PDA

View Full Version : Homeless Man Gets Surprising News: He's Rich!

Shadow
06-19-2011, 09:45 AM
SALT LAKE CITY -- A private investigator says he has tracked down a homeless Utah man and delivered some good news: He's inherited a lot of money.

David Lundberg said he found Max Melitzer pushing a shopping cart filled with personal possessions in a Salt Lake City park Saturday afternoon.

Lundberg declined to disclose how much money Melitzer will be receiving, but said the man's brother who died of cancer last year left him a "significant" amount in his will.

"He'll no longer be living on the street or in abandoned storage sheds," he told The Associated Press. "He'll be able to have a normal life, and be able to have a home, provide for himself, and purchase clothing, food and health care."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/18/homeless-man-gets-surprising-news-hes-rich/#ixzz1PjWemQrS

Kathianne
06-19-2011, 09:50 AM
I love stories like that! Thanks!

jimnyc
06-19-2011, 05:04 PM
The homeless will probably read about this and next thing you know you'll have 200 of them claiming to be this guy. :laugh:

fj1200
06-19-2011, 07:30 PM
The homeless have access to the interwebs? Who knew? :laugh:

Kathianne
06-19-2011, 07:41 PM
The homeless have access to the interwebs? Who knew? :laugh:

Homeless spend a lot of time in libraries-AC and Heat.

PostmodernProphet
06-20-2011, 06:44 AM
aren't there quite a number of homeless people who are there because of addiction or mental illness?........I expect that there are a significant number who would be able to live well off if they could only deal with those issues.....

Abbey Marie
06-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Homeless spend a lot of time in libraries-AC and Heat.

And running water. We used to have one who washed up in the library water fountain. :puke:

Kathianne
06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
aren't there quite a number of homeless people who are there because of addiction or mental illness?........I expect that there are a significant number who would be able to live well off if they could only deal with those issues.....

The addicted ones I have some trouble working up worrying for. Those with mental illness and those that went from working poor to falling into homelessness? Those are the ones that need community help.

Shadow
06-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Came across this...hope this guy is okay and just missed his bus or something....

Rags-to-riches homeless man doesn't show up in NY

ALBANY, N.Y. – A homeless man from Utah has failed to show up in New York to claim the sizable inheritance from his brother.

The Daily Gazette of Schenectady reports that Max Melitzer was supposed to arrive Thursday at the Albany bus station, where his cousin Richard Goldfarb was waiting for him. But the newspaper reports that Melitzer wasn't on any of the buses that pulled into the station.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110624/ap_on_re_us/us_homeless_man_rich