PDA

View Full Version : Here's some of the garbage that kids in the Middle East are watching

KarlMarx
05-10-2007, 10:48 AM
A Mickey Mouse Character on Hamas TV Teaches Children about Islamic Rule of the World

http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1442wmv&ak=null

Children of Palestinian Suicide Bomber Rim Al-Riyashi on Hamas TV: Mama Killed Five Jews and She Is in Paradise

http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1398wmv&ak=null

gabosaurus
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
They have state run TV.
Sort of like The Fox Network, with no other choices.

Besides, we are teaching are kids to hate. Why shouldn't they teach their kids to hate?

Monkeybone
05-10-2007, 02:18 PM
what shows do you watch Gabs that tell ppl to kill? i must have not gotten cnnazis on my package.

P.S. not bashing cnn.

KarlMarx
05-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Gabs post is a great example of moral equivalency.

Hamas teaches kids to actually kill people is morally equivalent to Fox News presenting a (more) conservative viewpoint than other new channels. In reality, they are two entirely different things. One television show tells kids that it is acceptable to KILL people, the other simply gives a differing viewpoint of the news (as if diversity of opinions and thought is supposed to be a BAD thing).

It's the same trick as making Islamic Fundamentalists morally equivalent to Evangelical Christians by calling them "fundamentalists", too. See? Use the same word to describe two groups, the thinking is that will endow them with the same traits. Christian Fundamentalists = Islamic Fundamentalists.

Islamic fundamentalists kill, beat women, torture people.... so Christian fundamentalists (who simply believe the Bible should be taken literally) must do all those things, too.

Words form ideas.

gabosaurus
05-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Have you ever watched 24? The Sopranos? Lost?
I don't see Muslim kids playing violent video games or renting splatter movies.
If you take your kid out hunting or to the firing range, you are teaching him to kill. If you watch violent TV shows with your kid, or take him to a violent movie, you are advocating violence.
How many of you tell your kids each day about the horrible murdering terrorists? And about how they all need to die, including the women and children.

Islamic fundamentalists kill, beat women, torture people.... so Christian fundamentalists (who simply believe the Bible should be taken literally) must do all those things, too.

Sure they do. It happens on a regular basis. How can you say it doesn't?

Nukeman
05-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Have you ever watched 24? The Sopranos? Lost?
I don't see Muslim kids playing violent video games or renting splatter movies.
If you take your kid out hunting or to the firing range, you are teaching him to kill. If you watch violent TV shows with your kid, or take him to a violent movie, you are advocating violence.
How many of you tell your kids each day about the horrible murdering terrorists? And about how they all need to die, including the women and children.

Sure they do. It happens on a regular basis. How can you say it doesn't?You are so dense!!! The shows you post above are adult oriented not geared for children. What we are looking at here is a "show" specificaly targeting children and teaching them to kill other humans.

As for the hunting remark if your ancestors never learned to hunt you wouldn't be here moron. Hunting is still a very important part of life on this planet. In case you havent noticed most of the large predators are no longer here only good old humans. If hunting wasn't allowed you would be up to your eyeballs with starving deer, racoon, rabit, possum, and every other vermin out there.

You just go on living in your little fantasy world were everything is sunny and happy....... Dork

gabosaurus
05-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Wonderful points!
BUT...
Children watch whatever is on the TV. They don't know or care if it is "adult oriented." And neither do many parents.
I am not opposed to hunting. I am opposed to taking children hunting. You don't take your kids to a strip club. Why do you take them hunting?

-Cp
05-11-2007, 02:52 PM
A Mickey Mouse Character on Hamas TV Teaches Children about Islamic Rule of the World

http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1442wmv&ak=null

Children of Palestinian Suicide Bomber Rim Al-Riyashi on Hamas TV: Mama Killed Five Jews and She Is in Paradise

http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1398wmv&ak=null

Posted here:
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=3080

Gaffer
05-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Wonderful points!
BUT...
Children watch whatever is on the TV. They don't know or care if it is "adult oriented." And neither do many parents.
I am not opposed to hunting. I am opposed to taking children hunting. You don't take your kids to a strip club. Why do you take them hunting?

So your not opposed to a childrens show that teaches hunting people and blowing themselves up and cutting off peoples heads? That's ok with you?