PDA

View Full Version : Let's conserve - we can do our part

darin
06-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Little tip:

Just beside 'quote' button is another little button. As you read replies you wish to quote and reply to, tick that little box. It'll place a Check mark, and at the FINAL reply you wish to quote, hit the normal 'quote' button.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2179&d=1308156618

Now, all the replies where you've checked the button will be included in your reply. :)

You can multi-quote and reply to each comment in one reply. IMO it makes threads MUCH easier to follow. :)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1258&stc=1&d=1214672869

Few things are more aggravating than seeing 10 replies from the same person, replying back to other folks. Using the multi-quote feature not only saves screen real-estate, it allows more-concise and organized replies.

J.T
06-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Little tip:

Just beside 'quote' button is another little button.

what?

J.T
06-15-2011, 07:26 PM
As you read replies you wish to quote and reply to, tick that little box

where? :D

J.T
06-15-2011, 07:27 PM
x. It'll place a Check mark, and at the FINAL reply you wish to quote, hit the normal 'quote' button.

:thumb:

J.T
06-15-2011, 07:28 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2179&d=1308156618

Now, all the replies where you've checked the button will be included in your reply. :)

That's awesome :2up:

J.T
06-15-2011, 07:28 PM
You can multi-quote and reply to each comment in one reply. IMO it makes threads MUCH easier to follow. :)
I agree :beer:

J.T
06-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Few things are more aggravating than seeing 10 replies from the same person, replying back to other folks.

I hate assholes who do that shit

J.T
06-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Using the multi-quote feature not only saves screen real-estate, it allows more-concise and organized replies.

Reduce, reuse, recycle old memes

:dance:

darin
06-17-2011, 05:25 AM
you're banned for 15 years.....mumblegrumble

jimnyc
06-19-2011, 04:57 PM
what?

where? :D

:thumb:

That's awesome :2up:

I agree :beer:

I hate assholes who do that shit

Reduce, reuse, recycle old memes

:poke:

jimnyc
01-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm bumping this thread for good measure. Threads can be so much neater at times if members use the multi-quote function. I understand this can't always be the case, but the more we use it the better. Please post questions here if you don't understand how to use this feature and we can help.

Gunny
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm bumping this thread for good measure. Threads can be so much neater at times if members use the multi-quote function. I understand this can't always be the case, but the more we use it the better. Please post questions here if you don't understand how to use this feature and we can help.

Depends. If you want to impersonalize your responses and just throw out a gaggle of them. perhaps. I respond, good or bad, to individuals. I have never and do not enter a thread with the idea that I'll just respond to every response to my last post in a single post. I personally don't even bother reading crap like that. I'm not an "oh and you too, the guy in the middle of my quote". I expect I am not alone in my universe. I multi-quote the same individual, not every post I wish to respond to since my last.

jimnyc
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Depends. If you want to impersonalize your responses and just throw out a gaggle of them. perhaps. I respond, good or bad, to individuals. I have never and do not enter a thread with the idea that I'll just respond to every response to my last post in a single post. I personally don't even bother reading crap like that. I'm not an "oh and you too, the guy in the middle of my quote". I expect I am not alone in my universe. I multi-quote the same individual, not every post I wish to respond to since my last.

I think it's another thing that changes on a "case by case" basis. I've used the function many times and it appeared fine, and was much better utilized for the thread I was in. Other times, I'll stand back and make a few posts in a row for clarity. I try my best to not do the "expand a post" and convert a members post into 10 quotes and reply piece by piece. But sometimes I grab a particular members posts since my last visit, say 2 to 3 of them, multi quote them into one post and reply.

That's why I think it's best by each case. If possible, use the multi quote. If not, don't. We won't ban anyone for not utilizing it. :)

Gunny
01-23-2012, 01:35 PM
I think it's another thing that changes on a "case by case" basis. I've used the function many times and it appeared fine, and was much better utilized for the thread I was in. Other times, I'll stand back and make a few posts in a row for clarity. I try my best to not do the "expand a post" and convert a members post into 10 quotes and reply piece by piece. But sometimes I grab a particular members posts since my last visit, say 2 to 3 of them, multi quote them into one post and reply.

That's why I think it's best by each case. If possible, use the multi quote. If not, don't. We won't ban anyone for not utilizing it. :)

I use the multi-quote function as well. As I see fit, not to someone else's standard. Naturally, I consider the way I use it the best way to, and I would resent someone meddling with my posts, and see it as heavy-handed, over-moderating to one individual's whims if mine were messed with.

If someone posts 15 smilies just to get to post a link, I can see merging them. I see messing with/merging someone else's posts for the sake of "neatness" unneccessarily making the board and staff a target of over-regulation and/or censorship.

ConHog
01-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm bumping this thread for good measure.

Threads can be so much neater at times if members use the multi-quote function.

I understand this can't always be the case, but the more we use it the better.

Please post questions here if you don't understand how to use this feature and we can help.

Like that?

jimnyc
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Like that?

No, multiquote is hitting the "multiquote" button at the bottom of posts, and then using ONE of your posts to reply to multiple posts from others. See my post above where I quoted a few of JT's posts in one reply.

ConHog
01-23-2012, 01:46 PM
No, multiquote is hitting the "multiquote" button at the bottom of posts, and then using ONE of your posts to reply to multiple posts from others. See my post above where I quoted a few of JT's posts in one reply.

LOL I know I've used it before, it IS a useful feature, I was just being obnoxious.

Gunny
01-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Like that?

You see the far right of the bar where you reply a little dialogue box with a plus sign next to it? You click on that for every post you wish to quote. When you click on the last one you wish to quote, you them hit reply with quote. In your response box will appear each and every post you clicked on. You can respond to each one individually.

ConHog
01-23-2012, 02:02 PM

You see the far right of the bar where you reply a little dialogue box with a plus sign next to it? You click on that for every post you wish to quote. When you click on the last one you wish to quote, you them hit reply with quote. In your response box will appear each and every post you clicked on. You can respond to each one individually.

I know how to use the multiquote. I was just giving Jim a hard time, obviously my attempt at humor failed.

jimnyc
01-23-2012, 02:06 PM
I know how to use the multiquote. I was just giving Jim a hard time, obviously my attempt at humor failed.

You made me make an explanation for no good reason? Go have a shitburger for lunch!! :ahole::fu:

ConHog
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
You made me make an explanation for no good reason? Go have a shitburger for lunch!! :ahole::fu:

I HATE McDonalds.

Gunny
01-26-2012, 04:46 PM

You're not in a humorous thread.