PDA

View Full Version : NY Times Asks Readers To Help Dig Up Dirt On Sarah Palin

red states rule
06-10-2011, 04:04 AM
The libs are getting worried and are massing their army of Palin haters to start the offensive

Help Us Review the Sarah Palin E-Mail Records
By DEREK WILLIS
On Friday, the State of Alaska will release more than 24,000 of Sarah Palin’s e-mails covering much of her tenure as governor of Alaska. Times reporters will be in Juneau, the state capital, to begin the process of reviewing the e-mails, which we will be posting on NYtimes.com starting on Friday afternoon.

We’re asking readers to help us identify interesting and newsworthy e-mails, people and events that we may want to highlight. Interested users can fill out a simple form to describe the nature of the e-mail, and provide a name and e-mail address so we’ll know who should get the credit. Join us here on Friday afternoon and into the weekend to participate.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/help-us-investigate-the-sarah-palin-e-mail-records/

red states rule
06-10-2011, 04:44 PM
If only the NY Times asked their readers do this with Obama in 2007 perhaps the US economy would be in better shape

Thunderknuckles
06-10-2011, 05:05 PM
The libs are getting worried and are massing their army of Palin haters to start the offensive
One can only hope the Libs spend vast amounts of resources and time in an offensive against a person who isn't even running for President.

red states rule
06-10-2011, 05:07 PM
One can only hope the Libs spend vast amounts of resources and time in an offensive against a person who isn't even running for President.

They are spending vast amounts of resources and time in an offensive against a person they FEAR and worry WILL run and be Obama's opponet in 2012

and libs say the NY Times is NOT in their hip pocket

maineman
06-10-2011, 06:35 PM
trust me... democrats would love nothing more that to have Palin be the republican nominee in 2012. I happen to believe that GOP koolaid soaked primary voters will willfully and completely disregard any negatives that this email exploration uncovers, so, hopefully, they will continue to fawn over caribou barbie while the rest of the country will see her as even more damaged goods than they do now.

This seems like a fairly cost effective way to damage her with all the voters that WON'T decide who the GOP nominee will be.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:25 AM
trust me... democrats would love nothing more that to have Palin be the republican nominee in 2012. I happen to believe that GOP koolaid soaked primary voters will willfully and completely disregard any negatives that this email exploration uncovers, so, hopefully, they will continue to fawn over caribou barbie while the rest of the country will see her as even more damaged goods than they do now.

This seems like a fairly cost effective way to damage her with all the voters that WON'T decide who the GOP nominee will be.

Why would it matter to you who the Republicans nonminate Virgil? Jesus Christ himself could run against Obama and you would still vote against him

It has been, and always will be, party over country with you

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Oh no, they may have found something in those emails.

Sarah Palin emails: Selection as vice presidential nominee sparked jubilant exchanges between governor, staff

The email account of Aug. 29, 2008, the day John McCain announced Palin as his running mate, tells a tale of jubilant shock and amazement from Palin devotees.

Palin's staff fired off emails praising her speech – and got lots of love back from the new vice presidential nominee.

"Wow governor! Just watched you on TV!" wrote budget director Karen Rehfeld. "You knocked their socks off!"

"Can you believe it!" Palin replied. "He told me yesterday -- it moved fast! Pray! I love you."

Vice President Dick Cheney called the governor's office requesting a call back.

"Talked to him. Thank you – you rock – i love you!!!" Palin wrote to Janice Mason, her scheduler and executive secretary.

"You sure knew how to wake me up from a dead sleep this morning!" wrote staffer Mindy Rowland. "You must have been busting at the seams wanting to tell us all...Tell Piper that she did great and that her hairstyle shows really good on TV :)."

"I'm telling Piper that right now!" Palin replied. "Thank you, I love you guys!"

In response to a congratulatory note from Marty Rutherford, Palin's gas pipeline chief, Palin wrote: "Thank you – you rock – I love you – hold the fort down for me and kick TC in the butt as they hustle towards our gasoline??? :)" (TC is believed to stand for pipeline company TransCanada.)

News of the nomination crashed the Alaska governor's website.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-pn-palin-emails-vp-announcement-20110610,0,2716970.story

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:06 AM

and of course Obama is doing such a fine job delivering all that hope and change he promised - why should he worry about any opponent the Republicans put up?

Right Virgil?

BTW, from RCP

Obama Approval: Gallup 45% | Rasmussen 47% | RCP Average 47.5%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

So much for his OBL bounce

PostmodernProphet
06-11-2011, 07:41 AM
They are spending vast amounts of resources and time in an offensive against a person they FEAR and worry WILL run and be Obama's opponet in 2012

and libs say the NY Times is NOT in their hip pocket

with any luck this will keep the liberal pundits preoccupied for half the campaign season.....

maineman
06-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Why would it matter to you who the Republicans nonminate Virgil? Jesus Christ himself could run against Obama and you would still vote against him

It has been, and always will be, party over country with you

why would it mater who the republicans nominate? that's a rather silly question. If the republicans nominated a strong viable candidate, it would therefore be harder for the President to be reelected. If they nominated someone ditzy like caribou barbie whose real strength is confined to the far right fringe of the republican party, it would be easier for the President to be reelected.

And like I have said before, I voted for John Anderson, a lifelong republican, over Jimmy Carter in 1980... so your last sentence is inaccurate.... knowingly inaccurate.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 10:58 AM
why would it mater who the republicans nominate? that's a rather silly question. If the republicans nominated a strong viable candidate, it would therefore be harder for the President to be reelected. If they nominated someone ditzy like caribou barbie whose real strength is confined to the far right fringe of the republican party, it would be easier for the President to be reelected.

And like I have said before, I voted for John Anderson, a lifelong republican, over Jimmy Carter in 1980... so your last sentence is inaccurate.... knowingly inaccurate.

Thats funny Virgil. Another lib named moderate democrat said he voted for Anderson as well. Damn, 2 votes out of 5,719,850 accounted for :laugh2:

The way Obamanomics is destroying the economy, anyone the Republicnas put up will beat Obama. I guess in your world the economy is fine and people need to stop expecting too much from the Bamster

red states rule
06-11-2011, 11:01 AM
WOW!! Email BOMBSHELL folks!! Palin kept this hidden for years and now it is public

In one email, dated Jan. 2, 2007 (PDF file opens in a new window), Sarah Palin reminds an aide that even though she’s a hunter, she’s opposed to bear hunting in the McNeil River State Game Sanctuary, 200 square miles of protected wildlife habitat located approximately 250 miles southwest of Anchorage. Her argument invokes fond memories of growing up in Alaska. She writes:

“I am a hunter. I grew up hunting – some of my best memories growing up are of hunting with my dad to help feel our freezer… I want Alaskans to have access to wildlife… BUT – he’s asking if I support hunting the bears in the sanctuary? No, I don’t… I don’t know any Alaskans who do support hunting the McNeil bears that frequent the viewing area. Many Alaskan and Outside visitors view these animals on the McNeil river, within the sanctuary, and, as my parents have reported back after their viewing trip, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience to see such beauty on that river.”

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/06/10/6825771-all-the-released-palin-emails-are-now-back-in-their-electronic-form-online

maineman
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Thats funny Virgil. Another lib named moderate democrat said he voted for Anderson as well. Damn, 2 votes out of 5,719,850 accounted for :laugh2:

The way Obamanomics is destroying the economy, anyone the Republicnas put up will beat Obama. I guess in your world the economy is fine and people need to stop expecting too much from the Bamster

you missed my point, imagine that. you asked why I cared who the republicans nominated. I gave you a clear explanation. You said that I have always voted for only democrats. I pointed out the fact that I had told you on several previous occasions that that was not correct.

Even your formerly beloved polling site, Real Clear Politics, has the average of many polls showing that, even after six weeks of bad economic news, more people approve of Obama's performance than disapprove of it.

interesting, huh?

red states rule
06-11-2011, 11:10 AM
you missed my point, imagine that. you asked why I cared who the republicans nominated. I gave you a clear explanation. You said that I have always voted for only democrats. I pointed out the fact that I had told you on several previous occasions that that was not correct.

Even your formerly beloved polling site, Real Clear Politics, has the average of many polls showing that, even after six weeks of bad economic news, more people approve of Obama's performance than disapprove of it.

interesting, huh?

Virgil, you SAY you voted for a Republican in 1980 and based on your previous lies I am considering the source

No matter how more damage Obama does to the economy you will vote for him again

As far as Obama's great poll numbers here they are

He is heading in the same direction as the US economy under Obamanomics

57.6% average with Gallup putting him at 45%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Abbey Marie
06-11-2011, 11:11 AM
You have to love how Dems simultaneously say Palin is unelectable, yet spend endless amounts of time trying to bring her down. No one spends that much time working against a candidate they don't fear. Morons.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 11:14 AM
You have to love how Dems simultaneously say Plain is unelectable, yet spend endless amounts of time trying to bring her down. No one spends that much time working against a candidate they don't fear. Morons.

or trying to bring down her kids

Dems will even attack a child with Down Syndrome in their quest to retain their power

What compassion Abbey!

maineman
06-11-2011, 11:15 AM
As far as Obama's great poll numbers here they are

thank you. that link proves that, JUST as I said, "Even your formerly beloved polling site, Real Clear Politics, has the average of many polls showing that, even after six weeks of bad economic news, more people approve of Obama's performance than disapprove of it.

interesting, huh?"

maineman
06-11-2011, 11:16 AM
You have to love how Dems simultaneously say Plain is unelectable, yet spend endless amounts of time trying to bring her down. No one spends that much time working against a candidate they don't fear. Morons.

please reread post #5

red states rule
06-11-2011, 11:19 AM
thank you. that link proves that, JUST as I said, "Even your formerly beloved polling site, Real Clear Politics, has the average of many polls showing that, even after six weeks of bad economic news, more people approve of Obama's performance than disapprove of it.

interesting, huh?"

Shows how bad Obama is doing when you giddy over his approval rating of 45% to 47%

and Rasmussen has this

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/june_2011/obama_approval_index_june_11_2011/483838-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_june_11_2011.jpg

More and more people are saying the economy is heading for a depression - yet Virgil is happy with Obama's job performance and his approval numbers

red states rule
06-11-2011, 11:30 AM
BTW folks, for full discloisure Virgil is gleeful over the following average for Obama

APPROVE 47.6%

DISAPPROVE 46.5%

So in Virgil's world there is no need to have an election - Obama has this thing locked up :laugh2:

maineman
06-11-2011, 12:05 PM
BTW folks, for full discloisure Virgil is gleeful over the following average for Obama

APPROVE 47.6%

DISAPPROVE 46.5%

So in Virgil's world there is no need to have an election - Obama has this thing locked up :laugh2:

like I said, even after six weeks of bad economic news, more people approve of his performance than disapprove of it. the poll YOU posted shows just that.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

and this link shows that, even after all that bad news, Obama still holds a double digit lead over every republican challenger except Romney... and we all know how much fun it will be to have Obama praising Mitt for his leadership in healthcare!... plus... I have a hard time imagining that the tea party folks will be willing to get onboard for a flip flopping mormon.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 12:09 PM
like I said, even after six weeks of bad economic news, more people approve of his performance than disapprove of it. the poll YOU posted shows just that.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

and this link shows that, even after all that bad news, Obama still holds a double digit lead over every republican challenger except Romney... and we all know how much fun it will be to have Obama praising Mitt for his leadership in healthcare!... plus... I have a hard time imagining that the tea party folks will be willing to get onboard for a flip flopping mormon.

As usal Virgil you are full of shit

2012 Match-ups: Obama, Romney Tied at 45%; Obama 48%, Palin 42%

If the 2012 presidential election were held today, President Obama and possible Republican nominee Mitt Romney would be all tied up at 45% each, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

The president, seeking a second four-year term, beats another potential GOP rival, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, by six points – 48% to 42%.

In both match-ups, seven percent (7%) like some other candidate, with three percent (3%) undecided.

Palin is second only to Romney as the presidential candidate Republican voters say right now that they’ll vote for in 2012 state GOP primaries. But she’s also one of two candidates they least hope wins the party’s nomination.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/2012_match_ups_obama_romney_tied_at_45_obama_48_pa lin_42

and with the economic news getting worse and the Dow tanking, Obama is worried and deep down so are you Virgil

maineman
06-11-2011, 12:25 PM
but remember... how real clear politics was SO much better than other polling sites because it averaged the results from many different polls thus averaging out the biases that single polls might exhibit? I clearly remember someone making that argument on USMB... don't you remember it?

All I did was post the data from that well respected site, that averaged poll results and shows that Obama has a double digit lead over every republican except Mitt... and with Mitt, Obama's lead is only 5.7.

I can't believe that someone would say that real clear politics was "full of shit".
:dance:

red states rule
06-11-2011, 12:28 PM
but remember... how real clear politics was SO much better than other polling sites because it averaged the results from many different polls thus averaging out the biases that single polls might exhibit? I clearly remember someone making that argument on USMB... don't you remember it?

All I did was post the data from that well respected site, that averaged poll results and shows that Obama has a double digit lead over every republican except Mitt... and with Mitt, Obama's lead is only 5.7.

I can't believe that someone would say that real clear politics was "full of shit".
:dance:

You stated EVERY poll Obama leads all but Romney by double digits. Again you have been proven a liar

Maybe that poll is why you libs are gunning for her

2012 will be about Obama's policies, his record, and the economy

Three strikes and he is out

red states rule
06-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Oh my Virgil this would turn your hair gray - if you had any

A liberal poll about a person who is not even running!!!

Palin Ties Obama in Key Swing States: OH, NC, NV, MO, PA

Nevada – Obama 46.5% Palin 43%

In 2008, Obama won Nevada by 12.5%. Today, he would lead Sarah Palin by just 3.5%, a statistical tie.

Sample: 35% D, 33% R, 32% I

Notes: PPP used a 45% D Sample which was 10 points higher than Dem turnout in 2010 and 8 points higher than in 2008. Among Independents, Palin leads Obama by 2 percent, a big swap from Obama’s 14% margin over McCain in 2008 among Independents.

Ohio – Obama 46% Palin 43.5%

In 2008, Obama won Ohio by 4.5%. Today, his lead against Sarah Palin would be just 2.5%, a statistical tie.

Sample: 36% D, 36% R, 28% I

Notes: PPP used a 45% D Sample which is 9 points higher than Dem turnout in 2010 and 6 points higher than in 2008. Among Independents, Palin leads Obama by 1%, a group he won by 7% in 2008.

North Carolina – Obama 47.5% Palin 43.5%

In 2008, Obama won NC by <1%. Today, Obama would be in a statistical tie with Palin.

Sample: R 40%, D 39%, I 21%

Notes: PPP used a 48% (!) Dem sample which is 9 points higher than 2010 (est) and 6 points higher than 2008. Poll showed Obama leading among Independents, but there were too few Independents examined for positive reading. In reality, McCain and Bush both won NC independents by double digits. With more accurate Indy data, Palin would lead.

Missouri - Obama 45% Palin 44%

Sample 37% R, 34% D, 28% I

Notes: 97% of Democrats are decided. But as is common, there is 14% undecided among Republicans and 12% with Independents. The Republican undecideds would likely break Palin 8-1 and the Indepents towards Palin 3-2, or 2-2 at worst.

Pennsylvania – Obama 46% Palin 42%

Sample: 37% R, 40% D, 23% I

Notes: PPP had an amazing 51% Dem sample! This is a solid 11 points higher than 2010, 7 points higher than 2008, and 10 points higher than 2004.

http://pollinsider.com/2011/06/10/palin-ties-obama-in-key-swing-states-oh-nc-nv-mo-pa/

maineman
06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
You stated EVERY poll Obama leads all but Romney by double digits. Again you have been proven a liar.

provide a link where I said that, or please retract it.

I'll wait.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 12:44 PM
OK Virgil, I misread your post

Besides the same hair style, this guy is more informed then you are :laugh2:

Keep ignoring what the voters are saying Virgil - just like you did in 2010

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102194" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maineman
06-11-2011, 02:12 PM
RCP has Obama leading every republican but Mitt by double digits.

RCP has Obama leading Mitt by 5.7%

Everyone knows that Mitt has a REAL problem with Massachusetts Romneycare hanging around his neck.

many people wonder whether tea partiers - especially the biblethumping branch - will be able to support Mitt OR Huntsman because they believe that mormonism is nothing but a cult.

who will be the GOP's white knight?

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:15 PM
RCP has Obama leading every republican but Mitt by double digits.

RCP has Obama leading Mitt by 5.7%

Everyone knows that Mitt has a REAL problem with Massachusetts Romneycare hanging around his neck.

many people wonder whether tea partiers - especially the biblethumping branch - will be able to support Mitt OR Huntsman because they believe that mormonism is nothing but a cult.

who will be the GOP's white knight?

And everyone knows Obama has the economy to answer for.

He is losing support with the youth vote as college grads can't find jobs

People are losing the homes and paying $50 or more to gas up their cars

We shall see what happens Virgil, but your boy Obama is not doing very well right now - except in your eyes

Abbey Marie
06-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Oh my Virgil this would turn your hair gray - if you had any

A liberal poll about a person who is not even running!!!

My point exactly!

Abbey Marie
06-11-2011, 02:20 PM

Actually, it was this post that induced me to make my post. There is no denying that the Dems are scared of Palin. The evidence is all over, even right here on this board. Palinphobia is causing them to stay focused on her even though she isn't running for office.

Your last sentence is illogical. There is no need to damage her image with people who won't vote for her anyway.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:20 PM
My point exactly!

this may be why the liberal media is spending so much time and money looking over her emails

and attacking her children

and accusing her of accessory to murder

More liberal compassion and civility Abbey

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Actually, it was this post that induced me to make my post. There is no denying that the Dems are scared of Palin. The evidence is all over, even right here on this board. Palinphobia is causing them to stay focused on her even though she isn't running for office.

Your last sentence is illogical. There is no need to damage her image with people who won't vote for her anyway.

People have to ask if they are better off during the Obama rcovery or if they better off during the Bush recession

maineman
06-11-2011, 02:29 PM
And everyone knows Obama has the economy to answer for.

He is losing support with the youth vote as college grads can't find jobs

People are losing the homes and paying $50 or more to gas up their cars

We shall see what happens Virgil, but your boy Obama is not doing very well right now - except in your eyes

and in the eyes of the highly touted polling site, real clear politics, which, as we know, shows him leading all republican challengers by healthy - most REALLY healthy - margins...

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:31 PM
and in the eyes of the highly touted polling site, real clear politics, which, as we know, shows him leading all republican challengers by healthy - most REALLY healthy - margins...

Keep ignoring post #25, the Washington Post poll, and your own lying eye Virgil.

Keep telling us Obama has nothing to worry about

Maybe you might even convince yourself

maineman
06-11-2011, 02:33 PM

if you can find stuff in those emails that makes the already squeamish middle run away from her, at the same time that stuff is ignored by the tea partiers and other hardcore republican faithful WHO ARE THE CORE PRIMARY VOTERS, then you improve the chance that if she does get the nomination because of the blinders worn by those primary voters, she will be facing a general electorate who is really turned off by her.

understand now? nothing illogical about it at all.

maineman
06-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Keep ignoring post #25, the Washington Post poll, and your own lying eye Virgil.

Keep telling us Obama has nothing to worry about

Maybe you might even convince yourself

I have no doubt that some polls show differently than others. that is the really good thing about RCP... it averages the results of many polls which tends to balance out the biases.... or so I was told a long time ago by an avid RCP supporter.

Why do YOU keep running away from that RCP page that shows Obama whipping every GOP hopeful?:laugh:

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:35 PM
if you can find stuff in those emails that makes the already squeamish middle run away from her, at the same time that stuff is ignored by the tea partiers and other hardcore republican faithful WHO ARE THE CORE PRIMARY VOTERS, then you improve the chance that if she does get the nomination because of the blinders worn by those primary voters, she will be facing a general electorate who is really turned off by her.

Very bad stuff there in the emails so far Virgil

She is a hunter and her staff was happy over her VP selection

Wow, if that does not turn people off to her nothing will :laugh2:

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:36 PM
I have no doubt that some polls show differently than others. that is the really good thing about RCP... it averages the results of many polls which tends to balance out the biases.... or so I was told a long time ago by an avid RCP supporter.

Why do YOU keep running away from that RCP page that shows Obama whipping every GOP hopeful?:laugh:

You are talking about Obama's approval numbers Virgil not the polls showing how he does against a named Republican

But keep trying. Desperate people do desperate things

maineman
06-11-2011, 02:42 PM
You are talking about Obama's approval numbers Virgil not the polls showing how he does against a named Republican

But keep trying. Desperate people do desperate things

I was talking about both, and I have posted links to both RCP pages here in this thread. According to RCP, more americans approve of the president than disapprove of him. According to RCP, Obama kicks every GOP contender's butt.

who IS gonna be your white knight, and how will he overcome the fundraising lead of Mitt the mormon and his record of Romneycare?

can you explain either of those RCP poll pages?

maineman
06-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Very bad stuff there in the emails so far Virgil

She is a hunter and her staff was happy over her VP selection

Wow, if that does not turn people off to her nothing will :laugh2:

operative words: so far

lol

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:45 PM
I was talking about both, and I have posted links to both RCP pages here in this thread. According to RCP, more americans approve of the president than disapprove of him. According to RCP, Obama kicks every GOP contender's butt.

who IS gonna be your white knight, and how will he overcome the fundraising lead of Mitt the mormon and his record of Romneycare?

can you explain either of those RCP poll pages?

Virgil, I diubt if RCP is counting the more recent polls taken. You can continue to live in your bubble where high gas prices, 9.1% unemployment, record deficits and spending, sinking consumer confidence, and a falling stock market mean nothing when a Dem is President

But in the real world where people have to make ends meet, put food on the table, and keep a roof over their heads it does

You keep your blue nose high in the air and live in your fantasy world where liberalism never fails and government is the answer to all problems - pretty much like you were before the November 2, 2010 election

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:46 PM
operative words: so far

lol

Why don't you offer your services to the NY Times and start looking?

Abbey Marie
06-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Oh yes, I am sure people are acting based on all of this pretzel logic. What you are seeing here, and it is quite simple and logical, is people reacting with Palinphobia and trying desperately to find anything they can to discredit her. No need to wrench another convoluted interpetation from it.

maineman
06-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Why don't you offer your services to the NY Times and start looking?

I got a whole raft of new homes in Merida Mexico to start looking at. I don't have the time!:laugh:

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Oh yes, I am sure people are acting based on all of this pretzel logic. What you are seeing here, and it is quite simple and logical, is people reacting with Palinphobia and trying desperately to find anything they can to discredit her. No need to wrench another convoluted interpetation from it.

Abbey stop the presses!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBS has blown the roof off the Palin camp with these emails

This is a shocker Abbey

2008 emails show Palin angling for VP slot

(AP)
JUNEAU, Alaska — Much of the country was taken by surprise when Sarah Palin became the Republican vice presidential candidate in August 2008, but newly-released emails make it clear that the little-known Alaska governor was angling for the slot months before Sen. John McCain asked her to join him on the GOP ticket.

Earlier that summer, Palin and her staff began pushing to find a larger audience for the governor, wedging her into national conversations and nudging the McCain campaign to notice her.

Palin and her staff talked excitedly on June 19 about plans to repeal Alaska's fuel tax. Ivy Frye, a longtime Palin aide and friend, said she would send details to McCain staffers when they became available.

"They're going to love it!" Frye wrote. "More vp talk is never a bad thing, whether you're considering vp or not. I still say President Palin sounds better tho..."

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/06/11/politics/main20070648.shtml#ixzz1Ozz6laAb

maineman
06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Virgil, I diubt if RCP is counting the more recent polls taken. You can continue to live in your bubble where high gas prices, 9.1% unemployment, record deficits and spending, sinking consumer confidence, and a falling stock market mean nothing when a Dem is President

But in the real world where people have to make ends meet, put food on the table, and keep a roof over their heads it does

You keep your blue nose high in the air and live in your fantasy world where liberalism never fails and government is the answer to all problems - pretty much like you were before the November 2, 2010 election

you doubt that the highly respected polling site, Real Clear Politics, uses current polls?

I wonder when they started slacking off? :laugh:

revelarts
06-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Palin is one of those people that partisans can love or hate.

Here's a weird thought
Palin is the rights Michel Moore.

The right loves to comment on what Micheal Moore has to say even though he's not running for Jack.

The left likes to comment on what Palin says or does even though it doesn't seem she running either.

And Both have a large # supporters/followers and some are rabid.

Both make a striking presence on tv.
---In the broadest definition of striking---
And both can be annoyingly pithy with the edgy quote that can be twisted outta context for their opposition to be outraged by and gives an excuse to never really listen to what they have to say.

maineman

let's say that the GOP is divided (it really is)

let's say that the tea party contingent and the evangelical social conservative element on the right hand side of the GOP makes up the more committed primary voters. (they really do)

let's say that I can show some political tidbit to the non-teaparty, non-biblethumping side of the GOP and that tidbit makes them feel more uneasy about Palin.

let's say that tidbit A does not bother the right side of the GOP at all and the mere fact that democrats are even trying to dig up tidbit A actually further energizes them.

what do those suppositions do to the chances of a Palin nomination and a Palin election?

simple question.

red states rule
It is funny to see the liberal media huff and puff over this

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — Much of the country was taken by surprise when Sarah Palin became the Republican vice presidential candidate in August 2008, but newly released emails make it clear that the little-known Alaska governor was angling for the slot months before Sen. John McCain asked her to join him on the GOP ticket.

Earlier that summer, Palin and her staff began pushing to find a larger audience for the governor, wedging her into national conversations and nudging the McCain campaign to notice her.

Palin and her staff talked excitedly on June 19 about plans to repeal Alaska’s fuel tax. Ivy Frye, a longtime Palin aide and friend, said she would send details to McCain staffers when they became available.

“They’re going to love it!” Frye wrote. “More vp talk is never a bad thing, whether you’re considering vp or not. say President Palin sounds better tho…”

The glimpse into Palin came in more than 24,000 pages of emails released Friday from her first 21 months as governor. They showed a Palin involved closely in the day-to-day business of the state while trying to cope with the increasing pressures that came with her rise from small-town mayor to governor to national prominence.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/palin-emails-show-her-eyeing-vp-slot-in-summer-08/

red states rule
06-11-2011, 02:59 PM
let's say that the GOP is divided (it really is)

let's say that the tea party contingent and the evangelical social conservative element on the right hand side of the GOP makes up the more committed primary voters. (they really do)

let's say that I can show some political tidbit to the non-teaparty, non-biblethumping side of the GOP and that tidbit makes them feel more uneasy about Palin.

let's say that tidbit A does not bother the right side of the GOP at all and the mere fact that democrats are even trying to dig up tidbit A actually further energizes them.

what do those suppositions do to the chances of a Palin nomination and a Palin election?

simple question.

Lets say libs like you want to run away from Obama's record

Lets say the last thing libs like you want to do is tell the voters why they should give Obama another 4 years

Lets say libs like you do not want to explain how $5 trillion dollars spent to stimulate the economy has only made it worse

Lets say libs like you only want to attack the other side and not defend the record of the current President

What this mean for liberals backing Obama? They have nothing to offer the voters which is fine since Obama has done nothing to deserve re-election

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Lets say the last thing libs like you want to do is tell the voters why they should give Obama another 4 years

Lets say libs like you do not want to explain how $5 trillion dollars spent to stimulate the economy has only made it worse

Lets say libs like you only want to attack the other side and not defend the record of the current President

What this mean for liberals backing Obama? They have nothing to offer the voters which is fine since Obama has done nothing to deserve re-election

if the GOP came up with a liberal pro-choice candidate - like Olympia Snowe, for example, that candidate might very well siphon some liberal votes away from Obama - mine included. As it is, any liberal looking at the current GOP field realizes that, even though Obama did NOT deliver single payer health care like we wanted him to, he is still a much better option than anything YOUR party has to offer.

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:10 PM
see....I answered #51... why don't you step up and answer #49?

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:12 PM
if the GOP came up with a liberal pro-choice candidate - like Olympia Snowe, for example, that candidate might very well siphon some liberal votes away from Obama - mine included. As it is, any liberal looking at the current GOP field realizes that, even though Obama did NOT deliver single payer health care like we wanted him to, he is still a much better option than anything YOUR party has to offer.

We all know you support the mirder of the unborn Virgil - no news there

Virgil, Reid had to BRIBE Dems to vote for the version of Obamacare we have now - and will be ruled unconstitutional by the USSC

Hell you had the Obama lawyer tell Judges if people did not like the madate all they had to do was earn less money

And congrats on not responding to the points I made about Obama and his policies

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
And congrats on not responding to the points I made about Obama and his policies

omigod... that may be the funniest thing you have ever posted.

pot.... meet kettle. the points you made were made in a post that started out by quoting a post of mine, which asked a simple question... which you failed to respond to. :laugh2:

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:18 PM
omigod... that may be the funniest thing you have ever posted.

pot.... meet kettle. the points you made were made in a post that started out by quoting a post of mine, which asked a simple question... which you failed to respond to. :laugh2:

Where ddi you answer these questions Virgil?

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Where ddi you answer these questions Virgil?

the chronology of this is that I asked a question in #49 which you have yet to address.

you then quoted it and ignored the question and asked a raft of other questions, one of which I took the time to answer even though you haven't answered mine which was asked first.

see how that works?

question...then answer...then new question... then new answer.

funny the way conversations work, ain't it?:laugh:

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:28 PM
the chronology of this is that I asked a question in #49 which you have yet to address.

you then quoted it and ignored the question and asked a raft of other questions, one of which I took the time to answer even though you haven't answered mine which was asked first.

see how that works?

question...then answer...then new question... then new answer.

funny the way conversations work, ain't it?:laugh:

Translation:

I don't have to defend Obama I will simply attack all Republicans.

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Translation:

I don't have to defend Obama I will simply attack all Republicans.

no translation required.

I asked you a question. you ignored that question and, instead of answering it, you asked me a bunch of questions.

that's not how conservations are supposed to work.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
no translation required.

I asked you a question. you ignored that question and, instead of answering it, you asked me a bunch of questions.

that's not how conservations are supposed to work.

Translation:

I want Dems to WIN this election so hell no I will not talk about Obama and the results of his policies

Are you nuts?

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:34 PM
I asked a question that had to do with this very thread.... you ignored it.

and then asked me a bunch of questions that did NOT have to do with this thread. I answered one and asked you to answer the ON TOPIC question that I asked FIRST.

go ahead.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I asked a question that had to do with this very thread.... you ignored it.

and then asked me a bunch of questions that did NOT have to do with this thread. I answered one and asked you to answer the ON TOPIC question that I asked FIRST.

go ahead.

Translation:

I only talk about what I want to talk about. OK?

I have said many times with Obama's piss poor record ANY Republican will beat him in 2012.

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Translation:

I only talk about what I want to talk about. OK?

no. my post was ON TOPIC. Yours was not. My post directly dealt with the ramifications of this NYT email search on the various factions of the republican party. Your list of questions had absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
no. my post was ON TOPIC. Yours was not. My post directly dealt with the ramifications of this NYT email search on the various factions of the republican party. Your list of questions had absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread.

Hey if you want to be like most libs I know and NOT talk about Obama and his "accomplishments" that is fine

If I was suckered into voting for the clod the last thing I would want to talk about is what I helped give America as well

Kathianne
06-11-2011, 05:04 PM
While my dislike of Sarah Palin is quite evident, Abbey's point about the fear of her is well taken. Over and over again, it's the left that brings her up. But less anyone thinks she's the only target of the administration and it's minions in media and community organizers, not so:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/269109/offer-you-cant-refuse-david-kahane

An Offer You Can’t Refuse
June 8, 2011 11:12 A.M.
By David Kahane

Looking to break into the blogosphere? Wanna stick it to the wingnuts and their hate sites like NRO? Itching to poke a finger into Fox News’ collective eyeball?

Well, look no further. Your time has come. MoveOn.org wants you:

We’re cultivating a new place for collective action, and recently launched the “Best of the Progressive Web” project at MoveOn.org to get it rolling. We’re recruiting a team of fiercely intelligent, excited, inspired MoveOn members to join us as contributing reviewers to help us evaluate submitted content and pick the best stuff to publish on our site. This position will not involve writing for publication, though there may be opportunities down the line to contribute at different levels of the process.

“Down the line” — that’s where it’s at, blogo-wise!

Right-wing spin is drowning out the truth. Fox News looms over our political culture. Fewer Americans believe that climate change is real every day. Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sarah Palin drive our national narratives.

We have a plan to make sure that the truth gets out online, but we need smart people to help us make it happen. The effort is led by former senior staff at MoveOn and The Onion; by coming in on the ground floor, you can also help shape it from the beginning.

Well, if editors from The Onion are part of it, include me in! Because what could be more serious than climate change or funnier than the future of the country? Here’s what MoveOn is looking for — remember, this could be you!

• Well “web-read”—you spend time reading and watching on the web
• You’re a solid writer–you can share great ideas through words
• You have a good eye for what people like to read/talk about/share
• You’re excited about new ways of doing things
• You’re progressive—critical, yet focused on change
• You’re creative or you’re inspired by the work of creative people
• You have a sense of humor
• You thrive in a collaborative community built on shared knowledge
• You see the value of sharing progressive content on Facebook and other outlets

Okay, the “sense of humor” stuff may be tough for many of those on our side, who tend to reach for the four-letter word first and ask questions later. But learning by doing is part of the “volunteer” fun — we all have to start somewhere! I mean, you can’t be me right out of the box — you have to earn it.

You can find the application here.

See you in the big leagues of blogging!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/research_destroy_yhiecoqPgh4cpbgEZ4gmmM

Obama digging up dirt on potential opponent Chris Christie

By JOSH MARGOLIN

Last Updated: 5:40 AM, May 23, 2011

Posted: 2:05 AM, May 23, 2011

President Obama's re-election campaign is trying to dig up dirt in the Garden State.

Despite New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's repeated pronouncements that he will not seek the GOP presidential nomination, Obama operatives are compiling a dossier of what they call "opposition research" -- material that could be used to damage Christie if he changes his mind, The Post has learned.

The Obama campaign is trying to keep its efforts from public view, concerned they would only elevate Christie's already impressive standing within the Republican Party, sources said.

The operatives have chosen not to dispatch their own people to New Jersey, but instead are talking to people there and in New York who know Christie from his time in the governor's office, as a gubernatorial candidate and as US attorney.

Obama's campaign manager, Jim Messina, did not respond to messages.

Christie has repeatedly -- and colorfully --said he is not running for president in 2012.

"Short of suicide, I don't really know what I'd have to do to convince you people that I'm not running. I'm not running," he's insisted.

But party leaders have been pushing Christie to enter the race, saying his brand of New Jersey tough talk could put the White House within reach for the GOP.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/research_destroy_yhiecoqPgh4cpbgEZ4gmmM#ixzz1P0XEc FfW

maineman
06-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey if you want to be like most libs I know and NOT talk about Obama and his "accomplishments" that is fine

If I was suckered into voting for the clod the last thing I would want to talk about is what I helped give America as well

hey... look at the title of this thread. If you don't want to TALK about it, why not go to some OTHER thread where you can talk about the things that YOU want to talk about? I posted here ON TOPIC. You ignore it. Why not answer my question?

fj1200
06-11-2011, 10:36 PM

Means nothing right now, polling at this point is based on name recognition and not politics.

red states rule
06-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Dems and the liberal media are getting worried. They are on the verge of a complete implosion as the economy and public opinion go against them

Obama stands up and dismisses a miserable jobs report as a "bump in the road" while millions are losing their jobs and homes

The liberal media (like Virgil and others of his ilk) will suppoort Obama even if the unemployment rate is 15% in November 2012 and gas is $6/gal. It is irrlevant the results of Obama's policies, only that Dems retain (and gain) more political power.

Screw the people and what they want - it is all about what the left wants

[/QUOTE]

red states rule
06-12-2011, 05:50 AM
While my dislike of Sarah Palin is quite evident, Abbey's point about the fear of her is well taken. Over and over again, it's the left that brings her up. But less anyone thinks she's the only target of the administration and it's minions in media and community organizers, not so:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/269109/offer-you-cant-refuse-david-kahane

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/research_destroy_yhiecoqPgh4cpbgEZ4gmmM

Here is a great article from Mark Steyn on those "bumps in the road" as Obama calls them

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/obama-304001-new-road.html

"There are always going to be bumps on the road to recovery,'' President Obama said at a Jeep plant in Toledo the other day. "We're going to pass through some rough terrain that even a Wrangler would have a tough time with.'' His audience booed. They're un-fire-able union members with lavish benefits, and even they weary of the glib lines from his 12-year-old speechwriters.

We're not on the road to recovery. You can't get there from here, as they say. Obama was in Toledo to "celebrate" the sale of the government's remaining stake in Chrysler to Fiat. That's "Fiat" as in the Italian car manufacturer rather than "an authoritative or arbitrary decree (from the Latin 'let it be done')," which would be almost too perfect a name for an Obamafied automobile. The Treasury crowed that Fiat had agreed to pay a whopping $560 million for the government's Chrysler shares.

Wow! 560 million smackeroos! If you laid them out end to end, they're equivalent to what the federal government borrows every three hours. That's some windfall! In the time it takes to fly Obama to Toledo to boast about it, he'd already blown through the Italians' check. But who knows? If every business in the U.S. were to be nationalized and sold to foreigners to cover another three hours' worth of debt, this summer's "Recovery Summer" would be going even more gangbusters. I'd ask one of Obama's egghead economists to explain it to you simpletons, but unfortunately they've all resigned and returned to cozy sinecures in academia. The latest is chief economic advisor Austan Goolsbee, the genius who in 2007, just before the subprime hit the fan, wrote in The New York Times that this exciting new form of home "ownership" was an "innovation" that had "opened doors to the excluded" and was part of an "incredible flowering of new types of home loans."

[/QUOTE]

PostmodernProphet
06-12-2011, 06:17 AM

interesting, huh?"

what I find interesting is that realpolitics graphing of trends shows that no matter how big of a positive bump Obama gets from any event, within a short period of time we go back to more people disapproving than approving.....

red states rule
06-12-2011, 06:19 AM
I wonder if the liberal media would be as eager to pour over the emails of Weiner, Pelosi, and Debbie Schultz.

Alas, as usual the liberla media does not care about liberals being in toruble and they would not bother reading the eamils anyway

Meanwhile the NY Times plays defense on their request for readers to dig up dirt on Sarah Palion

Scores of journalists descended on Juneau this week in preparation for the release of the e-mails. MSNBC.com deputized 40 volunteers, chosen with the help of the League of Women Voters and the Retired Public Employees of Alaska. They were the reinforcements for the team of two journalists from the Web site and six more from NBC News who flew to Juneau.

The New York Times and The Guardian sent reporters armed with scanners and then solicited readers’ assistance. Politico enlisted a dozen editors, reporters and interns who worked as a team from their Northern Virginia newsroom “plowing through” the documents, as one editor described it. The Washington Post initially asked for 100 volunteers to sift through the documents. They were quickly overwhelmed with too many applicants. Unable to screen all of them, the paper abandoned the plan late Thursday, opting instead to invite reader comments.

Were news organizations Dumpster diving, as one outraged reader of The Washington Post put it?

News outlets insisted that they were trying to be as thorough and efficient as possible while reporting on information that the public was entitled to know.

“This is not a witch hunt,” said Jim Roberts, an assistant managing editor at The Times. “There are 25,000 documents here, and we can use all the eyeballs we can get.”

The Times, like The Post and others, uploaded the e-mails onto its Web site and invited readers to sift through them and comment on anything compelling they found. (Because the state of Alaska made the e-mails available only on paper, news organizations had to scan them to make them viewable online.)

“From our perspective, we’re just providing the public records to the public, who own them,” said Bill Dedman, a reporter for MSNBC.com who was helping lead his Web site’s effort. “The people of Alaska will figure out what news or insights they find in their public records.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/11/us/politics/11media.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper

PostmodernProphet
06-12-2011, 06:21 AM

I wonder how he would fare against a Democrat challenger.....

red states rule
06-12-2011, 06:30 AM

Hillary again?

You know damn well Bill and Hillary are both laughing their collective asses off watching Obama stumble through the motions of acting like President of the US

maineman
06-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Means nothing right now, polling at this point is based on name recognition and not politics.

if that were the case, then Palin, former Vice Presidential candidate, would have more "name recognition" than any of the other GOP candidates. Every American should remember Newt Gingrich and recognize HIS name, yet, the poll doesn't reflect your theory so well, does it?:laugh:

maineman
06-12-2011, 07:05 AM

wonder in one hand.... ;)

"if pigs had wings"

red states rule
06-12-2011, 07:06 AM
if that were the case, then Palin, former Vice Presidential candidate, would have more "name recognition" than any of the other GOP candidates. Every American should remember Newt Gingrich and recognize HIS name, yet, the poll doesn't reflect your theory so well, does it?:laugh:

What people WILL remember is they are NOT better off then they were $5 trillion dollars ago (and keep the books open for a higher number in November 2012)

red states rule
06-12-2011, 07:06 AM

"if pigs had wings"

I thought I saw you fly by

maineman
06-12-2011, 11:02 AM
What people WILL remember is they are NOT better off then they were $5 trillion dollars ago (and keep the books open for a higher number in November 2012)

that's your opinion.... it will all depend on the choice your party offers them, and the unemployment number sixteen months from now...

Thunderknuckles
06-12-2011, 01:13 PM
that's your opinion.... it will all depend on the choice your party offers them, and the unemployment number sixteen months from now...
It's a pretty good opinion. If the debt, deficit, unemployment, and gas prices continue to rise, Obama is in serious trouble. The only positives I think he will be able to focus on will be the death of Osama and the moderate success of the GM bailout. That won't be enough to beat even a second tier Republican candidate. Now, if the economy picks up even by a small amount and unemployment improves, the Republicans are toast.

fj1200
06-12-2011, 01:47 PM

My "theory" holds up just fine, Gingrich is too much of an egghead to be liked and Palin has been beaten up so bad that people only know what the media tells them. Besides, tell me the name recognition of Pawlenty, Huntsman, Cain, etc. etc. and then get back to me on my "theory." :rolleyes:

Besides, every American knows Newt? Most Americans probably didn't know who he was when he was Speaker.

maineman
06-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Besides, every American knows Newt? Most Americans probably didn't know who he was when he was Speaker.
now... where did I EVER say that every American knows Newt?

Oh yeah... I didn't.

fj1200
06-12-2011, 08:38 PM
now... where did I EVER say that every American knows Newt?

Oh yeah... I didn't.

:rolleyes:

Every American should remember Newt Gingrich and recognize HIS name...

Are you going to get all semantic on me about the definition of "should"? Either that or you admitting that not every American knowing Newt just adds to the validity of my statement.

Nevertheless, you being wrong is beside the point, polls at this stage are all about name recognition and the perception of BO.

maineman
06-12-2011, 09:19 PM
:rolleyes:

Are you going to get all semantic on me about the definition of "should"? Either that or you admitting that not every American knowing Newt just adds to the validity of my statement.

Nevertheless, you being wrong is beside the point, polls at this stage are all about name recognition and the perception of BO.

"semantics"??? words have meanings... I use them with precision... obviously, you don't.

and, as I have also pointed out... even after six weeks of terrible economic news, more Americans APPROVE of Obama's performance than those who don't.

So... clearly... Americans' perception of BO are not as abysmal as some would have you believe.

fj1200
06-12-2011, 09:24 PM
"semantics"??? words have meanings... I use them with precision... obviously, you don't.

So, you're precisely not admitting to being incorrect?

and, as I have also pointed out... even after six weeks of terrible economic news, more Americans APPROVE of Obama's performance than those who don't.

So... clearly... Americans' perception of BO are not as abysmal as some would have you believe.

Depends on your poll which you seem to be following quite closely, keep hanging on for any bit of good news though.

Kathianne
06-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Is your mom in the ground and do you have the check in hand? If so, time to get back to normal, not that you ever left that. The rest of us have been kind, but if she's in the ground and you have the money to relocate now to Mexico, time for that to end.

maineman
06-12-2011, 09:35 PM
So, you're precisely not admitting to being incorrect?

no. I said that Americans SHOULD know who Newt was. I stand by that. If they don't, they are morons who probably ought not to vote anyway.

Depends on your poll which you seem to be following quite closely, keep hanging on for any bit of good news though.

the poll I follow faithfully is realclearpolitics that averages the results from many polls.

maineman
06-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Is your mom in the ground and do you have the check in hand? If so, time to get back to normal, not that you ever left that. The rest of us have been kind, but if she's in the ground and you have the money to relocate now to Mexico, time for that to end.

how tacky. and I can't remember the last time you have ever been anything to me that was remotely close to "kind"... so... do you have anything to add to this thread or are you just gonna continue your personal tasteless attacks?

Kathianne
06-12-2011, 09:45 PM
how tacky. and I can't remember the last time you have ever been anything to me that was remotely close to "kind"... so... do you have anything to add to this thread or are you just gonna continue your personal tasteless attacks?

I'm waiting for you to say that the funeral is over. If not, I'm sorry. My guess, it's over giving the time you have to spend here.

fj1200
06-12-2011, 09:47 PM
no. I said that Americans SHOULD know who Newt was. I stand by that. If they don't, they are morons who probably ought not to vote anyway.

I thought you'd hang you're hat on that. Nevertheless you'd have to, you won't though, admit my posit was correct.

the poll I follow faithfully is realclearpolitics that averages the results from many polls.

That's a fine aggregate, still doesn't look good for him especially considering the softball press he gets. I wonder how many polls they get which overweight to BO's favor compared to those that don't? Including polls that don't aren't able to closely predict the final results aren't worth much are they?

maineman
06-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm waiting for you to say that the funeral is over. If not, I'm sorry. My guess, it's over giving the time you have to spend here.

there is a memorial service in Florida on the 22nd, and interment on August 5th in Illinois.
now you know.

maineman
06-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I thought you'd hang you're hat on that. Nevertheless you'd have to, you won't though, admit my posit was correct.

if it were, I would.

That's a fine aggregate, still doesn't look good for him especially considering the softball press he gets. I wonder how many polls they get which overweight to BO's favor compared to those that don't? Including polls that don't aren't able to closely predict the final results aren't worth much are they?

it doesn't look good for him that more Americans approve of his performance than those who don't? Really??? I dunno... I think that looks a hell of a lot better for him than if that were reversed.... don't you?

fj1200
06-12-2011, 09:55 PM
if it were, I would.

Doubtful on this point.

it doesn't look good for him that more Americans approve of his performance than those who don't? Really??? I dunno... I think that looks a hell of a lot better for him than if that were reversed.... don't you?

You sure you want to go with that?

In a latest poll, 59 per cent of respondents gave the president negative marks for his handling of the economy, up from 55 per cent a month earlier.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8562052/Barack-Obamas-approval-ratings-on-economy-hit-new-low.html

Like I said that you won't admit to, being ahead in the polls now means more people know BO than know his future opposition.

maineman
06-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Really?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8562052/Barack-Obamas-approval-ratings-on-economy-hit-new-low.html

as I have said, real clear politics averages the results of many polls.

RCP supports my position.

sorry

fj1200
06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
as I have said, real clear politics averages the results of many polls.

RCP supports my position.

sorry

Tell me something I don't know. Overlooking the shortcomings of your argument are detrimental.

red states rule
06-13-2011, 03:07 AM
More on the Palin emails. Here is an email on Ms Palin's unborn son Trig

The same Trig the liberal media has attacked and wished Ms Palin had aborted

The letter is long so click on the link to read it and see why the liberal media is eating a huge shitburger over trying to dig up dirt wuth these emails

The Main Stream Media supposed dirt digging is backfiring as reporters pour over the 24,000 pages of emails released by the state of Alaska Sarah Palin is emerging as a capable politician, a well rounded and thoughtful person, and deeply caring mother, not the ridiculous caricature the media has tried desperately to morph her into

Sarah Palin imagined God talking to her in a deeply touching email she wrote two weeks before her fifth child, Trig, was born with Down’s Syndrome, it was revealed today.

The poignant message to family and friends, included in 25,000 pages of her private emails made public on Friday, may alter the way the former Governor of Alaska is viewed by the American public.

In April 2008, two weeks before Trig was born with Down’s Syndrome, Mrs Palin sent the email to her friends and family from her official government account.

In the touching message, Mrs Palin writes from the voice of God, as ‘Trig’s creator, your heavenly father’.

She addresses the ‘unreal, sad and confusing’ news that her soon-to-be born child will have Down’s Syndrome.

The letter’s existence had previously known, but only very brief excerpts had been made public.

red states rule
06-13-2011, 03:18 AM
at least one person in the liberal media gets it

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102672" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

red states rule
06-13-2011, 03:59 AM
I am so sorry Virgil, but it looks like you guys crapped out on this attempt to smear Ms Palin

American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

The trove of more than 13,000 emails detailing almost every aspect of Sarah Palin’s governorship of Alaska, released late on Friday, paints a picture of her as an idealistic, conscientious, humorous and humane woman slightly bemused by the world of politics.

One can only assume that the Left-leaning editors who dispatched teams of reporters to remote Juneau, the Alaskan capital, to pore over the emails in the hope of digging up a scandal are now viewing the result as a rather poor return on their considerable investment.

If anything, Mrs Palin seems likely to emerge from the scrutiny of the 24,000 pages, contained in six boxes and weighing 275 pounds, with her reputation considerably enhanced. As a blogger at Powerline noted, the whole saga might come to be viewed as “an embarrassment for legacy media”.

Mrs Palin, who suddenly resigned as Alaska governor in July 2009, is no longer a public official. She holds no position in the Republican party. Despite the media hubbub that surrounds her every move, she is unlikely to be a candidate for the White House in 2012.

She is, however, viewed with a kind of horrified fascination by many in the media, who faithfully records everything she says and does while at the same time decrying her as ignorant and even evil.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100091820/american-way-sarah-palin-email-frenzy-backfires-on-her-media-antagonists/

PostmodernProphet
06-13-2011, 06:16 AM

"if pigs had wings"

I wouldn't go so far as calling Obama a pig.....an incompetent president, yes......pig?.....no.....

red states rule
06-13-2011, 04:54 PM
The liberal media continues to waste their time and pass off their actions as "news"

NBC Most Excited by Palin’s E-Mail, Yet Fails to Dig Up Any ‘Bombshells’

Much of the media made fools of themselves with their excited obsession over the release of Sarah Palin’s gubernatorial e-mails, but NBC News went the furthest, sending, as did CNN, reporters to Juneau as the network uniquely led its Friday night newscast by hyping the non-news as a major event. “On the broadcast tonight,” anchor Lester Holt heralded, “mail call. Thousands of pages of e-mail from Sarah Palin's time as Governor. What we're learning about her tonight.”

Following a story from “national investigative correspondent” Michael Isikoff in which “MSNBC.com investigative reporter” Bill Dedman had the gall to complain “we waited longer for these records than Sarah Palin was Governor, almost a thousand days,” NBC’s David Gregory recognized, in an understatement: “As Mike and his team are finding, not a lot of bombshells here.”

ABC also got into the act, but didn’t send any on-air personnel to Juneau. On Saturday’s World News, however, John Berman trumpeted his big discovery proving Palin’s hypocrisy: “While these days Palin is criticizing parts of Michelle Obama’s national battle against obesity...she once e-mailed an aide asking for ‘low carb foods...just don’t want the kids to have too much sugar/white carb stuff.’” That should pretty much discredit her.

CBS showed the best news judgment, not mentioning the Palin e-mails on Friday or Saturday’s CBS Evening News.

Isikoff’s find – Palin once praised something candidate Barack Obama said: “Among the e-mails, this exchange from Palin to an aide written a few weeks before she was picked by McCain, praising then-candidate Obama’s energy policy speech. ‘He gave a great speech this morning in Michigan – mentioned Alaska,’ adding, ‘we need to take advantage of this and write a statement saying he's right on.’ Then in a later e-mail telling an aide, ‘he did say ‘yay’ to our gas line. Pretty cool. Wrong candidate.’ Palin later became one of Obama's fiercest critics on energy policy.”

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2011/06/13/nbc-most-excited-palin-s-e-mail-yet-fails-dig-any-bombshells#ixzz1PCBPPNR2

red states rule
06-13-2011, 05:20 PM

When was the last time you posted anything that remotely deserved a kind response?

Your contempt for most the posters here is well know and can found in your pervious posts under the several names you have posted under

red states rule
06-14-2011, 02:23 AM
Looks like the liberal media is upset over the goose egg they have laid over not finding something - anything - in those emails

At least the guy from TIME admits part of the quest is the bias against Ms Palin

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102700" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

red states rule
06-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Rush sums up the failure of the liberal media perfectly

As usual

Hope you enjoy it Virgil :laugh2:

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102707" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

red states rule
06-14-2011, 04:23 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/110613%20varmint%20RGB20110613054237.jpg

maineman
06-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Rush sums up the failure of the liberal media perfectly

As usual

Hope you enjoy it Virgil

I have no more intention of spending a moment listening to a limpballs clip that you chose than you would of spending an evening listening to a Rachel Maddow show that I recommended. Life is too short.

maineman
06-14-2011, 05:37 AM
When was the last time you posted anything that remotely deserved a kind response?

Your contempt for most the posters here is well know and can found in your pervious posts under the several names you have posted under

I sincerely hope that you are doing well. See. that's a kind response.

red states rule
06-15-2011, 02:20 AM
I have no more intention of spending a moment listening to a limpballs clip that you chose than you would of spending an evening listening to a Rachel Maddow show that I recommended. Life is too short.

I don't blame you Virgil. Why would you want to hear about ANOTHER Democrat and liberal media failure?

There have been so many of them already! :laugh2:

The weekend of their release, the media had to dig deep to fabricate any kind of story from the emails. The Washington Post ran the headline “Sarah Palin e-mails: Palin maintained third e-mail account,” while New York Times highlighted her brief mention of ‘Transformers’ being filmed in Alaska. Of course, those weren’t the stories they were probably hoping to find. For the most part, all 24,000 pages of emails were about mundane politics.

The handling of the email release is now an embarrassing reflection on the standards of the media. Perhaps best summed up by Huffington Post’s Jason Linkins, “it’s really not hard to think that the joke might somehow be on us.”

The joke is on them. Sarah Palin holds no public office and has not declared any candidacy for office, but she still remains the biggest media target. The New York Times and Washington Post had to implore their readers to sift through the emails with them, a clear mechanism designed to find hits against Palin to advance their liberal agendas.

What they found instead was a hard-working governor working to fix problems in Alaska. According to the New York Times, “After a day of frantically poring over the correspondence, with the help of millions of online readers, there were no major revelations but plenty of attempts to dissect the background of a woman who might yet run for president.”

The Washington Post released a similar opinion. “Neither the crowdsourcing nor the traditional analysis by reporters produced any bombshells, but enlisting the public did help engage readers."

Slightly more begrudgingly, the Los Angeles Times even writes “a surprising thing happened after the state of Alaska released more than 24,000 pages of Sarah Palin's emails sent during her term as governor from 2006 to 2008: Like Al Capone’s vault, it turned out there was nothing there.”

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/aubrey-vaughan/2011/06/14/media-left-laments-lack-dirt-sarah-palin-emails#ixzz1PKKfyAv3

red states rule
06-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Poor Virgil. He was hoping something would be found in those eamils and remove a threat to his beloved Obama

But it was not to be. The liberal media crapped out big time

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/110615beelertoon_c20110615035644.jpg

maineman
06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I certainly admit I would have laughed if an email had surfaced where caribou barbie talked about having sex with a moose, but actually, the thing that would have been even better would have been an email that would have infuriated the middle while not bothering the right. that was probably too much to ask for. As it is, the mere search of her emails has aroused the looney right... the tea partiers... and that, itself, might make the email examination worth it. If the tea partiers can get Sarah the nomination, they also get Obama a second term.

red states rule
06-15-2011, 05:18 PM
I certainly admit I would have laughed if an email had surfaced where caribou barbie talked about having sex with a moose, but actually, the thing that would have been even better would have been an email that would have infuriated the middle while not bothering the right. that was probably too much to ask for. As it is, the mere search of her emails has aroused the looney right... the tea partiers... and that, itself, might make the email examination worth it. If the tea partiers can get Sarah the nomination, they also get Obama a second term.

I know YOU would get off on any X rated email Virgil. If fact you have a long history of posting them yourself

Even posts about other posters kids

Just like your fellow libs always do

maineman
06-15-2011, 05:26 PM
I know YOU would get off on any X rated email Virgil. If fact you have a long history of posting them yourself

Even posts about other posters kids

Just like your fellow libs always do

As I said, I think that the net impact of the email search will be positive, from my perspective, if the tea party is energized to support Palin.

red states rule
06-15-2011, 05:28 PM
As I said, I think that the net impact of the email search will be positive, from my perspective, if the tea party is energized to support Palin.

How when the Dems and liberal media layed an egg on this. You were hoping they would find something to remove a threat to the Chosen One

But like Obama, they fell on their ass

maineman
06-15-2011, 06:02 PM
How when the Dems and liberal media layed an egg on this. You were hoping they would find something to remove a threat to the Chosen One

But like Obama, they fell on their ass

Like I have said numerous times in this thread, I think the benefit from this email exploration is first, and foremost, to energize the tea party types like you to support Sarah come hell or high water. It is a democrat's dream to have the GOP nominate her or Michelle.... because they may very well energize the hard right, but they will alienate the middle.

red states rule
06-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Like I have said numerous times in this thread, I think the benefit from this email exploration is first, and foremost, to energize the tea party types like you to support Sarah come hell or high water. It is a democrat's dream to have the GOP nominate her or Michelle.... because they may very well energize the hard right, but they will alienate the middle.

Yea like the middle love the Obama economy Virgil? The middle will want 4 more years of Obamanomics?

I notice you are staying away from those threads Virgil. Are you like Obama and pretending there really is a recovery? :laugh2:

maineman
06-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Yea like the middle love the Obama economy Virgil? The middle will want 4 more years of Obamanomics?

I notice you are staying away from those threads Virgil. Are you like Obama and pretending there really is a recovery? :laugh2:

The economy all over the globe is in the tank... I think that the middle will vote for Obama over Sarah. You don't. That's good from my perspective.

red states rule
06-16-2011, 02:51 AM
The economy all over the globe is in the tank... I think that the middle will vote for Obama over Sarah. You don't. That's good from my perspective.

The economy is deeper in the tank that to Obama

and you also think everyone should vote for Obama no matter how badly he screws up

It is party over country with you as usual

maineman
06-16-2011, 07:06 AM
The economy is deeper in the tank that to Obama

and you also think everyone should vote for Obama no matter how badly he screws up

It is party over country with you as usual

you're like a broken record.

you actually blame Obama for the economy of the world???? :)

If Obama is the cause of our woes, than I don't think that he deserves to be renominated, let alone reelected. Having said that, elections are always about choices, and if the republican party were to offer up caribou barbie as THEIR choice to replace Obama, I would not choose to vote for her.... she's that terrible, imo.

maineman
06-16-2011, 07:41 AM
from the Bureau of Labor Statistics website.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001?output_view=net_1mth

monthly change in total employment

01/08 13
02/02 -83
03/08 -72
04/08 -185
05/08 -233
06/08 -178
07/08 -231
08/08 -267
09/08 -434
10/08 -509
11/08 -802
12/08 -619
01/09 -820
02/09 -726
03/09 -796
04/09 -660
05/09 -386
06/09 -502
07/09 -300
08/09 -231
09/09 -236
10/09 -221
11/09 -55
12/09 -130
01/10 -39
02/10 -35
03/10 192
04/10 277
05/10 458
06/10 -192
07/10 -49
08/10 -59
09/10 -29
10/10 171
11/10 93
12/10 152
01/11 68
02/11 235
03/11 194
04/11 232
05/11 54

That data certainly shows that the rate of Americans LOSING their jobs was MUCH worse under Dubya... and under Obama, the economy lost fewer jobs per month during his first year, and the economy has been CREATING jobs 11 of the last 16 months since then.

Trigg
06-16-2011, 08:40 AM

The e-mail exploration was never about energizing the Palin base, the MSM was trying to "get" her and they've failed miserably. They've made themselves look like obsessed hatemongers.

BTW Palin isn't running for anything and personally I don't think she will.

Independents and idealistic college kids won bambam the election. I predict Independents are going to go republican and, since the college kids have no jobs, there is no excitement this time and I suspect they'll do what they usually do and stay home.

You're right about one thing this election is the GOP's to loose, it will all come down to who they run. Personally I'm pulling for Romney with a very conservative running mate.

maineman
06-16-2011, 11:36 AM
The e-mail exploration was never about energizing the Palin base, the MSM was trying to "get" her and they've failed miserably. They've made themselves look like obsessed hatemongers.

BTW Palin isn't running for anything and personally I don't think she will.

Independents and idealistic college kids won bambam the election. I predict Independents are going to go republican and, since the college kids have no jobs, there is no excitement this time and I suspect they'll do what they usually do and stay home.

You're right about one thing this election is the GOP's to loose, it will all come down to who they run. Personally I'm pulling for Romney with a very conservative running mate.

I never said that the purpose of the email inquiry was to energize the Palin tea party supporters, I said that the result of it may have been that. And if Palin isn't going to run, those energized tea partiers will have Michelle Bachman to support. An equally delightful candidate from the democrat's perspective. Regarding Romney and Huntsman, I have some doubt that conservative evangelicals can bring themselves to support the nomination of someone they feel belongs to a cult. It will be an interesting primary season, that is for sure... and as my previous post points out, the rolls of working Americans are increasing under Obama where they were rapidly decreasing under the previous Republican president. If that continues for the next year, I think it will make it a lot more difficult for whoever survives the GOP primary bloodbath.

Trigg
06-16-2011, 01:44 PM
I never said that the purpose of the email inquiry was to energize the Palin tea party supporters, I said that the result of it may have been that. And if Palin isn't going to run, those energized tea partiers will have Michelle Bachman to support. An equally delightful candidate from the democrat's perspective. Regarding Romney and Huntsman, I have some doubt that conservative evangelicals can bring themselves to support the nomination of someone they feel belongs to a cult. It will be an interesting primary season, that is for sure... and as my previous post points out, the rolls of working Americans are increasing under Obama where they were rapidly decreasing under the previous Republican president. If that continues for the next year, I think it will make it a lot more difficult for whoever survives the GOP primary bloodbath.

I don't think it will be a bloodbath, but please don't stop wringing your hands in glee, it's amusing to watch.

I'm wondering what planet you're living on. What exactly does bambam have to run on???

Unemployment is on the rise AGAIN

housing prices are in the toilet still and the outlook is grim for any recovery there.

Gas prices are still high at just under $4 a gallon

We aren't out of Iraq or Afghanistan and now we're in Libya for no good reason

He's admitted that his "shovel ready" programs didn't exist and his billion dollar stimulus to keep unemployment from going over 8% failed miserably.

Like I said this next election is the GOP's to loose, bambam has nothing to crow about except for how many countries he's visited and how many games of golf he got in. Both wonderful accomplishments.

http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=13307

maineman
06-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't think it will be a bloodbath, but please don't stop wringing your hands in glee, it's amusing to watch.

I'm wondering what planet you're living on. What exactly does bambam have to run on???

Unemployment is on the rise AGAIN

housing prices are in the toilet still and the outlook is grim for any recovery there.

Gas prices are still high at just under $4 a gallon

We aren't out of Iraq or Afghanistan and now we're in Libya for no good reason

He's admitted that his "shovel ready" programs didn't exist and his billion dollar stimulus to keep unemployment from going over 8% failed miserably.

Like I said this next election is the GOP's to loose, bambam has nothing to crow about except for how many countries he's visited and how many games of golf he got in. Both wonderful accomplishments.

http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=13307

the numbers in post #117 are in thousands of employees gained (lost) by month.

Trigg
06-16-2011, 02:22 PM
the numbers in post #117 are in thousands of employees gained (lost) by month.

The numbers pose a problem for the administration, however, in terms of their reflection of economic growth.

Those jobs are temporary ones that will disappear as the Census completes the process of collecting data from people who did not mail in their forms.

In fact, hiring for the Census probably peaked in the first week of May, when 585,729 temporary workers were on the Census payroll, according to the agency’s figures.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/100939-expect-false-jobs-spike

When it's the government doing all the hiring that isn't good news. Especially since all those people promptly lost their jobs after the census was over.

maineman
06-16-2011, 03:11 PM
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/100939-expect-false-jobs-spike

When it's the government doing all the hiring that isn't good news. Especially since all those people promptly lost their jobs after the census was over.

eleven of the last sixteen months positive job growth was CENSUS WORKERS?
:laugh:

Trigg
06-16-2011, 07:41 PM
eleven of the last sixteen months positive job growth was CENSUS WORKERS?
:laugh:

The census hiring covered 7 of those 16 months.

Sorry I gave you credit for reading the links people provided, from now on I'll try to remember you're a dem hack.

red states rule
06-17-2011, 02:45 AM
The census hiring covered 7 of those 16 months.

Sorry I gave you credit for reading the links people provided, from now on I'll try to remember you're a dem hack.

and Virgil was busted with this Trigg on another thread

Twenty-eight months after Congress passed President Obama’s signature economic stimulus law, and nearly one year after he declared the summer of 2010 to be “Recovery Summer,” 1.9 million fewer people are employed.

In February 2009, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that 141.7 million people were employed. By the end of May 2011 – the last month for which data are available – that number had fallen to 139.8 million, a difference of 1.9 million.

While the number of people with jobs has increased slightly from its low point during the recession – 137.9 million in December 2009 – those 1.9 million jobs have been lost despite $800 billion in stimulus spending.

This does not mean that the economy is not creating jobs, but rather that it is not creating jobs fast enough to keep up with a combination of layoffs and people entering the job market for the first time.

In a Washington Post op-ed, former White House chief economist Larry Summers noted that the percentage of the population that has a job has not improved, even though the economy is technically in recovery.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/after-28-months-stimulus-spending-19-mil

red states rule
06-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Back to the topic at hand

Deranged about Sarah Palin

Could they be more pitiful? The liberal media are literally dumpster-diving Sarah Palin now — combing through 24,000 pages of Palin’s e-mails during her time as governor, including from her Yahoo e-mail account.

It’s not just the American press gallery. Leftist media like the New York Times and Washington Post have flown reporters to Juneau, the capital of Alaska, to sift through the e-mails, like breathless schoolchildren reading from the private diary of the girl they really hate.

And let me tell you: It’s juicy.

Even the Guardian — a newspaper from London, England, put four reporters on the file, including flying two to Alaska.

This is the Media Party.

Real reporters don’t ask thousands of people — around the world — to dig up opposition research about a political enemy. But these aren’t real reporters. They’re gossips, they’re obsessed, they’re partisan.

And they’re a little bit deranged about her.

But their massive investment in this story paid off!

Here is what they found.

In an e-mail about an Alaskan political opponent, Palin wrote — in a private e-mail she surely never suspected would be published around the world — “What a goof he is ... truly annoying.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/14/deranged-about-sarah-palin