PDA

View Full Version : new job

dan
05-10-2007, 10:05 AM
So, I'm at my new job now. Things are going good, though I'm just doing address checks for every single lawyer in Canada right now!!!!!! A little mind-numbing, but it could be worse. It's a really small office, just me and three girls, one of whom was the one who helped me get this job. I'm about to start polling, which is just interviewing lawyers for the book. I'm being put on international because I was smart enough to say in the interview that I'd work any schedule, so I'll probably be on graveyard shift pretty soon, but for now, I'm really liking this 9 to 5 thing. Like I said, I'm just doing address checks, so I don't really have a lot to tell other than this for now, but I'm on here more now, so that's good.

darin
05-10-2007, 10:13 AM
I know a canadian...want me to have him help? :)

MtnBiker
05-10-2007, 10:13 AM
It's a really small office, just me and three girls,
Those are pretty good odds.

dan
05-10-2007, 12:14 PM
I know a canadian...want me to have him help?

No way, I'm getting paid good for very easy work, I need no help with that!

darin
05-10-2007, 12:23 PM
aight then - need help w/ the three girls???

:D

KitchenKitten99
05-10-2007, 02:47 PM
what exactly does the company do?

...or would you have to kill me if you told me?

dan
05-10-2007, 03:28 PM
aight then - need help w/ the three girls???

Yeah, I need someone to talk to during the daily conversations about body spray, perfume, bridesmaid's dresses, etc.

what exactly does the company do?

...or would you have to kill me if you told me?

Nah, we publish a yearly journal that organizes the best lawyers in the country (and starting next year, in the world), according to peer review. You can check out our website www.bestlawyers.com , though unless you're interested in lawyers, it's not that interesting.

Mr. P
05-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I need someone to talk to during the daily conversations about body spray, perfume, bridesmaid's dresses, etc.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: ZING!!! nailed ya D! :clap:

dan
05-11-2007, 03:32 PM
The girl beside me just got off the phone with Ken Starr. Weird, this job.

dan
05-11-2007, 03:34 PM
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: ZING!!! nailed ya D! :clap:

:laugh2:

KitchenKitten99
05-11-2007, 03:51 PM
The girl beside me just got off the phone with Ken Starr. Weird, this job.

i thought the place published the best lawyers in the country?

dan
05-14-2007, 12:03 PM
i thought the place published the best lawyers in the country?

Yeah, but we have to interview all of them.:laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Those are pretty good odds.

You and I are of the same mind...there's a fox in that thar henhouse!

LiberalNation
05-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I just got called in for an interview at Ellis Park next Wednesday. It’s a horse race track. Be a pretty good summer job if I get hired on. Prolly work collecting peoples money to get into the park or tickets. Hopefully won’t be scooping horse shit in stalls but I doubt they’d give me a job like that. Not very strong and I wouldn’t get much work done.

dan
05-16-2007, 09:07 AM
I just got called in for an interview at Ellis Park next Wednesday. It’s a horse race track. Be a pretty good summer job if I get hired on. Prolly work collecting peoples money to get into the park or tickets. Hopefully won’t be scooping horse shit in stalls but I doubt they’d give me a job like that. Not very strong and I wouldn’t get much work done.

That's probably something you should find out in the interview. Good luck with it, though.