabby NOT done that? Her, PB, Bully, Virgil, and Truthmatters have all done that since the day I read their first posts

It has to be a liberal thing Jim

gabosaurus
06-05-2011, 01:02 AM

Your claim that I make "false/incorrect/stupid claims" exists only in the minds of you and RSR. It is your shared insistence that you are never wrong and no one can prove otherwise.

Jim, when has Gabby NOT done that? Her, PB, Bully, Virgil, and Truthmatters have all done that since the day I read their first posts

It has to be a liberal thing Jim

There is a reason why I make a few posts and then run off. Because I have a full time job and a family. My job helps provide for my family. My daughter doesn't give a crap about politics or this board. She wants to be entertained by her mother. She is oblivious to the fact that certain people spend the majority of their existence reading right-wing internet sites and posting them on a message board.
That, dear RSR, is why I rarely stick around to participate in your foolish games. But since I have a job and a family and you have neither, I doubt if you will ever understand my point of view.

NightTrain
06-05-2011, 01:14 AM

deal?

Scan it, Slick.

You are a U.S. Military Veteran as much as Bob Saget is funny or Virgil is a Preacher. Post it up.

NightTrain
06-05-2011, 01:56 AM
Your claim that I make "false/incorrect/stupid claims" exists only in the minds of you and RSR. It is your shared insistence that you are never wrong and no one can prove otherwise.

There is a reason why I make a few posts and then run off. Because I have a full time job and a family. My job helps provide for my family. My daughter doesn't give a crap about politics or this board. She wants to be entertained by her mother. She is oblivious to the fact that certain people spend the majority of their existence reading right-wing internet sites and posting them on a message board.
That, dear RSR, is why I rarely stick around to participate in your foolish games. But since I have a job and a family and you have neither, I doubt if you will ever understand my point of view.

I have no idea why I believe the things I do. I claim that my husband is a Republican and owns firearms, yet I mock those that actually do. Half of you dumb fucks actually believe that there is a firearm in my house. Idiots.

I graduated from Cal. Did you know you have to be smart to go there? Yep. And I got 2 degrees there, you ignorant fuck!

But in all honesty, I post here because it pisses people off. I try to be the most ignorant bimbo imaginable, which isn't really that hard, and I come back (most times logged out so you can't see me) to vaguely laugh at half-formed thoughts because I think I'm clever.

To be sure, I certainly think it is witty; but because I'm not fully engaged in first gear, I have this sneaking feeling that you all are really laughing at my best efforts at trolling. This is why I disappear for months on end after getting called out in so many threads that I can't duck them anymore.

Ultimately though, I get bored and zip to a couple of liberal sites, copy a few choice nutjob threads, and paste them here as my own. Not because I can think for myself, I have just enough intelligence to decipher what will rile up the richtwingers and then after getting cornered I will bail to post another day because I can't think for myself.

Oh sure, I have tried to debate the occasional topic that I gleaned a few talking points from, but curiously the argument never goes the same direction as the other thread I'm copying from and thusly, I have to abandon them because I am wayyy over my head and am clueless when it comes to formulating an original thought and then defending it with intelligence and logic.

This is why I always bail without answering any meaningful question in any thread I post in. What's that, Mom? Yep, be right there. Gotta go, guys....

jimnyc
06-05-2011, 12:44 PM

Then where are the answers to the questions I asked of you earlier in this thread? I've never claimed I can't be wrong and I am not the one who has claimed I am superior to others and went to such a great college. But feel free to answer my questions with that superior intellect and prove me wrong!

jimnyc
06-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Wanna answer the questions on this thread now that you're online, Gabs? Maybe provide the photo of Palin's mini skirt she wore, or did you just run with that one from a left nut site?

jimnyc
06-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Oh well, so much for that, she pulled another hit and run. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Oh well, so much for that, she pulled another hit and run.

Sorry dear. Some of us have jobs that we have to attend to. Perhaps you don't understand. :p

http://i51.tinypic.com/23lcutt.jpg

jimnyc
06-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Sorry dear. Some of us have jobs that we have to attend to. Perhaps you don't understand. :p

Don't try the job crap when you were on here the same time I posted. Furthermore, that is hardly a "mini skirt". That's a typical skirt that a woman would wear, and is not meant to be a "dress" - which I would have preferred she wore to a memorial.

Maybe you have a problem that she can look good dressing as a woman and you have to be relegated to the more manlier clothing? :lol:

jimnyc
06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Here are a few examples of your typical "mini skirt"

jimnyc
06-06-2011, 04:50 PM
And one last line, as described:

miniskirt, sometimes hyphenated as mini-skirt, is a skirt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skirt) with a hemline well above the knees – generally no longer than 10 cm (4 in) below the buttocks

Sorry, but that's not a mini skirt. She just happens to look fabulous and the left wing stratosphere goes into a frenzy if a republican woman does so!

Sir Evil
06-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Scan it, Slick.

You are a U.S. Military Veteran as much as Bob Saget is funny or Virgil is a Preacher. Post it up.

imagine that, homo going factual! :lol:

Actually it was told on another forum that he was indeed in the navy, said he was the bean chef....

red states rule
06-06-2011, 05:37 PM
And one last line, as described:

Sorry, but that's not a mini skirt. She just happens to look fabulous and the left wing stratosphere goes into a frenzy if a republican woman does so!

Actually Jim I suspect Gabby is jealous she does not look that great in a dress

But I do recall Gabby posting alot during the Bush years, and during the 2008 election. She was rather giddy over Obama winning and had high expectations for him

But now as she sees the total and complete failure of liberalism she is reverting back to your usual angry self, and is doing her best to deny the truth

While she is too young to remember Jimmy Carter she is now living thru Carter's second term. It is clear she does not like it, and gets pissed off when others point out the failures of Obama

gabosaurus
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't recall being "giddy" over Obama's election. I remember being "giddy" about the end of Dubya's reign of terror. I simply was willing to give Obama a chance.

Since, unlike RSR, I have a life outside of political discussion and this board, I don't allow myself to get angry about such things. Frustration perhaps, but that ends immediately when I snap off this board.
Dear RSR, there is one thing you will never understand. If Obama comes out and orders Rush Limbaugh off the air, or if Ed Schultz expresses his wish that all Republicans be assassinated, I will still have to go to work the next day. And when I go home, my family will still want dinner.

And I look damn good in a skirt. :)

jimnyc
06-06-2011, 10:09 PM

Well, Mrs. Palin was kind enough to email me a picture of herself in a skirt before going out in public. So PM me one of you and I will be the judge. :)

red states rule
06-07-2011, 02:30 AM
I don't recall being "giddy" over Obama's election. I remember being "giddy" about the end of Dubya's reign of terror. I simply was willing to give Obama a chance.

Since, unlike RSR, I have a life outside of political discussion and this board, I don't allow myself to get angry about such things. Frustration perhaps, but that ends immediately when I snap off this board.
Dear RSR, there is one thing you will never understand. If Obama comes out and orders Rush Limbaugh off the air, or if Ed Schultz expresses his wish that all Republicans be assassinated, I will still have to go to work the next day. And when I go home, my family will still want dinner.

Gabby, you WERE giddy. Much like the liberals I know. FINALLY, America went liberal and Reagan conservatism was DEAD!

That is what I heard from the left and the liberal media. Obama was going clean up the "mess" left behind by Bush and his conservative policies

I guess it is just a coincidence your participation on the board decreased at the same time we all experienced the results of Obama's policies

If you deem Bush's 8 years a reign of "terror" what would call Obama's 2 1/2 years Gabby. A rein of propserity? A reign of "transformation"?