PDA

View Full Version : Blago found guilty of 17 charges incl. selling Obama's Senate seat

Little-Acorn
06-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Finally they'll toss this guy in the clink where he belongs and get him OUT of our faces. Be nice to get away from the "Of COURSE I'm innocent, everyone else is conspiring against me" spews at last.

One more piece of trash taken out.

More to come in November 2012.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/27/jury-reaches-verdicts-on-18-counts-in-blagojevich-trial/

Jury Convicts Blagojevich on Nearly All Corruption Counts at Retrial

Published June 27, 2011
Associated Press

CHICAGO -- A jury has convicted Rod Blagojevich of nearly all the corruption charges against him, including trying to sell or trade President Obama's old Senate seat.

Jurors delivered their verdicts Monday after deliberating nine days.

Blagojevich had faced 20 charges, including the Senate seat allegation and that he schemed to shake down executives for campaign donations. He was convicted on all charges regarding the Senate seat.

He testified for seven days, denying wrongdoing. Prosecutors said he lied and the proof was on FBI wiretaps. Those included a widely parodied clip in which Blagojevich calls the Senate opportunity "f------ golden."

Jurors in his first trial deadlocked on all but one charge, convicting Blagojevich of lying to the FBI.

Blagojevich already faces up to five years for the lying conviction.

Little-Acorn
06-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Here's the rap sheet.

--------------------------

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/The-20-Counts-of-Blagojevich-123629399.html?dr

The 20 Counts of Blagojevich

(Tweet )

Rod Blagojevich was originally charged with 24 counts. During the second trial, the prosecution pared the counts to 20. What follows is a run down of the charges and the verdict for each.

•Count 1-Wire fraud related to Children's Memorial Hospital-GUILTY
•Count 2-Wire fraud related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 3-Wire fraud related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 4-Wire fraud related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 5-Wire fraud related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 6-Wire fraud related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 7-Wire fraud related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 8-Wire fraud related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 9-Wire fraud related to the Racing Bill-GUILTY
•Count 10-Wire fraud related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 11-Attempted extortion related to School Shakedown-NO VERDICT
•Count 12-Attempted extortion related to Children's Memorial Hospital-GUILTY
•Count 13-Bribery related to Children's Memorial Hospital-GUILTY
•Count 14-Extortion conspiracy related to Racing Bill-GUILTY
•Count 15-Bibery conspiracy related to Racing Bill-GUILTY
•Count 16-Attempted Extortion related to Tollway Shakedown-NO VERDICT
•Count 17-Bibery related to Tollway Shakedown-NOT GUILTY
•Count 18-Extortion conspiracy related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 19-Attempted extortion related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY
•Count 20-Bribery conspiracy related to the Senate Seat-GUILTY

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/The-20-Counts-of-Blagojevich-123629399.html?dr#ixzz1QVYilf6m

jimnyc
06-27-2011, 04:18 PM
He's cooked, going away for a long time, probably the rest of his life. I wish I could say I feel sorry for him. I would REALLY love to know if Obama had any input in the matter when the shit was happening. Blago probably covered for McChimpy and now he'll sing like a canary and nobody will believe a word he says. Bunch of fucking crooks.

Little-Acorn
06-27-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.glennbeck.com/images/news/2008/12/121008jail.jpg

House-hunting, Chicago style!

Gaffer
06-27-2011, 04:53 PM
He has prison bitch written all over him.

Kathianne
06-27-2011, 11:22 PM
He's cooked, going away for a long time, probably the rest of his life. I wish I could say I feel sorry for him. I would REALLY love to know if Obama had any input in the matter when the shit was happening. Blago probably covered for McChimpy and now he'll sing like a canary and nobody will believe a word he says. Bunch of fucking crooks.

Well I heard he could get 300+ years, but is likely to serve maybe 15. It's IL, we expect our governor to go to jail. :(

Gaffer
06-28-2011, 09:30 AM
I expect him to walk when the pardons are issued at the end of the term.