PDA

View Full Version : $5 Raffle Ticket Buys Dinner With Obama

red states rule
06-18-2011, 02:45 AM
Not only does it look like Obama is desperate to raise money, but the $5 price tag seems over priced to me

And what is the dinner? A trip to a Subway store with Obama and Anthony Weiner for a $5 foor long?

In return for a $5 donation to his reelection campaign, President Barack Obama is offering supporters a chance to participate in a raffle to win a “casual” dinner with him at an unstated location.

In an e-mail to supporters, the president says his campaign will raffle off four tickets for the casual dinner.

“We rely on everyday Americans giving whatever they can afford--and I want to spend time with a few of you,” Obama's e-mail reads. “So if you make a donation today, you'll be automatically entered for a chance to be one of the four supporters to sit down with me for dinner. Please donate $5 or more today.”

The e-mail, which also says the campaign does not take contributions from lobbyists or special-interests, says that “most campaigns” invite high-powered guests to its fundraising dinners. It fails to note, however, that President Obama himself has conducted several high-dollar fundraisers in the weeks since he announced his reelection effort.

“Most campaigns fill their dinner guest lists primarily with Washington lobbyists and special interests,” says the e-mail. “We didn't get here doing that, and we're not going to start now. We're running a different kind of campaign. We don't take money from Washington lobbyists or special-interest PACs--we never have, and we never will.”

Describing the event as a “casual meal among friends,” the e-mail goes on to imply that the dinner will be a chance for the president and four lucky supporters to share stories and ideas about national policy.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-campaign-5-buys-dinner-president

Gaffer
06-18-2011, 09:30 AM
I'd rather spend the money on five state lottery tickets. The bonus if I win is I can donate money to a tea party rep and help improve the country.

red states rule
06-18-2011, 09:31 AM
I'd rather spend the money on five state lottery tickets. The bonus if I win is I can donate money to a tea party rep and help improve the country.

I would rather spend the money on ANYTHING else Gaffer

It is telling me Obama is a very desperate man and is in panic mode.

He can't sell out his fundraisers, he speaks to half full halls, and his poll numbers are heading south

Damn I can't wait for 2012

Gaffer
06-18-2011, 09:53 AM
His money sources are drying up. He's going to have to get that civilian defense force in place soon. I still have doubts about a 2012 election, but if it is held expect to see fraud and intimidation on a level never seen before in this country.

red states rule
06-18-2011, 09:56 AM
His money sources are drying up. He's going to have to get that civilian defense force in place soon. I still have doubts about a 2012 election, but if it is held expect to see fraud and intimidation on a level never seen before in this country.

Gaffer, you can bet the afrm the "winners" will all be the same

They will be like the dumb women who said she would not have to pay her mortgage any longer now that Obama was elected

or the paid performers who were paid to "faint"

They will be fawning love sick puppies and the liberal media will give it plenty of air time

darin
06-18-2011, 10:42 AM
I entered - there's a link where one can enter free - in the fine-print. I'd love to chat with Mr. President. :)

red states rule
06-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I entered - there's a link where one can enter free - in the fine-print. I'd love to chat with Mr. President. :)

Let us know if you "win"

I will look forward to the liberla media's "report" of the lunch

"Obama sits down with red neck racist gun owner and internet hatemonger"

darin
06-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Let us know if you "win"

I will look forward to the liberla media's "report" of the lunch

"Obama sits down with red neck racist gun owner and internet hatemonger"

...and disabled vet. :D

Abbey Marie
06-21-2011, 11:20 AM
D, if you win, say you're far too busy with your guns and religion to attend.

darin
06-21-2011, 12:19 PM
heck no! I'd LOVE for a conservative / libertarian to be there - not just worshipers. Plus, would still be neat to meet the president, regardless of who holds the position.

Abbey Marie
06-21-2011, 03:53 PM
heck no! I'd LOVE for a conservative / libertarian to be there - not just worshipers. Plus, would still be neat to meet the president, regardless of who holds the position.

I was trying to be funny- think it fell flat!

gabosaurus
06-21-2011, 05:32 PM
All this over a fund raising raffle ticket? :laugh:

TheShadowKNows
06-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Not only does it look like Obama is desperate to raise money, but the $5 price tag seems over priced to me

And what is the dinner? A trip to a Subway store with Obama and Anthony Weiner for a $5 foor long?

Can I Cook ??????????????