PDA

View Full Version : A Mini Ice Age?

red states rule
06-16-2011, 03:52 AM
The enviro wackos can't make up their minds. First it was gobal cooling. Then it was global warming. Then it was climate change. Now we are back to another Ice Age

They must be desperate for those government grants

snip

For years, scientists have been predicting the Sun would move into solar maximum, a period of intense flares and sunspot activity by 2012, but lately a curious calm has suggested quite the opposite.

According to three studies released in the United States on Tuesday, experts believe the familiar sunspot cycle may be shutting down and heading toward a pattern of inactivity unseen since the 17th century.

The signs include a missing jet stream, fading spots, and slower activity near the poles, said experts from the National Solar Observatory and Air Force Research Laboratory.

'This is highly unusual and unexpected,' said Frank Hill, associate director of the NSO's Solar Synoptic Network.

'But the fact that three completely different views of the Sun point in the same direction is a powerful indicator that the sunspot cycle may be going into hibernation.'

Solar activity tends to rise and fall every 11 years or so. The solar maximum and solar minimum each mark about half the interval of the magnetic pole reversal on the Sun, which happens every 22 years

http://www.skynews.com.au/eco/article.aspx?id=625683

darin
06-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Ice-ages are always caused by man-made global warming, right? Well...except every OTHER ice age we know about...but this one...for sure...it's a sign Mother Earth REQUIRES Cap - and - trade.

revelarts
06-16-2011, 06:05 AM
ice age or global warming it's NOT cause by human activity.

red states rule
06-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I like to think back about all the doom and gloom forcasts made by the enviro wackos that NEVER happened

Remember after Katrina we were told the US would get these Cat 5 storms on a regualr basis

When was the last Cat 5 storm to hit the US

Yep - it was Katrina

NightTrain
06-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Two weeks ago I bought a 9-passenger 4x4 Suburban so I can haul visiting friends and family around in comfort this Summer.

It has a 45 gallon gas tank! Yep, it's a 3-swipe process to fill 'er up.

I'm doing my part to avert the impending Ice Age! :salute:

red states rule
06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Two weeks ago I bought a 9-passenger 4x4 Suburban so I can haul visiting friends and family around in comfort this Summer.

It has a 45 gallon gas tank! Yep, it's a 3-swipe process to fill 'er up.

I'm doing my part to avert the impending Ice Age! :salute:

and please flip off the libs in there Prius's as you pass them by

On Earth Day I drive around with my muffler off :laugh2:

sundaydriver
06-16-2011, 06:21 PM
and please flip off the libs in there Prius's as you pass them by

On Earth Day I drive around with my muffler off :laugh2:

With a Toyota Echo I doubt anyone could tell! :laugh:

red states rule
06-16-2011, 06:22 PM
With a Toyota Echo I doubt anyone could tell! :laugh:

260,000 miles and it still runs great

The Japs can't win wars they start but they do build great cars

sundaydriver
06-16-2011, 06:27 PM
260,000 miles and it still runs great

The Japs can't win wars they start but they do build great cars

I really can't criticize because I have two. But if I took the muffler or catback off of one it would be noticeable. :thumb:

red states rule
06-16-2011, 06:47 PM
I really can't criticize because I have two. But if I took the muffler or catback off of one it would be noticeable. :thumb:

and I am stocking up on 100 watt light bulbs as well

January 1, 2012 every light in the house will have one

Again I am doing my part for Mother Earth :laugh2:

Thunderknuckles
06-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Hmm, this year California recovered entirely, and then some, from years of drought with one season's worth of snowfall and it's not even over yet. If it get's worse next year it might be time to migrate south :)

It would be pretty funny if it turns out the guys from the 70's had it right all along!

red states rule
06-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Hmm, this year California recovered entirely, and then some, from years of drought with one season's worth of snowfall and it's not even over yet. If it get's worse next year it might be time to migrate south :)

It would be pretty funny if it turns out the guys from the 70's had it right all along!

Given the expected temps today I will set the A/C for Mini Ice Age and let that Co2 flow into the atmosphere

Kathianne
06-17-2011, 02:49 AM

So one way or another the extremists come into play, nothing about cycles. LOL! The obvious hubris from the left is astounding.

red states rule
06-17-2011, 03:02 AM
and right now we are all contributing to global warming

snip

Here are some of the highlights of this organization's paper on the matter entitled "An Inefficient Truth":

•Gartner, the ICT research and advisory company, estimates that the manufacture of ICT equipment, its use and disposal accounts for 2% of global CO2 emissions which is equivalent to the aviation industry
•Servers and data centres have become integral to business but as the size and capacity of these servers increase, so too does the energy consumed by them
•The intensive power requirements needed to run and cool data centres now account for around a quarter of the ICT sector's CO2 emissions
•It is estimated that a medium-sized server has roughly the same annual carbon footprint as an SUV vehicle doing 15 miles per gallon
•The manufacturing process for computers is very energy intensive. A recent study at the United Nations University in Tokyo found that most electrical products consume around 95% of lifecycle fossil fuels when in use; however, 75% of PC fossil fuel consumption has already happened before the computer is even switched on for the first time
•Furthermore, the study found that the manufacture of one PC requires about 1.7 tonnes of raw materials and water, and consumes over ten times the computer's weight in fossil fuels.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/12/04/your-computer-causing-global-warming#ixzz1PWBpKtB6