PDA

View Full Version : FEMA Denies Claims To Families Who Lost Home in Tornadoes

red states rule
06-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Remember how the liberal media was all Over Pres Bush when FEMA failed to do their job with Katrina?

Has anyone seen or read about this story?

Families with nothing left are denied claimes by FEMA due to "insufficient damage"

Does this look like insufficient damage to you?

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tornado-1-620x408.jpg

Jefferson County resident Jonathan Stewart said he laughed in shock after the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) claimed the house his family lost in the deadly April 27 twister was ‘not unsafe to live in’.

Displaced families in tornado-ravaged Alabama are outraged after being denied federal aide to rebuild their flattened homes – due to ‘insufficient damage’.

The devastating reality is the house is now a concrete slab surrounded by rubble.

Mr Stewart told AL.com a FEMA inspector saw first-hand the Pleasant Grove residence he shared with his wife, Lisa, and their two children was ripped from the ground.
Three days after the visit, however, he received a letter reading: ‘Based on your FEMA inspection, we have determined that the disaster has not caused your home to be unsafe to live in.

‘Although the disaster may have caused some minor damage it is reasonable to expect you or your landlord to make these repairs. At this time you are not eligible for FEMA housing assistance.’

Mr Stewart told the website: ‘Lisa and I looked at the letter and laughed.’
While he has since found out his insurance coverage will replace his house, the family is not alone.

Lashunta Tabb’s home 15 miles away in North Smithfield Manor was stripped of its siding, and more than half of her roof blew off with tornado-force winds.

She too, received a letter claiming there was ‘insufficient damage’ – the number one reason in Alabama the people are determined ineligible for FEMA grants, worth up to $30,200.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/broken-bible-belt-homes-in-ruins-from-tornadoes-denied-aid-by-fema-for-insufficient-damage/

06-13-2011, 06:02 PM
This is a blessing in disguise. It will teach these good people self reliance and how not to rely on the Federal Government.

And the next time something happens, they will tell FEMA to get lost.

red states rule
06-13-2011, 06:03 PM
This is a blessing in disguise. It will teach these good people self reliance and how not to rely on the Federal Government.

And the next time something happens, they will tell FEMA to get lost.

Or it could be Pres Obama does not like white people

06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Or it could be Pres Obama does not like white people

I doubt that's the case. And I doubt that "White" people are the only people struggling because of this. Racism is their schtick.

No, this really is a blessing for these people. The less we have to rely on Obama and his administration the better off we are, even if we have alittle less money.

red states rule
06-13-2011, 06:08 PM
I doubt that's the case. And I doubt that "White" people are the only people struggling because of this. Racism is their schtick.

No, this really is a blessing for these people. The less we have to rely on Obama and his administration the better off we are, even if we have alittle less money.

I was reminding you what the left and liberal media said about Pres Bush after Katrina

They have insurance and it will replace the house. I think they were asking for temp housing assistance and was denied due to "insufficient damage"

06-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Losing your home is insufficient?

red states rule
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Losing your home is insufficient?

According to the letter the folks got from FEMA it is

hortysir
06-13-2011, 06:35 PM
(so far) It looks like it's just a couple of random cases.
To be expected when dealing with a government bureaucracy.

I'm glad their insurance is picking it up because, the last I heard, FEMA was broke anyway

J.T
06-13-2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HURODWlonN4

red states rule
06-13-2011, 06:40 PM
(so far) It looks like it's just a couple of random cases.
To be expected when dealing with a government bureaucracy.

I'm glad their insurance is picking it up because, the last I heard, FEMA was broke anyway

The entire government is broke. I am waiting to hear Obama writes a check and the damn thing bounces

and under Obamacare think about the "random" cases where people are in need of cancer treatment or heart bypass operations

red states rule
06-14-2011, 02:32 AM
This is a good example of what to cut in the Federal budget to get it balanced

If FEMA is refusing to do nothing to help these people until the insurance check arrives, what the hell are they doing with the taxpayer money they are getting now?