PDA

View Full Version : Comic hints at assassinating Palin if she were president

red states rule
06-08-2011, 03:27 AM
It is something to see liberals display their tolerance and most of all their civility

In an appearance on Monday’s “The Adam Carolla Show,” comedian Christopher Titus implied he’d want to take Sarah Palin out of the presidency were she ever to be elected to it in the first place, according to The Daily Caller.

Palin’s newly notorious Paul Revere remarks came up for discussion and Titus had this to say: “You know what, man? I am going to literally — if she gets elected president, I am going to hang out on the grassy knoll all the time, just loaded and ready — because you know what? It’s for my country. It’s for my country. If I got to sacrifice myself, it’s for my country.”

Palin’s probably not afraid of any puffed-up comedian — she is Mama Grizzly, after all — but Titus should immediately clarify the implications of his comments or retract them entirely. Anytime I come across stories like this one, I’m always reminded of Teddy Roosevelt’s famous “man in the arena” quote. How easy for Titus, from the comfort and relative obscurity of “The Adam Carolla” show, to criticize Palin in such an over-the-top and inappropriate way! How much harder to say something meaningful about her policy positions or past accomplishments. Hardest of all to actually be funny — but isn’t that a comedian’s job? Palin’s Facebook posts are better practice for the presidency than Titus’ trash-talking is for primetime. I’m not surprised his sitcom on the Fox broadcast channel lasted just two years.

P.S. Shouldn’t this deserve a little attention from the opponents of Palin’s crosshairs poster — you know, from avowed and profound proponents of civility (a cause I believe in whole-heartedly, but I hope not hypocritically)?

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/06/07/crossing-the-line-comic-hints-at-assassinating-palin-if-she-were-president/comment-page-1/#comments

hortysir
06-08-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm glad I read it here, because it'll probably be the only time I hear of it
:clap:

red states rule
06-09-2011, 03:11 AM
I'm glad I read it here, because it'll probably be the only time I hear of it
:clap:

Of course not. You will not see those in the liberal media blaming Ms Palin for the AZ shooting step up and call this guy on his comments. Nor will you see the posters here who also tried to blame Ms Palin for causing the AZ shootings say anything about this guy either

You know the same people who are strong supporters of "civility"?

Monkeybone
06-09-2011, 07:11 AM
and what would've happened to me if I would have said this before Obama was elected? Not only being racist, my door would've been kicked in.

hortysir
06-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Yep....still conveniently ignored
:coffee:

NightTrain
06-09-2011, 10:23 PM
How very disappointing. I remember watching Titus and I really thought he was funny in his show he had years ago.

Not anymore.

red states rule
06-10-2011, 03:54 AM
I wonder if the liberal media ever reports this story if they will blame Sarah Palin for inciting the call for violence against herself?

NightTrain
06-11-2011, 03:30 PM
I emailed Titus about this, telling him what I thought about it and how disappointed I am with him.

Surprisingly, I got a response from him :

I usually dont respond to people but you seemed at least sane. It was a joke, apologized for it the next day. Hope you check out the new special.
Peace
Titus

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:33 PM
I emailed Titus about this, telling him what I thought about it and how disappointed I am with him.

Surprisingly, I got a response from him :

Amazing how when libs tell us how they REALLY feel they retreat from it by saying it was either a joke, their words were taken out of context, or the person repsorting what they said is a political hack

hortysir
06-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Sounds like damage control from his PR guy to pull in some ratings.
Not knowing for sure, all I can do is accept the apology and see if he continues on this course.

red states rule
06-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Sounds like damage control from his PR guy to pull in some ratings.
Not knowing for sure, all I can do is accept the apology and see if he continues on this course.

Of course it is damage control. When liberals actualy speak the truth and tell us what they really think they piss off a majority of the people

Many of the people buy their products and tickets to their show. They are not really sorry about what they said, they are trying to keep their customers and protect their income

hortysir
06-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Do you think that, similar to politicians, some of what they say isn't what they really think? They only say it to draw in a certain demography??

Just playing the other side, here....

red states rule
06-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Do you think that, similar to politicians, some of what they say isn't what they really think? They only say it to draw in a certain demography??

Just playing the other side, here....

Of course it is

Just like when Newt ended his campaign by saying Ryan's Medicare plan was "right wing social engineering'

Or when Dick Durbin compared our troops in Iraq to Pol Pot and Nazi's on the Senate floor

Both offered lame ass excuses but both said what they were really thinking at the time

hortysir
06-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Ok...
Point made and taken!!
:laugh2:

red states rule
06-14-2011, 02:28 AM
Ok...
Point made and taken!!
:laugh2:

Another good example is John "I served in Viet Nam" Kerry calling the troops uneducated. He said what he realy thought then called it a "botched" joke

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vLuMWiQ6r2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

red states rule
06-15-2011, 03:42 AM
and what would've happened to me if I would have said this before Obama was elected? Not only being racist, my door would've been kicked in.

and the liberal media would have "reported" he was a member of the Tea Party