PDA

View Full Version : Jon Huntsman: Can a Nice Guy Finish First?

Shadow
06-21-2011, 09:44 PM
I think this guy should quit while he is ahead...and before he wastes everyones time. He is too wimpy to be president IMO.

The Jon Huntsman campaign seems designed to test whether a nice guy who doesn't speak ill of his opponents can get elected president.

"We will conduct this campaign on the high road," Huntsman said. "I don't think you need to run down someone's reputation to run for president."

And so Huntsman launched his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination in a most unusual way: with kind words for President Obama.

"I respect the president of the U.S.," said Huntsman. "He and I have a difference of opinion on how to help a country we both love. The question is who will be a better president, not who's the better American."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jon-huntsman-nice-guy-finish/story?id=13893840

gabosaurus
06-21-2011, 10:51 PM
A nice guy who tells the truth and refuses to make false promises or near slanderous allegations can not be elected to any state or national office. People will wonder what he is up to and refuse to trust him.

Gaffer
06-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Mclame already tried the nice guy approach, see where it got him.

06-22-2011, 11:42 AM
I don't see how you could possibly ruin Obama's reputation by telling the truth. Nor do I see how being nice means you can't go after policies.

Whether Gov Huntsman is a good candidate or not is yet to be seen. But if he thinks that he cant go after the Administration and The Presidents policies, then I dont think he has the committment to win.