PDA

View Full Version : Don't Worry The Economy Is Doing Fine

red states rule
06-03-2011, 03:14 PM
A couple days ago MM posted how the US was growing

And today the liberal media was "reporting" how well the economy is doing

An otherwise straightforward report on bad economic news on Friday's NBC Today cited economist Diane Swonk, who argued government stimulus prevented things from getting worse: "We basically had a massive coronary during the financial crisis....Financial stimulus and monetary stimulus, you know, got us to the stage where we're healing but we're in still in a lot of rehab."

Correspondent Tom Costello set up the sound bite by declaring: "To get things moving, the government has already cut payroll taxes while the Fed has pumped in $600 billion of stimulus money." He lamented: "But more government spending is unlikely given the political battle over the debt ceiling in Washington."

Moments later, co-host Meredith Vieira spoke with Meet the Press host David Gregory about the political impact of the weak economy on President Obama's reelection chances. Gregory acknowledged that it would "a primary vulnerability for the President" but quickly added: "There will be a rebuttal from President Obama....it'll be focused on the auto industry, which in the White House they maintain could have been a lot worse. This was a gutsy call by the President to launch the auto bailout and that's a sign of some recovery."

On Thursday's Today, prior to Friday's jobs report that showed unemployment jumped to 9.1%, news reader Ann Curry touted "hopeful news" in a rosy government-backed study on jobs: "Despite the Dow's tumble on Wednesday and a persistently high unemployment rate, the government reports today that the U.S. job market may be rallying, seeing its best hiring stretch in five years."

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2011/06/03/nbc-stimulus-started-economic-healing-auto-bailout-was-gutsy-call-obam#ixzz1OFIZvtiD

and

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102381" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102378" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bottom line is who are you going to believe? MM and the liberal media or your own lying eyes?

red states rule
06-03-2011, 03:49 PM
There are times I damn near feel sorry for this boob

His lame attempt at humor BOMBS big while lecturing auto workers

http://www.nationaljournal.com/in-ohio-obama-s-jeep-wrangler-joke-gets-mixed-response-at-chrysler-plant-20110603

fj1200
06-03-2011, 05:09 PM
:shakeshead: Idiot. Doesn't he know who he's talking at?

red states rule
06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
:shakeshead: Idiot. Doesn't he know who he's talking at?

Everything is a joke to the manchild President

He joked about handicapped people and the liberal media ignored it

People are losing their jobs and their homes and he makes jokes

and I not talking about his policies

red states rule
06-03-2011, 05:57 PM
No President since FDR has been reelected with unemployment above 7.1%

Right now unemployment is 9.1%

In order to get the unemployment rate to 7% the US economy will have to add about 250,000 jobs each and every month

Obama has been a total disaster and we have NOTHING to show for the trillions of taxpayer dollars he has pissed thru

gabosaurus
06-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Obama has been a total disaster and we have NOTHING to show for the trillions of taxpayer dollars he has pissed thru

What do we have to show for the trillions of dollars Dubya pissed away during his term of office? Besides thousands of dead soldiers, of course.

How much unemployment do you believe is associated with GOP mandated budget cuts? A ton of people have had to be laid off.

red states rule
06-03-2011, 08:14 PM
What do we have to show for the trillions of dollars Dubya pissed away during his term of office? Besides thousands of dead soldiers, of course.

How much unemployment do you believe is associated with GOP mandated budget cuts? A ton of people have had to be laid off.

Once again the loyal liberal has to CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!

Gabby, that is all you Obama drones can do. Is this what the hell you people are going to run on in 2012?

I take it like Virgil, you don't give a damn about the damage Obama is doing to the nation

3 million people have lost their jobs since he took office

Millions more have lost their home sine Jan 20, 2009

What do we have to show for the stimulus?

Gas prices have DOUBLED

and all you ever have to say is Bush this and Bush that

Well Gabby, Bush has not been PResident for 2 1.2 years. Stop trying to pass the buck and provide cover for you guy. People like you voted for this idit and thanls to you all of us are paying for it

As far as the budget Gabby, how much more debt do you want your daughter to pay for?

How many more years do you want her to work? and how much more in taxes do want her to pay to kepp your bloated government to keep rolling?

gabosaurus
06-03-2011, 08:31 PM
How come none of you worried about the increasing debt when Dubya was president? And how is that "changing the subject?"
Past presidents have habitually never worried about the debt or the establishment of a debt ceiling. Dick Cheney told Dubya in budget meetings "increased national debt is the cost we pay for freedom." Cheney also invoked a past president and stated "Reagan proved deficits don't matter."

So why is it that GOP hardliners are now invoking how bad the national debt is? How much did the debt rise under past presidents? Obviously, you only wanted to state your version of the truth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A26402-2004Jun8?language=printer

red states rule
06-03-2011, 08:35 PM
How come none of you worried about the increasing debt when Dubya was president? And how is that "changing the subject?"
Past presidents have habitually never worried about the debt or the establishment of a debt ceiling. Dick Cheney told Dubya in budget meetings "increased national debt is the cost we pay for freedom." Cheney also invoked a past president and stated "Reagan proved deficits don't matter."

So why is it that GOP hardliners are now invoking how bad the national debt is? How much did the debt rise under past presidents? Obviously, you only wanted to state your version of the truth.

You are like a broken record Gabby

Jesus, you guys ran on NOT being Bush and look at what the hell Obama has done. Are you such a hack you will not admit the truth?

You were one cocky little girl 2 years ago, and slowly you toned it down.

Bottom line is Gabbt, Obama is another example that tax and spend liberalism has never ever worked. Hell you live in classic example of failed liberalism

Kathianne
06-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Gabby, sorry you lose here. There were so many posts on so many sites by conservative condemning what Bush was doing. With this post you are giving exclamation points to your detractors.

red states rule
06-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Gabby, sorry you lose here. There were so many posts on so many sites by conservative condemning what Bush was doing. With this post you are giving exclamation points to your detractors.

I remember Rush and Sean Hannity going after Bush on spending, immigration, Harriet Neyers, and Iraq

Gabby meanwhile as Obama continues to screw things up only wants to talk about Bush

fj1200
06-03-2011, 10:20 PM

There have been actual cuts? Alert the press.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:09 AM
There have been actual cuts? Alert the press.

Remember when those damn Republicans slowed the rate of growth of a Federal program and Dems went nuts? Instead of a 10% increase in spending they only got 6%

In their world that is a 4% 'cut" in the program

red states rule
06-04-2011, 06:17 AM
Now if only the liberal media would start admitting the obvious

No one except the Wall Street bears will be happy with today’s employment data. The payroll numbers were even worse than feared, with only 54,000 new jobs added in May. Unemployment rose to 13.9 million, a punishing 9.1% of the labor force. At the May rate, jobs are only growing at a 0.5% annual rate, not nearly enough to produce the 3% or so GDP growth rate that we need in order to raise living standards.

The latest slowdown in the economy and job growth is plain bad news for President Obama. Right up through this week, he’s been sticking to his view that more government spending is the solution.

The data argues the opposite – the more the government spends, whether on so-called investment, entitlements or just plain waste, the less the private sector wants to hire new workers. Businesses realize that government debt puts them at risk.

It’s a huge policy challenge. The Obama administration is running a weak-dollar, big spending policy based on its economic and political assessments when much of the country believes we need the opposite to create jobs. The prime working-age population (age 18-64) has been growing by roughly 167,000 per month and 1% per year.

May’s job growth is much slower than that, meaning jobs aren’t keeping up with population even though the economy is technically in recovery. We’ll need to quadruple May’s job growth to begin to get a meaningful decline in the unemployment rate.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/06/03/what-jobs-numbers-mean-for-america-obama-and/#ixzz1OIyCqRJb

fj1200
06-04-2011, 07:26 AM
The FJ stimulus plan:

ELIMINATE CORPORATE TAXES!!!

red states rule
06-04-2011, 07:29 AM
The FJ stimulus plan:

ELIMINATE CORPORATE TAXES!!!

You have my vote

Since it would be a tax cut to the customers of the corporations since the corpoaraton does not pay the tax in the first place

I would also like to see an across the board income tax rate cut and a cut in the capital gains tax

maineman
06-04-2011, 03:46 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-03-22/buffett-says-u-s-economy-is-getting-better-month-by-month.html

I tend to think that Warren Buffett has a pretty informed view of the economy.

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-03-22/buffett-says-u-s-economy-is-getting-better-month-by-month.html

Well, since the scumbag liberals want to continually attribute the economic climate to President Bush - I guess Buffett is pointing out the effects of his policies!

red states rule
06-04-2011, 03:51 PM

an article 2 1/2 months old is your response to all the bad economic news we have had over the last 7 days?

You bellowed 2 days ago how the economy was growing!!!

McDonalds was responsible for about half the jobs created last month MM. Do you think Michelle will stop bashing McDonalds now and will libs sing the praises of those burger flipper jobs they hated during the Bush years?

maineman
06-04-2011, 03:55 PM
You bellowed 2 days ago how the economy was growing!!!

can you show me where I said that?

red states rule
06-04-2011, 03:56 PM
can you show me where I said that?

Do your own research, and I see you cherrypick what you want to respond to Virgil

Finding it harder to carry the water for Obama lately?

Your back starting to go out?

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Do your own research, and I see you cherrypick what you want to respond to Virgil

Finding it harder to carry the water for Obama lately?

Your back starting to go out?

I didn't say that. I think you must have misread something.

either back up your accusation or retract it, please.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:35 PM
I didn't say that. I think you must have misread something.

either back up your accusation or retract it, please.

The same way I misread you posting as moderate democrat and retired man?

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
The same way I misread you posting as moderate democrat and retired man?

I think that, if you check you will find that I did NOT say that the economy was growing. I said that, during the time when the marginal tax rate was 91% under a republican president, that the economy was growing.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I think that, if you check you will find that I did NOT say that the economy was growing. I said that, during the time when the marginal tax rate was 91% under a republican president, that the economy was growing.

Hey good way to duck the topic of this thread and all the bad economic news of late

Moderate democrat and retired man would be proud Virg

Yes, Obama is doing such a great job and the stimulus did what we told it would do. What a bargin for one trillion dollars!!!

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:47 PM
in the OP, the very first sentence was:

I say, bullshit... prove it.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:50 PM
in the OP, the very first sentence was:

I say, bullshit... prove it.

Hey Virg keep ducking the results of Obama economic policies. I don't blame you for not wanting to talk about them

A blowhard like you who kisses Obama's ass on a daily basis would have a hard time trying to spin the economic news of the past week

Other then it's Bushs fault you have nothing else to say

So ignore it and keep bellowing how Obama is unbeatable

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey Virg keep ducking the results of Obama economic policies. I don't blame you for not wanting to talk about them

A blowhard like you who kisses Obama's ass on a daily basis would have a hard time trying to spin the economic news of the past week

Other then it's Bushs fault you have nothing else to say

So ignore it and keep bellowing how Obama is unbeatable
guess you couldn't find any quote from me that would prove your opening sentence. why not just say so?

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:52 PM
guess you couldn't find any quote from me that would prove your opening sentence. why not just say so?

The broken record plays on

fj1200
06-05-2011, 06:10 AM

A ringing endorsement.

“The U.S. economy has been improving fairly steadily, but not at a great rate” since mid-2009, Buffett said.

red states rule
06-06-2011, 04:24 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz060611dAPR20110604014520.jpg

KarlMarx
06-06-2011, 05:41 AM

At this point, I'd like to point out that massive Democrat cuts to the DoD are doing just that. But, supporters of the lead headed president (and since he's the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, the orders to cut defense are coming from him). The number of jobs lost is in the tens of thousands or more. Lockheed alone has let 20,000 people go. Other defense contractors have also laid off people in droves. It is not a stretch to say that 50,000 people who worked at defense contractors lost their jobs.

The difference between the cuts that you pine over and the DoD cuts is that spending in the DoD actually produces something and actually create jobs. The cuts you pine about don't. Investment in the DoD has created new technologies e.g. the Internet and GPS which went on to create private sector jobs.

That having been said.... even if you eliminated the entire DoD budget, there still would be a shortfall of 700 billion dollars or so. The only place left to cut then would be entitlements. Clearly something has to give.

red states rule
06-07-2011, 03:12 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb110607_cmyk20110606082528.jpg