PDA

View Full Version : Texas Gov. Rick Perry wants you to fast and pray for his nomination

gabosaurus
06-07-2011, 05:47 PM
What an enormous whack job this guy is.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/blogs/news/2011-06-07/perrys-day-of-fasting-for-ballots/

jimnyc
06-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I suppose it's better than sending pictures of your "weiner" out to thousands of people - lying about your sexting with women all over the place - then lie to the American people - then admit to it and refuse to resign.

Yeah, asking people to fast and pray sure makes him a wacko! He should forget that and send out pictures of his weiner to all of Texas and tell everyone to eat up!

Fucking ass backwards Dems!

maineman
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I didn't know that Weiner was contemplating seeking the democratic nomination for president.

kinda apples and oranges, eh?

jimnyc
06-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I didn't know that Weiner was contemplating seeking the democratic nomination for president.

She called him a wackjob, I posted about one in return. Is that too hard to follow, Virgil the 3rd, you fat fucking blowhard?

maineman
06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
She called him a wackjob, I posted about one in return. Is that too hard to follow, Virgil the 3rd, you fat fucking blowhard?

well, jumbo... you are pretty hard to follow, but I won't hold it against you.

read that link yet?

red states rule
06-07-2011, 07:12 PM

I am sure his behaviour is normal to the fat pervert fake preacher known as Virgil Fackney Bozeman III

jimnyc
06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
well, jumbo... you are pretty hard to follow, but I won't hold it against you.

read that link yet?

How hard is it for you to believe that I deleted your correspondence? Without being read no less. One of the last PM's you sent was filled with filth towards my family. I won't open another and make that mistake, and I've instructed family to do the same with any messages from you. Fat bastard.

hortysir
06-07-2011, 10:35 PM

http://www.austinchronicle.com/blogs/news/2011-06-07/perrys-day-of-fasting-for-ballots/
Nowhere in this link did Perry ask for prayers for his campaign.

Try again....
:slap:

gabosaurus
06-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I suppose it's better than sending pictures of your "weiner" out to thousands of people - lying about your sexting with women all over the place - then lie to the American people - then admit to it and refuse to resign.

Yeah, asking people to fast and pray sure makes him a wacko! He should forget that and send out pictures of his weiner to all of Texas and tell everyone to eat up!

What does a pervert Congressman have to do with the Governor of Texas? You need to lay off the sauce.

Nowhere in this link did Perry ask for prayers for his campaign.

Dude, Perry is asking for a day of prayer and fasting. It's being done in his name and for his benefit. It's a publicity stunt, pure and simple.

hortysir
06-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Dude, Perry is asking for a day of prayer and fasting. It's being done in his name and for his benefit. It's a publicity stunt, pure and simple.
You obviously hold the governor to a higher standard than I, or other Christians, do because I've never heard of a day of prayer and fasting being held in the name of anyone but God.
:dunno:

jimnyc
06-08-2011, 07:57 AM
What does a pervert Congressman have to do with the Governor of Texas? You need to lay off the sauce.

I was making a comparison between 2 politicians. I'll remember your thoughts the next time you bring Bush into a thread, which is every other one.

DragonStryk72
06-08-2011, 10:40 AM

Okay, so basically, your evidence of this is a badly written op-ed piece that is entirely unfairly unbalanced. The only quotes even used are from those who are against Perry in the first.

Yeah, sorry, but til there's a credible source, there's no real point in debating this.

fj1200
06-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, sorry, but til there's a credible source, there's no real point in debating this.

Perhaps we should give her the benefit of the doubt, she could have been referring to the blogger.

Thunderknuckles
06-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Perry shouldn't have declared an official day for the whole thing because of the church and state thing. Other than that, stating that he wants people to do this for his nomination is like connecting random stars in the sky to create your own constellation.

DragonStryk72
06-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Perry shouldn't have declared an official day for the whole thing because of the church and state thing. Other than that, stating that he wants people to do this for his nomination is like connecting random stars in the sky to create your own constellation.

It never says in the "article" that he declared a day of fasting and prayer in his official capacity, nor is it even specifically for himself, but a more general one. He used his own money apparently, so there's really no separation of church and state issue here. If you want to, go, if not, don't. Seems pretty simple.

Abbey Marie
06-08-2011, 02:37 PM
How hard is it for you to believe that I deleted your correspondence? Without being read no less. One of the last PM's you sent was filled with filth towards my family. I won't open another and make that mistake, and I've instructed family to do the same with any messages from you. Fat bastard.

What?! Is your family seriously getting messages?

Thunderknuckles
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
It never says in the "article" that he declared a day of fasting and prayer in his official capacity, nor is it even specifically for himself, but a more general one. He used his own money apparently, so there's really no separation of church and state issue here. If you want to, go, if not, don't. Seems pretty simple.
To quote the article:
Perry has declared Aug. 6 "a Day of Prayer and Fasting for our Nation to seek God's guidance and wisdom in addressing the challenges that face our communities, states and nation.

I'm not a guy to get hot and bothered by church and state but I can see why some might think this steps a little too close.

darin
06-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Governments across the nation pay homage to God. Liberals (surprisingly) refer to God and his blessings, and have issued 'calls for prayer'. Conservatives do as well. There's NO story here.

He is a man who served his country as a U.S. Marine, who has studied and lectured at some of the finest universities and seminaries in the country, and who for over thirty years led a church that serves the community by doing God's work here on Earth...

But I have asserted a firm conviction -- a conviction rooted in my faith in God

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/18/obama.transcript/index.html

Michelle and I are honored to join you in prayer this morning...

The leaders of the community did all that they could for those who were suffering in their midst. And then they decided to do something more: they prayed. It didn't matter what party or religious affiliation to which they belonged. They simply gathered one morning as brothers and sisters to share a meal and talk with God.

As St. Augustine once said, "Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you."

So let us pray together on this February morning, but let us also work together in all the days and months ahead. For it is only through common struggle and common effort, as brothers and sisters, that we fulfill our highest purpose as beloved children of God. I ask you to join me in that effort, and I also ask that you pray for me, for my family, and for the continued perfection of our union. Thank you.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/god-and-country/2009/02/05/president-barack-obamas-speech-at-national-prayer-breakfast

Tonight, we pray for that courage. We pray for the people of the Gulf. And we pray that a hand may guide us through the storm towards a brighter day. Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/16/obamas-speech-not-the-tur_n_614273.html

Gabby - other Godless folk (liberals) must have missed those comments by YOUR 'saviour', President Obama. AND from others....

http://governor.mo.gov/newsroom/2011/Gov_Nixon_proclaims_State_Day_of_Prayer_and_Rememb rance_for_Missourians_affected_by_Joplin_tornado

and..

OMG!! Here, in the United States Code is a "day of prayer" - C'mon Godophobes - do what you normally do - riot!!

The President shall issue each year a proclamation designating the first Thursday in May as a National Day of Prayer on which the people of the United States may turn to God in prayer and meditation at churches, in groups, and as individuals.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode36/usc_sec_36_00000119----000-.html

hortysir
06-08-2011, 04:57 PM
To quote the article:
Perry has declared Aug. 6 "a Day of Prayer and Fasting for our Nation to seek God's guidance and wisdom in addressing the challenges that face our communities, states and nation.

I'm not a guy to get hot and bothered by church and state but I can see why some might think this steps a little too close.
He invites people of all faiths to honor the day as they wish.

How is congress making a law regarding the establishment of religion or free exercise thereof in this matter?

OP = Fail

Thunderknuckles
06-08-2011, 05:06 PM
He invites people of all faiths to honor the day as they wish.

How is congress making a law regarding the establishment of religion or free exercise thereof in this matter?

OP = Fail
Hey, I'm on your side. I'm just saying I see why the godless atheists get their panties in a bunch.

Oh and nice response dmp. That should be shown to anyone who has an issue with Perry, especially the jerks at the Austin Chronicle

hortysir
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Hey, I'm on your side. I'm just saying I see why the godless atheists get their panties in a bunch.

Oh and nice response dmp. That should be shown to anyone who has an issue with Perry, especially the jerks at the Austin Chronicle
I'm used to, when I quote someone, the quote they made shows up.
I was trying to address the whole point.

*tips hat*
:cheers2:

DragonStryk72
06-08-2011, 09:49 PM
To quote the article:

I declare "Pizza is the best food ever!" There, I must be doing it in an official capacity, right?

jimnyc
06-08-2011, 09:56 PM
What?! Is your family seriously getting messages?

well, just here on the board, and not surprising. I'm not surprised he decided to attack Sir Evil cause he busts the fat fucks balls. But it's WHAT he sent him. Pure filth.

gabosaurus
06-08-2011, 10:07 PM
well, just here on the board, and not surprising. I'm not surprised he decided to attack Sir Evil cause he busts the fat fucks balls. But it's WHAT he sent him. Pure filth.

Jim, like I said in the PM, anyone who attacks your personally and is malicious about it (which I never was) should not be allowed to post on this board.

Otherwise... My complaint is not about Rick Perry wanting a state and national Day of Prayer. But if he is incorporating that into his bid for the GOP nomination (which he is), then that is a subject for concern.

DragonStryk72
06-08-2011, 10:15 PM
My complaint is not about Rick Perry wanting a state and national Day of Prayer. But if he is incorporating that into his bid for the GOP nomination (which he is), then that is a subject for concern.

We should be concerned because he believes in the power of prayer? Why exactly be a problem? And again, he didn't ask to pray to nominate him, but a prayer for guidance, so again, why is it such a concern?

revelarts
06-08-2011, 10:23 PM
3 thoughts:

part 1
Declaring a day of prayer and fasting is not crazy or unconstitutional unlike declaring a "lil military action" dropping bombs and killing Libyans that haven't done JACK to us. That takes a whack job of another order.

part 2
Im with the panties in wad comment.
I sorta get the separation of church and state thing but. as pointed out, Congress is not Establishing anything, this is a state function, if that , more likely a personal one.
ANd since it's praying to a spaghetti monster what's the harm. why waste energy complaining about a "nonsense" action. Roll you eyes and move on.

part 3
I don't want to question his Christainty But his politics leave a whole lot to be desired.
Frankly I don't trust Rick Perry. I think he's a poser. He's sold out Texas to a Spanish firm with his support of outrageous eminent domain seizures for people property for the NAU NAFTA Superhighway project. And he Supported/promotted the mandatory Gardisil vaccine for Texas girls. while people he's closely assocaited with made profits from the pharma company.

this Good ol boy Tea party constitutional Texan deal is just a front, to cover his international corporate stoogery.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2011, 11:20 AM

Uggh.

Let me state this, as we all complain at times about people not denouncing those who pervert our beliefs: No pastor, interim, retired or otherwise who acts this way, represents the true Christian faith.

jimnyc
06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Jim, like I said in the PM, anyone who attacks your personally and is malicious about it (which I never was) should not be allowed to post on this board.

I'm a sucker for trying too hard to allow opposing opinions, and trying to prove to those on the left that we allow ALL opinions here. Unfortunately, some of them think allowing their opinions gives them a God given right (to keep the thread on topic :cool: ) to say anything, anytime, no matter how offensive, and anything less means they are discriminated against or stepping on their freedoms.

As for being similar and getting down on their level - me grandpappy always taught me that if you really wanted something in life, sometimes you need to get your hands dirty and work to make it happen. :coffee:

jimnyc
06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Uggh.

Let me state this, as we all complain at times about people not denouncing those who pervert our beliefs: No pastor, interim, retired or otherwise who acts this way, represents the true Christian faith.

Agree, 6,000%

Thunderknuckles
06-09-2011, 01:30 PM
I declare "Pizza is the best food ever!" There, I must be doing it in an official capacity, right?
Depends. If Perry stood at the podium and declared Chicago deep dish pizza is the best ever, he'd probably have a New York hit squad after him :p

Abbey Marie
06-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Depends. If Perry stood at the podium and declared Chicago deep dish pizza is the best ever, he'd probably have a New York hit squad after him :p

And Palin running after him with a fork, lol.

darin
06-10-2011, 05:02 AM
IF I had one wish to be granted I'd ask for something better - but if I had, say, 500 wishes, ONE Of them would be "For Gabby to have the balls to admit she's wrong." For Gabby to have the stones to admit she's a left-wing hack, who seemingly doesn't even READ the things she posts.

LuvRPgrl
06-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Yea, what a whack job anyone who considers prayer important:

Washington's "Earnest Prayer"
The Prayer below was written by Washington at Newburgh, New York, at the close of the Revolutionary War on June 14, 1783. It was sent to the thirteen governors of the newly freed states in a "Circular Letter Addressed to the Governors of all the States on the Disbanding of the Army."

Circular Letter Addressed to the Governors of all the States on the Disbanding of the Army, June 14, 1783
I have thus freely declared what I wished to make known, before I surrendered up my public trust to those who committed it to me. The task is now accomplished. I now bid adieu to your Excellency, as the chief magistrate of your State, at the same time I bid a last farewell to the cares of office and all the employments of public life.

It remains, then, to be my final and only request that your Excellency will communicate these sentiments to your legislature at their next meeting, and that they may be considered the legacy of one, who has ardently wished, on all occasions, to be useful to his country, and who, even in the shade of retirement, will not fail to implore the divine benediction on it.

I now make it my earnest prayer that God would have you, and the State over which you preside, in his holy protection; that he would incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government, to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow-citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for brethren who have served in the field; and finally that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind, which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy nation.

Thunderknuckles
06-10-2011, 02:27 PM
None of the founding fathers would be remotely electable in today's America :(

LuvRPgrl
06-10-2011, 07:17 PM
None of the founding fathers would be remotely electable in today's America :(

Yep, except maybe Franklin, who never ran for president :)