PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi, Wasserman Schultz, Israel tell Weiner he should resign

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Looks like Weiner will have to get a real job

And the liberal media and Dems will blame Republicans for forcing the poor guy out of office

U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, who has been under fire after admitting to inappropriate communications with women online, has decided to seek treatment "to focus on becoming a better husband and healthier person," his spokeswoman said Saturday.

While the New York congressman is seeking treatment at an undisclosed location, he will take a "short leave of absence" from Congress, Risa Heller said in a statement.

A Democratic source, familiar with conversations among Weiner and Democratic leadership, did not know what specific type of treatment Weiner would undergo.

The decision comes as three weighty Democratic voices -- including Nancy Pelosi -- called for Weiner's resignation.

The House minority leader, and the chairmen of the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee called for Weiner to step down in separate statements.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/11/weiner.scandal/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I absolutely think the slimeball should resign. There is no chance the the GOP will get his seat, even after redistricting, the neighborhood is solid deep blue. He's just a distraction.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I absolutely think the slimeball should resign. There is no chance the the GOP will get his seat, even after redistricting, the neighborhood is solid deep blue. He's just a distraction.

Hell, I thought since he was a liberal Dem what he did would only be a resume enhancement with people like you Virgil

and as usual your primary concern is that Dems hold the seat

Typical of you Virgil. You ALWAYS look at all issues as how it helps/hurts the Dem party

Sir Evil
06-11-2011, 03:18 PM

:laugh2:

Looking down upon the weiner! Well if he's a slimeball what does that say about you?

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Hell, I thought since he was a liberal Dem what he did would only be a resume enhancement with people like you Virgil

and as usual your primary concern is that Dems hold the seat

Typical of you Virgil. You ALWAYS look at all issues as how it helps/hurts the Dem party

I agreed with you... the guy's a slimeball and he should resign... and it looks to me like it is MY party that is putting the pressure on him to do so.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Looking down upon the weiner! Well if he's a slimeball what does that say about you?

We all know the history of the perverted fake preacher from Maine. Oh boy do we know his history

We ain't just whistlin' Dixie there Sir Evil

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I agreed with you... the guy's a slimeball and he should resign... and it looks to me like it is MY party that is putting the pressure on him to do so.

It took them long enough after they defended them, ignored his lies, and tried to pass the buck to the Republicans

When all that fialed they are now willing to toss him under he bus

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:27 PM
It took them long enough after they defended them, ignored his lies, and tried to pass the buck to the Republicans

When all that fialed they are now willing to toss him under he bus

he lied to pelosi and to hoyer... they supported him based on his assurances to them that his account had been hacked. once they found out the truth, they and most of the rest of the democrats on the planet condemned him.

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:28 PM
This message is hidden because Sir Evil is on your ignore list.

Sir Evil
06-11-2011, 03:29 PM
I agreed with you... I'm a slimeball

No argument there....

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:30 PM
he lied to pelosi and to hoyer... they supported him based on his assurances to them that his account had been hacked. once they found out the truth, they and most of the rest of the democrats on the planet condemned him.

BS Virgil

After it was known he lied, your DNC Chairman still refused to do anything. The liberal media defended him. The top Dems still refused to step up and kcik him out

They waited long enough as he became a laughing stock - which is appropriate

Sir Evil
06-11-2011, 03:30 PM
We all know the history of the perverted fake preacher from Maine. Oh boy do we know his history

We ain't just whistlin' Dixie there Sir Evil

Always fun to bring it to light again, and again!

Sir Evil
06-11-2011, 03:32 PM
BS Virgil

Why do you even bother trying to have a discussion with this tool, you know where it leads every single time.... :bsflag: :D

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:33 PM

Always fun to bring it to light again, and again!

Like a cockroach exposed to the light he wil run away and hide

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:35 PM
BS Virgil

After it was known he lied, your DNC Chairman still refused to do anything. The liberal media defended him. The top Dems still refused to step up and kcik him out

They waited long enough as he became a laughing stock - which is appropriate

got a :link: that proves that version?

I'll wait.

Sir Evil
06-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Like a cockroach exposed to the light he wil run away and hide

Not without leaving his mark! Have to have the gratuitous vile comment before crawling on to the next topic just to do it all over again...

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:44 PM
got a :link: that proves that version?

I'll wait.

Not that it will mean a damn thing to you Virgil

New Democratic National Committee boss Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is not acting like a feminist in the Weinergate scandal. In TV interviews, she’s been shutting the anchors down with no-comments ("it's a personal matter"). But what if Weiner did what’s alleged? Wouldn’t a liberal feminist suggest that’s objectionable and not just a “private matter”?

Take Wasserman-Schultz at the end of an interview on CBS’s Early Show on Friday morning:

CHRIS WRAGGE: I know you were born in Queens, which is the home district of congressman Anthony Weiner, who's embroiled in quite the controversy right now. Do you think that your colleague has done enough to explain himself?

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: I think Anthony Weiner is dealing with a personal matter and that's where it should be left.

WRAGGE: Do you think he's done enough to explain himself though?

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: I think it's a personal matter and that's where it should be left.

and

BLITZER: Because Eric Cantor, the Republican, the majority leader in the House of Representatives, he says that Anthony Weiner has a lot more explaining to do, if you will.

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: Anthony Weiner is dealing with a personal matter, and it should be left as a personal matter.

BLITZER: Do you believe that someone did hack into his account and -- and send out that picture, as he says?

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: I think Anthony Weiner is dealing with a personal matter and that is where it should be left.

Then the same effort (more half-hearted) came during John King, USA on the same night:

JESSICA YELLIN: I've heard you say that the Anthony Weiner Twitter problem is a personal matter for him.

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: It is.

YELLIN: But some Democrats themselves are complaining that this is a distraction and he needs to be more forthcoming. So do you just wish he'd come out with more of the facts to make this go away?

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: I really think it's a personal matter that is something that Anthony Weiner needs to deal with himself.

YELLIN: And you won't call for him or asking him privately to do more?

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: I don't do that when it comes to personal matters.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/06/04/debbie-does-dullest-dnc-chair-insists-weinergate-personal-matter-other-d#ixzz1P0ChEDFP

[/QUOTE]

maineman
06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Not that it will mean a damn thing to you Virgil

again... your quote was from an interview that occurred BEFORE Weiner admitted that he had lied. When it became clear that his account had NOT been hacked, as he had lied about, he lost the support of democrats.

that is exactly what I said happened.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 03:53 PM
again... your quote was from an interview that occurred BEFORE Weiner admitted that he had lied. When it became clear that his account had NOT been hacked, as he had lied about, he lost the support of democrats.

that is exactly what I said happened.[/QUOTE]

It was common knowledge he was lying Virgil.

I have another thread with the liberal media defending him - nothing new for you guys I know

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?31431-Dems-and-the-Culture-of-Erection

maineman
06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I have not seen ANY liberals - media OR politicians - defend Anthony Weiner AFTER he admitted that he had lied about his twitter account being hacked. not one. I asked you to show me where that was the case and you give me a WEEK OLD interview... from BEFORE the time that he admitted that he lied... JUST like I said.

red states rule
06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I have not seen ANY liberals - media OR politicians - defend Anthony Weiner AFTER he admitted that he had lied about his twitter account being hacked. not one. I asked you to show me where that was the case and you give me a WEEK OLD interview... from BEFORE the time that he admitted that he lied... JUST like I said.

Check out the link to the other thread Virgil

red states rule
06-11-2011, 04:04 PM
OK Virgil, here are SEVERAL libs defending him after he admitted he lied

Even after Anthony Weiner's quavering press conference, liberal talk radio overwhelmingly suggested Weiner should stay and Republicans are worse. (The exception seems to be Ed Schultz, who thinks he ought to go.) On Thursday's Stephanie Miller show, former MSNBC host (and soon to be Current TV backup anchor) David Shuster said Weiner isn't as newsworthy as Republicans "literally whoring themselves" on the House floor to Big Oil and Wall Street:

MILLER: So, David, this boy oh boy, this Anthony Weiner story, again you know, a great progressive fighter. We love him politically and unfortunately this is one of those it just gets worser and worser stories, doesn't it?

SHUSTER: Yeah, I think it gets bad. Look, I'm far more yeah, I'm not as concerned about Anthony Weiner and how he handles Facebook and Twitter and whatever photographs. That doesn't concern me as those lawmakers who are literally whoring themselves out on the floor of the Unites States House to the oil companies that are hurting our environment or the greedy Wall Street speculators who have ruined our economy.

Speaking of MSNBC anchors, on Wednesday night, Rachel Maddow performed the perfect liberal two-step in saying because Democrats have no sexual standards of behavior, Weiner isn't guilty of any double standards, unlike the conservative Republicans who protect opposite-sex marriage:

On Wednesday, he insisted "We Democrats are too quick to throw our own under the bus. The idea that if we throw under Anthony Weiner under the bus, Republicans are suddenly going to all be nice nice and smile, right, and say, "Congratulations to the Democrats. They have proven they're better than us." Get out of here. C'mon. Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, the whole crowd, Sean Hannity -- they'll find something else to attack Democrats on. They always will."

Press thinks America is too uptight about sex, unlike the rest of the world: "But somebody who admitted sexting to women who were happy to sext with a member of Congress? They wouldn't spend five minutes on it. They woudn't think about it. They wouldn't think twice about it. They would just assume, well this is what -- all men are like this. But in America here, we ignore almost any other kind of irregularity. But if sex is involved, oh my God, it's the end of the world. Wouldn't you have to say that we've got our priorities ass-backwards?"

On Thursday, Randi Rhodes said Republicans were the biggest hypocrites on Earth, but the Democrats were to blame for keeping Weinergate going:

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/06/11/liberal-radio-defends-weiner-david-shuster-says-republican-whoring-big-o#ixzz1P0Hp3Qgm

Any questions?

red states rule
06-11-2011, 04:10 PM
This headline says it all about Weiner. I still think this guy will be Mayor of NY one day. Dems will embrace him and welcome him back with open arms

http://webmedia.newseum.org/newseum-multimedia/dfp/jpg10/lg/NY_NYP.jpg

fj1200
06-11-2011, 11:57 PM
he insisted "We Democrats are too quick to throw our own under the bus."

:laugh:

red states rule
06-12-2011, 05:56 AM
and the liberal from Nation Liberal Radio on FRIDAY expressed sympathy for her fellow liberal and tried to shift the b lame from him tot he media which is covering the story

So a lib can lie and National Liberal Radio is not interested

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102652" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

red states rule
06-12-2011, 07:12 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb110610_cmyk20110609085138.jpg

maineman
06-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Any questions?

Rhandi Rhodes certainly doesn't speak for me. When mainstream elected democrats heard of his lies, like my good friend, Mike Michaud from the great state of Maine, they denounced him and many have demanded his resignation. I join with those mainstream democrats in urging his to go.

red states rule
06-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Rhandi Rhodes certainly doesn't speak for me. When mainstream elected democrats heard of his lies, like my good friend, Mike Michaud from the great state of Maine, they denounced him and many have demanded his resignation. I join with those mainstream democrats in urging his to go.

and Bill Press, Schuster, MAtthews, and Maddow?

As of yesterday Chuck U Schumer would not call his Weiner to step down - but he is happy he is getting his "treatement"

As I said, Dems will close ranks everytime and try to blame others when their own get caught in something sleazy

Just like you do Virgil

red states rule
06-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Well Virgil, Chris Matthews STILL wants Weiner in the Congress

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102701" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

red states rule
06-14-2011, 04:25 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/tmdsu11061320110613101253.jpg

maineman
06-14-2011, 05:32 AM
and Bill Press, Schuster, MAtthews, and Maddow?

As of yesterday Chuck U Schumer would not call his Weiner to step down - but he is happy he is getting his "treatement"

As I said, Dems will close ranks everytime and try to blame others when their own get caught in something sleazy

Just like you do Virgil

did you MISS the part where I have called for his resignation?

red states rule
06-15-2011, 03:35 AM
did you MISS the part where I have called for his resignation?

Only after he admitted the truth everyone else knew for over a week

And of cousre you said how his seat was a safe Dem seat - which is your ONLY concern in this matter

Meanwhile, the liberal media continues to try and defend him which you continue to ignore Virgil

MtnBiker
09-14-2011, 07:01 AM
There is no chance the the GOP will get his seat, even after redistricting, the neighborhood is solid deep blue.

In a word, FAIL!

http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/f/face_fail-14153.jpg

red states rule
09-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Now we all know why Virgil changed his name again. He wanted to avoid eating a super sized serving of crow