PDA

View Full Version : retiredman

maineman
06-18-2011, 08:28 PM
I came here in 2007 and stared posting... was it as manfromaine or maineman? I honestly cannot remember. I DO know that after a lot of heat from this board, jimnyc decided that he would change the screen name for all my past post to retiredman and that would remove maineman and/or manfrommaine from the list of "most posts" and I could reenter as "moderate democrat" and hopefully be able to continue to post about issues and not be bogged down with issues about WHO I was and that posters would hopefully concentrate on WHAT I said. That is my recollection of the events that transpired. Even if I had created the "retiredman" persona, which I did not, I would certainly NOT have been able to go back and retroactively change my screen name for all those posts that I had previously posted as maineman or manfrommaine. That would have taken some extraordinary intervention by someone with the ability to change things already posted. Like a senior staff member, or the board owner... Which begs the question: How did THIS post come to be?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?9553-US-Troops-Are-Winning-in-Iraq-When-Will-Dems-Admit-It&p=166749#post166749

jimnyc
06-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I came here in 2007 and stared posting... was it as manfromaine or maineman? I honestly cannot remember. I DO know that after a lot of heat from this board, jimnyc decided that he would change the screen name for all my past post to retiredman and that would remove maineman and/or manfrommaine from the list of "most posts" and I could reenter as "moderate democrat" and hopefully be able to continue to post about issues and not be bogged down with issues about WHO I was and that posters would hopefully concentrate on WHAT I said. That is my recollection of the events that transpired. Even if I had created the "retiredman" persona, which I did not, I would certainly NOT have been able to go back and retroactively change my screen name for all those posts that I had previously posted as maineman or manfrommaine. That would have taken some extraordinary intervention by someone with the ability to change things already posted. Like a senior staff member, or the board owner... Which begs the question: How did THIS post come to be?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?9553-US-Troops-Are-Winning-in-Iraq-When-Will-Dems-Admit-It&p=166749#post166749

You created "retiredman" and wanted to hide posts from your church, so your name wasn't associated, because someone else sent posts to your church. It was AFTER I helped you out of that situation, that you created retiredman. Accounts merged. You were banned. You ask to again come back as moderate democrat. You were banned again. You come back, banned again. Finally, I unbanned you this time and told you to go back as maineman. The IP's are recorded and shown in the other thread. You're busted, now go away and lie somewhere else.

jimnyc
06-18-2011, 08:39 PM
IP's match - You're a liar!

http://i52.tinypic.com/rjh860.jpg

Direct link for full size picture - http://i52.tinypic.com/rjh860.jpg

Kathianne
06-18-2011, 08:42 PM
You created "retiredman" and wanted to hide posts from your church, so your name wasn't associated, because someone else sent posts to your church. It was AFTER I helped you out of that situation, that you created retiredman. Accounts merged. You were banned. You ask to again come back as moderate democrat. You were banned again. You come back, banned again. Finally, I unbanned you this time and told you to go back as maineman. The IP's are recorded and shown in the other thread. You're busted, now go away and lie somewhere else.

Now this, I've recollection of. Never expected to see him back again. Yet he bragged at how he was excepted back, wishing death and profanities and all. Gave me totally new perspective on Obama and Wright. Not exceptions, but rule of the nutter religious.

Gunny
06-22-2011, 10:58 AM

Actually it just takes a simple type-over on your userID.

Gunny
06-22-2011, 10:59 AM

LMFAO!:lol: