PDA

View Full Version : 4 injured by exploding dessert at Florida Restaurant

Shadow
06-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Remind me not to order this...

Four people suffered burns at a Florida restaurant on Saturday when a dessert dish turned disastrous.

The unidentified victims were burned -- two seriously enough to be airlifted by helicopter to Tampa General Hospital for treatment -- during preparation of bananas foster, a dessert made of bananas, ice cream and banana liqueur, MyFoxTampaBay.com reports.

Snip...

"The waiter was making a dessert dish that involved alcohol that goes in flames, I believe it's a bananas foster," said Bob Markford of Palm Harbor Fire Rescue. "At one point, he was adding some more liquid to it, or more alcohol to it and it burned back to the bottle. When he lifted the bottle to pull away from it, some of it came out and hit some of the patrons."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/13/four-people-suffer-burns-at-florida-restaurant/#ixzz1PAI1KhQI

Click here for more on this report from MyFoxTampaBay.com.

hortysir
06-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Daaaannngg.......

That's what you get for ordering a hot dessert
:lol:

fj1200
06-13-2011, 10:13 AM
That's not Banana's Foster, that's the new desert Banana's Molotov. Always add the alcohol AWAY from the fire. :clap:

Shadow
06-13-2011, 04:25 PM
So, apparently investigators say a 25 yr old female suffered first and second degree burns, and another 56 yr old female had respiratory burns.

I looked up repiratory burns just to see what they involved...not pleasant.

Respiratory burn:

Tissue damage to the respiratory system resulting from the inhalation of a hot gas or burning particles, as may occur in a fire or explosion. Immediate hospitalization and oxygen therapy are recommended. Compare smoke inhalation.

Can you imagine trying to explain this accident to friends and co- workers though?