PDA

View Full Version : Insane ... Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony

SassyLady
06-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony

By Todd Starnes
Published June 02, 2011

A federal judge has ordered a Texas school district to prohibit public prayer at a high school graduation ceremony.
Chief U.S. District Judge Fred Biery’s order against the Medina Valley Independent School District also forbids students from using specific religious words including “prayer” and “amen.”
The ruling was in response to a lawsuit filed by Christa and Danny Schultz. Their son is among those scheduled to participate in Saturday’s graduation ceremony. The judge declared that the Schultz family and their son would “suffer irreparable harm” if anyone prayed at the ceremony.
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said the school district is in the process of appealing the ruling, and his office has agreed to file a brief in their support.
“Part of this goes to the very heart of the unraveling of moral values in this country,” Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott told Fox News Radio, saying the judge wanted to turn school administrators into “speech police.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/02/prayer-prohibited-at-graduation-ceremony/#ixzz1OCW0LBM6

red states rule
06-03-2011, 03:51 AM
Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony

I hope the students pray at the ceremony anyway, and also pubicly pray for the soul of the Judge

Monkeybone
06-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Just start with, " Would the Schultz family please plug their ears...." and then pray.

DragonStryk72
06-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Wow, that kid must have pretty serious mental issues if a single prayer can cause him irreparable harm at having to hear it. He should definitely be taken in for psych evals

jimnyc
06-03-2011, 11:20 AM
The kids should just say whatever they want. The graduation is for ALL of them. What are they going to do, arrest them? If so, I'd fight it. I can't see any court allowing charges 'cept for that loony court in SF (9th circuit?)

Little-Acorn
06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
This happens every year, just like fruitcakes who object to manger scenes on public land at Christmas.

I believe it was last year, when some valedictorian wanted to make a speech crediting Jesus with some of her good fortune etc. School officials told her she couldn't. She did anyway, and they yanked the plug on her microphone 30 seconds into her speech.

Year before that, word was put out at some high school that no mention of religion would be allowed during the graduation ceremonies. One high-achieving student got up to give his speech. Before he began, he sneezed. The entire graduation class shouted in unison, "GOD BLESS YOU!"

Very worthwhile, if only to tweak the religion-haters as they deserve.

fj1200
06-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I believe it was last year, when some valedictorian wanted to make a speech crediting Jesus with some of her good fortune etc. School officials told her she couldn't. She did anyway, and they yanked the plug on her microphone 30 seconds into her speech.

Do they not believe Jesus was a real person? It would be like thanking George Washington, or Buddha, or ...

Gaffer
06-03-2011, 03:21 PM
This the kind of shit that really pisses me off. I'm an atheist and I'll lead the damn prayer myself and the judge can go fuck himself. Those people aren't atheists, they're communists pushing to gain more control over everyone else.

Missileman
06-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Wow, that kid must have pretty serious mental issues if a single prayer can cause him irreparable harm at having to hear it. He should definitely be taken in for psych evals

Take mom and dad in also.

red states rule
06-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Ina bout six months these same offended assholes will be offened over Christmas cards, Christmas plays, Christmas Carols, and holiday clothing in the schools

It happens every year

Thunderknuckles
06-03-2011, 05:12 PM
This the kind of shit that really pisses me off. I'm an atheist and I'll lead the damn prayer myself and the judge can go fuck himself. Those people aren't atheists, they're communists pushing to gain more control over everyone else.

Thank you!
:clap:

Thunderknuckles
06-03-2011, 05:21 PM
UPDATE: A federal appeals court has lifted the order banning public prayer at a Texas high school graduation.

red states rule
06-03-2011, 05:27 PM
UPDATE: A federal appeals court has lifted the order banning public prayer at a Texas high school graduation.

Great news. Finally a Judge with some brains and understands the law

SassyLady
06-03-2011, 09:51 PM

Finally, some sanity.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Finally, some sanity.

God bless him

KSigMason
06-04-2011, 07:11 AM
What I hope would happen is that everyone there prayed and had someone take a picture of it all. Send it to the judge with the words "From the free people of Texas".

red states rule
06-04-2011, 07:14 AM
What I hope would happen is that everyone there prayed and had someone take a picture of it all. Send it to the judge with the words "From the free people of Texas".

With an invite to a Prayer Breakfast

fj1200
06-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Was the first judge following precedent or setting it?

Nevertheless if a HS graduate can't sit through a prayer without being "irreparably harmed" then he's going to have a tough life.