PDA

View Full Version : America's Vetoes Shielding Israel from Criticism/Accountability for its Crimes

J.T
06-21-2011, 08:21 PM
UNITED NATIONS - The Obama administration Friday cast its first-ever veto in the U.N. Security Council, blocking a Palestinian-backed draft resolution that denounced Israel's (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/countries/israel.html?nav=el) settlement policy as an illegal obstacle to peace efforts in the Middle East.
The U.S. vote killed off a measure that was supported by the 14 other members of the Security Council and isolated the United States on a crucial Middle East matter at a time of political upheaval in the region.
Although U.S. officials have consistently criticized the settlement policy, a vote in favor of the resolution would have angered Israel and its U.S. supporters, including Republican lawmakers, who had urged the Obama administration to stand with Israel at all costs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/18/AR2011021805442.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/UN/usvetoes.html

Gaffer
06-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Wow what a surprise, the un is pushing resolutions against Israel. I'm surprised more that the dark lord didn't go along with them.

abso
06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
what a surprise, USA vote against something that it is asking israel to do, it asks Israel to stop building the illegal settlements, but vote against it in UN, just to please israel, USA is always ready to look stupid.

hope israel is happy now, and USA looking stupid and weak as usual.

abso
06-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Wow what a surprise, the un is pushing resolutions against Israel. I'm surprised more that the dark lord didn't go along with them.

maybe you need to start thinking about why Europe is supporting the vote while USA is the only one against it, is Europe controlled by arabs and muslim ???

maybe its because Europe is not afraid to express its opinion freely, no lobbies controlling the countries from the back room, no presidents afraid from israel opinion about them, no presidents elected just because the jew people like them, maybe because they are not hypocritical countries like USA.

i wonder why the whole world is against israel and USA is israel's servant, maybe because israel is wrong, or maybe because the whole world is wrong and USA is the only one who can see the truth.

darin
06-24-2011, 10:52 AM
...the whole world is wrong and USA is the only one who can see the truth.

You have typed fewer words with such clarity. :)

:salute:

Seriously, the world appeases the Muslims - who will likely start bombing when folks stand up to their bullying.

CSM
06-24-2011, 10:57 AM
maybe you need to start thinking about why Europe is supporting the vote while USA is the only one against it, is Europe controlled by arabs and muslim ???

maybe its because Europe is not afraid to express its opinion freely, no lobbies controlling the countries from the back room, no presidents afraid from israel opinion about them, no presidents elected just because the jew people like them, maybe because they are not hypocritical countries like USA.

i wonder why the whole world is against israel and USA is israel's servant, maybe because israel is wrong, or maybe because the whole world is wrong and USA is the only one who can see the truth.

And maybe ... just maybe ... Europe is back on the course they took during WWII and now (along with their Muslim/Arab brothers) figure it is now safe to resume the genocide that they embarked upon in the 20th century!

abso
06-24-2011, 10:59 AM
You have typed fewer words with such clarity. :)

:salute:

Seriously, the world appeases the Muslims - who will likely start bombing when folks stand up to their bullying.

the point is, and i am talking about most of people, not you and me,

Americans see muslims as devils
Muslims see Americans as devils.

so, who is right and who is wrong, that is a matter of prespective, but from the solid facts, American soliders occupy muslim lands, not the opposite, so muslim radicals can always attribute their behaviour to the US behaviour against muslims, each side has his own justification, the only solution is if we remove such justifications and then see what happens.

and you must remember something, that muslim radicals have never harmed USA nor attacked it before Israel creation, its the current situation that is making troubles for both sides, the blind Support of USA towards Israel is the problem, if USA is like the whole world, maybe it won't be a problem for anyone.

and i remind you of presisent Lincoln words, when he asked coming generations of Americans not to take sides in foriegn policies, not to do anything that is not in the best interest of Americans, and of course you can't tell me that anything USA is doing in ME right now is in the best interest of USA, its just the best interest of ISrael that matters now.

And maybe ... just maybe ... Europe is back on the course they took during WWII and now (along with their Muslim/Arab brothers) figure it is now safe to resume the genocide that they embarked upon in the 20th century!

maybe, or maybe they can see the truth but the forces controlling your country is preventing you from seeing such truth.

can you really tell me that policy in your country is based on what's right and what's wrong ???

can you really tell me that elections in USA is not affection by jewish lobbies in USA ???

can you really tell me that AIPAC is not the most important thing that any candidate must win to be president ???

can you really tell me that your country is not controlled by jews and run for the best interest of Israel not the american civilians.

shouldn't the trillions of dollars spent on meaningless wars be spent on the welfare of americans instead of wars?

CSM
06-24-2011, 11:07 AM
maybe, or maybe they can see the truth but the forces controlling your country is preventing you from seeing such truth.

can you really tell me that policy in your country is based on what's right and what's wrong ???

can you really tell me that elections in USA is not affection by jewish lobbies in USA ???

can you really tell me that AIPAC is not the most important thing that any candidate must win to be president ???

can you really tell me that your country is not controlled by jews and run for the best interest of Israel not the american civilians.

shouldn't the trillions of dollars spent on meaningless wars be spent on the welfare of americans instead of wars?

Youa re absolutely correct. No one (least of all myself) can tell you a damned thing! You are convinced of your own point of view and will stick to it regardless of what ANYONE tells you!

darin
06-24-2011, 11:12 AM

To make that statement true:

Americans see islamic terrorists as devils. Millions of non-terrorist muslims support islamic terrorists who view everybody who is non-muslim as worthy of death.

abso
06-24-2011, 11:22 AM
To make that statement true:

Americans see islamic terrorists as devils. Millions of non-terrorist muslims support islamic terrorists who view everybody who is non-muslim as worthy of death.

nope, many americans see all muslims as devils, they assume that muslims are terrorists by nature but just trying to refuse that part of their culture, that statement is based on my experience around here, in which most of the people try to demonize me and think of me like a terrorist.

so such wrong practice from people is also seen in both sides.

anyway, that is not the problem, the problem is why, why do people see each other like that, can't they give each other a break and start judging each person for his own personality, not for his religion, can't we all stop group judging others, and start judging each one separately.

Youa re absolutely correct. No one (least of all myself) can tell you a damned thing! You are convinced of your own point of view and will stick to it regardless of what ANYONE tells you!

i think that i am always open for other point of view, if you have one then i would be pleased if you can share it with me.

but anyway, that point of view that i posted, is not only mine, its known allover the world for many people, muslims, christians and jews, its not a hidden fact that AIPAC controlls the foriegn policy of USA, and that USA never does anything that Israel doesn't want it to do, can you name something that USA did against israel, or to put it in other words, something that USA did that wasn't in favour of Israel ?

Gaffer
06-24-2011, 11:23 AM
the point is, and i am talking about most of people, not you and me,

so, who is right and who is wrong, that is a matter of prespective, but from the solid facts, American soliders occupy muslim lands, not the opposite, so muslim radicals can always attribute their behaviour to the US behaviour against muslims, each side has his own justification, the only solution is if we remove such justifications and then see what happens.

and you must remember something, that muslim radicals have never harmed USA nor attacked it before Israel creation, its the current situation that is making troubles for both sides, the blind Support of USA towards Israel is the problem, if USA is like the whole world, maybe it won't be a problem for anyone.

and i remind you of presisent Lincoln words, when he asked coming generations of Americans not to take sides in foriegn policies, not to do anything that is not in the best interest of Americans, and of course you can't tell me that anything USA is doing in ME right now is in the best interest of USA, its just the best interest of ISrael that matters now.

Following WW2 many Jews had nowhere to go. The Brits had promised a Jewish homeland in Israel many years before the war and many of the European Jews went to Israel following the war. Even then they had to fight with the Brits to get what was promised them. Most of the Jews in Israel are descendants of European Jews.

In present day Europe they are reverting back to the old ways of the 20th century, just as CSM said. And most have large populations of muslims as well. They are joined by all the muslim countries in the world at the un to condemn Israel.

I'm sure our muslim president would gladly throw Israel under the bus, but he's in the middle of an election campaign and can't afford to lose the Jewish vote right now.

darin
06-24-2011, 11:26 AM
nope, many americans see all muslims as devils, they assume that muslims are terrorists by nature but just trying to refuse that part of their culture, that statement is based on my experience around here, in which most of the people try to demonize me and think of me like a terrorist.

so such wrong practice from people is also seen in both sides.

anyway, that is not the problem, the problem is why, why do people see each other like that, can't they give each other a break and start judging each person for his own personality, not for his religion, can't we all stop group judging others, and start judging each one separately.

I have never seen Americans protesting in the streets calling for the assassination of Islamic people. I've never seen Americans - who are as a group the kindest people in the world - ever mass-organize hate-marches. You're fooling yourself, and adding to the wrong-practice of believing most, or even a significant majority of Americans hate muslims. It's simply untrue. I think you know it, but if you believe the truth, you'll have less compassion on your islamic brethren who fight against freedom and democracy.

abso
06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
I have never seen Americans protesting in the streets calling for the assassination of Islamic people. I've never seen Americans - who are as a group the kindest people in the world - ever mass-organize hate-marches. You're fooling yourself, and adding to the wrong-practice of believing most, or even a significant majority of Americans hate muslims. It's simply untrue. I think you know it, but if you believe the truth, you'll have less compassion on your islamic brethren who fight against freedom and democracy.

i never said i have compassion with someone who kills a civilian, my position is soemthing i have stated clearly many times, i support fighters who kill fighterts, but killing civilians on any side is something i condemn, and by calculation of the civilian casualities on any conflict, i always see more muslim civilians dead.

Gaffer
06-24-2011, 11:49 AM
i never said i have compassion with someone who kills a civilian, my position is soemthing i have stated clearly many times, i support fighters who kill fighterts, but killing civilians on any side is something i condemn, and by calculation of the civilian casualities on any conflict, i always see more muslim civilians dead.

That's because they hide behind the civilians. They set up their weapons systems in schools and neighborhoods so that when a counter attack is made they are sure to have lots of civilian casualties that they can parade around for the cameras and stir up people like you to support them. Hezbo and hamas do this ALL the time. It's the way to incite people to their cause. They want lots of civilian casualties in order to gain support from people like you.

fj1200
06-24-2011, 12:15 PM

Do you think that the plight of the citizens of the Middle East would be different if there was no Israel or Americans "occupying" Muslim lands?

Good to see you around abso, your perspective is missed... by me at least.

J.T
06-24-2011, 01:39 PM
:lol:

Yes, yes, Six Million Jews were killed in France last year and six million are estimated to be in Spanish prisons.

Hell, they just found six million Jews down a well in England :lol:

J.T
06-24-2011, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWpOqAitZLs

fj1200
06-24-2011, 01:54 PM
The US should veto every pointless UN resolution. I guess it would have no purpose then.

abso
06-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Following WW2 many Jews had nowhere to go. The Brits had promised a Jewish homeland in Israel many years before the war and many of the European Jews went to Israel following the war. Even then they had to fight with the Brits to get what was promised them. Most of the Jews in Israel are descendants of European Jews.

In present day Europe they are reverting back to the old ways of the 20th century, just as CSM said. And most have large populations of muslims as well. They are joined by all the muslim countries in the world at the un to condemn Israel.

I'm sure our muslim president would gladly throw Israel under the bus, but he's in the middle of an election campaign and can't afford to lose the Jewish vote right now.

and who gave the brits the right to give such a promise !!!, the Balfour Declaration is not legal in any human sense !!!, the world fought to liberate the jews from Hitler control, not to move them to the ME.

fj1200
06-24-2011, 02:38 PM
and who gave the brits the right to give such a promise !!!, the Balfour Declaration is not legal in any human sense !!!, the world fought to liberate the jews from Hitler control, not to move them to the ME.

Is Israel not their homeland as well? Did they overthrow the country of Palestine?

J.T
06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Is Israel not their homeland as well?
No. Most of those 'returning' to Isra-El had never been there before.

If the genocides committed by their ancestors during brutal campaigns of expansion and conquest make Isra-El rightfully theirs, then the whole of mainland Western Europe continues to rightfully belong to Germany and must be restored to the German people, for it is their rightful homeland.

Gaffer
06-24-2011, 03:04 PM

The spoils of war.

WW2 was fought because Hitler was trying to conquer the world. Most of the world had no clue what was going on in the nazi controlled part of Europe concerning the Jews. To Hitler the Jews were just a scapegoat, much as they are to the arabs today. Something to draw the attention of the people away from the internal problems and to focus their hate.

abso
06-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Do you think that the plight of the citizens of the Middle East would be different if there was no Israel or Americans "occupying" Muslim lands?

Good to see you around abso, your perspective is missed... by me at least.

yes i think so, did the muslims have any problems thousand years ago when there were no occupation forces in our lands ???, i remember that muslims back then built a great civilization which was the source of enlightenment at it's time, but then came the age of wars with the west, till now the west is still the source of most of our problems, i do acknowledge that we have internal issues that needs to be handled, but that is our problem not your problem, but you don't get to occupy our lands and then tell us that we won't be alot better without the occupation, i think we prefer to die free than to live in an occupation.

read the history and you will see that over many centuries, the west always wanted to occupy the east, especially the middle east.

USA has been a great country when it minded its own business, like when britain asked US to help it in WWII, USA refused, because it had no interest in that war, it was only after pearl harbour that USA intervened, but now, USA is always willing to intervene in any conflict even it has no interest at all in it, the american civilization is dying slowly because of such actions.

anyway, here is my answer again, yes the ME would be alot different is israel didn't exist, and if USA did not occupy muslim lands.

remember one simple example, there were no Hezuallah until israel invaded lebanon in 82, so israel created Hezbuallah by that invasion, there were no Hamas until 1987.

so can you tell me what was the problem that stood between israel and peace before 1982 ??, no Hezbuallah, no Hamas.

so, israel existence is what created the same organizations that you nowdays call terrorists, israel treatment to palestinians is the main reason that make muslim radicals resolve to violence.

remember another example, until 1990, there were nothin called Al-Qaeda, Bin Laden never attacked the west, never was called a terrorist, actually he was regarded as a hero by the CIA and Saudia Arabia after the Soviet withdrawal from afghanistan, but when USA decided to interfer in the golf war, that is when Bin Laden decided to fight USA, because from his opinion, american forces had no right to be on muslim lands.

so the israeli existence along with the US interference in ME is what incited the hatred in the hearts of radicals which then led us to our situation.

Gaffer
06-24-2011, 03:17 PM

If the genocides committed by their ancestors during brutal campaigns of expansion and conquest make Isra-El rightfully theirs, then the whole of mainland Western Europe continues to rightfully belong to Germany and must be restored to the German people, for it is their rightful homeland.

That's what Hitler tried to do and failed. They lost the territory. To the victor's go the spoils.

The ancient Israeli's conquered the land and were in turn conquered. Conquest and genocide has gone on for thousands of years. It's not just an Israeli thing. They were given some land and had to fight to keep it. Through defensive wars they have added land. They can do with it as they please.

abso
06-24-2011, 03:23 PM
That's what Hitler tried to do and failed. They lost the territory. To the victor's go the spoils.

The ancient Israeli's conquered the land and were in turn conquered. Conquest and genocide has gone on for thousands of years. It's not just an Israeli thing. They were given some land and had to fight to keep it. Through defensive wars they have added land. They can do with it as they please.

although i remember 67 war to be started by israel.

although i posted quotes by israelian leaders in which they admitted that they wanted to start that war because they saw a chance and they had to take it.

although the international law does not agree with what you said, and that there is nothing called to victor goes the spoils in the international law.

although what you are talking about is the animals law or The Law of the Jungle.

but anyway, okay, you are right, if you think that we are all animals, then okay, in that case, what you are saying is true.

Gaffer
06-24-2011, 03:52 PM
yes i think so, did the muslims have any problems thousand years ago when there were no occupation forces in our lands ???, i remember that muslims back then built a great civilization which was the source of enlightenment at it's time, but then came the age of wars with the west, till now the west is still the source of most of our problems, i do acknowledge that we have internal issues that needs to be handled, but that is our problem not your problem, but you don't get to occupy our lands and then tell us that we won't be alot better without the occupation, i think we prefer to die free than to live in an occupation.

read the history and you will see that over many centuries, the west always wanted to occupy the east, especially the middle east.

USA has been a great country when it minded its own business, like when britain asked US to help it in WWII, USA refused, because it had no interest in that war, it was only after pearl harbour that USA intervened, but now, USA is always willing to intervene in any conflict even it has no interest at all in it, the american civilization is dying slowly because of such actions.

anyway, here is my answer again, yes the ME would be alot different is israel didn't exist, and if USA did not occupy muslim lands.

remember one simple example, there were no Hezuallah until israel invaded lebanon in 82, so israel created Hezbuallah by that invasion, there were no Hamas until 1987.

so can you tell me what was the problem that stood between israel and peace before 1982 ??, no Hezbuallah, no Hamas.

so, israel existence is what created the same organizations that you nowdays call terrorists, israel treatment to palestinians is the main reason that make muslim radicals resolve to violence.

remember another example, until 1990, there were nothin called Al-Qaeda, Bin Laden never attacked the west, never was called a terrorist, actually he was regarded as a hero by the CIA and Saudia Arabia after the Soviet withdrawal from afghanistan, but when USA decided to interfer in the golf war, that is when Bin Laden decided to fight USA, because from his opinion, american forces had no right to be on muslim lands.

so the israeli existence along with the US interference in ME is what incited the hatred in the hearts of radicals which then led us to our situation.

From the time of it's inception islam has always attempted to conquer and subjugate all regions. Centered in saudi arabia it spread east and west. All of north africa fell to it and much of southern europe. Spain fell entirely. It was finally stopped by the crusades sent against them by the pope. The crusades stopped around Jerusalem. It was a defensive war for the west. The west never wanted to occupy the middle east. There's nothing there except oil and that wasn't of value until the early 29th century. Africa was a different story as there are a lot of minerals there.

There is only one country in the middle east that is being occupied by western forces and that is iraq, which the govt of iraq requested. The troops that went to asudi arabia during the first war with iraq went there at the invitation of the saudi govt to prevent an invasion of SA by iraq. When the war ended all the western troops were withdrawn accept for a few air units there to handle the no fly zone and again at the invitation of the saudi's.Seems to me bin laden should have been going after the sauds.

The US has a vested interest in the middle east. It's called oil. More so now since the thug in charge here won't let oil companies drill or produce more oil domestically.

We have been designated the worlds police force. By the rest of the world. To do that requires having bases and points to operate from. It's a position most of us don't want.Police yourself and go back to living in the 7th century which is what islam demands.

fj1200
06-24-2011, 05:23 PM

Ancient homeland.

No.

fj1200
06-24-2011, 05:28 PM

Thanks for the reply. However I do think that taking away those two influences, US and Israel, there would still be a climate of oppression, it's just now that there are easy scapegoats to be played against.

J.T
06-24-2011, 06:43 PM
From the time of it's inception islam has always attempted to conquer and subjugate all regions.

A trait they inherited from Judaism and which is shared by Americanism, Christianity, Communism, and pretty much every other religious system in history.

We have been designated the worlds police force. By the rest of the world.
Really? Because seem to be rather upset over our designating ourselves such.

Ancient homeland.

You mean after they stole of from the Ammonites, Hittites, Jesubites, and Amekalites and slaughtered every last man, woman, and screaming child?

No.

So it's different when one group does it because they Jews are the Master Race chosen by god and have a rightful place ruling over the subhuman goyim?

Dilloduck
06-24-2011, 11:19 PM
A trait they inherited from Judaism and which is shared by Americanism, Christianity, Communism, and pretty much every other religious system in history.

Really? Because seem to be rather upset over our designating ourselves such.

You mean after they stole of from the Ammonites, Hittites, Jesubites, and Amekalites and slaughtered every last man, woman, and screaming child?

So it's different when one group does it because they Jews are the Master Race chosen by god and have a rightful place ruling over the subhuman goyim?

Yes--It's always different when it comes to God's chosen.
It amazes me that anyone would even accept that label.

fj1200
06-25-2011, 01:57 AM

:rolleyes:

abso
06-25-2011, 06:50 AM
That's because they hide behind the civilians. They set up their weapons systems in schools and neighborhoods so that when a counter attack is made they are sure to have lots of civilian casualties that they can parade around for the cameras and stir up people like you to support them. Hezbo and hamas do this ALL the time. It's the way to incite people to their cause. They want lots of civilian casualties in order to gain support from people like you.

none who kills civilians will ever gain my support, and about Hamas their policy is to allow attacking civilians, so i don't support them, doesn't matter how many muslims casualities they show me, even if one million muslim died, i will never agree to the death of one non muslim, i believe that revenge is never the solution, and that i will never ever accept in my life the death of any innocent human soul be it for any reason.

Dilloduck
06-25-2011, 11:07 AM
:rolleyes:

JT reduces a lot of posters to emoticons.

Gaffer
06-25-2011, 11:46 AM
JT reduces a lot of posters to emoticons.

That's only because we can't reach through the screen and slap him upside the head.

Gunny
07-12-2011, 04:45 PM
what a surprise, USA vote against something that it is asking israel to do, it asks Israel to stop building the illegal settlements, but vote against it in UN, just to please israel, USA is always ready to look stupid.

hope israel is happy now, and USA looking stupid and weak as usual.

Maybe you should pull YOUR head out and wonder why YOU support a state that has a known international terrorist organization for a government, is backed by violent radical, genocidal Islamists, and is continually the aggressor in a war that should have ended decades ago.

Fact is, you Pali-apologist/Israel-haters are as bad as the Arabs calling themselves Pali's to begin with with your continual, nonsensical and non-fact-based vitriol.

Gunny
07-12-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/18/AR2011021805442.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/UN/usvetoes.html

Wrong. Looks to me more like America's vote is shielding Israel from other countries attempting to legitimize Palestine's crimes.