PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Morgan

jimnyc
06-14-2011, 08:00 AM
I realize I will probably be in the minority on this one, but it still pisses me off. Tracy Morgan is a COMEDIAN. People like George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, John Valby, Lewis Black... These people have been doing comedy with nasty shit in it that will piss people off and offend people since they started. You pay for a ticket to go see a stand up comedian KNOWING he is offensive and KNOWING that he is a COMEDIAN. If you don't like that kind of humor, don't go. If you don't like it that evening, leave. If you really don't like it because of specific comments, make a complaint to the company who is producing the act and ask for a refund.

But force the man to apologize to gay people? To gay organizations? To anyone who was offended?

With that logic, ALL comedians should apologize after their shows as I'm confident there is SOMETHING in there that offends someone. But it's generally the gays that need an apology.

Now I know his words are VERY offensive, but I found them to be hilarious. I know how Tracy Morgan is, I know he means it in a funny way and I know he wouldn't actually do what he says. And don't give me this crap about how he might propel others to do it - as then almost every other major motion picture would be guilty of the same, and worse.

Whether offended or not, where does it stop? Where do we draw the lines with comedy and movies? People PAY for both. I'm tired of having these words policed - especially since 95% of the times it's only the gays who need an apology. Fwiw - how come the black people didn't demand an apology?

And before I forget, here is his quoted comment that was condemned throughout the nation:

When talking about the possibility of his son being gay -- Tracy said he "better talk to me like a man and not in a gay voice or I'll pull out a knife and stab that little nigger to death."

Gaffer
06-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Did he apologize to the niggers as well?

Queers are eventually going to bring a lot of unwanted attention on themselves.

DragonStryk72
06-14-2011, 10:47 AM
I realize I will probably be in the minority on this one, but it still pisses me off. Tracy Morgan is a COMEDIAN. People like George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, John Valby, Lewis Black... These people have been doing comedy with nasty shit in it that will piss people off and offend people since they started. You pay for a ticket to go see a stand up comedian KNOWING he is offensive and KNOWING that he is a COMEDIAN. If you don't like that kind of humor, don't go. If you don't like it that evening, leave. If you really don't like it because of specific comments, make a complaint to the company who is producing the act and ask for a refund.

But force the man to apologize to gay people? To gay organizations? To anyone who was offended?

With that logic, ALL comedians should apologize after their shows as I'm confident there is SOMETHING in there that offends someone. But it's generally the gays that need an apology.

Now I know his words are VERY offensive, but I found them to be hilarious. I know how Tracy Morgan is, I know he means it in a funny way and I know he wouldn't actually do what he says. And don't give me this crap about how he might propel others to do it - as then almost every other major motion picture would be guilty of the same, and worse.

Whether offended or not, where does it stop? Where do we draw the lines with comedy and movies? People PAY for both. I'm tired of having these words policed - especially since 95% of the times it's only the gays who need an apology. Fwiw - how come the black people didn't demand an apology?

And before I forget, here is his quoted comment that was condemned throughout the nation:

Okay, the difference is: All of those vastly better comedians make it so you know they're joking. They don't break off on an actual full-on rant. So of the people who were offended by him were long-time fans of his who happened to be gay, and have laughed at previous gay jokes. It was more than just one line, btw. He went off for more than 3 minutes.

I have very thick skin when it comes to humor; I can dish and I can take. What I can't take is when Mr. Morgan took it upon himself to mention about how he feels all this gay shit was crazy and that women are a gift from God and that "Born this Way" is bullshit, gay is a choice, and the reason he knows this is exactly because "God don't make no mistakes" (referring to God not making someone gay cause that would be a mistake). He said that there is no way a woman could love and have sexual desire for another woman, that's just a woman pretending because she hates a fucking man. He took time to visit the bullshit of this bullying stuff and informed us that the gays needed to quit being pussies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying. He mentioned that gay was something kids learn from the media and programming, and that bullied kids should just bust some ass and beat those other little fuckers that bully them, not whine about it. He said that if his son was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death. He mentioned that Barack Obama needed to man up and quit being all down with this just because he has a wife and two daughters.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/kevin-rogers/why-i-no-longer-like-tracy-morgan-a-must-read/108369875920604

I don't like Tracy Morgan to begin with. He doesn't really have a joke. and isn't really funny, and seriously, who the fuck pays $86 to go see him? I can barely watch the movies he's in for free.

jimnyc
06-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Okay, the difference is: All of those vastly better comedians make it so you know they're joking. They don't break off on an actual full-on rant. So of the people who were offended by him were long-time fans of his who happened to be gay, and have laughed at previous gay jokes. It was more than just one line, btw. He went off for more than 3 minutes.

I don't like Tracy Morgan to begin with. He doesn't really have a joke. and isn't really funny, and seriously, who the fuck pays $86 to go see him? I can barely watch the movies he's in for free.

That is all your opinion, which is all fine and good, but doesn't address the point of people now having their words policed as never before.

And you wouldn't have known he was joking? Did these people going to see him thinking they were going to see a politician? They were going to see a COMEDIAN! And while YOU didn't find it funny, many did, including Chris Rock, who I consider a hilarious comedian. HE TOO had to back off of his support for Morgan because people were offended by him!

Why should anyone apologize to the queers because they made a joke about them? Do we expect comedians to apologize to the president when they mock him? What about when they pick on other races? They don't, but I see that getting more and more policed too. What about the politicians who get mocked daily, if they are offended do they get an apology too? Who decides if something is offensive enough that it deserves an apology when other stuff is funny? Do they come out with the comedy police?

And yes, a few other lines from his rant:

Gay is something that kids learn from the media and programming.I agree with this to an extent.

"I don't "fucking care if I piss off some gays, because if they can take a fucking dick up their ass ... they can take a fucking joke."

Absolutely 100% spot on - and also hilarious.

You know what, you and I probably listen to different music with different lyrics too. And I'll sure as shit guarantee you that you'll hear mentions of queers, rants about them, and rants about niggers too.

Where should me and my music apologize, to who whom?

jimnyc
06-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Did he apologize to the niggers as well?

Queers are eventually going to bring a lot of unwanted attention on themselves.

Nope, the "niggers" were too busy laughing to be offended. As were Mexicans and illegal aliens. Same as the mafia. He said he was going to stab the little paperboy in his leg for missing his porch. Holy shit, apologize to the paperboy union. And what if he said he would stab the next politician that guaranteed "no new taxes". Would he be forced to apologize to all of Washington? And if he said he hated the NY Giants, and will stab each one of them that gets inside the 10 yard line, and he thinks all of them wear panties. Should Eli Manning and Coach Coughlin expect apologies. You get the point. I can do this all day. And at the end of the day, the only ones demanding an apology would be the queers.

gabosaurus
06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
I have to say that I totally agree with Jim. The idea that comedians now have to apologize for anything is ridiculous.
Look at comedians from the past. They skewered anyone and everyone while apologizing to no one. A lot of the jokes were more vicious than anything done today. If you don't believe me, go listen to Bill Hicks or Richard Pryor.
One of my sister's ex-boyfriends was a member of an "extreme comedy" group. They made jokes about 9-11 and baby killing. They also had several signs at the venues they played that said "we are extremely offensive."

This being said, don't make this thread and then complain later about offensive jokes made about various political candidates. I've got my Palin and Bachmann jokes on the skewer already. :p

Abbey Marie
06-14-2011, 01:14 PM
This is a free speech issue to me. By coming down on a guy like this, these people are really curtailing speech.

logroller
06-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Distasteful to say the least; offensive, probably to some. (I wonder if the Declaration of Independence offended some too.) I think its a sad state when people think they can demand another to speak and believe a certain way. Telling a comedian he can't broach certain subjects...hmm, isn't that just like telling a homosexual they're free to be gay, but they have speak a certain way. That's what's funny about Morgan's comments, the irony in the response.
In defense of those opposed, i do find the promotion of violence, even in jest, to be abhorrent; but are MMA or WWF (or whatever) any different? Not to me, but I understand those who engage in such are free to do so, as are those who watch it-- I'm just not one them. People invite me to parties where someone orderred PPV. I politely decline and tell them I find violence unappealing. But everyone's freedom is still intact.

jimnyc
06-14-2011, 05:09 PM
I have to say that I totally agree with Jim. The idea that comedians now have to apologize for anything is ridiculous.
Look at comedians from the past. They skewered anyone and everyone while apologizing to no one. A lot of the jokes were more vicious than anything done today. If you don't believe me, go listen to Bill Hicks or Richard Pryor.
One of my sister's ex-boyfriends was a member of an "extreme comedy" group. They made jokes about 9-11 and baby killing. They also had several signs at the venues they played that said "we are extremely offensive."

This being said, don't make this thread and then complain later about offensive jokes made about various political candidates. I've got my Palin and Bachmann jokes on the skewer already. :p

Complaining I sort of expect, or whining, but for an entire group to demand an apology is retarded.

Like Tracy said - "I don't "fucking care if I piss off some gays, because if they can take a fucking dick up their ass ... they can take a fucking joke."

jimnyc
06-14-2011, 05:14 PM
This is a free speech issue to me. By coming down on a guy like this, these people are really curtailing speech.

And it's bad enough that one group comes down on him, but now society as a whole is beginning to be afraid to confront such speech issues for fear of being in the crosshairs themselves. I hate to say a term that's been overused on this board, but this political correctness crap is getting out of hand. If I want to pay $60 to go out and hear raunchy comedy THAT I LIKE, I should be able to!

Distasteful to say the least; offensive, probably to some. (I wonder if the Declaration of Independence offended some too.) I think its a sad state when people think they can demand another to speak and believe a certain way. Telling a comedian he can't broach certain subjects...hmm, isn't that just like telling a homosexual they're free to be gay, but they have speak a certain way. That's what's funny about Morgan's comments, the irony in the response.
In defense of those opposed, i do find the promotion of violence, even in jest, to be abhorrent; but are MMA or WWF (or whatever) any different? Not to me, but I understand those who engage in such are free to do so, as are those who watch it-- I'm just not one them. People invite me to parties where someone orderred PPV. I politely decline and tell them I find violence unappealing. But everyone's freedom is still intact.

Bingo!! "Allow us our freedoms, allow us our parades, allow us to dress as we please, allow us to wear tux's as women and dresses as men, allow men to be prom queens - but don't dare make fun of us at a comedy center, or call a referee one at a ball game, or an unruly fan".

DragonStryk72
06-14-2011, 08:04 PM
That is all your opinion, which is all fine and good, but doesn't address the point of people now having their words policed as never before.

And you wouldn't have known he was joking? Did these people going to see him thinking they were going to see a politician? They were going to see a COMEDIAN! And while YOU didn't find it funny, many did, including Chris Rock, who I consider a hilarious comedian. HE TOO had to back off of his support for Morgan because people were offended by him!

Why should anyone apologize to the queers because they made a joke about them? Do we expect comedians to apologize to the president when they mock him? What about when they pick on other races? They don't, but I see that getting more and more policed too. What about the politicians who get mocked daily, if they are offended do they get an apology too? Who decides if something is offensive enough that it deserves an apology when other stuff is funny? Do they come out with the comedy police?

And yes, a few other lines from his rant:

I agree with this to an extent.

Um, no, they were expecting to watch a comedian. So if he wasn't being funny, and went off on a rant, then I'd be pretty pissed about it myself. Chris Rock IS funny, and makes fun of gay people, hell my dad likes Chris Rock, and he's gay. Tracy wasn't telling a joke, there was no punchline, no clear and blatant sarcasm like George Carlin often used, nothing.

In fact, for evidence, I'm using a clip or two:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hl70ZJoF-GI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6mKSj_dD09M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now, if I were at a political rally, and the politician breaks out into a Bill Engvall routine, it doesn't matter that I love Bill Engvall's comedy, I'm not with it there. By the same token, if I go to a comedy show, and someone broke out into a political rant, I gonna feel put out, especially if I forked out money for the show.

It wasn't the government that even stepped. I pretty much guarantee you it was his publicist or agent who put him up to apologizing.

jimnyc
06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
If they went to see TRACY MORGAN the COMEDIAN - then they got exactly what they expected. He was his normal self - raunchy nasty comedy. And even if it's worse than that, he owes no apology. Same as Kobe didn't have to apologize in the NBA. These guys have to pay $100k because they used the word "faggot"? And even if it was much much worse, and he went off on a rant - he STILL shouldn't be forced to make an apology to continue with his career. This is the queers again making demands because they want society to not only accept them, but also be damaged if they don't accept them or ridicule them. Fuck the queers, I'll talk smack about them and to them, and not make a fucking apology at all.

gabosaurus
06-14-2011, 11:09 PM
But obviously you don't approve of comedians making fun of the right wing Sacred Cows and other such subjects. Where do you think I got the term "teabaggers" from?

logroller
06-15-2011, 03:40 AM
If they went to see TRACY MORGAN the COMEDIAN - then they got exactly what they expected. He was his normal self - raunchy nasty comedy.

Exactly. If Tracy Morgan got up on stage and shit a monkey-- I wouldn't be surprised, so I couldn't very well be offended. I mean, he's nuttier than squirrel turds-- one can be assured that anybody who would watch him realizes this. Ol' Morgan wants to go the way of the DiceMan, he should whoop it up. I do find him funny, sometimes; but I also like to watch those police chase videos that end up with the broadside fatality of the suspect. There's just something about a self-imposed reckless behavior coming to its logical conclusion that compels me to watch.
If Morgan pisses off a few people, what's the damage? A little lost love and revenue from his next booking, his decision affects mostly him. and the damage is self-inflicted. The kobe thing is different. Kobe's actions likely cost the LA Lakers/ the NBA potential revenue. Its all about liability for damages. Even the overtly strict standard of Standing doctrine is sufficient to justify the league's decision to fine him. Not to mention the stipulations which undoubtedly exist in a multimillion dollar contract; incuding "spokesmanship", "professional behavior". Now he gets stung by some bad press for some trist in CO, better talk to her and his wife--- I'm sure they levied some hefty fines on him too!

Now if we want to talk about the concerted effort to profiteer from the public reaction and the underlying motives of media bringing such news to the public viewership, well that's an entirely different story (&probably an entire thread in itself).

But what matters is people are able to see through the bullshit. Govt protecting us, through paying for abortions??? (I know diif, thread, two in fact...well now three;)It takes a pretty elaborate logical proof to make sense of that behavior, and the govt, media and the entire political machine benefits from the public being desensitized and preoccupied by all the petty and irrelevant squabbles. So take it for what's worth, the bad seems to come round faster than the good does-- you have to filter your perception and behavior accordingly.

red states rule
06-15-2011, 03:53 AM
But obviously you don't approve of comedians making fun of the right wing Sacred Cows and other such subjects. Where do you think I got the term "teabaggers" from?

How about Chris Matthews, Rachal Mancow, Keith Overbite, and the rest of the libs at MSNBC?

Nothing like your version of liberal tolerance and civility Gabby

jimnyc
06-15-2011, 07:25 AM

I have a problem when one politician does it to another, or if its a news agency doing so. But if it's a comedian? No. Try listening to perhaps my favorite comedian, Lewis Black. This man has made a living off of GWB in the past 10 years and I find it all hilarious. He does the same with many Dems. He's also raunchy as hell. The term "teabagger" would be a compliment coming from him. Almost all comedians these days make fun of politicians. I EXPECT that when I listen to them.

Gunny
06-15-2011, 07:53 AM

Agreed. But it IS okay to make fun of white males.

Abbey Marie
06-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Um, no, they were expecting to watch a comedian. So if he wasn't being funny, and went off on a rant, then I'd be pretty pissed about it myself. Chris Rock IS funny, and makes fun of gay people, hell my dad likes Chris Rock, and he's gay. Tracy wasn't telling a joke, there was no punchline, no clear and blatant sarcasm like George Carlin often used, nothing.

In fact, for evidence, I'm using a clip or two:

Now, if I were at a political rally, and the politician breaks out into a Bill Engvall routine, it doesn't matter that I love Bill Engvall's comedy, I'm not with it there. By the same token, if I go to a comedy show, and someone broke out into a political rant, I gonna feel put out, especially if I forked out money for the show.

It wasn't the government that even stepped. I pretty much guarantee you it was his publicist or agent who put him up to apologizing.

You have every right to feel put out, for whatever reasons you choose, but he should not have to apologize, and people should not be trying to shut him up because they don't like it. If he wants to spend his entire show ranting, that should be his prerogative, and it's the audience's prerogative to see him or not. That's the beauty of free choice and free speech. There's A LOT worse out there that no one complains about.

gabosaurus
06-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Agreed. But it IS okay to make fun of white males.

Of course. Because there is so much to make fun of. :p

fj1200
06-16-2011, 12:06 AM

Have you actually gone back and reread some of your old posts? Get ready for a chuckle.

Gunny
06-16-2011, 07:29 AM

Doesn't bother me. I'm all about equal opportunity. I'll make fun of anyone or anything, myself included.

The faux outrage of the PC backed by a sensationalist media is however getting REAL old.

So some fag got called a fag. Next time someone calls me bald, I'm moving to TN and claiming emotional distress.:laugh: