PDA

View Full Version : Airport security is out of control

gabosaurus
06-17-2011, 07:04 PM
I spent most of today at LA International, trying to put my daughter on a flight to Minneapolis. The place is full of loony nutcases!
First incident was baggage check in. My daughter is flying business class, which is supposed to have quicker check in. Except the employee handling business check in (which had no line) was not at her position. And no one else could/would do it. I had to create a disturbance before a manager would come out and help. He only told me that the employee was "unavailable" and I should have waited.
Then they weren't going to allow me to wait for the flight with my daughter, because I didn't have a ticket,thus I couldn't go to the boarding area. I explained that my daughter was 10 years old, and I had done it in the past. They said they considered a 10 year old to be able to find their own way around.
Excuse me, you want me to allow a 10 year old girl to walk around a large airport by herself? I had to find an airport police supervisor, who fortunately understood my situation.

There are some crazy, over reactive fools out there. :mad:

KSigMason
06-18-2011, 04:37 AM
When I went through Kuwait City International Airport a few months ago I went through 5 security checkpoints that did nothing more than create lines nor did they do anything more than the 1st point.

I remember LAX, it is a cesspool and most ticket counter employees are just smart enough to push keys on a keyboard.

Gunny
06-18-2011, 05:54 AM
I spent most of today at LA International, trying to put my daughter on a flight to Minneapolis. The place is full of loony nutcases!
First incident was baggage check in. My daughter is flying business class, which is supposed to have quicker check in. Except the employee handling business check in (which had no line) was not at her position. And no one else could/would do it. I had to create a disturbance before a manager would come out and help. He only told me that the employee was "unavailable" and I should have waited.
Then they weren't going to allow me to wait for the flight with my daughter, because I didn't have a ticket,thus I couldn't go to the boarding area. I explained that my daughter was 10 years old, and I had done it in the past. They said they considered a 10 year old to be able to find their own way around.
Excuse me, you want me to allow a 10 year old girl to walk around a large airport by herself? I had to find an airport police supervisor, who fortunately understood my situation.

What are you crying about? TSA is a direct result of the left whining and crying that Bush "do something" after 9/11. I'll ask the same question now I asked 9+ years ago .... How much of your Constitutional Rights are you willing to give for "Big Brother" to make sure your Pampers are snugged on just right?

You lefties can't have your cake and eat it too. The current fascism in this country is a direct result of YOU.

Now deal with it.

fj1200
06-18-2011, 12:16 PM
I spent most of today...

Ah yes, the efficiency of government action, they need more such power eh?

Little-Acorn
06-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Ah yes, the efficiency of government action, they need more such power eh?

When you find something completely obstructive, inefficient, and inexplicable, nine times out of ten the cause is GOVERNMENT.

Think how much better off we'll be when they start running healthcare. :cheers2:

revelarts
06-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Well Gab I agree with you 1000%
it's Insane what they are doing.

ANd it's Funny but great to see the so many here say that the security is a sham.
Some here used to defend the TSA and all the airport options because of the horrible threat.

It seems that both the left and the right can agree that the TSA and Other BS airport Security measures should go.

How about all sides aiming our guns in that direction and getting this crap stopped instead of at each other.
Seems we are wasting energy fighting over a point we agree on.
when the enemy is the gov't. Bush did it and dems and republicans voted for it. Repubs and dems rank and file cried for "safety". bureaucrats and corporations cobbled the mess together.

Let's consistently demand it be dismantled.

bipartasan got us here bipartasan demands can get us out.

gabosaurus
06-19-2011, 12:35 AM
What are you crying about? TSA is a direct result of the left whining and crying that Bush "do something" after 9/11. I'll ask the same question now I asked 9+ years ago .... How much of your Constitutional Rights are you willing to give for "Big Brother" to make sure your Pampers are snugged on just right?

You lefties can't have your cake and eat it too. The current fascism in this country is a direct result of YOU.

Now deal with it.

How do you manage to inject politics into a story about taking my daughter to the airport? Quit being an right wing asshole about things. If you want to inject TSA into things, make sure you include how Bush allowed our country to be attacked in order to start his own war, which some of you freaking lunatics still support.
I swear, some of you people need to have your heads checked. You have had one shell too many blow up in your freaking faces and have been deranged ever since.
If you are just going to post attacking garbage, go back to your other loser board and hang out with the other right wing losers.

logroller
06-19-2011, 03:07 AM
How do you manage to inject politics into a story about taking my daughter to the airport?

Yo gabs, this isn't a chat forum--it's politics. :wink2: