PDA

View Full Version : ROTC programs booming at universities

gabosaurus
05-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Darn those fascist liberal universities for allowing this stuff to thrive on campus! :p

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-rotc-20110601,0,3528287.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Flocal+%28L.A .+Times+-+California+|+Local+News%29

05-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Good to see. I wish i had joined up when i went to college.

gabosaurus
05-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Interesting to note that, during the 60s and 70s, Stanford was promoted as a bastion of conservative academia, while Cal-Berkeley was the home of freaks and hippies. But while Stanford eliminated its ROTC program in the 60s, Cal never did.
When I went to Cal, there were just as many conservative students and faculty as liberal. You just never heard about them because they were a lot more quiet. It's the city of Berkeley itself that is overwhelmingly liberal.

05-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Interesting to note that, during the 60s and 70s, Stanford was promoted as a bastion of conservative academia, while Cal-Berkeley was the home of freaks and hippies. But while Stanford eliminated its ROTC program in the 60s, Cal never did.
When I went to Cal, there were just as many conservative students and faculty as liberal. You just never heard about them because they were a lot more quiet. It's the city of Berkeley itself that is overwhelmingly liberal.

Im sorry to hear that they are so liberal. Perhaps one day they will stop empowering government and start empowering people.