View Full Version : Drones Get Another Top Al Queda Leader

Kathianne
06-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Great news!

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2011/06/top_al_qaeda_leader_2.php

Top al Qaeda leader Ilyas Kashmiri killed in US Predator strike
By Bill RoggioJune 4, 2011

kashmiri.JPG

Ilyas Kashmiri, the leader of the Harkat-ul Jihad Islami and al Qaeda's Brigade 313.

The US has killed Ilyas Kashmiri, one of al Qaeda's most dangerous military commanders and strategists, in a Predator airstrike yesterday in South Waziristan.

Kashmiri is said to be one of nine members of the al Qaeda-linked Harkat-ul Jihad Islami, or HUJI, who were killed in yesterday's Predator airstrike that leveled a compound in the Wana area of South Waziristan. A Harkat-ul Jihad Islami spokesman told Dawn that Kashmiri was killed in the attack.

Kashmiri's death would be a major blow to al Qaeda and allied terror groups in the region. He is viewed as one of the contenders to take command of al Qaeda after Osama bin Laden was killed during a May 2, 2011 raid by US SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

US intelligence considers Kashmiri to be one of al Qaeda's most effective commanders. He served as the operational chief of the Harkat-ul Jihad Islami, an al Qaeda-linked group that operates in Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. The Harkat-ul Jihad Islami was designated as a terrorist entity by the US in 2010, and Kashmiri was added to the list of global terrorists for his role in leading HUJI as well as for his links to al Qaeda.

Kashmiri has also been linked to Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence directorate, which has viewed him as an asset due to his prowess in fighting the Indians in Jammu and Kashmir. He is said to have been a member of Pakistan's Special Services Group, although he denied it in an interview with the Asia Times in 2010. One legend attributed to Kashmiri is that he beheaded a sepoy and presented the head to General Pervez Musharraf.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 10:05 AM
The far left may not like this. Where was the man's day in court? His rights were not read to him. He was denied legal representaton

What part of the word safehouse does Obama not understand?

I like it anytime a terrorist assumes room temp - but the far left may be pissed off. hey will say Obama is not improving our image with the Arabs

maineman
06-04-2011, 03:23 PM
a clear victory for America. We all should rejoice.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 03:55 PM

This cold blooded murder will be a recruiting tool for more terrorists. Obama is turning the Arab world against us

maineman
06-04-2011, 03:57 PM
This cold blooded murder will be a recruiting tool for more terrorists. Obama is turning the Arab world against us

if we had carpet bombed the entire province, maybe... and I don't think arabs really care too much about non-arabs.

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 03:58 PM

But we shouldn't pay taxes to help pay for the military industrial complex.

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:00 PM
But we shouldn't pay taxes to help pay for the military industrial complex.

Are you a fan of Dwight David Eisenhower or not?

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:02 PM
if we had carpet bombed the entire province, maybe... and I don't think arabs really care too much about non-arabs.

Where is the rule of law? this man was not read his rights? Was not given a chance to surrender and have his rightful day in court. He was denied legal representaton. Obama is nothing but a common criminal and has a total disregard for the law of the world. This man should have been brought before a Federal Judge and given a chance to answer the trumped up charges against him

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Are you a fan of Dwight David Eisenhower or not?

What the fuck does that have to do with what I asked you in reference to YOUR comments to me? Stop changing the subject, obfuscating the issues, and be a man for once and stand by your own damn words.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:04 PM
What the fuck does that have to do with what I asked you in reference to YOUR comments to me? Stop changing the subject, obfuscating the issues, and be a man for once and stand by your own damn words.

Hell Jim you might as well ask for the Earth to stop rotating on its axis :laugh2:

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:13 PM

http://www.h-net.org/~hst306/documents/indust.html

read it all...

try to do a better job than you did on the smoking article.

I love the military. I do NOT love the military industrial complex. I do NOT love the civilian contractors who make boatloads of cash designing new toys for the military to play with. Neither did Ike.

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.h-net.org/~hst306/documents/indust.html (http://www.h-net.org/%7Ehst306/documents/indust.html)

read it all...

try to do a better job than you did on the smoking article.

I love the military. I do NOT love the military industrial complex. I do NOT love the civilian contractors who make boatloads of cash designing new toys for the military to play with. Neither did Ike.

I couldn't care less what someone said eons ago, we are discussing what YOU said. You apparently have a problem with taxes that go to the "military industrial complex" - which includes national armed forces and defense spending, and directly to the military of the USA. Then out of your other mouth you want to brag about your service and rejoice in the military killing an Al Qaeda leader.

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:19 PM
I couldn't care less what someone said eons ago, we are discussing what YOU said. You apparently have a problem with taxes that go to the "military industrial complex" - which includes national armed forces and defense spending, and directly to the military of the USA. Then out of your other mouth you want to brag about your service and rejoice in the military killing an Al Qaeda leader.

I don't have a problem with taxes going to the military. And I don't brag about my service... I merely state that I am proud of it. I am. I love the navy, I loved going to sea. I loved serving my country... like nearly every other career sailor that I have ever known.

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't have a problem with taxes going to the military. And I don't brag about my service... I merely state that I am proud of it. I am. I love the navy, I loved going to sea. I loved serving my country... like nearly every other career sailor that I have ever known.

Then why on Earth would you use it as a "tool" in a debate, by stating something like "well I bet you didn't complain about taxes going to the military industrial complex...." under pick your (R) president. If you have no issue with it, why use it as a tool against an "opponent" as if it were a bad thing?

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:23 PM

Don't brag????:laugh2::laugh2:

You draw it out like Jesse James drew his gun. You are the biggest blowhard about what you claim you did in life then anyone I have ever had the displeasure to meet

In your mind you are a great naval war hero and a foreign policy expert

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Don't brag????:laugh2::laugh2:

You draw it out like Jesse James drew his gun. You are the biggest blowhard about what you claim you did in life then anyone I have ever had the displeasure to meet

In your mind you are a great naval war hero and a foreign policy expert

He "swells with pride" because he "risked his life" for me!! His words, it's true!

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:28 PM
He "swells with pride" because he "risked his life" for me!! His words, it's true!

The only time when he risked his life is when he suffered a paper cut while pushing papers :laugh2:

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Then why on Earth would you use it as a "tool" in a debate, by stating something like "well I bet you didn't complain about taxes going to the military industrial complex...." under pick your (R) president. If you have no issue with it, why use it as a tool against an "opponent" as if it were a bad thing?

again... as I delineated above, just like President Eisenhower, I have a problem with the industry that supplies the military. I have no problem with the military, obviously. You should read Ike's warning to us... it was like he had a crystal ball.

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:31 PM

I am a blowhard

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:33 PM
I am a blowhard

Fixed it for you Virg :laugh2:

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 04:34 PM
again... as I delineated above, just like President Eisenhower, I have a problem with the industry that supplies the military. I have no problem with the military, obviously. You should read Ike's warning to us... it was like he had a crystal ball.

And yet the term you used in the debate, "Military industrial complex", directly refers to the defense budget and the US Military directly. And that ship in your avatar, wouldn't that be from an industry that supplies the military. And the drone that killed this guy, where do you think that came from, Bin Laden's dead ass?

Like I said, YOU made the claims in the midst of a debate, be a man and stand by your words, don't backpedal.

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Here is Virgil's original statement I am referring to:

I dunno... you seem to long for the good old days of Ron Reagan... I merely pointed out that he had the highest marginal tax rate of the last five presidents... and he is a demigod to most republicans.

and you don't like democrat welfare programs but apparently don't mind programs that benefit the military industrial complex. Personally, I'd rather feed people than build another nuclear powered aircraft carrier. I guess we're just different that way.

VERY clear that he is implying that I support taxes going to the military industrial complex, and that he is different. He'd rather have welfare/food stamps increase than kill guys like we're discussing in this thread. Either that, or *gulp", he was just using what he wrote as a tool in a debate. Only a shitty debater would actually say what he really doesn't believe just to win a debate.

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:43 PM
And yet the term you used in the debate, "Military industrial complex", directly refers to the defense budget and the US Military directly. And that ship in your avatar, wouldn't that be from an industry that supplies the military. And the drone that killed this guy, where do you think that came from, Bin Laden's dead ass?

Like I said, YOU made the claims in the midst of a debate, be a man and stand by your words, don't backpedal.

I use the term military industrial complex exactly the same was as Ike did. He did not ask us to beware of the men in the military, he asked us to beware of the unbridled power, and hunger of the military industrial complex. I haven't backpedaled a bit. I stand by my statement.

red states rule
06-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Here is Virgil's original statement I am referring to:

VERY clear that he is implying that I support taxes going to the military industrial complex, and that he is different. He'd rather have welfare/food stamps increase than kill guys like we're discussing in this thread. Either that, or *gulp", he was just using what he wrote as a tool in a debate. Only a shitty debater would actually say what he really doesn't believe just to win a debate.

Virgil is on the oxygen tank right now Jim. He is sucking wind after taking such a thumping on several threads all at the same time

He is like a punch drunk boxer right now :laugh2:

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I use the term military industrial complex exactly the same was as Ike did. He did not ask us to beware of the men in the military, he asked us to beware of the unbridled power, and hunger of the military industrial complex. I haven't backpedaled a bit. I stand by my statement.

Then you are a piece of shit as I originally pointed out. You would rather increase welfare programs than pay those who wish to venture out on a career which is the same as you claim you had. You also would rather pay taxes to support food stamps than see these men in the military get paid, or get the necessary funding to have the tools they need to complete their jobs. It's right there in your own fucking words.

maineman
06-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Then you are a piece of shit as I originally pointed out. You would rather increase welfare programs than pay those who wish to venture out on a career which is the same as you claim you had. You also would rather pay taxes to support food stamps than see these men in the military get paid, or get the necessary funding to have the tools they need to complete their jobs. It's right there in your own fucking words.

clearly, as proven in the smoking thread, you have a hard time reading.

I have never said that I would rather pay taxes to support food stamps than see men in the military get paid. I have a problem when defense contractors talk congressmen into buying aircraft that the military doesn't want... as an example. I am surprised that you would be supportive of that sort of unbridled greed.

jimnyc
06-04-2011, 07:11 PM
clearly, as proven in the smoking thread, you have a hard time reading.

I have never said that I would rather pay taxes to support food stamps than see men in the military get paid. I have a problem when defense contractors talk congressmen into buying aircraft that the military doesn't want... as an example. I am surprised that you would be supportive of that sort of unbridled greed.

I read just fine - it's just that when you are backed into a corner you tend to add more to your argument, which is actually changing your stance. Trust me, I'm not the only one who sees this. You're either being intellectually dishonest now or were when you made your original argument. You made NO mention of the stuff you're stating now and only made your statements in regards to paying taxes. I scoffed at what Obama wanted us to pay taxes for and your retort was that I did support taxing for the "military industrial complex". You went further to say you would rather feed people. Then stated we were different that way.

Now, suddenly, it's ok to support that complex which pays for what the Navy does, and for drones, and for the military. You mention "unbridled greed" now and the military buying things it doesn't need. Again, arguments never mentioned before. You like to add to your "debate" when you are soundly beaten, or when your arguments are tossed back into your face.

You are intellectually dishonest. Hopefully everyone that reads this thread, that agrees this is what you do and that your argument is lame, will thank me for this post - and make this one of the most thanked posts of all time.

That's right, I'm a "thanks whore" who will capitalize on your stupidity!

red states rule
06-06-2011, 03:47 AM
I read just fine - it's just that when you are backed into a corner you tend to add more to your argument, which is actually changing your stance. Trust me, I'm not the only one who sees this. You're either being intellectually dishonest now or were when you made your original argument. You made NO mention of the stuff you're stating now and only made your statements in regards to paying taxes. I scoffed at what Obama wanted us to pay taxes for and your retort was that I did support taxing for the "military industrial complex". You went further to say you would rather feed people. Then stated we were different that way.

Now, suddenly, it's ok to support that complex which pays for what the Navy does, and for drones, and for the military. You mention "unbridled greed" now and the military buying things it doesn't need. Again, arguments never mentioned before. You like to add to your "debate" when you are soundly beaten, or when your arguments are tossed back into your face.

You are intellectually dishonest. Hopefully everyone that reads this thread, that agrees this is what you do and that your argument is lame, will thank me for this post - and make this one of the most thanked posts of all time.

That's right, I'm a "thanks whore" who will capitalize on your stupidity!

The difference in easy to see Jim

A Democrat is now President and the CIC