PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Romney, Palin See Boost; Obama Vulnerable

red states rule
06-08-2011, 03:35 AM
So much for Obama being unbeatable and a lock on being reelected

Obama, the liberal media, and his supporters are still whining how he inherited all his problems from Pres Bush

All of them are showing they have no intention of accepting the blame for his failed policies

An announcement bump for Mitt Romney and a bus-tour boost for Sarah Palin put the pair atop the field for the Republican presidential nomination. But while their primary standings are similar, their broader prospects for election look vastly different.

Romney appears formidable: In a general-election trial heat in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll he runs evenly with Barack Obama among all Americans, and numerically outpoints him, 49-46 percent, among registered voters -- not a statistically significant lead, given sampling error, but a clear reflection of Obama's vulnerability to a well-positioned challenger.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-news-poll-romney-pulls-obama-head-head/story?id=13776546

CSM
06-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Even if you agree that Obama inherited all his problems from Bush, I would think that Obama got elected because he would SOLVE those problems. His failure to do so should be the issue to those who voted for Obama. I have always thought the office of the President of the United States should provide LEADERSHIP in solving this nation's problems. I don't want or need leadership in whining about those problems. Let's face it, the government has pretty much shot it's wad and now have no idea what the heck to do.

Gaffer
06-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I've never liked romney and don't want him running, but he's the media's choice. Palin is the whipping girl while the media maneuvers romney into place. romney's just another mccain.

gabosaurus
06-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Romney is the only credible challenge to Obama. If the GOP hierarchy is smart, they will embrace him right now.

Thunderknuckles
06-08-2011, 01:00 PM
It's a bump and that is all. Those things come and go so don't get too excited. As of today, I still say it's an uphill battle for any Republican to beat him. However, If unemployment, gas prices, debt, and deficit continue to rise for the rest of his presidency, then you can get excited because that will make him very vulnerable.

Abbey Marie
06-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Although this poll's results are nice, I really wish that polls wouldn't be allowed until the nominees are in place. I would love a chance, for ONCE, to be able to vote for the person I think best, without the media and the polls affecting so many people's opinion early on.

It succeeds in winnowing out our the best candidates before they get a chance to really be heard.

fj1200
06-08-2011, 01:38 PM
It's a bump and that is all. Those things come and go so don't get too excited. As of today, I still say it's an uphill battle for any Republican to beat him. However, If unemployment, gas prices, debt, and deficit continue to rise for the rest of his presidency, then you can get excited because that will make him very vulnerable.

A Romney bump? No chance. For BO to be tied, let alone behind, at this point means he has big trouble. Top it off that, depending on your poll, he doesn't have a plurality and is only up by 5? to Palin of all people should have his supporters running scared.

red states rule
06-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Romney is the only credible challenge to Obama. If the GOP hierarchy is smart, they will embrace him right now.

Coming from you that tells me Romney is NOT the choice of Republicans to beat Obama. Besides it is not like YOU would vote for anyone except Obama

red states rule
06-09-2011, 02:53 AM

ABC has a poll out showing 47% will NOT vote for Obama again. The number can only go up thanks to Obamanomics